Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Phobos and Deimos Vanish!

Wooff

Some bizarre $h!t is going on in this world and I think i've stumbled over a pretty decent chunk here. In the link i will provide, there are photos of the last pics taken by 2 satellites nicknamed Phobos 1 and 2, they took some pics before their disappearance as well. There is a cigar shaped shadow on mars taken by one of the satellites before it vanished and a pic taken of the actual object which is thought to be a cigar shaped UFO near phobos moon. It is verrrry strange ...how can 2 moons disappear along with the satellites sent to probe mars ...and the last shots sent back to earth reveal that object there. Hmmm... have we seen too much? :alien:

heres the link, tell me whatcha think:

http://www.ufos-aliens.co.uk/cosmicmars.htm

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Rykster

• Lilly

• MID

• battleangel

Top Posters In This Topic

Some bizarre $h!t is going on in this world and I think i've stumbled over a pretty decent chunk here. In the link i will provide, there are photos of the last pics taken by 2 satellites nicknamed Phobos 1 and 2, they took some pics before their disappearance as well. There is a cigar shaped shadow on mars taken by one of the satellites before it vanished and a pic taken of the actual object which is thought to be a cigar shaped UFO near phobos moon. It is verrrry strange ...how can 2 moons disappear along with the satellites sent to probe mars ...and the last shots sent back to earth reveal that object there. Hmmm... have we seen too much? :alien:

heres the link, tell me whatcha think:

http://www.ufos-aliens.co.uk/cosmicmars.htm

Nice find, that is some very interesting and compelling material!

Missing Martian Moons? What's next...Swiped Saturn's Rings? Or perhaps, Stolen Jupiter's Spot?

Many, many people are amateur astronomers. If the moons of Mars were to just "up and disappear" nobody could "hide" this knowledge. This is just plain silly.

Missing Martian Moons? What's next...Swiped Saturn's Rings? Or perhaps, Stolen Jupiter's Spot?

Many, many people are amateur astronomers. If the moons of Mars were to just "up and disappear" nobody could "hide" this knowledge. This is just plain silly.

out of the mouths of babes

what are you 5 ?

you havent heard of it so it cant be true ?

it wasnt reported by Brokaw so it cant be true ?

there isnt a NASA PHD listed so it cant be true ?

typical

hey lily, i had a tuna sandwich for lunch........but you didnt see me eat it so i guess i didnt

next time i will hold a mainstream media press conference

what are you 5 ?

My, but you are a rude young man, aren't you.

typical

1) I own my own telescope, just upgraded in fact.

2) Our local Jr High School has it's own Planetarium...very good telescope there. And guess what ? I've seen the moons of Mars transit this past fall.

I suppose that was just some elaborate "NASA/Evil Government conspiracy" to make it appear that Mars still has moons?

Edited by Lilly

I find it interesting that the last information the site quotes is 5 years old...

If anyone here has a 10 or 12 inch telescope, they can look and see if Phobos and Deimos are still there. If course actually looking for the moons is a radical step to take huh?

Lilly did it...

Edited by Rykster

....If anyone here has a 10 or 12 inch telescope, they can look and see if Phobos and Deimos are still there. If course actually looking for the moons is a radical step to take huh?

Lilly did it...

Yeah, and I'm only 5 years old! What a prodigy, huh?

what are you 5 ?

typical

hey lily, i had a tuna sandwich for lunch........but you didnt see me eat it so i guess i didnt

And just how old are you?

There is such a thing as being open to possibilities. You seem to be very into that.

It's a healthy attitude...unless of course it is taken too far and rational analysis of common scientific principal is neglected in favor of lunacy.

The moons of Mars have been the subject of much silliness over the past decade or so. Mars seems to attract nuttiness.

A few years back, Phobos and Diemos were supposed to have disappeared from orbit around Mars, and appeared in low Earth orbit. There were even photos published by some lunatic clearly showing one of them visible through the atmosphere of earth in broad daylight over someplace on the Western European coast! It was bigger than the Moon as observed from the Earth...which of course would've been an impossibility since the tiny Martian Moon would've had to have been inside the Earths atmosphere to have been so large (and of course would've been causing a very bad day for millions upon millions of folks)!

