Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Sins

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#1    Astronema

Astronema

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 676 posts

Posted 18 February 2006 - 06:50 AM

Whats are the six sins?

#2    Glacies

Glacies

THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE!!!!

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,095 posts

• How much wood, would a woodchuck chuck, if a woodchuck could chuck wood...perhaps there are some things we are not meant to know...

Posted 18 February 2006 - 06:52 AM

Whats are the six sins?

survivable cousins to the seven deadly ones? seriously haven't heard of that before...

Posted Image
Let the record stand, AC is blind.

#3    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

Sarcastic Muppet..!

• 51,196 posts

• "I hate pretentious people. I mean, what is the point in applying exorbitantly extensive vocabulary, it is just straightforwardly unnecessary".

Posted 18 February 2006 - 06:53 AM

Dont disrespect..BM

Dont tell BM lies

Dont steal from BM

Dont argue with BM

Dont fight with BM

Dont show jealousy to BM

w00t.gif

Posted ImageRAW Berris... Dare you enter?

If there's a heaven...I hope to hell I get there !

#4    Astronema

Astronema

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 676 posts

Posted 18 February 2006 - 06:57 AM

Dont disrespect..BM

Dont tell BM lies

Dont steal from BM

Dont argue with BM

Dont fight with BM

Dont show jealousy to BM

w00t.gif

Whose bm?
and what is all the seven deadly sins

#5    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

Sarcastic Muppet..!

• 51,196 posts

• "I hate pretentious people. I mean, what is the point in applying exorbitantly extensive vocabulary, it is just straightforwardly unnecessary".

Posted 18 February 2006 - 07:02 AM

Whose bm?
and what is all the seven deadly sins

I am BM LOL

Pride is excessive belief in one's own abilities, that interferes with the individual's recognition of the grace of God. It has been called the sin from which all others arise. Pride is also known as Vanity.

Envy is the desire for others' traits, status, abilities, or situation.

Gluttony is an inordinate desire to consume more than that which one requires.

Lust is an inordinate craving for the pleasures of the body.

Anger is manifested in the individual who spurns love and opts instead for fury. It is also known as Wrath.

Greed is the desire for material wealth or gain, ignoring the realm of the spiritual. It is also called Avarice or Covetousness.

Sloth is the avoidance of physical or spiritual work.

thats the 7 deadly sins

#6    SoulMatrix

SoulMatrix

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 383 posts

• "There are always a lot of people who prefer the comfortable lie to the uncomfortable truth." - Bill Moyers

Posted 18 February 2006 - 07:41 AM

I am BM LOL
Pride is excessive belief in one's own abilities, that interferes with the individual's recognition of the grace of God. It has been called the sin from which all others arise. Pride is also known as Vanity.

Envy is the desire for others' traits, status, abilities, or situation.

Gluttony is an inordinate desire to consume more than that which one requires.

Lust is an inordinate craving for the pleasures of the body.

Anger is manifested in the individual who spurns love and opts instead for fury. It is also known as Wrath.

Greed is the desire for material wealth or gain, ignoring the realm of the spiritual. It is also called Avarice or Covetousness.

Sloth is the avoidance of physical or spiritual work.

thats the 7 deadly sins

The one about Envy. So a person can't become like Michael Jordan? Because if that player was trying to be like MJ then that means that player had a desire to have MJ's ability or status as 6 time NBA champion? Just wondering. Confuses me. Unless I'm thinking backwards. And Gluttony to. So I cant go to Hometown Buffet and stuff my face? What if I haven't ate in days? Hard to believe these things are sins. Unless Gluttony is like not caring for other people like eating all your food and not sharing with the poor or wasting the food.
Maybe you can explain to me some of this. One other thing: Isn't Idoltry suppose to be on that list? Means You cannot look up to someone as your hero only God is the person or soul you can look up to. Something like that. Thx.

#7    Astronema

Astronema

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 676 posts

Posted 18 February 2006 - 08:05 AM

The one about Envy. So a person can't become like Michael Jordan? Because if that player was trying to be like MJ then that means that player had a desire to have MJ's ability or status as 6 time NBA champion? Just wondering. Confuses me. Unless I'm thinking backwards. And Gluttony to. So I cant go to Hometown Buffet and stuff my face? What if I haven't ate in days? Hard to believe these things are sins. Unless Gluttony is like not caring for other people like eating all your food and not sharing with the poor or wasting the food.
Maybe you can explain to me some of this. One other thing: Isn't Idoltry suppose to be on that list? Means You cannot look up to someone as your hero only God is the person or soul you can look up to. Something like that. Thx.

Theres a book...i dont know if you heard of it...but its called THE BIBLE
open it up and read it and you will find your answer  yes.gif

#8    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

Sarcastic Muppet..!

• 51,196 posts

Posted 18 February 2006 - 12:09 PM

I didnt make those sins up and I dont agree with them either (well not all of them) I just pasted those from a web site grin2.gif

#9    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

Sarcastic Muppet..!

• 51,196 posts

Posted 18 February 2006 - 12:10 PM

Theres a book...i dont know if you heard of it...but its called THE BIBLE
open it up and read it and you will find your answer  yes.gif

A tad sarcastic on your behalf...the book dont kow if you have heard of it ...its called the bible..... rolleyes.gif a bit rich from someone that didnt know of the 7 deadly sins and thought there where 6 sins sleepy.gif

Edited by Beckys_Mom, 18 February 2006 - 12:11 PM.

#10    Yelekiah

Yelekiah

Calcinatio des Königs

• 10,541 posts

Posted 18 February 2006 - 12:18 PM

That was funny BM grin2.gif
To me there is a difference between envy and jealousy. Envy unlike, jealousy, implies malevolence toward the individual that you are envious of. By the way, Seven was a great movie.

Posted Image

#11    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

Sarcastic Muppet..!

• 51,196 posts

Posted 18 February 2006 - 03:04 PM

That was funny BM grin2.gif
To me there is a difference between envy and jealousy. Envy unlike, jealousy, implies malevolence toward the individual that you are envious of. By the way, Seven was a great movie.

Seven was an excellent movie...have the dvd grin2.gif  and you are right there is a difference between envy and jealousy

IE I envy those that get to star in movie but I do admire them....

Jealousy...it shows hate ..when girls b**** about another girls good looks it is out of jealousy and brings spite...envy doesnt

#12    Imaginary Friend

Imaginary Friend

DON'T HIT KIDS! No, Seriously! They have guns now.

• Banned
  • 2,381 posts

• "Because thou has rejected knowledge I also reject thee." Hosea 4:6

Posted 18 February 2006 - 06:08 PM

Isn't Idolatry suppose to be on that list? Means You cannot look up to someone as your hero only God is the person or soul you can look up to. