Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

-Witching Hour (3:00 AM)-

• Please log in to reply
75 replies to this topic

#1    Jambe

Jambe

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 39 posts

Posted 30 January 2006 - 08:15 PM

Has anyone had any experiences with this Witching Hour. It's supposed to be the opposite of when Jesus died. He died at 3:00 PM.  thumbsup.gif

#2    NME_locus

NME_locus

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,786 posts

• "My job as a skeptic is not to deny the paranormal, but to flush out the fakes so that we focus on the claims worthy of being authentic."

Posted 30 January 2006 - 08:36 PM

Has anyone had any experiences with this Witching Hour. It's supposed to be the opposite of when Jesus died. He died at 3:00 PM.  thumbsup.gif

Odd, there is no record that Jesus died at 3pm. And why is the witching hour 3am? And how is that precise depending on time zone, as 3am and 3pm occur at the same time.

Also, since the is no record of when Jesus died, the Witching Hour is a lost cause. That's like pissing into the wind, it's pointless.

Edited by NME_locus, 30 January 2006 - 08:44 PM.

#3    Shiggity Shiggity Shwa 2

Shiggity Shiggity Shwa 2

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 166 posts

• Close your eyes and surrender to your darkest dreams. Purge your thoughts of the life you knew before. Close your eyes, let your spirit start to soar!

Posted 30 January 2006 - 08:37 PM

sometimes i wake up exactly at 3:00....but i dont think that thats an experience

#4    gothikchile13

gothikchile13

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 489 posts

• I will take vengeance upon mine enemies, and I will repay those who haze me. Oh, Lord, raise me to Thy right hand and count me among Thy saints.

Posted 30 January 2006 - 08:46 PM

I heard something about that. The "Devil's Hour" is supposedly 3:00am and "God's Hour" is supposedly 3:00pm. I don't know if I believe it. I mean, I'm in work at 3:00pm and I can't wait to get out and chances are, I'm having a crappy day...is that God? I don't think so...

As a heads up, this is probably going to turn into an 11:11 (3:33) thread.

--Jon

Edited by gothikchile13, 30 January 2006 - 08:46 PM.

Check out my band:

The Voodoo Brothers

We have 5 songs up!

#5    NME_locus

NME_locus

Psychic Spy

• 1,786 posts

• "My job as a skeptic is not to deny the paranormal, but to flush out the fakes so that we focus on the claims worthy of being authentic."

Posted 30 January 2006 - 08:49 PM

Also, that gives witchcraft a bad reputation and misleading. I am all Catholic though I do know a few witches they have a different point of view, and much of the stuff is concentrated towards nature.

#6    Azalin

Azalin

Psychic Spy

• 1,508 posts

• " If there were no God, there would be no atheists "

Posted 30 January 2006 - 08:53 PM

Odd, there is no record that Jesus died at 3pm. And why is the witching hour 3am? And how is that precise depending on time zone, as 3am and 3pm occur at the same time.

Also, since the is no record of when Jesus died, the Witching Hour is a lost cause. That's like pissing into the wind, it's pointless.

According to the bible jesus died at 3 PM.

Mark 15:24-25 " And they crucified Him and distributed His outer garments by casting the lot over them as to who takes what. It was now the third hour, and they crucified Him."

It also depends on what bible you read, the direct translation, without confusion dictates it a bit differently.

"Jesus is crucified at the third hour. Darkness occurs over the whole land from the sixth hour till the ninth. Jesus dies at the ninth hour (Mark 15:25-38)."

And Matthew

"Jesus is crucified. Darkness occurred over all the land from the sixth hour until the ninth. Jesus died at the ninth hour (Matt. 27:32-53)

It has roughly the same meaning, he was nailed to the cross at  the 3rd hour, which is 9 AM Jewish time. He endured 6 hours on the cross, and died by the 9th hour, 3PM.

There was already a big dis-cussion on this that can be found here , Origins of 3 AM

Posted Image
"The worst moment for the athieist is when he feels thankful and has no one to thank."
"Fiat  Lux"

#7    gothikchile13

gothikchile13

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 489 posts

• I will take vengeance upon mine enemies, and I will repay those who haze me. Oh, Lord, raise me to Thy right hand and count me among Thy saints.

Posted 30 January 2006 - 08:55 PM

Mark 15:24-25 " And they crucified Him and distributed His outer garments by casting the lot over them as to who takes what. It was now the third hour, and they crucified Him."

It also depends on what bible you read, the direct translation, without confusion dictates it a bit differently.

"Jesus is crucified at the third hour. Darkness occurs over the whole land from the sixth hour till the ninth. Jesus dies at the ninth hour (Mark 15:25-38)."

And Matthew

"Jesus is crucified. Darkness occurred over all the land from the sixth hour until the ninth. Jesus died at the ninth hour (Matt. 27:32-53)

It has roughly the same meaning, he was nailed to the cross at  the 3rd hour, which is 9 AM Jewish time. He endured 6 hours on the cross, and died by the 9th hour, 3PM.
There was already a big dis-cussion on this that can be found here , Origins of 3 AM

Owned.

--Jon

Check out my band:

The Voodoo Brothers

We have 5 songs up!

#8    NME_locus

NME_locus

Psychic Spy

• 1,786 posts

Posted 30 January 2006 - 09:10 PM

And Matthew

Owned.

