Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * - 57 votes

Astral Travel & My technique

• Please log in to reply
5004 replies to this topic

#4786    Lady Baroz

Lady Baroz

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 10:46 PM

View PostSeeker79, on 02 December 2011 - 10:21 PM, said:

The key to control is intent. Be highly focused on each individual task. If you are going to walk through a wall to your garden focus on that like a math test. Then fly to a friends house or just will yourself there. Only focus on each individual tasks. You loose control when you start thinking if other things or something disturbs your body. Trust me. I have done plenty of flailing about trying to get control. Then a five your old jumps on you while your out of body.... Zinnnnnngggggghgg!!!!!!!! :)

AW I see your point. it takes lots of will power to do something.
I will make myself believe I'm green lantern! XD
ok, ok, I'm kidding.
I'll make sure to remember this tip next time.
I hope I can get to AP again ^^
I'm excited and scared at the same time about it which makes it more exciting!
Hehe, thank god I don't have kids or little siblings.
About the thinking part by the way, I always try to think about lyrics and other things so I can feel the jolt etc.
Whenever I think " I'll  AP  for sure this time" I end up failling and it takes me more time to concentrate again.
Usually I take 2 jolts/ hour and in the 4th jolt I succeed.
So I was thinking if you have any cool tips about this process as well.

Keeper of Light

#4787    White Crane Feather

White Crane Feather

Seeker79

• 12,938 posts

• Potter: " is this real or is this in my mind?"

Dumbledore: " Of course it's in your mind....., but that dosn't mean it's not real."

Posted 02 December 2011 - 10:53 PM

View PostPhantomhive Lady, on 02 December 2011 - 10:46 PM, said:

AW I see your point. it takes lots of will power to do something.
I will make myself believe I'm green lantern! XD
ok, ok, I'm kidding.
I'll make sure to remember this tip next time.
I hope I can get to AP again ^^
I'm excited and scared at the same time about it which makes it more exciting!
Hehe, thank god I don't have kids or little siblings.
About the thinking part by the way, I always try to think about lyrics and other things so I can feel the jolt etc.
Whenever I think " I'll  AP  for sure this time" I end up failling and it takes me more time to concentrate again.
Usually I take 2 jolts/ hour and in the 4th jolt I succeed.
So I was thinking if you have any cool tips about this process as well.
I can't say anything about that. The way you get there is different than me. I do think ( and this happens alot) that you might be trying to hard. AP initially is about relaxation while holding your awareness fixed. If you concentrate to hard you cannot relax, if you have anxiety, you cannot relax, if your distracted, to cold, to warm. Etc etc.  But I got a load of cool tips and things you can try once your out. I might sugest the way I do things but if it's been working I'd say don't change.

I will say will power might be the wrong word. More like singular focus. The way a ten year d might at a video game.

"I wish neither to possess, Nor to be possessed. I no longer covet paradise, more important, I no longer fear hell. The medicine for my suffering I had within me from the very beginning, but I did not take it. My ailment came from within myself, But I did not observe it until this moment. Now I see that I will never find the light.  Unless, like the candle, I am my own fuel, Consuming myself. "
Bruce Lee-

#4788    Lady Baroz

Lady Baroz

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 11:09 PM

View PostSeeker79, on 02 December 2011 - 10:53 PM, said:

I can't say anything about that. The way you get there is different than me. I do think ( and this happens alot) that you might be trying to hard. AP initially is about relaxation while holding your awareness fixed. If you concentrate to hard you cannot relax, if you have anxiety, you cannot relax, if your distracted, to cold, to warm. Etc etc.  But I got a load of cool tips and things you can try once your out. I might sugest the way I do things but if it's been working I'd say don't change.

I will say will power might be the wrong word. More like singular focus. The way a ten year d might at a video game.

I'm actually open to any techniques here since I can't find myself do it properly these days.
I want to try different things myself.
And maybe you're right, I may be trying too hard. I feel exhausted after 2 hours if I haven't succeed in it.

Videogames huh?
Now you made me turn the way I think 180 degrees.  
It may be easier than I thought after all ^^

Keeper of Light

#4789    bLu3 de 3n3rgy

bLu3 de 3n3rgy

sit vis vobiscum

• 11,987 posts

Posted 04 December 2011 - 02:32 AM

View PostPhantomhive Lady, on 02 December 2011 - 10:35 PM, said:

So, my question is simple (although I made such a huge reply). Can it be connected to the fact that I was trying to concentrate and I was hearing things?

