Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Nasrallah tells Bush and Rice to 'shut up'

• Please log in to reply
55 replies to this topic

#16    Talon

Talon

UM Chess Tournament Champion 2005

• 15,003 posts

• Life, Death, Anime inbetween

Posted 09 February 2006 - 06:29 PM

Talon: Can I ask what religion you affiliate yourself with, if any?

If you are a Christian, how would you feel about a cartoon of Jesus engaged in some form of child abuse? Should this be allowed in the name of free speech?

Of course I'm not a Christain, I think that comes accross quite clearly in most of the threads were religion is mentioned. Religion is how cavepeople with no knowledge of science made sense of the world around them, and its mind bogling its still around today when we have ways of finding out the truth of where we came from.

As for Jesus, I saw Life of Brian and Father Ted, and other shows which took the piss out of him, know what? I didn't riot over them.

Also, if you'd read the news, you'd know none of the 9  pictures showed him as a child molester, that picture and 2 others were drawn by Islamic militants to stir up hatred of the west.

Edited by Talon, 10 February 2006 - 02:18 PM.

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something." -Plato

#17    RedEyeJedi

RedEyeJedi

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,227 posts

• My Father was raised a Christian, my Mother was raised a Muslim - I was raised a Free Thinker and they're both wrong!

Posted 09 February 2006 - 07:01 PM

Of course I'm not a Christain, I think that comes accross quite clearly in most of the threads were religion is mentioned. Religion is how cavepeople with no knowledge of science made sense of the world around them, and its mind bogling its still around today when we have ways of finding out the truth of where we came from.

As for Jesus, I saw Life of Brian and Father Ted, and other shows shich took the piss out of him, no what? I didn't riot over them.

Also, if you'd read the news, you'd know none of the 9  pictures showed him as a child molester, that picture and 2 others were drawn by Islamic militants to stir up hatred of the west.

I agree with you about organised religion. Its a load of BS. I haven't read many of your other posts so sorry if I missed that. So no I am not suprised you didn't riot. But that is the point - the huge majority of Muslims are appalled at the behaviour of the rioters too.

Also, I didn't actually know that there were any depicting him as a child molester.

I was actually equating the depiction of a religious figure as a terrorist - therefore branding the religion as a terrorist religion to depicting Jesus as a kiddy fiddler, which there have been numerous cases of involving christian priests etc. Its a similar comparison I thought. Tarring a religion with one brush due to the actions of a few.

OK. Another quick question: Does anyone think the cartoons were not created and published to offend Muslims?

Edited by RedEyeJedi, 09 February 2006 - 07:05 PM.

When you have cut down the last tree and poisoned the last river, you will know that you cannot eat money

God save us from religion!!

It's time to open your eyes and get off your knees

#18    Talon

Talon

• 15,003 posts

Posted 09 February 2006 - 07:16 PM

But that is the point - the huge majority of Muslims are appalled at the behaviour of the rioters too.

Yes, and the media has been reminding us of this every second it can (so much for the nWo trying to convince they are all evil), but as its been said a thousand times already, that doesn't excuse the tens of thousand who are rioting.

I was actually equating the depiction of a religious figure as a terrorist - therefore branding the religion as a terrorist religion to depicting Jesus as a kiddy fiddler, which there have been numerous cases of involving christian priests etc. Its a similar comparison I thought. Tarring a religion with one brush due to the actions of a few.

You forget that the people who blow themselves up, they do beleive Muhammed would have been proud of them. The same as the 'heaven's run out of virgins' joke, was reference to the terrorists saying they'll get 60 virgins when they die. This is actually what the fanatics beleive. Nowhere did the cartoons say this was what all muslims beleived, but it is an acturate presentation of what the terrorists believe.

And see if someone wants to draw a picture of Jesus 'as a kiddy fiddler', I'd honestly wouldn't care so long as children didn't see it because peodophila in Catholic churches is an acurate political issue of today, the same as Islamic terrorism is.

Do you know how many insulting sterotypical pictures of Scots I've seen in my 23 years? Hundreds. Yet are much as I might mumble 'bloody racist scum' and click to a new link or turn the page of the book, I've never caused anywhere near this much fuss.

OK. Another quick question: Does anyone think the cartoons were not created and published to offend Muslims?

They were drawn as political satire. I've seen millions of pictures much worse than this about other groups and never seen this reaction. Do you know how many times I've seen negative depictions of Karl Marx, but I've never gone and burned down the US embassy to get back at the capitalists for printing it.

Edited by Talon, 09 February 2006 - 07:30 PM.

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something." -Plato

#19    Birmingham

Birmingham

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 574 posts

Posted 10 February 2006 - 03:54 AM

To me it looks like Mr. Bush's statement was mild compared to what it could have been on the subject.    As far as Ms. Rice's comments - she is compleatly correct.  Both Iran and Syria are long-time police states.  Where a mouse will not eat a piece of cheese with out checking with the local police station first.

I wonder how long it will be before some of these Imans start demanding control over the Internet.  Afterall, the Internet has to be a nightmare to dictatorial societies.  A place where people can say what they want to - it has to be stopped!  Will that be the next demand to come out after the demand to curb European free press.

#20    RamboIII

RamboIII

Killer Without Reason

• Banned
  • 2,124 posts

Posted 10 February 2006 - 03:57 AM

i hate muslim extremists groups, how dare they accuse us of hatred and violence? the irony of them doing so is sickening.

#21    Unlimited

Unlimited

Truthseeker

• Banned
  • 7,597 posts

• Give me liberty or give me death.....

Posted 10 February 2006 - 04:20 AM

hezbollahs such a nice organization. angry.gif ..700,000 wow they know how to party.  blink.gif these muslims need to get over themselves.. lets throw out free speech in their case.

God Bless America..

"one man with courage,makes a majority"..tj

#22    Stellar

Stellar

Forum Divinity

• 14,903 posts

• The objective of war is not to die for your country. It's to make the other son of a b**** die for his!
    -Patton

Posted 10 February 2006 - 04:45 AM

If you are a Christian, how would you feel about a cartoon of Jesus engaged in some form of child abuse? Should this be allowed in the name of free speech?

How about we ask you. Should free speech be eliminated in order to not offend anyone?

"I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed opponent."

----Seraphina

#23    AdNauseamSuiGeneris

AdNauseamSuiGeneris

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 505 posts

• A man's character is his fate.

Posted 10 February 2006 - 04:47 AM

But that is the point - the huge majority of Muslims are appalled at the behaviour of the rioters too.

Where? Where are these Muslims that are appalled by this?

If God is willing to prevent evil, but is not able to
Then He is not omnipotent.
If He is able, but not willing
Then He is malevolent.
If He is both able and willing
Then whence cometh evil?
If He is neither able nor willing
Then why call Him God?
-Epicurus

#24    joc

joc

Adminstrator of Cosmic Blues

• 14,420 posts

• They're wearing steel that's bright and true
    They carry news that must get through
    They choose the path where no-one goes

Posted 10 February 2006 - 05:16 AM

I second the question!  I have heard it said countless times that the Majority of Muslims do not hold the extremist viewpoint.  Is this The Silent Majority?  I find it interesting that millions of Muslims are not reaching out to condemn the extremists if they are so out of line with them.  Certainly Christians caused an uproar when the Abortion Bombers made their play a number of years ago.

If there is outrage...where is it?

I want a show of hands!  

I remember a few years ago when an upside down crucifix inside a bottle of urine was considered 'art'.  Also a painting of Mother Mary with Elephant dung thrown on it was considered 'art'.  Where was the pillaging in the streets by the Christians over that?  Nowhere.

The real truth of all of this nonsense has been on display however in the new media.  The 'old' media won't report the truth but it finds it's way anyhow.
It turns out that these cartoons are old and that they were drummed up by a powerful Muslim for the purpose of creating the outrage that we see in the news.

Posted Image
once i believed that starlight could guide me home
now i know that light is old and stars are cold

ReverbNation

#25    Stellar

Stellar

Forum Divinity

• 14,903 posts

• The objective of war is not to die for your country. It's to make the other son of a b**** die for his!
    -Patton

Posted 10 February 2006 - 12:42 PM

Same place that non-muslims are.

"I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed opponent."

----Seraphina

#26    thebarman

thebarman

• 2,589 posts

• Avatar: A visual manifestation of your digital personality within a virtual world.

Posted 10 February 2006 - 01:12 PM

It doesn't matter if they were, that's the whole point of freedom of speech. Having the right to say what you want without fear of reprisal because someone else disagrees.

Denmark is a free country, and should not be forced to pertain to Islamic law, nor apologise for breaking it, and the same goes for the rest of us.

Edited by thebarman, 10 February 2006 - 01:13 PM.

Posted Image
Click the signature to get your own animated avatar
Are you artistic? Like designing? Come and join the Avatar Workshop!

#27    joc

joc

Adminstrator of Cosmic Blues

• 14,420 posts

• They're wearing steel that's bright and true
    They carry news that must get through
    They choose the path where no-one goes

Posted 10 February 2006 - 02:17 PM

What I mean Stellar is, Who and Where are the Voices of the so-called Muslim Majority speaking out against the extremists?

Posted Image
once i believed that starlight could guide me home
now i know that light is old and stars are cold

ReverbNation

#28    thebarman

thebarman

• 2,589 posts

• Avatar: A visual manifestation of your digital personality within a virtual world.

Posted 10 February 2006 - 03:19 PM

What I mean Stellar is, Who and Where are the Voices of the so-called Muslim Majority speaking out against the extremists?

To be fair, there have been a few, but not that many. Governments are now trying to tempt more Muslim leaders to denounce the riots in an attempt to stop the violence.

Although every religion has its fundamentalists, there seem to be more of them in the Muslim community. A recent survey put the number of Muslims who think suicide bombing in London is justified at 9%, and that's just British Muslims. 9% is a large minority.

Posted Image
Click the signature to get your own animated avatar
Are you artistic? Like designing? Come and join the Avatar Workshop!

#29    RedEyeJedi

RedEyeJedi

Psychic Spy

• 1,227 posts

• My Father was raised a Christian, my Mother was raised a Muslim - I was raised a Free Thinker and they're both wrong!

Posted 10 February 2006 - 03:43 PM

OMG!!! What a crazy bunch of folk you all are!! LOL. Just kidding. What a bunch of crazy opinions you have.

Just goes to show we are in worse state than I could have thought. Brainwashing 101.

What on Earth do you mean - 'where are the Muslims appalled at this?' I notice you guys that asked this are American - do you watch Fox News by any chance? So you are telling me you think all Muslims are ranting, raving looneys? Do you know any Muslim people? Do your noses tickle? With all that wool you've got pulled over your eyes? This is the second time today I am using the phrase 'Hook, line and sinker'.

Ask yourself this: what was the general feeling of Westerners towards Muslims before Sept. 11th? Relatively inconspicuous and low key indifference, I would have thought. Now that Bush and his Neo-con (pg .51) cronies and allies want to go to war with various middle-eastern countries - the propaganda machine has not stopped rolling and relations between west and middle-east could not be worse. Who does any of this benefit? The only mega-super-duper-power in the world today, and their defense contracting companies, oil companies, (nation) rebuilding companies etc... Don't tell me it's not related - if that's what you think, then there's nothing that can be done for you. Anyone read 1984? Eric Blair (George Orwell) worked within the British Government - he didn't dream up the idea of a perpetual war with an intangible enemy (an religious idealogy in this case), he wrote it with foresight and insight into things to come.

The Editor responsible for publishing the cartoons has ties to Neo-Con Zionists who support a war with Iran. (No, Zionism isn't an anti-semitic term as it does not refer to all Jewish people, so it is therefore not a slur on Jews).

The decision to attack Iran has already been made - as was the decision to attack Iraq even before 9/11. The only way to get the public behind another war, especially after being exposed as having lied to get us into Iraq, is to create more anti-Muslim sentiment. An indication of this is that I watched BBC News 24 yesterday and there was not 1 mention of this whole issue. The last story on it was that Devil-In-A-Blue-Dress' admonition of Syria and Iran. The 2 same countries we know are next on the hit-list. Once that link's been established - job done.

Everyone bangs on about Anti-Christian rhetoric and artwork. The difference is they are created not by Muslims intent on inflammation, but instead ex-Christians who have come to their senses.

Rational people everywhere should be very worried, if your opinions are indicative of the wider population.

Edited by RedEyeJedi, 10 February 2006 - 03:53 PM.

When you have cut down the last tree and poisoned the last river, you will know that you cannot eat money

God save us from religion!!

It's time to open your eyes and get off your knees

#30    Talon

Talon

• 15,003 posts

Posted 10 February 2006 - 03:58 PM

A recent survey put the number of Muslims who think suicide bombing in London is justified at 9%, and that's just British Muslims. 9% is a large minority.

Thats 100,000 people in the Uk alone, which is terrifying.

So you are telling me you think all Muslims are ranting, raving looneys?

Nobody has come close to saying anything like that.

Everyone bangs on about Anti-Christian rhetoric and artwork.

Do you even read what people are saying before you post this dribble, from what I've seen the vast majority of people here have repeatedly stated they couldn't care less about anti-Christian artwork.

Just goes to show we are in worse state than I could have thought. Brainwashing 101.

You do realise YOU are the only one here that believes the nWo is manipulating all this. If anyone is likely to be brainwashed or misguides ITS YOU.

You're paranoid and delusional, and have done nothing for the last few days but insult you're fellow posters by constantly claiming their legitimate concerns over extremists is a sign of Islamophobia and proof of some great conspiracy you saw Mulder explain in last weeks X-Files.

Edited by Talon, 10 February 2006 - 04:00 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users