Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * - 57 votes

Astral Travel & My technique

• Please log in to reply
5004 replies to this topic

#4936    The Exodia

The Exodia

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 120 posts

• Life goes on.

Posted 02 February 2013 - 03:15 PM

u can set your alarm in your mind and save it. so its easier for you to go directly back to your body.

#4937    SpiritWithin

SpiritWithin

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 04:54 PM

Hello fellow UM members/travellers!

I have a question regarding my first try at AP'ing.
I've been reading various materials/information about Astral Projecting and finally gone through last night.
bear with me because it's going to be quite a reading. :)
I tried AP'ing at 11+ pm, in my dad's room because it's very quiet in there, I tried like 2 or 3 times to no avail.
I was about to give it up last night, and I did, woke up at 5+am (again not sure, although I know I should've kept track of time).
I proceeded to watch a bit of tv, and felt bored and tired. proceeded to go to my own room to sleep again.
and the strangest thing happened, I swear to my own life and all that is good that it really happened!

so enough thriller, here is what I've experienced during my 5+am sleep.

I was kinda trying to astral project, but being that I was tired from my earlier try, I decided to just think about it and then just drift to sleep.
but I was shifting from a waking state and a sleeping/dreaming state, and the weirdest thing was, I had control of my dream, It was about
a zombie apocalypse and I can see myself trapped in my own room, and my awareness kicked in and I realized I was dreaming, and I
just thought about "a ladder, a ladder for my room!" and the ladder popped up, just like that! (I don't know why the hell I thought about a freaking ladder though)

then I thought "I am dreaming! I'm actually inside a friggin' dream!" and I quickly thought about AP'ing, and surely enough, I was back to my physical body, vibrating like crazy and
in some sort of a sleep paralysis and hearing these wind gushes through my ears (kind of like being in a desert, with an ongoing sandstorm, like wwuuuuwuuuuwwwuuuurrm!)
and the vibration got so intense that I panicked and tried to scream my lungs out, here's the kicker, my voice can't be heard!

I tried like crazy to scream, but nothing was working! I tried moving my arms, the sensation of moving my arms were there, as if I was moving my physical body, but I'm aware through the whole experience, the sound and the vibrations were all over my body! It was crazy! My heartbeat was off the charts! I felt pure FEAR as the vibrations engulfed my whole body, and then the "jolt" came, and baaam! I regained control of my body, then and there! It was very very surreal.

What do you guys think? Was it just sleep paralysis? A bad nightmare? Or actual AP?
Please respond! I would like to clear these questions off my head, and I'm planning to try AP'ing again.

#4938    White Crane Feather

White Crane Feather

Seeker79

• 12,618 posts

• Potter: " is this real or is this in my mind?"

Dumbledore: " Of course it's in your mind....., but that dosn't mean it's not real."

Posted 10 February 2013 - 06:57 PM

View PostSpiritWithin, on 10 February 2013 - 04:54 PM, said:

Hello fellow UM members/travellers!

I have a question regarding my first try at AP'ing.
I've been reading various materials/information about Astral Projecting and finally gone through last night.
bear with me because it's going to be quite a reading. :)
I tried AP'ing at 11+ pm, in my dad's room because it's very quiet in there, I tried like 2 or 3 times to no avail.
I was about to give it up last night, and I did, woke up at 5+am (again not sure, although I know I should've kept track of time).
I proceeded to watch a bit of tv, and felt bored and tired. proceeded to go to my own room to sleep again.
and the strangest thing happened, I swear to my own life and all that is good that it really happened!

so enough thriller, here is what I've experienced during my 5+am sleep.

I was kinda trying to astral project, but being that I was tired from my earlier try, I decided to just think about it and then just drift to sleep.
but I was shifting from a waking state and a sleeping/dreaming state, and the weirdest thing was, I had control of my dream, It was about
a zombie apocalypse and I can see myself trapped in my own room, and my awareness kicked in and I realized I was dreaming, and I
just thought about "a ladder, a ladder for my room!" and the ladder popped up, just like that! (I don't know why the hell I thought about a freaking ladder though)

then I thought "I am dreaming! I'm actually inside a friggin' dream!" and I quickly thought about AP'ing, and surely enough, I was back to my physical body, vibrating like crazy and
in some sort of a sleep paralysis and hearing these wind gushes through my ears (kind of like being in a desert, with an ongoing sandstorm, like wwuuuuwuuuuwwwuuuurrm!)
and the vibration got so intense that I panicked and tried to scream my lungs out, here's the kicker, my voice can't be heard!

I tried like crazy to scream, but nothing was working! I tried moving my arms, the sensation of moving my arms were there, as if I was moving my physical body, but I'm aware through the whole experience, the sound and the vibrations were all over my body! It was crazy! My heartbeat was off the charts! I felt pure FEAR as the vibrations engulfed my whole body, and then the "jolt" came, and baaam! I regained control of my body, then and there! It was very very surreal.

What do you guys think? Was it just sleep paralysis? A bad nightmare? Or actual AP?
Please respond! I would like to clear these questions off my head, and I'm planning to try AP'ing again.
You were there alright. Those sounds and sensations are text book. You just panicked. Also common I'm afraid.

"I wish neither to possess, Nor to be possessed. I no longer covet paradise, more important, I no longer fear hell. The medicine for my suffering I had within me from the very beginning, but I did not take it. My ailment came from within myself, But I did not observe it until this moment. Now I see that I will never find the light.  Unless, like the candle, I am my own fuel, Consuming myself. "
Bruce Lee-

#4939    SpiritWithin

SpiritWithin

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 08:30 AM

View PostSeeker79, on 10 February 2013 - 06:57 PM, said:

You were there alright. Those sounds and sensations are text book. You just panicked. Also common I'm afraid.

Many thanks for your reply, Seeker79!

I have another question if you wouldn't mind, fortunately, I have the ability to completely concentrate on something that I wanna do, in fact, I could easily reach the vibration stage and hear the "sandstorm" gush 15 to 20 minutes into trying.

But I panic and freak out so much that I "snap" or "jolt" back. I wanted to know how I could get my thing together and just go! I'm jealous of you guys that can travel and explore the astral plane. I'm desperate to wander around and experience the hidden world that is the astral. Especially the Akashic Records. :(

#4940    White Crane Feather

White Crane Feather

Seeker79

• 12,618 posts

Dumbledore: " Of course it's in your mind....., but that dosn't mean it's not real."

Posted 11 February 2013 - 05:40 PM

View PostSpiritWithin, on 11 February 2013 - 08:30 AM, said:

Many thanks for your reply, Seeker79!

I have another question if you wouldn't mind, fortunately, I have the ability to completely concentrate on something that I wanna do, in fact, I could easily reach the vibration stage and hear the "sandstorm" gush 15 to 20 minutes into trying.

But I panic and freak out so much that I "snap" or "jolt" back. I wanted to know how I could get my thing together and just go! I'm jealous of you guys that can travel and explore the astral plane. I'm desperate to wander around and experience the hidden world that is the astral. Especially the Akashic Records. :(

Your just going to have to learn to keep yourself calm and surrender  to the experience. When you are in vibration you should be makeing your exit. Try lifting one arm then lifting out of your body as if someone is helping you up.

"I wish neither to possess, Nor to be possessed. I no longer covet paradise, more important, I no longer fear hell. The medicine for my suffering I had within me from the very beginning, but I did not take it. My ailment came from within myself, But I did not observe it until this moment. Now I see that I will never find the light.  Unless, like the candle, I am my own fuel, Consuming myself. "
Bruce Lee-

#4941    CatfishSitoko

CatfishSitoko

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 1 posts

• HoNk HoNk :o)

Posted 24 February 2013 - 04:24 AM

I've been very curious about astral projection, and it explains a few things I've experienced in the past (loud beeping right before sleep, sleep paralyses)

It was only yesterday that I first heard about it and what it can do, and that's what's gotten me interested, so I looked up a few guides. One of them just said to relax everything and take deep breaths, suggesting the use of binaural beats to speed the process up. All my mp3 players are unavailable to me, so I just tried the breathing exercises while laying in bed. To clear my thoughts, I just counted the number of breaths I was taking, and for a while I thought it wasn't going to work, but kept at it until I heard a very loud beeping noise that sounded like something out of a video game and it woke me with a start. Is this connected to AP?

#4942    White Crane Feather

White Crane Feather

Seeker79

• 12,618 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 05:37 AM

View PostCatfishSitoko, on 24 February 2013 - 04:24 AM, said:

I've been very curious about astral projection, and it explains a few things I've experienced in the past (loud beeping right before sleep, sleep paralyses)

It was only yesterday that I first heard about it and what it can do, and that's what's gotten me interested, so I looked up a few guides. One of them just said to relax everything and take deep breaths, suggesting the use of binaural beats to speed the process up. All my mp3 players are unavailable to me, so I just tried the breathing exercises while laying in bed. To clear my thoughts, I just counted the number of breaths I was taking, and for a while I thought it wasn't going to work, but kept at it until I heard a very loud beeping noise that sounded like something out of a video game and it woke me with a start. Is this connected to AP?
I have not heard that sound myself... But I have heard of it. It's probably just above the place you want to be. The universal astral noises are a severe white noise like a jet engine or a buzzing, both of which are so powerful you will have no doubt.