Maybe, these white noise sounds are connected more to sleep paralysis states. Just what i find personally. But then again many projectors welcome SP states to AP from.

The Astral Projection Techniques Thread Here
*Golden rule, anything you extract, fill with light -- the universe doesn't like voids to be left.
Posted Image

#4790    White Crane Feather

White Crane Feather

Seeker79

• 12,938 posts

Dumbledore: " Of course it's in your mind....., but that dosn't mean it's not real."

Posted 04 December 2011 - 03:24 AM

View PostPhantomhive Lady, on 02 December 2011 - 11:09 PM, said:

I'm actually open to any techniques here since I can't find myself do it properly these days.
I want to try different things myself.
And maybe you're right, I may be trying too hard. I feel exhausted after 2 hours if I haven't succeed in it.

Videogames huh?
Now you made me turn the way I think 180 degrees.  
It may be easier than I thought after all ^^
The one at the beginning of this thread is good I have a tutorial on my blog a few pages back. Have at it.

"I wish neither to possess, Nor to be possessed. I no longer covet paradise, more important, I no longer fear hell. The medicine for my suffering I had within me from the very beginning, but I did not take it. My ailment came from within myself, But I did not observe it until this moment. Now I see that I will never find the light.  Unless, like the candle, I am my own fuel, Consuming myself. "
Bruce Lee-

#4791    Lady Baroz

Lady Baroz

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 04 December 2011 - 06:34 AM

View PostAnVil, on 04 December 2011 - 02:32 AM, said:

Maybe, these white noise sounds are connected more to sleep paralysis states. Just what i find personally. But then again many projectors welcome SP states to AP from.

my first ap happened because of sp xD  
Not good when you panic at almost everything.  
I used white noise again and the same thing happened.
But i can't get myself to the jolts and ap.

Keeper of Light

#4792    Lady Baroz

Lady Baroz

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 04 December 2011 - 07:15 AM

View PostSeeker79, on 04 December 2011 - 03:24 AM, said:

The one at the beginning of this thread is good I have a tutorial on my blog a few pages back. Have at it.

I like your tutorial. It's really simple and easy to learn.
I even have a question i never thought i could.
Whebever i vibrate, it happens on my stomach and chest.
Is it like, that these parts have unlocked chakrah?
Or is it that everyone's like that? It never happen to be a full body vibration. Except from that time i saw a man in my dream for 5" telling me that something is about to begin and i started vibrating and i was seriously shocked. Whenever i tried to sleep that night i had the the same dream and the same result.
To be honest i didn't sleep that night and had a very bad feeling. I finally got dome sleep in the car while driving to our cottage.

Keeper of Light

#4793    White Crane Feather

White Crane Feather

Seeker79

• 12,938 posts

Posted 04 December 2011 - 01:40 PM

View PostPhantomhive Lady, on 04 December 2011 - 07:15 AM, said:

I like your tutorial. It's really simple and easy to learn.
I even have a question i never thought i could.
Whebever i vibrate, it happens on my stomach and chest.
Is it like, that these parts have unlocked chakrah?
Or is it that everyone's like that? It never happen to be a full body vibration. Except from that time i saw a man in my dream for 5" telling me that something is about to begin and i started vibrating and i was seriously shocked. Whenever i tried to sleep that night i had the the same dream and the same result.
To be honest i didn't sleep that night and had a very bad feeling. I finally got dome sleep in the car while driving to our cottage.
I'm not sure. Every one seems to vibrate at different places especially at first. Some it starts I their face, some the legs. It used to start in my feet and move up my body. Learning AP will be tough on your sleep cycle until you are comfortable.  The bad feelings go away to. The fear of the unknown is a tough one to conquer. Evenchually you can free yourself from fear.

Bruce Lee-

#4794    Lady Baroz

Lady Baroz

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 04 December 2011 - 02:07 PM

View PostSeeker79, on 04 December 2011 - 01:40 PM, said:

I'm not sure. Every one seems to vibrate at different places especially at first. Some it starts I their face, some the legs. It used to start in my feet and move up my body. Learning AP will be tough on your sleep cycle until you are comfortable.  The bad feelings go away to. The fear of the unknown is a tough one to conquer. Evenchually you can free yourself from fear.

