Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

"Floating Black Boxes"

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#1    Nancy

Nancy

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,106 posts

Posted 06 September 2003 - 06:34 PM

I would appreciate any feedback if any of you have experienced what I am about to describe.

Shortly after my Mother died, I began having unusual "sightings" of.. how do I describe them... "Floating Black Boxes"... sometimes Rectangular, but most of the time Square. I'd guess the size is about 10" X 12" solid and coal black.

My Mom and I were really 'connected' while she was alive and I've "heard" from her several times since she passed in 1992. The last incident was several years ago.

However, about 2 months after her death, I had her ashes scattered near Diamond Head, Hawaii, I started seeing something zoommmmm by the corner of my eye. It always happens in daylight.... due to the fact they are black, could explain why I've never seen them at night, yet I don't "feel" any presence at night either.

There is total silence, no feeling of "cold air" ...... in fact, no feeling of moving air at all, which really puzzles me, since these objects travel very quickly, at eye level.

It started as one black box and on occasion, there are two of them, side by side.
They "poof" as quickly as they arrive and usually go behind my back.

Before anyone asks, yes.... I've had my eyes checked...  rolleyes.gif No "floaters" or unusual abnormalities in either eye......... just the same ole green eyes.

Although I don't feel any 'air' stirring, I do feel a 'presence'... peace and calm, not anxious. I don't see them coming in my direction, they just appear out of nowhere and disappear the same way. This has been going on since early 1993.

Other than calling the Men in White Coats, can anyone give me a clue? Thank you!
original.gif

dying is easy ... tis the living that's hard...

#2    Aslan

Aslan

Psychic Spy

• 1,523 posts

• Scariest Member of the Six Worst Men of the Apfelschnaps

Posted 06 September 2003 - 08:52 PM

I find this quite interesting, actually, Nancy. I've 'seen' things myself, and although they were demonstrably hallucinations that I was experiencing with no objective reality to speak of, I find this kind of experience intriguing.

The first thing that strikes me is the peculiarity of what you see - something so inorganic and incongruous as a black box, and yet that brings a feeling of peace. The time it started leads anybody to the fairly sensible conclusion that it is in some way connected to your mother's death, but it begs the question of the form of the manifestation. Why a black box? Perhaps this is just one of those inexplicable things...you see boxes (I work with a woman who sees cats all over the place, she's quite phlegmatic about it)- and you have mentally attached a feeling of serenity to them. For a (slightly facetious) defence of this argument, once, in my teenage years, I decided that trees actually radiate well-being, and I found that I could actually feel this sense of well-being by touching the tree. In time it extended itself to all wood, be it furniture or whatever. When I got a little older, and forgot all about it, I no longer experienced this same sensation - I still don't, and never will again, I suspect. My point is that regardless of anybody's opinions on trees, I 'constructed' a feeling attached to an object, and the feeling was most definitely real, subjectively real at any rate. The fact that I constructed this feeling myself is demonstrated by the fact that once I stopped believing in it - or forgot to believe in it - the 'magic' stopped working.

Sorry. I'm rambling incoherently. The point of this post was to ask a simple question...

Is it actually a box? I mean, does it appear in 3 dimensions, or is it flat?

Sorry to prattle on. I get the bit between my teeth and that's it.

#3    Nancy

Nancy

Psychic Spy

• 1,106 posts

Posted 07 September 2003 - 02:16 AM

Sorry. I'm rambling incoherently. The point of this post was to ask a simple question...

Is it actually a box? I mean, does it appear in 3 dimensions, or is it flat?

Sorry to prattle on. I get the bit between my teeth and that's it.

Aslan, to me? You were not rambling or prattling... honest! I appreciate your input.

Yes, it/they is/are 3 dimensional, not flat.  To me, it is a box.

At first? It was a bit mind bending, not peaceful or serene. It wasn't until the third or fourth go 'round that a feeling of "calm" began.  Originally? I honestly thought I had vision problems, so I didn't really feel comfortable, trying to discern "what" was going on.

One more thing? I transported my Mom's Cremains across the Country. The funeral home placed them in a container and that container was sealed inside............ Yep, you got it....... a black box. The size of the box holding the Cremains was much smaller than the one(s) that began buzzing my head.

I kept the box in my home while I made arrangements to have the box shipped to Hawaii....... It was shortly thereafter that "this" started.

