Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

THE ORIGIN OF THE GODS

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#16    Lion of Judah

Lion of Judah

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 459 posts

Posted 16 February 2006 - 11:24 PM

The astrological signs can tell us alot we need to know In Egypt the Sphinx was lined with Pieces during the time Jesus was on Earth also the riddles of the signs relates to Revelations the bride who is prepared for the Prince and Satan who wages war against the lamb and church of God a time frame which we are in close to Judgement The Rapture is the period we are in and this is where Endurance to survive and overcome Adversity plays an Important part of our lives.My Webpage                                             checkout my link the 1st church A.D.

Posted Image
I'm a lover fighter wonderer and champion of darkness

#17    draconic chronicler

draconic chronicler

Majestic 12 Operative

• Banned
  • 6,229 posts

Posted 17 February 2006 - 01:28 AM

Actually Irish, the Sumerian version of the Adam (Adapa) story was written down far earlier than anything written down by the Hebrews, so who is to say the Hebrew Version is more  correct?.  These are essentially the same stories that include a winged reptilian dragon who can speak and is a servant creature of the high God.  But because the Hebrews repeated these stories as an oral tradition they became distorted.  The Benificent dragon servant, the "Lord of the Good Tree" is turned into a trickster, but even here, he does not become Satan until the New Testament.  The Satan of the Old Testament is nothing but a loyal servant to the high God and never described as an angel.  The Seraphim and Cherubim of the Old Testament are the same dragon-servants that attend Marduk.  The word seraphim means in hebrew a winged, fiery serpent/dragon.  And the word is known in ancient Egyptian too, it means a winged monster and its hieroglyph looks like the same quadraped dragon of the Sumerians and Hebrews.  The winged humanoid angels of Christain theology have no Biblical origin.  The only winged heavenly creatures in the Old Testament are the Sumerian-Hebrew dragons.  The angels of the bible look exactly like young men.  

It was only when pagan Greco Roman ideas of the early Christains corrupted the Scriptures that the notion of winged angels came into being, the same kind of heavenly creatures of pagan Rome, but nowhere in the Bible of Abraham and Moses. The fallen angel "Lucifer" too, is an imaginary Chjristian invention that appears nowhere in the Bible endorsed by Jesus as the word of God.  

You say Job is the earliest book of the Bible.  This proves my point as well.  In it Satan is a loyal servant of God who must receive Gods permission to harm Job.  This is not the same ficticious Satan of the New Testament, invented as Gods enemy to make Christainity a pagan-like dualistic religion of good and evil spirit creatures.  This is completely contrary to the theology Jesus knew, but rather a blatant imitation of Persian Zorastrianism, with a touch of Greco Roman mythology for "spice".

#18    tags

tags

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 772 posts

• "I am the way the truth and the life, no mans comes to the Father but by me."
    (Jesus Christ).

Posted 17 February 2006 - 04:02 AM

You say Job is the earliest book of the Bible.  This proves my point as well.  In it Satan is a loyal servant of God who must receive Gods permission to harm Job.  This is not the same ficticious Satan of the New Testament, invented as Gods enemy to make Christainity a pagan-like dualistic religion of good and evil spirit creatures.  This is completely contrary to the theology Jesus knew, but rather a blatant imitation of Persian Zorastrianism, with a touch of Greco Roman mythology for "spice".

Jesus said he saw satan fall from heaven like lightning to earth. He talked repeatredly about the evil one, the wicked one, the father of all lies and deciet. Seems exactly inline with the theology of jesus!!

Can a mortal ask questions which God finds unanswerable? Quite easily, I should think. All nonsense questions are unanswerable.

C. S. Lewis

#19    draconic chronicler

draconic chronicler

Majestic 12 Operative

• Banned
  • 6,229 posts

Posted 17 February 2006 - 11:50 AM

Tags,
How accurate is the New Testament when the gospels contradict one another and sections of revelations is stolen verbatim from Zorastrian mythology?  On the other hand, Jesus acknowledged the Old Testament scriptures as the word of God.  So when these two bodies of scripture contradict each other, isn't it better to go with what Jesus said was correct, than material allegedly written by his peasant followers after he left this world.  And so much of this material is filled with Pagan Greco-Roman and Persian mythology that has nothing to do with the Hebrew Old Testament scriptures, and which Jesus the Jew, would have considered a pagan abomination.

