Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * - 57 votes

Astral Travel & My technique

• Please log in to reply
5004 replies to this topic

#4756    bLu3 de 3n3rgy

bLu3 de 3n3rgy

sit vis vobiscum

• 11,987 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 04:51 AM

View PostAsG1989, on 18 November 2011 - 01:43 AM, said:

What is it like when you roll out? what if you imagine in your minds eye that your above your body, but when you roll out you would be beside your body right? and how do you go about rolling out without physically moving?

My question to that would be if you are capable of visualizing in your minds eye in the first place, why would you visualize yourself above your body? You are just wasting your time and energy.

You are not getting the concept if that is how you are trying understand it. If you already know/can use your minds eye then by pass all this. You project with your consciousness to where you want to go or for whatever reason. IE, intention. you need an intention. What you perceive via your minds eye is where you have projected too. It's a myth that astral projection or any projection for that matter requires you to be in a sleep state or semi xyz trance/alt state. Because there are those who can do it just by projecting their consciousness and using their minds eye. Maybe better known as Remote viewing.

The Astral Projection Techniques Thread Here
*Golden rule, anything you extract, fill with light -- the universe doesn't like voids to be left.
Posted Image

#4757    Never Say Die

Never Say Die

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 26 posts

• I reject your reality and substitute my own

Posted 19 November 2011 - 01:28 PM

Exit. Many peoPle get here but fail to exit. If you just sit there without doing anything you can't expect to get out. I usually recommend rolling out first.

Ah, thanks, I'll give that a go then. Just wondering, do you have to be on top of your covers then? Or doesn't it matter?

#4758    White Crane Feather

White Crane Feather

Seeker79

• 12,999 posts

• Potter: " is this real or is this in my mind?"

Dumbledore: " Of course it's in your mind....., but that dosn't mean it's not real."

Posted 19 November 2011 - 02:00 PM

View PostNever Say Die, on 19 November 2011 - 01:28 PM, said:

Ah, thanks, I'll give that a go then. Just wondering, do you have to be on top of your covers then? Or doesn't it matter?
Well both..... Now that you prompted me to think back I was in my covers.... But it was like I was not. But I also remember floating straight up and haveing the sensation of covers holding me back because it was in my head. Thats where it might be a problem. If you don't think a wink about it then no problem but the fact that you asked means that you are so it will be,  with that in mind I'd say for you no covers. Or just a light one that would not stop you from rolling.  I have this problem ocasionally with walls
Because I think about the wall and not the task.

We have to keep careful track of our expectations in altered states.

"I wish neither to possess, Nor to be possessed. I no longer covet paradise, more important, I no longer fear hell. The medicine for my suffering I had within me from the very beginning, but I did not take it. My ailment came from within myself, But I did not observe it until this moment. Now I see that I will never find the light.  Unless, like the candle, I am my own fuel, Consuming myself. "
Bruce Lee-

#4759    AsG1989

AsG1989

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 123 posts

Posted 19 November 2011 - 06:14 PM

What does it look like when your out? do you instantly just see as if your real eyes were open? or do you have to open your "astral" eyes once your out to see.

#4760    White Crane Feather

White Crane Feather

Seeker79

• 12,999 posts

Dumbledore: " Of course it's in your mind....., but that dosn't mean it's not real."

Posted 20 November 2011 - 05:46 AM

View PostAsG1989, on 19 November 2011 - 06:14 PM, said:

What does it look like when your out? do you instantly just see as if your real eyes were open? or do you have to open your "astral" eyes once your out to see.
To me it's just like normal.... Through lots of experimentation I have come to understand that haziness is a result of memory. While you are out stop for a second then take in how clear things are.... You will see and remember everything is perfectly clear..... But when you go to remember the haze will encroach... But you remember the clear experience of testing your environment.

"I wish neither to possess, Nor to be possessed. I no longer covet paradise, more important, I no longer fear hell. The medicine for my suffering I had within me from the very beginning, but I did not take it. My ailment came from within myself, But I did not observe it until this moment. Now I see that I will never find the light.  Unless, like the candle, I am my own fuel, Consuming myself. "
Bruce Lee-

#4761    AsG1989

AsG1989

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 123 posts

Posted 21 November 2011 - 06:03 AM

Ok for me, i get to the vibrational state and the blackness behind my eyes almost always turns into a hazy white with random patterns all around. But when i try to roll out i just roll over physically...and my physical eyes open when i try to see.

