Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Wiccan beliefs on the end of times.

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1    bloodfire777

bloodfire777

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 34 posts

Posted 11 February 2006 - 06:20 PM

I was just wondering what the beliefs of the end of times were from a Wiccan religious perspective. Do Wiccans not beleive in an armageddon? If Wiccan members of this site could give me some feedback it would be greatly aprreciated. Thanks for your time.

Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

#2    IronGhost

IronGhost

Government Agent

• 3,430 posts

• "DON'T TAZE ME, BRO!"

Posted 11 February 2006 - 06:43 PM

I am not a Wiccan, but I know many of them, and when I was a newspaper reporter, I did some stories about them.  Also, one of my best friends is a Wiccan High Priestess.

I don't think the Wiccans believe in Armaggedon.  They may have an end-time concept, but I don't think so.  A big part of their beief system is the constant renewal of "all that is."  To them "onging Change" is a big thing.  They celebrate the changes in seasons, for example, which is highly significant to them.

I think they see time and the world as an endless, eternal flow.

Any true Wiccans out there have a comment?  Did I get this right?

www.ironghost.wordpress.com

www.ironghost.wordpress.com

#3    bloodfire777

bloodfire777

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 34 posts

Posted 11 February 2006 - 08:35 PM

Thanks for the reply. I considered myself a Wiccan for quite some time and yes they do believe life is basically an eternally flowing circle of life. But I was just wondering if anyone out there had heard of a Wiccan End of times concept, i have looked for a long time on any Wiccans who believe in it with out any success. Thanks again.

Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

#4    Rasani

Rasani

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 18 posts

• "and all for the want of a horse shoe nail"

Posted 11 February 2006 - 08:42 PM

well this is interesting  geek.gif i go to a catholic school and thier concept is really askew , no offense , but i know many cultures have a end of the world out look , and if thios is one thing that doesnt i find that quite........... awesome , i mean why does the world have to end disgust.gif   i mean at one point it should , but it doesnt have to  innocent.gif this i really quite kewl i have a whole new respect for wiccans tongue.gif

Posted Image

#5    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

Sarcastic Muppet..!

• 51,193 posts

• "I hate pretentious people. I mean, what is the point in applying exorbitantly extensive vocabulary, it is just straightforwardly unnecessary".

Posted 11 February 2006 - 10:56 PM

For those that  think wiccan is evil and it's all witchcraft spells ect.......you need to read up on what wicca really is.you will find there is a loving spiritual nature to it all....it''s worth reading up on

Posted ImageRAW Berris... Dare you enter?

If there's a heaven...I hope to hell I get there !

#6    Byuu94

Byuu94

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,441 posts

Posted 13 February 2006 - 05:51 PM

No.
There are different "Wiccas", so I can't account for them all but generally there is no "end of time". I think the earth will end eventually, but everything continues. There is no total and absolute END.

Posted Image

"I think that people should make up their own minds for me." - Eric Idle

#7    Bella-Angelique

Bella-Angelique

Caprica Six Cylon

• 7,174 posts

• There is more to learn

Posted 13 February 2006 - 06:21 PM

Norse pantheonic wiccans believe this.

Norse religion believes that the world is not eternal. It was created from the body of the primordial giant Ymir and sits in between extremities of hot and cold. And as the world had a beginning, it will so have an end. The day of the final battle of Ragnarok will come and the forces of good will march out one last time against the forces of evil. The imperfect world will be destroyed so a new, perfect world will arise.

Posted Image

#8    Kismit

Kismit

Telekinetic

• 7,680 posts

Posted 13 February 2006 - 09:15 PM

That's very interesting Bella. Any idea how old that particular belief is?

After years  of looking into Pagan based faith and belief. I would have to agree on a general level they do not believe in an end of days. If the Earth is gone the spirit will still remain. The Spirit world and the living are the same things just different sides of the coin. There is also no judgement, except your own and Karmic reprecussions so there is no need for a Judgement day or a day of reckoning.

They also on the whole don't have one singular all powerful God. They believe in many spirits with usually a lead Male and Female spirit. These spirits are neither Good or Evil they just are, they do there job they are important and occasionally you can get a little help from the right one when you need it.

With a collection of Gods it is much harder to have one make any magor decisions that will effect everything. Far safer and more practicle, it's the democratic religion. yes.gif

#9    Sherapy

Sherapy

Sheri loves Sean loves Sheri...