I suppose you would ask, "Why is it impossible? Just because some NASA scientist didn't say it?"

It's impossible because it is. The science is far too complex to delineate in a post.

The fact is, ameteur astronomers, with some really professional gear, are constantly observing Mars, as are professionals utilizing on-orbit camerae and things like the HST. The moons of Mars are observed all the time, have gone no where, and...

They can't go anywhere, short of some cataclysmic event that everyone on this planet would know about in short order. I don't think you understand the scale of such a proposition.

Let's try not to take our open-mindedness too far beyond the realm of possibility, and especially to the extent of getting rude with Lilly...whose name incidentally is spelled with two Ls.

Obviously, nobody bothered to check the links I posted, lol. Both contain images of either Phobos and/or Deimos from the last two years...

Knew I should've put some text with them, lol.

Quite appropriate that the moons in question are named "Fear" and "Panic" don'y ya think?

Look it up

Obviously, nobody bothered to check the links I posted, lol. Both contain images of either Phobos and/or Deimos from the last two years...

Knew I should've put some text with them, lol.

I looked at them. Then again, I wasn't too surprized by the images!

I looked at them. Then again, I wasn't too surprized by the images!

i looked also; i expected them to be there. :unsure:

Obviously, nobody bothered to check the links I posted...

I can't seem to find your links. I looked. Maybe I am just tired.

what about the cigar shaped object they photographed? did they make that up too?

The pictures do look authentic/un-altered taken from the satellite(s), its that Cigar shape thing that Im most interested about... What the hell could it be.. there has been numerous images of the so called 'cigar shaped ufo' on these boards but this one really strikes me.

what are you 5 ?

typical

I hate to burst your bubble dork: Mars still has two moons..........................

However scientist shad predicted in the next 200yrs Phobos and Deminos will fall out of orbit and onto Mars ( i am serious i saw this on the Dicsovery Channel )

However scientist shad predicted in the next 200yrs Phobos and Deminos will fall out of orbit and onto Mars ( i am serious i saw this on the Dicsovery Channel )

Yes, I did too. But it has not happened yet.

yeah but it will

I agree with alot of what you said but

There is such a thing as being open to possibilities. You seem to be very into that.

It's a healthy attitude...unless of course it is taken too far and rational analysis of common scientific principal is neglected in favor of lunacy.

If something is not accepted by science, but is by a person, that person has not done anything stupid or wrong in anyway. Science is a job, and the only reason science can't accept anything unless it is VERY VERY proven is because they release information to the public and do not want to be caught wrong. Alot of people, such as my self, do not set the standards as high as mainstream science, but that in no way means that what we accept is wrong. I don't accept anything without reasonable evidence, but I don't need to to be 100% accepted by a scientists to accept it as the truth.

yeah but it will

If P&D fall out of the sky (I haven't verified the time line) it would be a wholly natural occurance. Simply a matter of orbital mechanics. Not aliens. Perhaps the dust storms raise the atmosphere and increase drag on the moons thus degrading their orbit. This happens all the time here at Earth when solar flares/storms heat the upper atmosphere and increase drag on satellites.

Edited by Rykster

Very interesting stuff.

We don't really need to add ETs to the mix, when discussing the disappearance of the moonlets. It's been well-documented that they had unstable orbits, and the recorded 'acceleration' of Phobos in it's orbit could easily be the downward psiral into Mars itself.

What needs to be done, to resolve this mystery, is getting the dates right on the reports and photos. I hadn't heard of the disappearance before now. I only knew about the decaying orits.

And cigar-shaped figures and shadows........Well, they're hard to explain away. No natural phenomena I know of could make recurring appearances of thesethings possible. They've been seen for years around Mars. And a few around Jupiter, too.

Edited by BigDaddy_GFS

I hate to burst your bubble dork: Mars still has two moons..........................

Have to admit this post made me laugh :w00t: