Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * - 57 votes

Astral Travel & My technique

• Please log in to reply
5004 replies to this topic

#61    Ziggy Stardust

Ziggy Stardust

Poltergeist

• 2,337 posts

Posted 31 January 2006 - 07:23 PM

I'm very interested in this. But I'm too afraid to try. I'm afraid I won't come back to my body. Also, how does your body stay alive while "you" are not in it? I'll be too worried about my physical body to even try. =/

There is nothing to be worried about. When you project, your consciousness leaves the body, but your brain does not. Your body continues to breath and function normally while you are gone.

The world needs more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.

#62    Yelekiah

Yelekiah

Calcinatio des Königs

• 10,541 posts

Posted 31 January 2006 - 07:35 PM

If such a thing is possible, it has never worked for me!

I suggest you keep trying thumbsup.gif

Posted Image

#63    Saint-Hak

Saint-Hak

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 16 posts

• When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will know peace.

Posted 31 January 2006 - 11:34 PM

hey Socrates,

After almost a week of attempting astro-projection, i think im getting somewhere. Im going to do your method only on weekends because if i astroproject on a schoolday ill only have 2 hours in the astral realm...lol. Well anyways ive been practicing on going into the trance at night and thats doing good. I once felt like that my head 'fell' out of my head and then my shoulders started to follow but then i jerked out of it. But the weirdest thing happened last night. i had my eyes mostly close but a little open so i could go into the 'trance' thing. But anyways, last night i was standing still and trying to not move a muscle at all and i was thinking about astral projecting and leaving my body while thinking about other things(i can more than one thing at once) and then suddenly everything i was thinking went blank and i wasnt thinking anything at all, but then i noticed my arms were heavy. I started thinking again, and soon my legs followed and started to go everywhere until every part of my body felt heavy. and then all of a suddenly i felt like i was laying down on my side sort of and it felt like i was higher than would be like i was floating a couple inches. i looked around the room and i thought to myself 'okay i think im in the trance, now just to astral project...' and then...
'oh crap how do i leave my body now?' (soz i forgot all about ur way of making urself think your somewhere else in the room) so then i tried to move my minds hands but then i started to feel stranger as if i were turning more in the air and then i finally moved and snapped out of the trance thing and then i went to sleep. does this mean im getting closer to being able to astral project? and is the 'heavy body floating lopsided' feeling normal? and can keep your physical eyes open when you try to astral project?

-Saint Hak

#64    Ziggy Stardust

Ziggy Stardust

Poltergeist

• 2,337 posts

Posted 01 February 2006 - 12:22 AM

Yelekiah, who is this 'roommate' of yours? Many people have tried what you are suggesting over the years - even centuries. Researchers have undergone tests using experienced projectors as subjects. It is commonly accepted that the concept of projecting 'into' another person/animal is an invalid myth, and is impossible. Which is a good thing. original.gif

#65    ShaunZero

ShaunZero

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,339 posts

Posted 01 February 2006 - 12:23 AM

Just curious, did you ever astral project? You don't seem like the type of guy to lie about this type of thing, so I'm asking you.

EDIT: Would music help? When I listen to techno I get really relaxed and more "Spiritual". Lol....

Edited by ZeroShadow, 01 February 2006 - 12:24 AM.

"What if there were no hypothetical questions?" ~ George Carlin
Are you a cynic?

#66    Ziggy Stardust

Ziggy Stardust

Poltergeist

• 2,337 posts

Posted 01 February 2006 - 12:25 AM

hey Socrates,

After almost a week of attempting astro-projection, i think im getting somewhere. Im going to do your method only on weekends because if i astroproject on a schoolday ill only have 2 hours in the astral realm...lol. Well anyways ive been practicing on going into the trance at night and thats doing good. I once felt like that my head 'fell' out of my head and then my shoulders started to follow but then i jerked out of it. But the weirdest thing happened last night. i had my eyes mostly close but a little open so i could go into the 'trance' thing. But anyways, last night i was standing still and trying to not move a muscle at all and i was thinking about astral projecting and leaving my body while thinking about other things(i can more than one thing at once) and then suddenly everything i was thinking went blank and i wasnt thinking anything at all, but then i noticed my arms were heavy. I started thinking again, and soon my legs followed and started to go everywhere until every part of my body felt heavy. and then all of a suddenly i felt like i was laying down on my side sort of and it felt like i was higher than would be like i was floating a couple inches. i looked around the room and i thought to myself 'okay i think im in the trance, now just to astral project...' and then...
'oh crap how do i leave my body now?' (soz i forgot all about ur way of making urself think your somewhere else in the room) so then i tried to move my minds hands but then i started to feel stranger as if i were turning more in the air and then i finally moved and snapped out of the trance thing and then i went to sleep. does this mean im getting closer to being able to astral project? and is the 'heavy body floating lopsided' feeling normal? and can keep your physical eyes open when you try to astral project?

-Saint Hak

Saint Hak, I'm proud of you! You are very close. Any day now, you will be fully out of your body. Well done. What you are doing at the moment seems to be working very well, so keep at it, and stay positive. I look forward to hearing your next experience.

