Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Exorcisms

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

#1    newbloodmoon

newbloodmoon

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,857 posts

• "Only through absolute loyalty to each other can the few control the many." - Peter J. Carroll

Posted 10 February 2006 - 04:32 PM

I work the graveyard shift and so I have been and advid Coast to Coast listener for about 10 years now.  I don't agree with a lot of the guests that come on but I am entertained by the wide variety of topics discussed.

Aliens, Bigfoot, Abductions, Secret Groups bent on dominating the world are just a few of the many topics.  

Last night the show concentrated on Excorsisims and they played a clip of a 16 yr old russian girl getting a demon out of her by her priest.  It sounded convincing to me, what do other people think.

Link here to hear audio

A newcomer asked to be shown the way to the monastery, and Chao-chou replied:  "Have you finished eating your rice?... Then go wash your bowl!"  Therupon the monk gained instant enlightenment.

#2    BurnSide

BurnSide

Through the Looking Glass

• 25,390 posts

• “Experience is not what happens to you. It is what you do with what happens to you.”

Posted 10 February 2006 - 05:30 PM

hehe what's an ex-cor-sisim?

Exorcism. thumbsup.gif I've edited your topic title.

#3    newbloodmoon

newbloodmoon

Psychic Spy

• 1,857 posts

• "Only through absolute loyalty to each other can the few control the many." - Peter J. Carroll

Posted 11 February 2006 - 01:21 AM

Heh Thanks.  I had just gotten home from work and hadn't gone to bed yet so brain was on the down low.

A newcomer asked to be shown the way to the monastery, and Chao-chou replied:  "Have you finished eating your rice?... Then go wash your bowl!"  Therupon the monk gained instant enlightenment.

#4    Bella-Angelique

Bella-Angelique

Caprica Six Cylon

• 7,174 posts

• There is more to learn

Posted 11 February 2006 - 01:29 AM

I think that they are extemely dangerous for everyone involved.
Too many people are killed by nut jobs doing them who have no business doing the things they are doing, and too many other people get themselves hurt messing with things they do not comprehend can be a deadly threat to them.

Posted Image

#5    newbloodmoon

newbloodmoon

Psychic Spy

• 1,857 posts

Posted 11 February 2006 - 04:09 PM

I have participated in assisting a few excorcisms and they can be very dangerous to all involved yes.  Not only on a spiritual level but a physiology and psycological level as well.

#6    IronGhost

IronGhost

Government Agent

• 3,430 posts

• "DON'T TAZE ME, BRO!"

Posted 11 February 2006 - 07:03 PM

I don't think there is a bit of reality to demon possession or exorcism.

I once worked as a orderly in a psych ward, and worked with many people who were seriously and dangerously insane.  They could scream and twist their bodies in the most amazing ways.  There were some who were also highly intelligent. Many of them could speak several languages.  Just because you're crazy doesn't mean your stupid.

But, anyway, i think serious mental illness is what is being mistaken for demon possession.

I will say this, however.  Sometimes exorcism works like hypnotism or the power of suggestion -- if the person "believes" he or she has had a demon cast out, they may stop all their problems -- they heal themselves with their own minds and beliefs.

www.ironghost.wordpress.com

www.ironghost.wordpress.com

#7    TheEssenceofExcellence

TheEssenceofExcellence

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 430 posts

• May the Lord bless you, your house, and all your endeavors.

Posted 12 February 2006 - 03:12 AM

demon possessions are real.  It's not some mental problem when people have been fine for 16 or 20 years and all of a sudden they start speaking in tongues and saying they're satan......contrary to popular belief, people don't just wake up one morning with mental problems; let alone mental problems that doctors can't diagnose properly.

Although I think a lot of Christian Churches don't really understand it like they should and go over board with it by claiming everyone in their congregation is possessed just because they have sin ful thoughts every now and then.

Ignatius to the Magnesians: "It is therefore fitting, that we should not only be called Christians, but be so.

#8    newbloodmoon

newbloodmoon

Psychic Spy

• 1,857 posts

Posted 12 February 2006 - 05:21 PM

With my experience in assisting local clergy from various dominations, they for the most part attempt to rule out any possible mental diagnosis before performing their particular ritual.