So it really is uncertain... I see ^^
Anyway,
I was wondering about something.
Sometimes while practicing for 2 hours, ( it feels like half an hour though) I drift to sleep without AP-ing.
(Before starting concentrating I use the first step of the sky's meditation.
It basically makes your body numb and heavy so I can feel even the slightest jolt and touch.)
Thing is, that I'm trying to relax and end up like that. When I do understand that I do it, I Just slowly remember the purpose I closed my eyes but still I get nothing.
Am I relaxing a bit too much? XD

True... It took me lots of reading in here to not fear what I'm going to see if I AP.
At first I was afraid of the possibility that there are ghosts in my house, the possibility of someone using my body while I'm out, what am I going to do if a mischievious spirit comes to me etc.
I'm so glad I read this forum, I got over many of my fears and stupid thoguhts.

Keeper of Light

#4795    welshice

welshice

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 01:46 PM

Hi guys :)

I've been trying to AP on and off for quite a few years, the closest I got to was the vibrations, but I wasn't able to actually perform an "exit method". I visualised it but nada.

I've tried again recently. I have no problem relaxing my body at all, but I have never been able to get very far into sleep paralysis. I get to the point where I can't feel my body at all, but I'm still able to move it. I'd wager it's a light form of it, but I can never get any deeper.

Any tips would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!!

#4796    White Crane Feather

White Crane Feather

Seeker79

• 12,938 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 05:03 PM

View Postwelshice, on 08 December 2011 - 01:46 PM, said:

Hi guys :)

I've been trying to AP on and off for quite a few years, the closest I got to was the vibrations, but I wasn't able to actually perform an "exit method". I visualised it but nada.

I've tried again recently. I have no problem relaxing my body at all, but I have never been able to get very far into sleep paralysis. I get to the point where I can't feel my body at all, but I'm still able to move it. I'd wager it's a light form of it, but I can never get any deeper.

Any tips would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!!
Well I would suggest working with other techniques. Experiment a little bit. Everyone is different and the formula is a little different for each person. If you can get back to vibrations don't visualize an exit. You might be a more kinesthetic person like me. I get out just like I would be doing it physically. Here this might be helpful.

http://www.scribd.co...cuments/4164970

Bruce Lee-

#4797    welshice

welshice

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 09:36 PM

View PostSeeker79, on 08 December 2011 - 05:03 PM, said:

Well I would suggest working with other techniques. Experiment a little bit. Everyone is different and the formula is a little different for each person. If you can get back to vibrations don't visualize an exit. You might be a more kinesthetic person like me. I get out just like I would be doing it physically. Here this might be helpful.

http://www.scribd.co...cuments/4164970

Thanks for the reply,
I'll try mixing it up, I'm not able to get back into the vibrations though, but that might be lack of intent on my part. What do you make of the light sleep paralysis?

I tried viewing the article, but it's no longer available sadly.

Thanks again!

#4798    Hosier

Hosier

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 09 December 2011 - 12:26 AM

Hey guys i have been trying to astral project but i just dont really know where to start! I am currently reading the book 90 day guide to mastering astral projection by Robert Bruce. Could someone possibly help me or give me more useful resources to use? Thanks

#4799    White Crane Feather

White Crane Feather

Seeker79

• 12,938 posts

Posted 09 December 2011 - 08:46 PM

On my blog... "a man awake"  there is tutorial. It might be useful. It's few pages back. There are also links to various sources of info.

Dive in..,. Then ask away.

Bruce Lee-

#4800    Hosier

Hosier

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 10 December 2011 - 12:07 AM

View PostSeeker79, on 09 December 2011 - 08:46 PM, said:

On my blog... "a man awake"  there is tutorial. It might be useful. It's few pages back. There are also links to various sources of info.

Dive in..,. Then ask away.

Do you think you could just paste a link here again? Thanks

Recent blog entries on this topic

Photo

By White Crane Feather in A man awake, on 16 February 2011 - 08:14 PM

Read Full Entry →

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users