Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Bear Creek Blue Light Cemetery

NME_locus

I live 2 miles from here and hike this area alot as it is part of my backyard.

Not claiming it is haunted, though listed as haunted. I just thought I would share about an area with many fatalities. From the map provided below, I have only shown 20% of the fatalies and deaths.

This is not a well known spot for Houstonions, though many know of Bear Creek Park, no one knows of it's history.

I have hiked through this area, and such a strange feeling to stumble across an opening in the dense forest where it has been cleared out that a town once resided.

Bright yellow square: Around 200 years ago, this land was part of a community, a town, cemetery, church, and a thriving town.

Dim yellow square : The Bluelight cemetery.

The Church (is now historical marker) located on I-10 and Park Row, caty-corner to the Sam's Club.

As anyone that has driven down this dark strecth of Eldridge Pkwy, knows that there are crosses everywhere from fatalities.

Red Squares on "Eldridge Pkwy"- represent deaths by car crashe occured this past year, last one happend 2 days ago and always head on. Furthest red square down was from a murder. I was there when the police removed the body. Victim was a female doctor that was carjacked. Body was left to decompose for about 1 month before it was found.

I too smelt the decomposing body driving home everynight from my ex's house, disregarding it as roadkill, but smell lasted too long.

Note: Crashes increased after murder.

Blue Square : haunted bridge of Patterson Rd.

source: http://www.theshadowlands.net/places/texas.htm

Houston - Patterson Road - Patterson Road is located between Highway 6 and Eldridge in Houston. This place is rumored to be the site of a Civil War battle and the bridge closest to Eldridge is haunted. If you park in the center of the bridge and turn your car off there will begin to be tapping noises all over your car. They aren't just the sounds of your car settling. They are mostly on the sides and the back of the car. It is said to be the spirits of the soldiers who died. Be careful, this road is absolutely pitch black at night, however you can see cars coming from either direction at quite a distance.

Large Purple Square : Where the Civil war battle occurred.

Second picture, is of the cemetery itself. It is fence in , and the actual size of cemetery is unknown. There is only one visible headstone. The others were damaged over time.

post-15805-1140040621.jpg

post-15805-1140040715.jpg

Edited by NME_locus

• 1 month later...

Some links to the accidents......

So far now, I have witnessed 6 of them on this road. All deaths are mysterious because thses people die from head on collisions, but how when drivers have half a mile of visibility?

http://www.houstontx.gov/police/nr/nr022705-1.htm

And another one within a quarter mile..

http://www.houstontx.gov/police/nr/nr022205-3.htm

Notice the dates of the accidents.

There was a new fatal accident just this past weekend involving an 18 wheeler that apparently crashed, but it was more of a freak accident.

Edited by NME_locus

Wow very interesting area there. Have you done any investigations in the area? I'd love to go through that cemetery w/my camera and voice recorder. That's really crazy about the fatal car accidents on that strip of road. From the map it looks like you'd be able to see other cars from a long way off. Is there fog that sets there in the evenings? Is the road narrower compared to others? It looks isolated but is it a bad area of town?

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for the screenshot from Google Earth!

I wish I had seen this post earlier. I went looking for the cemetery this past Saturday without really knowing where it might be other than somewhere inside the park. Anyway, it's just as well because there were heavy rains early Saturday morning and the park was a little flooded. I imagine the settlers must have had a hard time due to frequent flooding in this area. Apparently flooding was a problem even before the Army Corps built the reservoir in the 40's. Something about a salt dome a few dozen miles to the northwest.

I had heard stories about the infamous "Blue Light Cemetery" aka Hillendahl-Egglin Cemetery when I was in my teens - mid 1980's. It was a favorite place for punkers to go drink and get spooked by the swamp gas/phorsphourescent tombstones/insert other explanation here. However, nobody I knew knew where it was exactly. Just that it was in the area of the park or in the park proper. It's unfortunate that the place had suffered vandalism from the few that did know the location.

If you live in the area, there is also the Beeler Cemetery on Enclave Parkway off Eldridge just south of I-10 (and Bear Creek Park). It's a small cemetery with about 7 or 8 plots, all from the 1880's to as late as the 1914. The area is developing rapidly and the cemetery is at risk of being wiped away by progress. There used to be a historical marker but that is now gone. Also, you may get a visit from a private security guard if you hang out long enough - it is still a public park, so don't let them harrass you! Not sure why private security is concerned about a public park... but it leads me to believe the land has been bought and the cemetery will be moved soon.

Again, thanks for the areal pic! I plan on going back after it dries out.

I have heard of that cemetary. I also live near there, I'll have to check it out. :tu:

Patterson Road...

Directions: Located off of I-10 in Houston, Exit Eldridge, And turn left on a little road called Patterson Road.