In order to create a new religion palatable to the Pagan world of Rome, the early Christains needed to turn the Jewish Monotheism into a dualistic pagan religion of good and evil spiritual entities battling over the souls of men.  To do so, they commited the utter blasphemy of taking  a minor Biblical character called Satan, who in all old testament references is a loyal but fearsome servant creature of God,  and concoted a ficticious "war in heaven" that is never mentioned in the Old Testament which Jesus acknowledged.

When making Satan the evil dualistic "god" of this religion wasn't convincing enough, the Christians then invented "Lucifer", an imaginary "fallen angel" who appears nowhere in the Hebrew scriptures.

How much of the new testament is really the words of Jesus?  We know parts of these texts were copied verbatim from Persian mythology, particularly the parts about Satan being bound in chains and cast into the abyss.  Would the Rabbi Jesus, intimately familiar with the Old Testament texts dare commit the blasphemy of elevating the minor, loyal servant creature of God named Satan to a formidible enemy who led a revolt that took away a third of the angels?  This is highly unlikely.  These words were put into the mouth of Jesus by the Christian writers who knew their new religion would only be a success if it had all the drama of pagan religions with all of their wars in heaven, demons, fiery hell, and other pagan elements that simply did not exist in the "boring" (to the pagan mind) monotheism of Judaism.  If my memory serves, Jesus never intended to create a new religion filled with the mythologies of the most popular pagan religions of the Roman empire.  But this is what his followers (or those who claimed to be his followers), succeeded in doing.

Edited by draconic chronicler, 17 February 2006 - 11:57 AM.

#20    Claudoca

Claudoca

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 17 February 2006 - 12:05 PM

Easy answer. At some point, believed to in the late Paleolithic period, people started to wonder where they came from. Natural. By observing the world around them, they understood that their personal origin was their mother. Men, at that time, had no clue that they were responsible for getting women pregnant because 1) not every woman gets pregnant after sex 2) it takes some time after sex for a woman to "show" she´s pregnant. SO, they started to worship female for being responsible for life-giving.

That way, people started to worship their ancestors. That´s how clans started being formed, and belongings were passed on from mother to daughter. The only way for a man to have material possessions was to marry, there is is the origin of the word "matrimony"_-"patrimony" is what you have, isn´t it? So, what you have, for men at that time, came from matrimony with a woman. That´s how the first God of men was a female god, the Mother goddess. The world was matriarchal for at least 35 thousand years. Then, male oriented religions dominated for political and economical reasons, but that´s another story.

#21    AnuKabal

AnuKabal

Spirit Warrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,055 posts

• I don't know much about wear i'm from, but i know i strike fear everywhere i come

Posted 17 February 2006 - 03:08 PM

actually it's natural instinct for you to know sex is needed.

I shed no tear, and i hear no scream.  If i'm in your dreams then your end is near

#22    Irish

Irish

“The Mod Father”

• 4,935 posts

• Practice Random Acts of Kindness, they return to you!

Posted 17 February 2006 - 03:44 PM

JUDGMENT OF THE EGYPTIAN GOD-KING

While conducting a recent tour of Egypt and the Holy Land, Donald C. Jones (Ph.D. in Biblical History and contributing author of this book), stood outside the Great Pyramid in Giza and pondered what it must have been like to be an Egyptian Pharaoh. As the divine son of Ra, Pharaoh was the earthly representative of the supreme god of cosmic deities; in short, Pharaoh was god on earth. Dr. Jones wondered what the children of Israel must have thought when Moses challenged the mighty arm of a ruler whose kingdom was so vast and powerful. Who would "take on" the leader of a people capable of building a single structure over thirty times larger than the Empire State Building? The Great Pyramid was built over 4,500 years ago and out of more than 2,000,000 blocks of stone weighing between 2 and 60 tons each, by builders whose knowledge of the earth and of the planetary systems was so advanced that the Great Pyramid faces true North, South, East, and West, while also standing at the exact center of the Earth's land mass and at a height exactly that of the earth's mean sea level. One would hypothecate that the leader of such a people would have easily been perceived by the ancients as a god on earth. Whereas most scholars believe that the Great Pyramid-the last standing monument of the Seven Wonders of the Ancient World-was built around the year BC 2560, by Khufu (Cheops), the Pharaoh of the Fourth Egyptian Dynasty, and that Moses probably challenged the pharaoh known as Ramses II, many other testaments, temples, and pyramids, have survived to reveal that each of the Pharaohs were, in their respective times (at least in the mind of the average Egyptian), the undisputed god-kings of planet earth.  

Nevertheless, God instructed Moses to go "unto Pharaoh...[and] bring forth my people the children of Israel out of Egypt" (Ex. 3:10). One of the main reasons for the Exodus narrative was, I believe, the historical opportunity for the Hebrew God to reveal Himself as being more powerful than the Egyptian gods. In other words, the great "I AM" not only wanted to deliver His people from the Egyptian bondage, but He wanted to "execute judgment" against "all the gods of Egypt" (Ex. 12:12). Numbers 33:4 says, "For the Egyptians buried all their firstborn, which the Lord had smitten among them: upon their gods also the Lord executed judgments." Thus Yahweh manifested his superiority over Osiris, Isis, Pharaoh, and the various other gods assigned to protect the famous Egyptians. Dr. Jones says, "It would be a mistake to overlook the fact that, taken individually, each plague of the Exodus stands alone as a specific judgment of a particular Egyptian god; while, viewed collectively, the plagues of the Exodus illustrate God's supremacy over, and his attitude towards, the corporate sphere of the gods of mythology.

source

Most people do not want to know the truth they only want confirmation for what they think is truth.

#23    Claudoca

Claudoca

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 17 February 2006 - 11:07 PM

actually it's natural instinct for you to know sex is needed.

who said it wasn´t?

#24    mklsgl

mklsgl

just me

• 3,153 posts

• They're selling postcards of the hanging
    They're painting the passports brown
    The beauty parlor's filled with sailors
    The circus is in town

Posted 17 February 2006 - 11:36 PM

2 Things:

1. Most Jewish Scholars place the Torah 200-400 years older than Job.
2. The Torah remained in the Oral Tradition for at least 500 years before it was ever written.

Grateful Dead; July, 31, 1982 @ Manor Downs, Manor, TX
"Yes it's 'T' For Texas"
Be Here Now!

#25    Smasha

Smasha

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 46 posts

Posted 19 February 2006 - 10:05 AM

Im not religious or anything man!

But you know a weird thing is that, the Qu'ran was written 1,500 years ago. And in it , it is written all the way back then how clouds are formed, the stages of pregnancy in detail, the way the universe was created and is described as the big bang and loads of other things as well which are accurately on point. All of the things in the Qu'ran have been scientifically proven and the scientists who researced it, cant explain how a book that was written 1,500 years ago can explain these things in detail with no advancement of equipment to hand in those periods.

check out these links          

http://www.message-of-god.com/Proof%20of%20the%20Quran.htm

http://www.answering-christianity.com/sci_quran.htm

http://www.message-of-god.com/EnglishHomepage.htm

[Posted Image

Hmmm......OK, put a little more effort into it yeah. Thought I came on this site to elborate. Thats what im doing though. Why dont you tell the guys to put more effort into their posts about Reptilian agendas and UFO's landing ontop of pyramids.

At least I come up with stuff that hasnt been published.

#26    Paranoid Android

Paranoid Android

????????

• 27,439 posts

• Paranoid Android... Gorram it kid, let's frak this thing and go home! Make it so!

Posted 20 February 2006 - 09:40 AM

JUDGMENT OF THE EGYPTIAN GOD-KING
"It would be a mistake to overlook the fact that, taken individually, each plague of the Exodus stands alone as a specific judgment of a particular Egyptian god; while, viewed collectively, the plagues of the Exodus illustrate God's supremacy over, and his attitude towards, the corporate sphere of the gods of mythology.
Just thought I'd expand on this for ya thumbsup.gif

The First Plague - the Nile is turned to blood. The River Nile is believed to represent the Egyptian god Hapi. Hapi was portrayed as a god with a beard like a man, but had female features and a pregnant stomach like a woman’s. The river Nile was the life of Egypt. It provided water and food in the form of fish for the Egyptians. Hence Hapi was seen as the god that kept Egypt alive by providing water and food. God here turns the Nile to blood. Hapi can no longer give life and food to Egypt. God here is proved more powerful than Hapi.