--Jon

Okay, I'm confused....There are a total of four occurrances regarding when Jesus oficially died. One that contridicts is it appears John indicates Pilate was through trying Jesus by the 6th hour Roman time, or 6 AM, or sunrise.

CONTRADICTIONS IN DETAILS OF EVENTS - NEW TESTAMENT.......

Time of crucifixion:  Mark 15:25 says 3rd hour; John 19:14-15
     says the sixth.

The two thieves reproach Jesus, say Matt 27:44 and Mark 15:32.
     Only one reproaches him, says Luke 23:39-43, and the other
     is promised to be with Jesus in paradise.  Matt and Mark
     don't mention the promise to the thief.

Jesus is offered vinegar to drink, say Matt 27:48, Luke 23:36,
     and John 19:29.  It was wine and myrrh, says Mark 15:23.

Those present at crucifixion:  Matt 27:55, Mark 15:40-41, Luke
     23:49, John 19:25-26 all differ.

Jesus' last words:  Matt 27:50, Mark 15:37, Luke 23:46, John
     19:30 are all different.

Earthquakes at Jesus' death.  Matt mentions two: one when Jesus
     dies (27:51) and one which rolls the stone from the tomb
     (28:2).  No other gospels or records mention these
     earthquakes.

Edited by NME_locus, 30 January 2006 - 09:23 PM.

#9    gothikchile13

gothikchile13

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 489 posts

Posted 30 January 2006 - 09:16 PM

CONTRADICTIONS IN DETAILS OF EVENTS - NEW TESTAMENT

Time of crucifixion:  Mark 15:25 says 3rd hour; John 19:14-15
     says the sixth.
The two thieves reproach Jesus, say Matt 27:44 and Mark 15:32.
     Only one reproaches him, says Luke 23:39-43, and the other
     is promised to be with Jesus in paradise.  Matt and Mark
     don't mention the promise to the thief.
Jesus is offered vinegar to drink, say Matt 27:48, Luke 23:36,
     and John 19:29.  It was wine and myrrh, says Mark 15:23.
Those present at crucifixion:  Matt 27:55, Mark 15:40-41, Luke
     23:49, John 19:25-26 all differ.
Jesus' last words:  Matt 27:50, Mark 15:37, Luke 23:46, John
     19:30 are all different.
Earthquakes at Jesus' death.  Matt mentions two: one when Jesus
     dies (27:51) and one which rolls the stone from the tomb
     (28:2).  No other gospels or records mention these
     earthquakes.

You had to quote me...wink2.gif

--Jon

Check out my band:

The Voodoo Brothers

We have 5 songs up!

#10    Jambe

Jambe

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 39 posts

Posted 30 January 2006 - 09:21 PM

Too many variables, I got pwned sad.gif

I just heard this from another thread a while back.

#11    NME_locus

NME_locus

Psychic Spy

• 1,786 posts

Posted 30 January 2006 - 09:25 PM

You had to quote me...wink2.gif

--Jon

Haha... all in fun brotha, nothing personal.  thumbsup.gif Anyhoo, how does this all tie into Witches vs God. Shouldn't it be Devil vs God?

Edited by NME_locus, 30 January 2006 - 09:28 PM.

#12    gothikchile13

gothikchile13

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 489 posts

Posted 30 January 2006 - 09:25 PM

Too many variables, I got pwned sad.gif

I just heard this from another thread a while back.

I took that test in your sig. I got the same as you. That test scares me... Somewhere between the "be pushed into a vat of battery acid OR eat 50 pounds of pig fat" I was kind of thrown off...

original.gif

Haha... all in fun brotha, nothing personal.  thumbsup.gif

I know, I know, it's cool! thumbsup.gif

--Jon

Edited by gothikchile13, 30 January 2006 - 09:26 PM.

Check out my band:

The Voodoo Brothers

We have 5 songs up!

#13    Jambe

Jambe

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 39 posts

Posted 30 January 2006 - 09:36 PM

I chose the battery acid, I'd rather die than eat even a piece of pure fat.

#14    NME_locus

NME_locus

Psychic Spy

• 1,786 posts

Posted 30 January 2006 - 09:45 PM

I took that test in your sig. I got the same as you. That test scares me... Somewhere between the "be pushed into a vat of battery acid OR eat 50 pounds of pig fat" I was kind of thrown off...

original.gif
I know, I know, it's cool! thumbsup.gif

--Jon

Mine is precise and correct on the dot, and explains me perfectly.

Your doom is corruption!
You live in a black hole and love to have others pulled into it. No victory is satisfying unless your defeated opponent is curled in a fetal ball, sobbing and crying. The idea of public service is intriguing to you -- it has potential.

The last part is scary because what I previously did for a living, it was extremely corrupt, and the things I once did could have easily put me in prison 20 years-life. Luckily, I only served 1.6 years.

#15    Azalin

Azalin

Psychic Spy

• 1,508 posts

• " If there were no God, there would be no atheists "

Posted 31 January 2006 - 12:08 AM

Okay, I'm confused....There are a total of four occurrances regarding when Jesus oficially died. One that contridicts is it appears John indicates Pilate was through trying Jesus by the 6th hour Roman time, or 6 AM, or sunrise.

Im going to have to look into it. I believe it means thats when Pilate finally just decided to crucify Jesus, and that was when the judgement was passed. Sorry, it's been a long day, heh.

Posted Image
"The worst moment for the athieist is when he feels thankful and has no one to thank."
"Fiat  Lux"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users