Patterson Road is a small drive with Trees and Nature surrounding you at all sides. Its quite beautiful during the day time. On this particular road two bridges are I believe to be no more than maybe 200-300 feet from eachother. One is known as Bear Creek Bridge, and the other Langham Creek Bridge. During the day time you will also notice that near this road is The Bear Creek Pioneer Park. Featuring nature trails, equestrian trails, war memorials, a zoo no less, soccer feilds, and a plethera of other park activities.

Now to be honest with you we read about this place on the internet and in a book, and both didn't speak too fondly of the place. But rather painted a more sinister picture. A book called "Weird Texas" that my companions and I were reading one day mentioned a place called Patterson Road . A place that was supposedly haunted by the spirits of the soldiers from the past. The only catch was to see, feel, or hear the spirits you had to park your car on Langham Bridge, turn the car off and listen. Might I beg and protest that there is safety in numbers and if you decide to do this for your self please travel in a large group and lock your car doors!!

What is supposed to happen is you will start to hear tapping on the car. Supposedly these tappings are the souls of the soldiers of days ago. Either warning you to stay away or trying to get in. No one really knows.

Upon our first venture out there we took a slew of people with us. I believe it was 8 people total and two cars. We drove out to the supposedly haunted spot and parked the cars and awaited the unexepected. However nothing really happened...at all...it was beginning to discourage the group in my friends car so they said they wanted to leave. However, we decided to make one more pass of it. With one car at one bridge and the other car at the other, we thought maybe the story had gotten messed up. And it was really Bear creek that was haunted and not Langham. Within the next five minutes the opposite group from us pulled up excited telling us that Bear Creek was the bridge tapping and all. So we rearranged positions and parked. And yes indeed there were slight but distinct unexplainable taps all over the car at bear creek bridge. And no it was not the car settling. Other than that the first night I guess you could say was some what a success.

Well we decided to go again, and again. To see if anything else was present. As of right now I am still doing homework on the place itself. But for your viewing pleasure if you look in the pictures area of our myspace you will see what we got the second time we went out there. The people pictured in the picture are my co-workers and friends, Tricia and Brian. We went back to patterson and asked permission to take a few photos and actually, yes, asked the ghosties if they would like to be in the picture as well. And to our surprise...We had a single yet perfectly unique orb. And yes we this time we got out of the car. This was very exciting and not to mention the only picture in the whole roll that had an orb present. Upon further inspection we found that there was no double exposure, it was not pollen, and nor was it dust. It was simply and unexpected and unexplainable orb.

This then made us want to continue our investigation. HA HA...I talk as though we are really serious ghost hunters when infact we are just a bunch of really bored kids looking for a thrill. WELL WE ARE GETTING ONE. With our cheap equipment, (manned with disposable cameras, and cell phone recorders, and a small wal-mart digital recorder), we have managed to have and are still having quite the paranormal experience with this place.

I am still not sure as to whether we are dredging into something we shouldn't be or whether we are all supposed to be here. But...needless to say...its been and still is quite exciting.

Upon our further visits, we took some really interesting voice records or EVPS (Electronic Voice Phenomena). For those who don't know its where you ask the entities questions or talk to them and see if you can get a recorded response. Your ears physically do not pick up on the sounds themselves, you have to go back and listen for yourself. What we have recorded in just a short amount of time is astounding and almost chilling. We will be posting the evps soon but until then I will tell you what we have so far.

On our first visitation where we did the recordings we got there between the hours of 12am and 3 am. We were in the car and I remembered that my phone actually records, so I decided hey why not try. I seriously doubted that we would get anything. But for some reason tonight felt like no other night we had gone. The air was heavy, and thick, and it almost felt like an extreme ora of sadness of anger was all around us. We also experienced the feeling of being watched by what felt like hundreds of eyes watching you only we were all alone. To be honest it felt like it was right outside the car. We heard footsteps walking around the sides and back of the car and although no one was there, it startled us and we took off. When we got to the edge of the road we stopped and I played back the recording only to hear within the first 3 seconds a distinct mans voice saying..."HELP" (This was recorded on Langham Bridge). We hadn't even asked a question yet...infact if you listen further you will hear me ask "So what should we do" and my partner Tricia say "Lets ask a question" and so forth. It gave us incentive to go back and get more.

While we were driving back down the road I noticed what I had been noticing all night. My phone was acting strangely. I have one of those slightly annoying but neat batteries with the bright lights on the back of it. These lights go off only every 30 minutes or so on their own, or when I am recieving a text message and or phone call. What I found odd and what happens while we are on patterson is my phone goes CRAZY! It lights up every 5 seconds or so. At one point I recall having just parked the car and turning the lights off and my eyes had yet to adjust when the phone starts going off again. Well the blinking of the phone usually lasts for about oh...15 to 30 seconds and then stops. Well the phone had just begun blinking when I yelled..."God D*** it! STOP IT! I CAN'T SEE!" upon that it just up and stops not even 3 seconds into blinking. With that I quickly apoligized for yelling. We recorded some more that night and got another unexpected response. Mind you this whole time there were no males in the car with us at all! When we played it back later we found what sounds to be a different voice saying "What are you Doing" or "I'm Stewie (and or Stewart)". (This was recorded on Bear Creek Bridge.

Excited we truely didn't think anyone would believe us at all. I think I should everyone that day at work. This also prompted Tricia and I to buy an actual recorder. We went out there again with our friend Sarah, this time it was between the hours of 2:30 am and 4 am and again this was only girls in the car. Due to the previous sad ora of the last trip we decided to take flowers to show respect for them. We placed a bouqet at each bridge of yellow roses. Then we quickly got in the car and started to record. We had a bounty of questions and things to say. We took a total of 3 recordings that night. What was weird is the feeling of sadness, and danger wasn't there this time. Nothing was tapping on the car and or walking around the car. I noted the time difference too and made a joke about how it must be past there bed time.

However we didn't come out as empty handed as we thought. When we got back to fox and hound we listened only to find 2 distinct recordings. The first one was in a man's voice in a slightly agitated tone stating..."WE'RE DEAD!" And the second and clear as day was a surprisingly a womans voice (that or a very soft man's voice) saying "PLEASE HELP".

This was the second time they have asked for help. HELP FROM WHAT THOUGH!! I am so lost. I want to know more about what happened there. But I can't seem to find anything on the place. However our experiences haven't stopped with this place.

My boyfriend recently came into town from College Station and we decided to take a trip there during the day. We drove around some and then took a little hiking trip and explored the woods that had been so dark and sinister to me during the day were now just trees.

As we were walking the nature trail we found a bridge, and eventually came upon a cottonmouth snake! Always a great thing... But mostly I was looking for a graveyard that is said to be hidden away back somewhere in the reservoir and I wanted to find it. I was trying to figure out why are these spirits so restless??? What war are the soldiers from??? WHY DO THEY NEED HELP??? How old is this place??? Evidently the graveyard that is there was once part of a church that was moved to another location, however they chose to leave the bodies behind. I wanna know why?? I mean personally I would be a little p***ed off too!! We never found the graveyard but like I said I have not forgotten it either. I plan on getting in touch with the local park rangers and seeking out! I want to know who what when where why and how about this place!

I have heard rumors of it being a place where indians once lived and that troops during the civil war era were marching through and there was a large masacre. However was it the soldiers that killed them, or vice versa? I have heard that much of the town was wiped out by the same hurricane that kills thousands in galveston in the early 1900's. Could that be why? I have heard that there used to be lots of flooding there and people died from that and diseases. All relatively plausable, but all rumors none the same. Its quite the puzzle.

So on the same day that I took my boyfriend during the day I told him I wanted to show him the place at night. So we went and like many times before they let me know they were there, as my phone was going nuts. I decided I should start recording. We sat there for about oh 15 minutes before Brad said that he could feel a real sadness here and that he wanted to leave. So we did. We got back to where I had dropped off my car and we were listening to the recording when we hear in a very raspy angry voice..."DAMN HIM"....Okay did I mention that everytime we go out there that it gets more and more and more sinister. I have asked many times if it wants us to leave than tell us, or show us a sign, light up the phone, something. But nothing happens. Upon further thought, I am thinking that maybe this is a combination of ghosts. I mean when you are out there and you get that feeling of being watched its not just like a little creepy. ITS REALLY CREEPY! Its extreme! And its all around you! So like I was saying I get the feeling that there is more than one type of spirit there, sad spirits, angry spirits, lost souls, etc. Its all a blurr of feelings and emotions that have sometimes brought us to tears not because you are scared but because the ora of the place is so intense and forcefull on you.

Days after being there my boyfriend randomly calls me one day, pleading with me never to go back with out a lot of people in the car. I mean I never go by myself but he said even just one or two other people with me was not enough! He then explained that he had been having a repetitive nightmare. One in which me and him were in the car and we got mugged another I believe was me and tricia and we get mugged. And the other was really odd. And makes me wonder if this is our sign. Either to stay away, and my boyfriend is psychic, or what they need help with. The last one he said it was like he was up in a tree looking down at what was happening. A Car was parked on the bridge and from either side of the road two men run at the car. They pulled the people out of it, and he can't remember whether it was 2 -3 people in the car. But needless to say they pulled the people from the car and stole their money and murdered them. He said he didn't recognize the people, or the car itself. Not even the make of the car. Needless to say I stocked up on mase and will only go out there with lots of people. The dream was repetitive, he remembers the details...and maybe thats why they are asking for help. WHO KNOWS....