#4762    White Crane Feather

White Crane Feather

Seeker79

• 12,999 posts

Posted 21 November 2011 - 07:32 AM

View PostAsG1989, on 21 November 2011 - 06:03 AM, said:

Ok for me, i get to the vibrational state and the blackness behind my eyes almost always turns into a hazy white with random patterns all around. But when i try to roll out i just roll over physically...and my physical eyes open when i try to see.

Hmmmm you may benefit from the traditional rope exit. Try pretending there is a rope above you and you are reaching up to climb it. ( I have never done it this way but some swear by it)

Bruce Lee-

#4763    Never Say Die

Never Say Die

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 26 posts

• I reject your reality and substitute my own

Posted 21 November 2011 - 07:53 PM

Oh, just two more questions from me, just thought of them,
1. Do you have to lie on your back or can you lie on your side?
2. When you do astral travel can you always see your physical body in bed?

Thanks

#4764    White Crane Feather

White Crane Feather

Seeker79

• 12,999 posts

Posted 21 November 2011 - 08:22 PM

View PostNever Say Die, on 21 November 2011 - 07:53 PM, said:

Oh, just two more questions from me, just thought of them,
1. Do you have to lie on your back or can you lie on your side?
2. When you do astral travel can you always see your physical body in bed?

Thanks
1) any position that relaxed you. just don't project forward when face down. You end up inside if your bed. It's dark and you won't know where you are at.

2) not always. Especially in the beginning. But look closely if you don't. You will see an indentation on the bed. Then your body may apear before your vary eyes. Be careful. If your body becomes aware of you staring at it..... The animal inside may freek out. And cause a nasty sleep pralysis fear feed back loop.

Bruce Lee-

#4765    A cat with a bat

A cat with a bat

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 November 2011 - 09:53 PM

(!History part!)
Ok so I've tried astral projecting and been trying it for 2 weeks.
First time I tried was really long ago, and it wasn't really intentional. I was just really meditating, and while I was relaxed, I sort of imagined this light and floating sensation. Suddenly I felt my body tingling and I saw a bright yellow light. I stopped immedietly.
Second time WAS intentional. In fact, I had just realized what astral projection was, so I tried the first method I saw (being the rope method, where you hang a rope to the ceiling and you imagine climbing it), though I couldn't tie a rope to the ceiling simply because I, like many other people, live in an  apartment. We don't have ceiling on which you can tie a rope on. Morons.
Anyways, so it was something like "Well... this looks legit.... maybe I'll try it"
and then my reaction was "Okay, stop this, STOP THIS NOW! I need to know more"
Aaand well it's almost been my most successful attempt so far. ALMOST. And by successful I mean like, I felt like I was floating. I felt like I was leaving.
And then I came upon this thread. So I need help. Like, really bad.
So I'm gonna say step-by-step what I do
(!Important part!)
1.I relax (obviously) and sometimes try to concentrate on an object (For some reason I seem to prefer an hourglass)
2.I control my breathing. I saw somewhere that I should first breathe in 2/4 of my lungs, breathe out and then inhale to a mental count of 4, hold for 2, exhale for 4, hold for 2 and then inhale again
3.When I feel I'm getting relaxed to a point where I feel my pulse at my fingertips or around my neck, I start following a certain method or invent my own (I've tried and invented many. Like imagining there is a giant fan under me, blowing me up, or a car tied to a rope and pulling me out of my body, or even people just taking my arms and pulling me.)
4.I notice I'm able to bring my visualizations out of mind, and like materialize them... or actually SEE them, not imagine them. Though it takes a lot of concentration... and they are just like white/yellow glowing lights, where the interest points are, like all over my body if I'm visualizing myself, or around the object if I am visualizing one, around the bed etc on a black base. So like, imagine a black scene, where anything I actually pay attention too is glowing with yellow light.
5.I start to get my muscles to tense up. No matter how hard I try, they keep twitching. Especially my eyebrows.
6.My concentration breaks as I start to feel I am no longer doing it right.
7.I "wake up" from a nice meditation, but nothing more.