Thanks for your time........

#4    Bizarro

Bizarro

Psychic Spy

• Closed
  • 1,914 posts

Posted 07 September 2003 - 02:34 AM

well, i think its a floater.  i have a circular shaped one in one of my eyes.  it is also black.  next time you see it, note which eye its in and keep a record.  floaters are usually only noticeable in bright light.  sometimes, mine seem to come and go depending on what i eat.  

most eye doctors will not be able to detect a floater unless you specifically ask them to find it.  they use a device to see them- at least my doctor was able to locate mine when i pressed him to find it.

if there was a meteor,
adrift amongst space,
set about on a collision course
not with Earth, but my face...
i wonder if id even know,
at what time i might,
be passed off like an old style
and by the meteor be smite?

- me, 1997

#5    Nancy

Nancy

Psychic Spy

• 1,106 posts

Posted 07 September 2003 - 03:05 AM

Bizarro..... Thanks for your input, but I have had this checked several times.
I am also diabetic, so vision problems are common. However, the diabetes is relatively new, the "black box" has been around since 1993.

This "whateveritis" approaches me..... From either the right OR the left....
zooms past at eye level and then goes behind my back and then it's "poof"...... Definitely not a floater.

#6    Exeter

Exeter

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 841 posts

• He's always on my mind

Posted 07 September 2003 - 04:06 AM

Nancy, I'm going to put my skepticism on pause for a moment and tell you something from my childhood.

My grandmother - who in my mind was the kindest, most beautiful soul to walk this earth - once told me that when you experience something similar to what you described means that the departed is trying to contact you for some reason. It's not in any way a haunting. And it does depend on the "feeling" you get when you see something like this. If you feel a sense of calm or comforting, the dear departed is trying to reassure you because he/she knows you need this. The same goes for feelings of dread or sadness; then your loved one's soul is trying to alert you to possible harm.

I learned so many beautiful things from my grandparents concerning the spirit world. It's a shame I've become so jaded.  

UFOs = weather balloons of the Gods.

#7    Nancy

Nancy

Psychic Spy

• 1,106 posts

Posted 07 September 2003 - 06:56 AM

Thank you Exerter  original.gif    Sharing information is one of the best reasons for this Forum and your willingness to open up, helps me to think this through.

What you said is how I've felt about this all along. Tis just puzzling that a nudge from the Other Side would be a 'black box." I'd prefer a tap on the shoulder  w00t.gif

Favor? Keep remembering your Grandmother, perhaps she is tapping you on the shoulder to unload that 'jaded' feeling  wub.gif  

#8    Aslan

Aslan

Psychic Spy

• 1,523 posts

• Scariest Member of the Six Worst Men of the Apfelschnaps

Posted 07 September 2003 - 05:40 PM

Thanks for the answer Nancy. The reason I'm curious is because something in 3 dimensions - something with physical form in other words - would seem to rule out floaters. Having said this, I don't know much about floaters but I always assumed that they were just blotches or colours or shapes at the periphery of vision - they don't actually assume the form of a particular 'object'. I will gratefully accept instruction in this matter if I'm wrong.

#9    Nancy

Nancy

Psychic Spy

• 1,106 posts

Posted 07 September 2003 - 07:15 PM

Aslan........ Here ya go, maybe this will help. I really appreciate your input! wub.gif

http://www.allaboutvision.com/conditions/s...spotsfloats.htm
Eye Floaters and Spots Symptoms and Signs
If a spot or shadowy shape passes in front of your field of vision or to the side, you are seeing a floater. Because they are inside your eye, they move with your eyes when you try to see them. You may also see flashes of light. These flashes occur more often in older people as the vitreous humor thickens and tugs on the light-sensitive retina. They may be a warning sign of a detached retina. Flashes also occur after a blow to the head, often called "seeing stars."

Eye floaters and spots are usually harmless, but flashes of light may indicate a problem. If you're suddenly seeing spots, floaters or flashes, get an eye exam to make sure nothing's wrong.

Some people experience flashes of light that appear as jagged lines or "heat waves" in both eyes, often lasting 10-20 minutes. These types of flashes are usually caused by a spasm of blood vessels in the brain, which is called a migraine. If a headache follows the flashes, it is called a migraine headache. However, jagged lines or "heat waves" can occur without a headache. In this case, the light flashes are called an ophthalmic migraine, or a migraine without a headache.