The most recent but not the last time we were out there it was me tricia and brian. This is where it got really intense for one of us. Brian parks the car on the bridge and gets out and says LaLo come drive. Confused I asked why, and he simply replied I want to try something. So I got behind the wheel and did what he asked, and then he said..."Now leave me" "YOUR FREAKING CRAZY!!" But crazy or not he was serious and sent us away. So I left him...I decided I would loop around the road and come back the opposite way.Within 2 minutes or so Brian called us VERY VERY UPSET telling us to come get him now! We drove back and he rushed to get in the car. Whats wrong...I asked but he told me just go just go...please. So I drove a little further up the road and parked. When I turned on the light...I saw tears going down his face. He was shaking and he was cold. He described everything that had happened. We sat there talking amounst our selves for a while until he calmed down. He said that it was just so intense, and sad. But so angry too. He said it was like he could move at all, like something was preventing him from moving away from the bridge. He said that as soon as we left a big gust of wind came out of no where, and it just kept getting colder and colder. He told us that even though he is not a professional at this stuff he swears there is more than one spirit here to create such a restless feeling. 30 minutes later he wanted to do it again. CRAZY ASS!!! This time I handed him my phone to record stuff. And once again we left. This time was a whole lot scarier and this will also be posted on here asap. Until then here is the gist. We had barely left the road when he called. Telling us to get the **** back there. I sped this time tricia said he was crying again and said that he was walking towards us away from the bridge and to get there NOW! He this time jumped in the car and we sped off. What he got on the recording was nothing short of REALLY ****ING WEIRD! While he was out there he asked questions, and described every feeling. The wind was blowing pretty heavy and you can hear that on the recording. When amist it you hear the sound of a woman SCREAMING! He said the trees were shaking violently and the screaming and shortly after he was walking away from the bridge and calling us. He again was in tears, and seriously this is not the type of guy to cry. I would not have expected that. I mean seriously I thought he was getting out of the car and was going to hide and try to scare us. He is just that type of guy. But I was wrong, and the look on his face told me everything. Again when all this happened it was between 12:30am and 3 am...We actually got out of the car with him after 3am and it seemed so peaceful he said, even the darkness of the road had seemed to lighten. It was like the time between 12 am and 3 am had something to do with it.

That was the last time we have been there...Not to say we won't go again. However you won't find me on the side of the road being left behind...HELL NO! But I warn anyone who tries this that I agree with people who say these spirits are restless!! I can't tell if it wants help or wants to hurt anyone who is out there! I just don't know anymore. And until I can find out what happened out there I can't really say who or what is there. However I can say this...I heed my boyfriends dreams and will never go alone, and just FYI there are a lot of wild life out there so becareful. This is one of those...At Your Own Risk things....I really can't say much more. Other than I will be keeping everyone posted.

Later and HAPPY HUNTING

• 1 month later...

Patterson Road...

Directions: Located off of I-10 in Houston, Exit Eldridge, And turn left on a little road called Patterson Road.

Patterson Road is a small drive with Trees and Nature surrounding you at all sides. Its quite beautiful during the day time. On this particular road two bridges are I believe to be no more than maybe 200-300 feet from eachother. One is known as Bear Creek Bridge, and the other Langham Creek Bridge. During the day time you will also notice that near this road is The Bear Creek Pioneer Park. Featuring nature trails, equestrian trails, war memorials, a zoo no less, soccer feilds, and a plethera of other park activities.

Now to be honest with you we read about this place on the internet and in a book, and both didn't speak too fondly of the place. But rather painted a more sinister picture. A book called "Weird Texas" that my companions and I were reading one day mentioned a place called Patterson Road . A place that was supposedly haunted by the spirits of the soldiers from the past. The only catch was to see, feel, or hear the spirits you had to park your car on Langham Bridge, turn the car off and listen. Might I beg and protest that there is safety in numbers and if you decide to do this for your self please travel in a large group and lock your car doors!!

What is supposed to happen is you will start to hear tapping on the car. Supposedly these tappings are the souls of the soldiers of days ago. Either warning you to stay away or trying to get in. No one really knows.

Upon our first venture out there we took a slew of people with us. I believe it was 8 people total and two cars. We drove out to the supposedly haunted spot and parked the cars and awaited the unexepected. However nothing really happened...at all...it was beginning to discourage the group in my friends car so they said they wanted to leave. However, we decided to make one more pass of it. With one car at one bridge and the other car at the other, we thought maybe the story had gotten messed up. And it was really Bear creek that was haunted and not Langham. Within the next five minutes the opposite group from us pulled up excited telling us that Bear Creek was the bridge tapping and all. So we rearranged positions and parked. And yes indeed there were slight but distinct unexplainable taps all over the car at bear creek bridge. And no it was not the car settling. Other than that the first night I guess you could say was some what a success.