OR
Alternative, where I do better. (This actually happened last time I tried, but at that time I was listening to the Moonlight Sonata, and had rainymood.com opened up. They made me relax real good)
1.I'm actually REALLY able to relax
2.I start following a method
3.I materialize my visualizations (as I explained above) and am almost able to "see" around the room, from the point where I think my third eye is. (THOUGH EVERY TIME I TRY It breaks my concentration on actually leaving the body I think)
4.I get my mind back on the method
5.I start getting a sensation in my legs, almost up to the knee where it's like blood is rushing around fast in my body (like when it's winter and you suddenly enter a warm place, your arms get this feeling, almost the same thing except in my legs)
6.My muscles start twitching, not to the point where they are a HUGE bother, though they do manage to hinder my concentration on leaving my body
7.I concentrate as hard as I could on leaving my body, or being in a point in the room and shifting my consciousness to that point
8.Nothing happens. I get the sensations and all...But no popping sounds, no people calling my name, no rushing etc. Just twitching.

And rarely when I try to project, when I try to concentrate on the hourglass...god....those horrible images pop out... people with white eyes....zombies...dead dogs..... Urghh, I knew those horror movies would **** up my brain >_<

Best way to get rid of them is well... just trying to push them away, or slice it like a picture, and pull it away from my concentration. Sometimes it works. Sometimes they don't stop....

So, here comes the questions part:
(!VERY IMPORTANT PART!)

1.How do I stop the images flowing into my brain easily?
2.I've reached the stage where my muscles go crazy. Now what?
3.How do I enter this "Hypnagogic" or "State of bordering sleep" for more then half a second?
4.Do Theta Binaural Beats help? (I don't have headphones, I only have speakers ;[ )
5.What's wrong with my methods/ways of astral projection?
6.What happened to that Socrates (I'm hope I'm spelling it right) guy or whatever? He suddenly stopped posting. Sorry I didn't follow the whole 380 page thread >_<

Oh, and also, one more thing. I seem to be able to put...pressure... on certain points in my body. It feels like a headache, but like, without the -ache part. It's there, it's pulsing, but it doesn't hurt. Doesn't feel nice, but it definitely doesn't hurt. I can do it in like, the top of my head, the part over my nose and between my eyes (Third eye?) and also one more part in my "back" which I'm not comfortable talking about ;) So what do they do? They seem to make me feel coming out of my body, but every time I try to do something, I feel I'm putting pressure on those points, but nothing happens. I mean like, apart from everything I described up to now.

I know, I know, it's long, but this is my first post and I'm desperate. Please help?

#4766    S.kolanci

S.kolanci

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 06:05 PM

Thank you for your post. I have known about astral traveling since i was about 10 years old. Growing in a Sufi family both my mother and my father are very spiritual oriented people. Mysticism has always been my passion. Always learning about quantum physics and "no time-No localization" idea that sufism has been teaching me, I can only imagine how fascinating experiences can be. All these spiritual teachings and science have proved that there is far more than this physical body that can process the universe at no 5 sense can do.

Now the real reason i am posting here... I wanted experience the astral projection so i can clearly see what the teachings have been teaching me and convince myself there is more than just physical body.

3 days ago for the first time, i attempted the astral projection after reading techniques about it all day long.

Let me share what i have experienced and i would like hear your advices.

first i meditated with help of a youtube video. at 10 pm. then I laid down on my back wearing very light clothing and no covers. I put my laptop on top of my chair and kept reading about Astral projection. as i found myself drifting to sleep i put my laptop down and remembered to say i will let my body sleep but keep my consciousness awake fully. And i went to sleep. I don't remember how much i slept but i was startled with this unbearable vibrational sensation. As i was hearing noises and feeling the vibes. I realized my eyes were closed but i was clearly able to see the bookshelf right across from me. At that moment i was aware that it was happening and i wanted to just relax and go with it. But in the mean time my body was fighting so hard to keep me in i couldn't resist because at that point my brain started functioning and started giving me fear.

