Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Feel a ghost? Perhaps it's infrasound

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#16    whitewitch173

whitewitch173

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 13 posts

• It is better to have loved and lost
    than never to have loved at all
    -Alfred Lord Tennyson

Posted 09 September 2003 - 08:38 AM

nup. don't belive that crap. as if sound waves could have even half the effect on us that ghosts do. it's stupid. wacko.gif  

#17    Kismit

Kismit

Telekinetic

• 7,680 posts

Posted 09 September 2003 - 09:08 AM

Perhaps it's not the sound waves affecting Us but the soundwaves affecting the spirits Whitewitch , like an amplifier of sorts . If this was the case then the results would still be the same or similar . We cant really go around denying the results of the experiment carried out in the originally posted story . The results are what may be termed facts and facts tend to be  really rare in paranormal terms . We need to use this information and see if it can fit another alternate solution .
All the original experiment really proved is that infrasound affects people through  subtle undetectable changes in there environment . It can actually be used as an argument for the exsistance of spiritsif you look at it the right way ..

By the way I forgot to thankyou Shadeaux for the original post , obviously a really good link .....  thumbsup.gif  

#18    Celumnaz

Celumnaz

Telekinetic

• 7,039 posts

• I don't know what I don't know.

Posted 09 September 2003 - 01:22 PM

Aha!  Thanks for sharing this!!!  This kinda fits into the hutchinson effect I think among other things.  

Only some people are affected by the low frequency.
Only some people are sensitive to ghosts.

Sound is used to change human emotion, I can't find the patents atm. grr.
But think of listening music and all the different types... it affects emotion.

Low frequency's I'd imagine can come from earth crust plates rubbing or any number of subterran sources.

Can't find the articles but yea, sound used in weaponry to squish the brain in the skull leaving the rest untouched, level buildings...

Great to think about. Thanks!

#19    Agent_21

Agent_21

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,574 posts

• Baby says: Vote for Biccy Boy!!! UM2004
    BABY LIKES MILK AND COOKIES!
    Yo J! ;)

Posted 10 September 2003 - 10:59 PM

A little more on vibration.

Professor Gavraud was an engineer who almost quit his post at an institute in Marseilles because he always felt ill at work. He decided against leaving when he discovered his recurrent attacks of nausea were caused by vibrations from an air-conditioning plant on an adjacent building.

Fascinated by the phenomena, Gavraud decided to build machines to produce infrasound so he could investigate it further. In casting around for designs, he discovered that the whistle with a pea issued to all French gendarmes produced a whole range of low-frequency sounds (early Urban Pacification?). So he built a giant whistle and powered it with compressed air.

The technician who gave the machine its first trial fell down dead on the spot. A post-mortem revealed that all his intestinal organs had been mashed into an amorphous jelly.

Source - Supernature, Lyall Watson.

#20    Cufflink

Cufflink

Poltergeist

• 2,234 posts

• For you, Baby, I could be

Posted 11 September 2003 - 12:42 AM

Nasty.

If only the boom-box brigade would suffer the same fate. stretch.gif  

Posted Image
Posted Image

In case...two words, not one Posted Image