Well we decided to go again, and again. To see if anything else was present. As of right now I am still doing homework on the place itself. But for your viewing pleasure if you look in the pictures area of our myspace you will see what we got the second time we went out there. The people pictured in the picture are my co-workers and friends, Tricia and Brian. We went back to patterson and asked permission to take a few photos and actually, yes, asked the ghosties if they would like to be in the picture as well. And to our surprise...We had a single yet perfectly unique orb. And yes we this time we got out of the car. This was very exciting and not to mention the only picture in the whole roll that had an orb present. Upon further inspection we found that there was no double exposure, it was not pollen, and nor was it dust. It was simply and unexpected and unexplainable orb.

This then made us want to continue our investigation. HA HA...I talk as though we are really serious ghost hunters when infact we are just a bunch of really bored kids looking for a thrill. WELL WE ARE GETTING ONE. With our cheap equipment, (manned with disposable cameras, and cell phone recorders, and a small wal-mart digital recorder), we have managed to have and are still having quite the paranormal experience with this place.

I am still not sure as to whether we are dredging into something we shouldn't be or whether we are all supposed to be here. But...needless to say...its been and still is quite exciting.

Upon our further visits, we took some really interesting voice records or EVPS (Electronic Voice Phenomena). For those who don't know its where you ask the entities questions or talk to them and see if you can get a recorded response. Your ears physically do not pick up on the sounds themselves, you have to go back and listen for yourself. What we have recorded in just a short amount of time is astounding and almost chilling. We will be posting the evps soon but until then I will tell you what we have so far.

On our first visitation where we did the recordings we got there between the hours of 12am and 3 am. We were in the car and I remembered that my phone actually records, so I decided hey why not try. I seriously doubted that we would get anything. But for some reason tonight felt like no other night we had gone. The air was heavy, and thick, and it almost felt like an extreme ora of sadness of anger was all around us. We also experienced the feeling of being watched by what felt like hundreds of eyes watching you only we were all alone. To be honest it felt like it was right outside the car. We heard footsteps walking around the sides and back of the car and although no one was there, it startled us and we took off. When we got to the edge of the road we stopped and I played back the recording only to hear within the first 3 seconds a distinct mans voice saying..."HELP" (This was recorded on Langham Bridge). We hadn't even asked a question yet...infact if you listen further you will hear me ask "So what should we do" and my partner Tricia say "Lets ask a question" and so forth. It gave us incentive to go back and get more.

While we were driving back down the road I noticed what I had been noticing all night. My phone was acting strangely. I have one of those slightly annoying but neat batteries with the bright lights on the back of it. These lights go off only every 30 minutes or so on their own, or when I am recieving a text message and or phone call. What I found odd and what happens while we are on patterson is my phone goes CRAZY! It lights up every 5 seconds or so. At one point I recall having just parked the car and turning the lights off and my eyes had yet to adjust when the phone starts going off again. Well the blinking of the phone usually lasts for about oh...15 to 30 seconds and then stops. Well the phone had just begun blinking when I yelled..."God D*** it! STOP IT! I CAN'T SEE!" upon that it just up and stops not even 3 seconds into blinking. With that I quickly apoligized for yelling. We recorded some more that night and got another unexpected response. Mind you this whole time there were no males in the car with us at all! When we played it back later we found what sounds to be a different voice saying "What are you Doing" or "I'm Stewie (and or Stewart)". (This was recorded on Bear Creek Bridge.

Excited we truely didn't think anyone would believe us at all. I think I should everyone that day at work. This also prompted Tricia and I to buy an actual recorder. We went out there again with our friend Sarah, this time it was between the hours of 2:30 am and 4 am and again this was only girls in the car. Due to the previous sad ora of the last trip we decided to take flowers to show respect for them. We placed a bouqet at each bridge of yellow roses. Then we quickly got in the car and started to record. We had a bounty of questions and things to say. We took a total of 3 recordings that night. What was weird is the feeling of sadness, and danger wasn't there this time. Nothing was tapping on the car and or walking around the car. I noted the time difference too and made a joke about how it must be past there bed time.

However we didn't come out as empty handed as we thought. When we got back to fox and hound we listened only to find 2 distinct recordings. The first one was in a man's voice in a slightly agitated tone stating..."WE'RE DEAD!" And the second and clear as day was a surprisingly a womans voice (that or a very soft man's voice) saying "PLEASE HELP".

This was the second time they have asked for help. HELP FROM WHAT THOUGH!! I am so lost. I want to know more about what happened there. But I can't seem to find anything on the place. However our experiences haven't stopped with this place.

My boyfriend recently came into town from College Station and we decided to take a trip there during the day. We drove around some and then took a little hiking trip and explored the woods that had been so dark and sinister to me during the day were now just trees.