#67    Yelekiah

Yelekiah

Calcinatio des Königs

• 10,541 posts

Posted 01 February 2006 - 12:38 AM

Yelekiah, who is this 'roommate' of yours?

Actually I got a message from someone earlier today, so it's not just my roommate who experiences this. All they can do is see through the eyes of cats. Not control them, etc. Weird coincidence. But he's a very spiritual person, more so than myself, so that's saying a lot. And he's been doing this for quite some time now.
But anyway I'm not claiming that he is the authority on astral projection. He might be. But you aren't either. <----- not being mean

Just curious, did you ever astral project? You don't seem like the type of guy to lie about this type of thing, so I'm asking you.
EDIT: Would music help? When I listen to techno I get really relaxed and more "Spiritual". Lol....

Only on accident. I used to get sleep paralysis at a young age.
As for music perhaps. People have used binial beats to help with OBEs.

Posted Image

#68    ShaunZero

ShaunZero

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,339 posts

Posted 01 February 2006 - 12:43 AM

So, does this help you believe that the consciousness is beyond the brain?

Must suck to know something like this, and not be able to argue about it, because you have no scientific evidene. =/

I get sleep paralysis ALOT... Well not so much anymore. Also, I use to feel like I was falling over, and I'd "snap" back, and was like "What the hell?". I hadn't budged at all.

Edited by ZeroShadow, 01 February 2006 - 12:44 AM.

Are you a cynic?

#69    Yelekiah

Yelekiah

Calcinatio des Königs

• 10,541 posts

Posted 01 February 2006 - 12:50 AM

So, does this help you believe that the consciousness is beyond the brain?

Oh I've always thought consciousness was beyond the brain. So yes in my opinion.

Must suck to know something like this, and not be able to argue about it, because you have no scientific evidene. =/

Definitely. There are some things I "know" in my heart are "true" (to me) but I can't prove it. Then again, I think it's all right.

Posted Image

#70    Spikester2488

Spikester2488

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 77 posts

• "They say when someone prays he's religious, but when someone hears God talking to him its Scizophrania"
    -Fox Mulder

Posted 01 February 2006 - 12:52 AM

Yesterday in the afternoon I think I had my first taste for astral projection and it felt kind of weird. I was taking my usual afternoon nap (2-3) hours when I woke up to use the restroom. It was getting dark outside and I was still tired but I remembered the tip of attempting astral projection while in a sleepy/trance-like state. I remember just thinking to myself "astral-projection" with my eyes closed on my bed lying down. Then I pictured myself on the opposite end of my room standing up acompanied by an imaginary magnetic force pulling me. All of a sudden I felt this weird vibrational numb pulsing feelinf throughout my body and I got freaked out and didnt go throught with it. It was a pretty interesting experience to say the least, yet kind of freaky. rolleyes.gif

#71    Yelekiah

Yelekiah

Calcinatio des Königs

• 10,541 posts

Posted 01 February 2006 - 12:52 AM

That was weird.

Edited by Yelekiah, 01 February 2006 - 12:53 AM.

Posted Image

#72    ShaunZero

ShaunZero

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,339 posts

Posted 01 February 2006 - 12:58 AM

Hmmm. Even if consiousness isn't bound by the brain, I wonder if it can survive after the body dies. In my opinion, conciousness is one of the most interesting things to discuss. I'll probably try atral projection. I know, given time, I can do it... if it's real of course. I just need to stop being so skeptical or I'll never do it =/.......

Edited by ZeroShadow, 01 February 2006 - 01:14 AM.

Are you a cynic?

#73    Yelekiah

Yelekiah

Calcinatio des Königs

• 10,541 posts

Posted 01 February 2006 - 01:06 AM

I think it definitely does survive after the body dies.
Again, no hard evidence on my part. But a lot of people document past lives and what not. I think a certain percentage has truth to it.

Posted Image

#74    ShaunZero

ShaunZero

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,339 posts

Posted 01 February 2006 - 01:14 AM

I think it definitely does survive after the body dies.
Again, no hard evidence on my part. But a lot of people document past lives and what not. I think a certain percentage has truth to it.

I agree with you there. There are tons of people who have had such experiences. And it would be extremely odd if 100% of these were fake or misunderstandings.

Are you a cynic?

#75    Ziggy Stardust

Ziggy Stardust

Poltergeist

• 2,337 posts

Posted 01 February 2006 - 01:31 AM

Yesterday in the afternoon I think I had my first taste for astral projection and it felt kind of weird. I was taking my usual afternoon nap (2-3) hours when I woke up to use the restroom. It was getting dark outside and I was still tired but I remembered the tip of attempting astral projection while in a sleepy/trance-like state. I remember just thinking to myself "astral-projection" with my eyes closed on my bed lying down. Then I pictured myself on the opposite end of my room standing up acompanied by an imaginary magnetic force pulling me. All of a sudden I felt this weird vibrational numb pulsing feelinf throughout my body and I got freaked out and didnt go throught with it. It was a pretty interesting experience to say the least, yet kind of freaky. rolleyes.gif

Hey there, the numb, vibrational feeling was a sign you were about to leave your body. Well done.

Recent blog entries on this topic

Photo

By White Crane Feather in A man awake, on 16 February 2011 - 08:14 PM

Read Full Entry →

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users