I tried next night it didn't happen.

i believe because now i was really trying hard and thats why it didn't happen.

Do you think what i experienced was the beginning of astral projection? And i am so eager to do it again what would you suggest?

Thank you

S.k

#4767    ZEB

ZEB

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 787 posts

• Music is the Universal Language, Emotions are the Key's

Posted 29 November 2011 - 06:13 PM

Lets not forget Robert Monroe and also his institute for this kind of thing  ZEB

View PostZiggy Stardust, on 26 January 2006 - 06:33 AM, said:

<!--quoteo(post=1036533:date=Jan 26 2006, 06:26 AM:name=Yelekiah)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Yelekiah @ Jan 26 2006, 06:26 AM) View Post</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
How can you be so sure, unless you have a study on several different people and compare the data?
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Good question.

This has been done countless times before. There have been experiements all over the world involving the study of astral travel. Look up the work of:

'Stuart Blue Harary'
'Dr. Robert Morris'
'Keith Harary'
'Dr. Scott Rogo'
'William Gerhardi'

Those are just a few names. The list is endless.

#4768    White Crane Feather

White Crane Feather

Seeker79

• 12,999 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 06:14 PM

View PostS.kolanci, on 29 November 2011 - 06:05 PM, said:

Thank you for your post. I have known about astral traveling since i was about 10 years old. Growing in a Sufi family both my mother and my father are very spiritual oriented people. Mysticism has always been my passion. Always learning about quantum physics and "no time-No localization" idea that sufism has been teaching me, I can only imagine how fascinating experiences can be. All these spiritual teachings and science have proved that there is far more than this physical body that can process the universe at no 5 sense can do.

Now the real reason i am posting here... I wanted experience the astral projection so i can clearly see what the teachings have been teaching me and convince myself there is more than just physical body.

3 days ago for the first time, i attempted the astral projection after reading techniques about it all day long.

Let me share what i have experienced and i would like hear your advices.

first i meditated with help of a youtube video. at 10 pm. then I laid down on my back wearing very light clothing and no covers. I put my laptop on top of my chair and kept reading about Astral projection. as i found myself drifting to sleep i put my laptop down and remembered to say i will let my body sleep but keep my consciousness awake fully. And i went to sleep. I don't remember how much i slept but i was startled with this unbearable vibrational sensation. As i was hearing noises and feeling the vibes. I realized my eyes were closed but i was clearly able to see the bookshelf right across from me. At that moment i was aware that it was happening and i wanted to just relax and go with it. But in the mean time my body was fighting so hard to keep me in i couldn't resist because at that point my brain started functioning and started giving me fear.

I tried next night it didn't happen.

i believe because now i was really trying hard and thats why it didn't happen.

Do you think what i experienced was the beginning of astral projection? And i am so eager to do it again what would you suggest?

Thank you

S.k
Yup.... Good job. Many people cannot get that far the first time. Nice.

Bruce Lee-

#4769    S.kolanci

S.kolanci

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 01:45 PM

View PostSeeker79, on 29 November 2011 - 06:14 PM, said:

Yup.... Good job. Many people cannot get that far the first time. Nice.
Thank you for your prompt reply. Just want to tell you i have been trying since then and i can't get to that state. Also i wanna ask one more question. I am taking adhd medicine. would it be the problem do you have any idea??

#4770    White Crane Feather

White Crane Feather

Seeker79

• 12,999 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 04:16 PM

View PostS.kolanci, on 30 November 2011 - 01:45 PM, said:

Thank you for your prompt reply. Just want to tell you i have been trying since then and i can't get to that state. Also i wanna ask one more question. I am taking adhd medicine. would it be the problem do you have any idea??
Hmmm I can't say. It migh help you if it can calm your stray thoughts.

What a lot of people don't get is that it's a practice. Like anything you want to be good at. Set a schedule of practice and stick to it.

Bruce Lee-

Recent blog entries on this topic

Photo

By White Crane Feather in A man awake, on 16 February 2011 - 08:14 PM

Read Full Entry →

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users