As we were walking the nature trail we found a bridge, and eventually came upon a cottonmouth snake! Always a great thing... But mostly I was looking for a graveyard that is said to be hidden away back somewhere in the reservoir and I wanted to find it. I was trying to figure out why are these spirits so restless??? What war are the soldiers from??? WHY DO THEY NEED HELP??? How old is this place??? Evidently the graveyard that is there was once part of a church that was moved to another location, however they chose to leave the bodies behind. I wanna know why?? I mean personally I would be a little p***ed off too!! We never found the graveyard but like I said I have not forgotten it either. I plan on getting in touch with the local park rangers and seeking out! I want to know who what when where why and how about this place!

I have heard rumors of it being a place where indians once lived and that troops during the civil war era were marching through and there was a large masacre. However was it the soldiers that killed them, or vice versa? I have heard that much of the town was wiped out by the same hurricane that kills thousands in galveston in the early 1900's. Could that be why? I have heard that there used to be lots of flooding there and people died from that and diseases. All relatively plausable, but all rumors none the same. Its quite the puzzle.

So on the same day that I took my boyfriend during the day I told him I wanted to show him the place at night. So we went and like many times before they let me know they were there, as my phone was going nuts. I decided I should start recording. We sat there for about oh 15 minutes before Brad said that he could feel a real sadness here and that he wanted to leave. So we did. We got back to where I had dropped off my car and we were listening to the recording when we hear in a very raspy angry voice..."DAMN HIM"....Okay did I mention that everytime we go out there that it gets more and more and more sinister. I have asked many times if it wants us to leave than tell us, or show us a sign, light up the phone, something. But nothing happens. Upon further thought, I am thinking that maybe this is a combination of ghosts. I mean when you are out there and you get that feeling of being watched its not just like a little creepy. ITS REALLY CREEPY! Its extreme! And its all around you! So like I was saying I get the feeling that there is more than one type of spirit there, sad spirits, angry spirits, lost souls, etc. Its all a blurr of feelings and emotions that have sometimes brought us to tears not because you are scared but because the ora of the place is so intense and forcefull on you.

Days after being there my boyfriend randomly calls me one day, pleading with me never to go back with out a lot of people in the car. I mean I never go by myself but he said even just one or two other people with me was not enough! He then explained that he had been having a repetitive nightmare. One in which me and him were in the car and we got mugged another I believe was me and tricia and we get mugged. And the other was really odd. And makes me wonder if this is our sign. Either to stay away, and my boyfriend is psychic, or what they need help with. The last one he said it was like he was up in a tree looking down at what was happening. A Car was parked on the bridge and from either side of the road two men run at the car. They pulled the people out of it, and he can't remember whether it was 2 -3 people in the car. But needless to say they pulled the people from the car and stole their money and murdered them. He said he didn't recognize the people, or the car itself. Not even the make of the car. Needless to say I stocked up on mase and will only go out there with lots of people. The dream was repetitive, he remembers the details...and maybe thats why they are asking for help. WHO KNOWS....

The most recent but not the last time we were out there it was me tricia and brian. This is where it got really intense for one of us. Brian parks the car on the bridge and gets out and says LaLo come drive. Confused I asked why, and he simply replied I want to try something. So I got behind the wheel and did what he asked, and then he said..."Now leave me" "YOUR FREAKING CRAZY!!" But crazy or not he was serious and sent us away. So I left him...I decided I would loop around the road and come back the opposite way.Within 2 minutes or so Brian called us VERY VERY UPSET telling us to come get him now! We drove back and he rushed to get in the car. Whats wrong...I asked but he told me just go just go...please. So I drove a little further up the road and parked. When I turned on the light...I saw tears going down his face. He was shaking and he was cold. He described everything that had happened. We sat there talking amounst our selves for a while until he calmed down. He said that it was just so intense, and sad. But so angry too. He said it was like he could move at all, like something was preventing him from moving away from the bridge. He said that as soon as we left a big gust of wind came out of no where, and it just kept getting colder and colder. He told us that even though he is not a professional at this stuff he swears there is more than one spirit here to create such a restless feeling. 30 minutes later he wanted to do it again. CRAZY ASS!!! This time I handed him my phone to record stuff. And once again we left. This time was a whole lot scarier and this will also be posted on here asap. Until then here is the gist. We had barely left the road when he called. Telling us to get the **** back there. I sped this time tricia said he was crying again and said that he was walking towards us away from the bridge and to get there NOW! He this time jumped in the car and we sped off. What he got on the recording was nothing short of REALLY ****ING WEIRD! While he was out there he asked questions, and described every feeling. The wind was blowing pretty heavy and you can hear that on the recording. When amist it you hear the sound of a woman SCREAMING! He said the trees were shaking violently and the screaming and shortly after he was walking away from the bridge and calling us. He again was in tears, and seriously this is not the type of guy to cry. I would not have expected that. I mean seriously I thought he was getting out of the car and was going to hide and try to scare us. He is just that type of guy. But I was wrong, and the look on his face told me everything. Again when all this happened it was between 12:30am and 3 am...We actually got out of the car with him after 3am and it seemed so peaceful he said, even the darkness of the road had seemed to lighten. It was like the time between 12 am and 3 am had something to do with it.