#10    The Krow

The Krow

Psychic Spy

• 1,275 posts

• Sunspots in the House of the Late Scapegoat

Posted 07 September 2003 - 07:37 PM

wow...my grandma died last august and everytime i go into her extension of the house i get this strange feeling...like she is watching me...i get really scared alot...i'm afraid to go into my basement for fear of being posessed...and i fear going downstairs to the kitchen in the middle of the night...for fear of Spiders (arachnaphobic here)...well...i never saw any black boxes or anything...i think it is just her saying she's ok...but i feel guilty because i am also a necrophobic and i decided not to go to the funeral...very sad...

I have morals, they're just subject to revision as the situation dictates.

Myspace...

This Is The Cancer From My Cellular Phone
That Emits Radiation Which Destroys My Brain
This Is The Cancer From My Television Screen
Which Reports The Danger While It Does The Same
So Can We Free Ourselves, From The Threat Of Death

Posted Image

#11    wndycurry

wndycurry

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 07 September 2003 - 08:24 PM

I've never seen any floating boxes, but I have witnessed an unusual ball of white light fly in my mother's house.

I guess you might call it ball lightning or an orb.

#12    Kismit

Kismit

Telekinetic

• 7,680 posts

Posted 08 September 2003 - 12:42 AM

Nancy , I believe  that you are subconsciously associating the spirit with the cremains box and that you are allready aware of this . I may be wrong but my spidey senses tell me that the size of your Mother's cremains  box was a little upsetting for you when you first had to deal with it and I think somewhere in that  is where you will find the answer to why you see the sprits as boxes .
I believe you when you say you have comunicated with your Mom since her death and I think it is a wonderful thing , but I think we should try to  rule out a subconcious reaction to stress .
I hope I'm not coming across as overly skeptical but the brain is capable of creating hallucinatory images while under stress , perhaps the other things that were happening around you at the time where influencing you and your experience . Having said that I'm the girl that claims she was attacked by a shadow who am I to judge ... original.gif

#13    Nancy

Nancy

Psychic Spy

• 1,106 posts

Posted 08 September 2003 - 01:55 AM

Kismit...... You are allowed to be skeptical, that's fine with me.   original.gif

I've hesitated in bringing this up, due to that very reason, and to associate what I've "seen" with the cremains box makes perfectly good sense. However, my gut tells me it is more than that, thus my request for input from Members here.

While your theory may be totally accurate and perhaps I am in denial about all this, I still contend that there is more to this, than my blonde brain and emotions playing tricks on me. Deep down, the size of that container never has bothered me.
The same scenerio was true with my Dad and my wishes are to be cremated as well, although I hope Mel Gibson doesn't mind me sitting on his mantel  wub.gif

All of this is speculation, of that there is no doubt. I am convinced that this unusual experience that is ongoing has nothing to do with my vision.

Your input is deeply appreciated, thank you.  thumbsup.gif  

#14    Celestial_Blu

Celestial_Blu

Alien Embryo

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 25 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 05:55 AM

I realize this post is extremely old & I have since tried to contact Nancy (the original poster), but it sadly seems like she may have passed away since this post....does anyone know if that's correct?

Anyhow, I am very interested in Nancy's original post as two days ago I saw exctly what Nancy discribed - which is how I found this site - I googled floating black box & found Nancy's post. I was completely amazed that someone else had seen the exact same thing!!

Other floating black box sightings are reported but they all seem to be large & in the sky, where-as what I saw was eye level & coal black...very dense....about 12" by 4" retangle...that appeared to be from a parallel dimension....it had a distinct not of this world feel. The colour & the way it moved horizontally in a straight line, had also an unusual not of this world feel to it.

I know seeing a floating black box is a 'not of this world' experience...but what I'm trying to explain is that when I have seen ufo's they feel like they are in our environment....this black box felt like like it was lifting a veil (so to speak) to enter our dimension & it brought with it it's own distinct 'feeling'. Hard to but into words....

I would REALLY appreciate hearing from anyone else who has had any similar experiences with 'shapes' entering our dimension.

#15    Brian Topp

Brian Topp

Dynamic Interactions Coordinator Of Paradoxes.

• 3,086 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 12:22 AM

Sounds like a good campfire story.

It is easier to claim it is paranormal than taking the hard route to find out what really happened.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users