Bruce Lee-

#4943    The_Purple_Astronaut

The_Purple_Astronaut

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 11:31 PM

I've been following this thread and I just learned about astral projection a few weeks ago. I started out by trying to learn how to lucid dream. I started writing down my dreams and doing reality checks through out the day. This hasn't worked so far and I haven't been able to be aware in my dreams. Today, I decided to take a quick nap after I got home and decided to use binaural beats. As I layed there, I started to feel my body getting numb, about 20 mins. in, I got the vibrations. This was amazing as I never felt this before. I could feel the vibrations strongly around my chest and hand areas. My heart started beating really fast then I got very excited and it stopped.

This really shocked me because this is the first I ever felt this. All this only took about 20 mins so I decided to try this again. I got the vibration feeling so this time, i tried to exit. After getting the vibrations, i started seeing flashes too (with my eyes closed of course), then I was trying physically to get up. It didn't work and I woke up. I definitely will keep practicing this, and hopefully I can actually project soon.

I have a quick question about sleep paralysis though. I've never experienced this and I was wondering when would you experience this when trying to astral project? Is sleep paralysis required when you project?

#4944    victoryvaibhav

victoryvaibhav

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 02:24 PM

finally finish reading 125 pages from a weak! :tu:
so is socrates here anymore?

i tried AP for several time.one night i tried to AP & felt a sleep.I dream jumping from high hill & flying , suddenly i get buzing & rushing sound from near my ear, I notice im in my bed.I feel puling out from my body. I so scared & tring to stop that weard thing, & i see my leg is binded by white fog or somthing (Im not sure im see it by my phisical eyes) so I get so much scared & call god for help & next sec. I wakeup in my bed.
is this good to see white fog in my leg?

Edited by victoryvaibhav, 07 March 2013 - 02:26 PM.

#4945    victoryvaibhav

victoryvaibhav

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 03:02 PM

I read full page & I realise Me, Spiritwithin & The_purple_astraonaut,  we three are in the same stage , same feeling & for 1st time feeling it ;-)

Edited by victoryvaibhav, 07 March 2013 - 03:04 PM.

#4946    White Crane Feather

White Crane Feather

Seeker79

• 12,618 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 03:18 PM

View Postvictoryvaibhav, on 07 March 2013 - 02:24 PM, said:

finally finish reading 125 pages from a weak! :tu:
so is socrates here anymore?

i tried AP for several time.one night i tried to AP & felt a sleep.I dream jumping from high hill & flying , suddenly i get buzing & rushing sound from near my ear, I notice im in my bed.I feel puling out from my body. I so scared & tring to stop that weard thing, & i see my leg is binded by white fog or somthing (Im not sure im see it by my phisical eyes) so I get so much scared & call god for help & next sec. I wakeup in my bed.
is this good to see white fog in my leg?
You are perceiving something. It takes a while to understand your own symbols.

Bruce Lee-

#4947    victoryvaibhav

victoryvaibhav

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 06:05 PM

So Im in the right track for APing or that was just a dream ?

Btw its late night here & im tring my luck to APing now.

#4948    White Crane Feather

White Crane Feather

Seeker79

• 12,618 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 06:56 PM

View Postvictoryvaibhav, on 07 March 2013 - 06:05 PM, said:

So Im in the right track for APing or that was just a dream ?

Btw its late night here & im tring my luck to APing now.
Yes... You gave got the stages of conciousness, but you are going to have to relax and give up the fear reaction.

Bruce Lee-

#4949    victoryvaibhav

victoryvaibhav

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 07:01 AM

well hello sephiroth976,
glad to see you here still in this forum.
I want to know about ur website coz its not working & what about ur flash game of AP
what about ur APing experience Im sure you get succeeded in it & tell us about ur experiencess(im sorry if you already wright about it.im still on page near 132... lol )

Can some one tell about Akashic record ?
its good if we see our past (may be future) to improve ourself.

#4950    The_Purple_Astronaut

The_Purple_Astronaut

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 10:13 PM

Well, i've had no luck at all lately. I just don't seem dedicated right now though. It's so easy to lose focus when you have other things to worry about, and your mind is just tired out from the day. I've kinda stopped meditating and doing chakra exercises too, so hopefully when spring break rolls around, i'll have more time to practice astral projection.

I really hope astral projection helps me figure out my path in life, because once I graduate from college, I really have no idea what i'll do in life. I want to know my past lives and my purpose here on earth. I don't want to astral project just for the fun of it, i'm doing this to find information, and grow spiritually. I really hope this will help me grow as a person because I definitely need this.

Recent blog entries on this topic

Photo

By White Crane Feather in A man awake, on 16 February 2011 - 08:14 PM

Read Full Entry →

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users