That was the last time we have been there...Not to say we won't go again. However you won't find me on the side of the road being left behind...HELL NO! But I warn anyone who tries this that I agree with people who say these spirits are restless!! I can't tell if it wants help or wants to hurt anyone who is out there! I just don't know anymore. And until I can find out what happened out there I can't really say who or what is there. However I can say this...I heed my boyfriends dreams and will never go alone, and just FYI there are a lot of wild life out there so becareful. This is one of those...At Your Own Risk things....I really can't say much more. Other than I will be keeping everyone posted.

Later and HAPPY HUNTING

I went out to the bridges at night a couple of weeks ago, and I parked on the bridge, turned off the engine, and turned off the lights. I saw lots of sparkes, which could have been fireflies, and I definately heard light tapping sounds. One of my companions also saw the lights and heard the sounds, the other companion says he didn't see or hear anything.

During daylight, I went out to Blue Light Cemetery. There were no tombstones left, but there were still a few bases. There was also a sign that said "Digging For Artifacts Is Prohibitted". It's pretty easy to find from Bear Creek Park, but the path from Patterson Road is completely hidden.

PepperStar....PLEASE don't quote the entire comment from people's posts....it's so annoying and pointless. You should have just added your comment as that was all that was needed!

If there is something you want to highlight from their comment....just quote them and use the Backspace button to cut out the useless information.

Edited by KAOSInc

• 1 month later...

Well you can add another red square to that image. There was another car accident with fatality today on Eldrige. 8/10/06. What a shame. -AD

• 2 weeks later...

This story was awesome. I had the time to read it so it was worth it for me. The OP was a great writer so it was an easy read.

I will not be caught driving around that area but I sure would love to see it. It sounds kool! :yes:

Well you can add another red square to that image. There was another car accident with fatality today on Eldrige. 8/10/06. What a shame. -AD

I told you guys something wierd is going on there.

And yet another fatality this afternoon (08/23/06) at 15.00 hours at the junc of Patterson. :unsure:

Car into rear of pick-up in perfect visibility !

Yes sir, you are sooo right. Were you there and stuck in traffic like I was? I took photos of the fatality. There's been more accidents right there than I can keep record of.

FYI- I am the OP of this thread.

Here's yesterday's fatality..

Click for larger image..

user posted image

user posted image

Edited by NME_locus

I told you guys something wierd is going on there.

Yes sir, you are sooo right. Were you there and stuck in traffic like I was? I took photos of the fatality. There's been more accidents right there than I can keep record of.

FYI- I am the OP of this thread.

You could say that ....I was one of the responding agency's and AGAIN last night (Thursday) at 17.45 we responded to a serious injury MVA at the Patterson/Eldridge Junc.

The driver of a Jeep was ejected from the vehicle and suffered life-threatening injuries.

I will now do a little resaech of my own from the accident statistics and get back to you.

ok I have to ask...What civil War battle took place near Patterson Rd because I've never heard of Civil war battles in Houston.

wow this really sounds crazy.......my dad told me his friend thats a cop said there had been numerous accidents on patterson rd and he told me to stay away from that rd....reading this makes it pretty creepy because since he told me i decided to look up on it

ok not to burst any bubbles but i heard something different......i heard that people were getting into accidents here because while driving down this rd there would be a random car that just comes out of no where from the side almost hitting you so many people try to swerve and avoid hitting the car that they lose control and hit on coming traffic.....happens at night because all they see is head lights coming out of no where

one of my friends dad said that it happened to him just recently like yesterday

also my friends dad barly survived from this incident because he said he gained control of the car because it was the part where it starts to curve and the car came out of no where where he to swerved to avoid it but luckily there were no cars around him at that time

Looks like the city would notice the number of accidents and do some investigations on it. It would be interesting to see what they would discover.

hahaha ok disregard the comment i wrote above.......i heard my dad wrong he told me that the intersection at patterson rd and eldridge is dangerous because people come out of patterson rd and turn onto eldridge and people cant see the traffic because of the turn right there......sorry for the misunderstanding......but if the rd is haunted thats crazy because i live right on eldridge and pass that rd all the time

ok I have to ask...What civil War battle took place near Patterson Rd because I've never heard of Civil war battles in Houston.

Battle of San Jacinto

(21 April 1836)

Are you serious? Hears a little US History for you. During the battle for Texas, the US also gained Texas, New Mexico, Arizona, Nevada, California, Utah, and parts of Colorado, Wyoming, Kansas and Oklahoma. Almost one-third of the present area of the American nation, nearly a million square miles of territory, changed sovereignty. Texas at one time belonged to Mexico before it became "The Republic of Texas", which was before it was part of the US.