#9    Ebony

Ebony

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 185 posts

Posted 12 February 2006 - 06:42 PM

Well, as someone who was actually exorcised...I'd have to say I really don't like them. They are dangerous and they are extremely frightening. I am completely against them, most especially when performed by a group of 20 on a girl of 10. Needless to say, I'm not too fond of cultists either. I know that church is a valid denomination, but they were acting like a cult, so that's what I'm going to call them.

So in my opinion, they are unnecessary and traumatizing. Then again, I'm a little biased on the subject.

#10    ShaunZero

ShaunZero

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,339 posts

Posted 12 February 2006 - 06:52 PM

If the power of suggestion is so powerful, then I can say that people who are really posessed, become mentaly ill because skeptics keep telling them that's what it is.

"What if there were no hypothetical questions?" ~ George Carlin
Are you a cynic?

#11    ShaunZero

ShaunZero

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,339 posts

Posted 12 February 2006 - 06:53 PM

demon possessions are real.  It's not some mental problem when people have been fine for 16 or 20 years and all of a sudden they start speaking in tongues and saying they're satan......contrary to popular belief, people don't just wake up one morning with mental problems; let alone mental problems that doctors can't diagnose properly.

Although I think a lot of Christian Churches don't really understand it like they should and go over board with it by claiming everyone in their congregation is possessed just because they have sin ful thoughts every now and then.

Exactly. Great post.

Are you a cynic?

#12    Sherapy

Sherapy

Sheri loves Sean loves Sheri...

• 21,735 posts

• "Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar" (Freud )

Posted 13 February 2006 - 05:03 AM

Zero and EofE once in a while along comes a kid who has been pounded with evil this, satan that, your worthless this, and beleives it literally  , this idea that people just suddenly become possessed out of the clear blue sky is absurd people become their beleifs thats just what you don't understand , so it becomes possession to you, I think therefore i am.......Fear constructs are just that meant to keep one in a state of fear, Namaste Sheri

#13    ShaunZero

ShaunZero

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,339 posts

Posted 13 February 2006 - 05:35 AM

Sherri it's time to put an end to this. You tell me over and over the bible tells people they are worthless. Either come up with some scriptures and verses, or drop it. [Not being rude, just letting my skeptic side out].

this idea that people just suddenly become possessed out of the clear blue sky is absurd people become their beleifs thats just what you don't understand , so it becomes possession to you

Actualy, that's how possessions work. What's more absurd is that suddenly out of the clear blue sky someone gets a full blown mental problem. Not gradual, but INSTANT FULL BLOWN mental issues.

Are you a cynic?

#14    TheEssenceofExcellence

TheEssenceofExcellence

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 430 posts

• May the Lord bless you, your house, and all your endeavors.

Posted 13 February 2006 - 06:00 AM

Zero and EofE once in a while along comes a kid who has been pounded with evil this, satan that, your worthless this, and beleives it literally  , this idea that people just suddenly become possessed out of the clear blue sky is absurd people become their beleifs thats just what you don't understand , so it becomes possession to you, I think therefore i am.......Fear constructs are just that meant to keep one in a state of fear, Namaste Sheri

How do you explain the possessed people (oh excuse me, *cough* mentally ill people *cough*) that suddenly have this stuff happen to them and prior to that they weren't depressed, they weren't abused, they weren't told they were worthless and in fact have a great life: loving family, girl or boy friend, good job or career, strong religious belief (or sometimes no religious belief in this sort of thing), and have, or live in, a household that makes enough money to live very comfortably?  Do they suddenly wake up one day beaten down by all of their blessings and think they're the devil too???

Ignatius to the Magnesians: "It is therefore fitting, that we should not only be called Christians, but be so.

#15    Sherapy

Sherapy

Sheri loves Sean loves Sheri...

• 21,735 posts

• "Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar" (Freud )

Posted 13 February 2006 - 06:24 AM

How do you explain the possessed people (oh excuse me, *cough* mentally ill people *cough*) that suddenly have this stuff happen to them and prior to that they weren't depressed, they weren't abused, they weren't told they were worthless and in fact have a great life: loving family, girl or boy friend, good job or career, strong religious belief (or sometimes no religious belief in this sort of thing), and have, or live in, a household that makes enough money to live very comfortably?  Do they suddenly wake up one day beaten down by all of their blessings and think they're the devil too???

I know this subject very well i have had a few whom are very close to me who have suffered with mental illness and i have talked with them in depth, my mother happens to be one. You want to beleive in possessions i would ask why, mental illness  doesn't just happen its a process over time. have either of you looked into this subject or you getting your facts from church??

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users