The second plague - God brings forth frogs from the Nile and plagues the whole country. They enter into Pharaoh’s palace, his bedroom, bed and also goes into the houses of his officials. The Egyptians regarded the frogs as a symbol of their goddess Hekkhet. Hekkhet was the god of childbirth. She was also the one that controlled the number of frogs in Egypt. This plague shows that God overpowered Hekkhet and that He controls the frogs and childbirth, and not Hekkhet.

The Third and Fourth Plague - The third and fourth plagues go together. The third plague is the plague of Gnats and the fourth is of flies. Both these plagues were flying plagues. The Egyptian god Khelprer was symbolised by a flying beetle. Here God shows that he controls the Gnats and flies, not Khelprer.

The Fifth Plague - The fifth plague was a plague upon the domesticated animals of Egypt. Ancient Egyptians viewed the domesticated bulls as the embodiment of the great Egyptian gods Ptah and Re. Numerous important female deities were also pictured as livestock animals. Isis, queen of the gods had cow’s horn on her head. The livestock animals provided necessities to the people in the form of food, milk, clothing, and transportation. But Yahweh destroyed these animals to show that he is more powerful then these gods.

THe Sixth Plague - In the sixth plague, boils affected the men and the animals. The Egyptian goddess Sekhmet was the deity of the plagues. She was responsible for epidemics in ancient Egypt but she also had the power to heal those who were visited by these pestilence as well. Well, Yahweh sends boils upon the men and the animals and no one can stop it. Not even the goddess Sekhmet. Yahweh is more powerful than Sekhmet.

The seventh Plague - God rains down hail from heaven of such a force that the Egyptians had never seen before. Here, the Egyptian gods Nut, Shu and Tefnut, all sky gods, were all powerless against God.

The Eighth and Ninth plague - The eighth plague of locusts ridiculed Senehem, the God of pests. And the ninth plague, the plague of darkness ridiculed Amon-Re, the Egyptian Sun god.

The tenth Plague - And what about the tenth plague. Well, the tenth plague was directed at Pharaoh himself. Pharaoh was seen as a god of Egypt. Pharaoh’s firstborn and all Egypt’s firstborn were killed in this plague. And it is with this mighty act that Pharaoh at last let’s Israel go free.

This tenth plague has special significance for Christians today. In this tenth plague, God passes over the houses of those that had the blood of a lamb stained over their doors. For those that did not have the blood stains over their doors, which would have been the Egyptians, all their firstborn died.  This has special significance today because Jesus on the night that he was betrayed celebrated this event called The Passover. And when Jesus celebrated this event, he referred to his body and blood as a sacrifice for our sins. The blood of a lamb on the doors saved the Israelites, the blood of Jesus, who is also referred to as the lamb of God, saves those that put their trust in him.

The ten plagues showed Yahweh’s awesome power. That he was more powerful than Pharaoh and all the Egyptian God’s put together. God showed his power and he does so to glorify his own name.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Enjoy thumbsup.gif

Regards, PA

Posted Image

My blog is now taking a new direction.  Dedicated to my father who was a great inspiration in my life, I wish to honour his memory (RIP, dad) by sharing with the world what he had always kept to himself.  More details, http://www.unexplain...showentry=27811

#27    AnuKabal

AnuKabal

Spirit Warrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,055 posts

• I don't know much about wear i'm from, but i know i strike fear everywhere i come

Posted 20 February 2006 - 11:57 PM

mate, haru by himself would own Yahweh so hard.  Yahweh is an old man that was originally a god of war till he overcame the other hebrew gods and labeled them demons.  Then as he became more famous he started to make stuff up to his followers.
Him and Ra are actually good friends

Edited by AnuKabal, 20 February 2006 - 11:58 PM.

I shed no tear, and i hear no scream.  If i'm in your dreams then your end is near

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users