That's a fact: http://www.lsjunction.com/events/jacinto.htm

If you have never heard of Civil Battles in Texas..... just a few are the battle for the Alamo, which started worked its way from Gonzales Texas. The first capital of Texas was in Washington on the Brazos.

Sam Houston and the meager army of Texas retreated eastward following the fall of the Alamo in the spring of 1836. The troops were becoming increasingly impatient, however, by the time they reached Buffalo Bayou, a few miles southeast of present day Houston.

On the morning of the April 19, the Texans crossed over and marched down the right bank of Buffalo Bayou to within half a mile of its confluence with the San Jacinto River. Here, the army prepared their defenses on the edge of a grove of trees. Their rear was protected by timber and the bayou, while before them was an open prairie.

On the following morning, Mexican General Antonio Lopez de Santa Anna came marching across the prairie in battle array. A volley from the Texan's "Twin Sisters" artillery brought him to a sudden halt. Falling back to a clump of trees a quarter of a mile distant, Santa Anna formed in line of battle. Colonel Sidney Sherman, at the head of the Texas cavalry, charged the Mexican army, but accomplished little except to inspire the Texans with fresh enthusiasm for the following day.

The 21st of April dawned bright and beautiful. The main forces of the Texas army were there, totaling about 750 men. They faced over 1500 of the enemy, secure and flushed with pride at the offense they had enjoyed for the previous few weeks against the Texans. Early in the morning, Houston sent Deaf Smith, the celebrated Texas spy, with two or three men, to destroy Vince's bridge over which the Mexican army had passed, thus cutting off their only available escape.

When Houston's long awaited order to advance was given, the Texans did not hesitate. When within seventy yards the word "fire" was given, the Texan shouts of "Remember the Alamo" and "Remember Goliad" rang along the entire line. Within a short time, 700 Mexicans were slain, with another 730 taken as prisoners. The battle for Texas was won.

A panel on the side of the monument at San Jacinto today underscores the importance of the battle after more than a century and a half of reflection: "Measured by its results, San Jacinto was one of the decisive battles of the world. The freedom of Texas from Mexico won here led to annexation and to the Mexican War, resulting in the acquisition by the United States of the States of Texas, New Mexico, Arizona, Nevada, California, Utah, and parts of Colorado, Wyoming, Kansas and Oklahoma. Almost one-third of the present area of the American nation, nearly a million square miles of territory, changed sovereignty."

You could say that ....I was one of the responding agency's and AGAIN last night (Thursday) at 17.45 we responded to a serious injury MVA at the Patterson/Eldridge Junc.

The driver of a Jeep was ejected from the vehicle and suffered life-threatening injuries.

I will now do a little resaech of my own from the accident statistics and get back to you.

Please let me know. Take it easy out there bro, that street is just wicked. It's hurricane season, and you know how the weather is around here. From sunshine to thunderstorms with 15 minutes.

Looks like the city would notice the number of accidents and do some investigations on it. It would be interesting to see what they would discover.

All of the accidents are still under investigation. There was another accident in the same spot this past week.

What is even stranger is all the accidents are very similar.

Here are links provided by the Houston Police Department, 2 weekends, back to by with the same similar incident. It's so similar that you would think it was the same accident, but, notice the dates. Same stretch of Eldridge Parkway, @ the intersection of Patterson Rd and nearly 100 yards from the haunted Patterson Rd Bridge.

August 10th @ 4:45pm- fatality: http://www.houstontx.gov/police/nr/2006/nr081106-1.htm

August 23rd @ 3:10pm - fatality: http://www.houstontx.gov/police/nr/2006/nr082506-2.htm

August 24th @ 5:45pm - - No info yet but TJB, the poster that posted below was dispatched to the scene.

August 26th - Sept 3rd - As I drove out on that rd over Labor Day weekend, I saw new tire tracks going straight into the gaurd-rail resulting in a head on collision, but accident had been cleaned up.

hahaha ok disregard the comment i wrote above.......i heard my dad wrong he told me that the intersection at patterson rd and eldridge is dangerous because people come out of patterson rd and turn onto eldridge and people cant see the traffic because of the turn right there......sorry for the misunderstanding......but if the rd is haunted thats crazy because i live right on eldridge and pass that rd all the time

yes I understand that because I once driving on Patterson when all of the sudden I saw the stop sign at the last minute due to the elevation inlination 10 yards before the Stop sign, but the accident are occurring when one going northbound collides into a car going southbound on the same road. The roads are four lanes wide and no rain on any of the days of accidents. There are tons of crosses along the rails from accidents as far back as 10 years ago. There are no potholes or anything that causes people to loose control. I myself, have taken the curve in my sports car going 135 mph though the curves in getting up to 145 mph exiting the apex of that curve and getting up to 165 mph on the exiting straightaway.

Here's a map to show how open the road is:

user posted image

Here's a close up to show how wide the road is.

user posted image

Edited by NME_locus