• 21,714 posts

• The giving of love is an education in itself.
    ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Posted 13 February 2006 - 11:46 PM

i don't know much on this philosophy except from reading on here and having a dear friend that is pagan but i will say from what i have seen on this site from the people here such as Kismet , Darkwind, silver cougar these are amazing people who live a life that is an inspiration to all and to me..  if i was ever to do religons this is one of the ones i would choose.but for now i enjoy learning about it.    grin2.gif

#10    newbloodmoon

newbloodmoon

Psychic Spy

• 1,857 posts

• "Only through absolute loyalty to each other can the few control the many." - Peter J. Carroll

Posted 14 February 2006 - 03:22 AM

From what I have read about, and talked with Wiccans of different  systems of belief I have yet to see an end all of all end alls in their belief system.  It's more of a cyclical thing.  In other words your car doesn't stop just because your wheels have made one complete turn.  Or if they wear out from use you just get new tires.  (over simplified I know sorry)

A newcomer asked to be shown the way to the monastery, and Chao-chou replied:  "Have you finished eating your rice?... Then go wash your bowl!"  Therupon the monk gained instant enlightenment.

#11    Chiron_the_Horse

Chiron_the_Horse

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 74 posts

• Yes,those of us like me exist..beyond the realm of possibility.But nevertheless, true.

Posted 21 February 2006 - 06:26 PM

well this is interesting  geek.gif i go to a catholic school and thier concept is really askew , no offense , but i know many cultures have a end of the world out look , and if thios is one thing that doesnt i find that quite........... awesome , i mean why does the world have to end disgust.gif   i mean at one point it should , but it doesnt have to  innocent.gif this i really quite kewl i have a whole new respect for wiccans tongue.gif

We do not practice witchcraft. My wife and I are heavily into this and I am a priest of sorts and she is a healer. It has been my way of life for many years.

I am in your heart,mind,body,soul,and in the stars...FOREVER...

7th son of a 7th son of a 7th son...

And if you don't believe that...I can't make you...it's your choice..

#12    scoobysnack

scoobysnack

Psychic Spy

• Banned
  • 1,355 posts

• Ancient Craft Masonry motto: Ordo ab Chao (Order out of Chaos)

Posted 21 February 2006 - 07:21 PM

I grew up Catholic but do not consider myself Catholic today.  I'm alarmed at what you said you were taught in school.  The world does not end.  The world as we know it will end, but life will continue for many more centuries.  If you stictly follow the bible, you know after the rise of the antichirst followed by second coming of Christ is followed by 1,000 years of heaven on earth.  The world will not end, but America's super power status will come to an end likely in the next 25 years, no later then the end of this century.  Why?  It's part of the agenda for creating a world government to be ruled by a world governing body of elites.

Even the Mayan, and Hopi indian prophecy say it's not the end, simply the end of the old world and start of the new world.

Edited by scoobysnack, 21 February 2006 - 07:22 PM.

He who molds opinion is greater than he who enacts laws.
--President Abraham Lincoln

“There is nothing new in the world except the history you do not know.”
-- Harry Truman

#13    Sherapy

Sherapy

• 21,714 posts

~Eleanor Roosevelt

Posted 21 February 2006 - 08:47 PM

edit: doesn't fit the flow of converstaion....

Edited by Sheri berri, 21 February 2006 - 10:08 PM.

#14    Sherapy

Sherapy

• 21,714 posts

~Eleanor Roosevelt

Posted 21 February 2006 - 08:49 PM

That's very interesting Bella. Any idea how old that particular belief is?

After years  of looking into Pagan based faith and belief. I would have to agree on a general level they do not believe in an end of days. If the Earth is gone the spirit will still remain. The Spirit world and the living are the same things just different sides of the coin. There is also no judgement, except your own and Karmic reprecussions so there is no need for a Judgement day or a day of reckoning.

They also on the whole don't have one singular all powerful God. They believe in many spirits with usually a lead Male and Female spirit. These spirits are neither Good or Evil they just are, they do there job they are important and occasionally you can get a little help from the right one when you need it.

With a collection of Gods it is much harder to have one make any magor decisions that will effect everything. Far safer and more practicle, it's the democratic religion. yes.gif

One word kismet owned this!!! applause  bounce.gif  namsate sheri

#15    SilverRain Queen

SilverRain Queen

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 461 posts

• Fear does not exist... it must be created...stop creating it!

Posted 21 February 2006 - 09:35 PM

In the Wiccan belief, there is no End-time concepts.  Life is an eternal flow ring and everything goes back to the beginning eventually.  Belief in the Goddess, (mother earth spirit) that she is in control of everything.  Nature will take it's course to purge anything that becomes detrimental to the preservation of the life cycle.  So if there is an 'end-time' so to speak, it's the earth purging this interference (man) off the planet.

Be ready for the Paradigm Shift at the Quantum Level....

SilverRain Queen
Empathic Diviner

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users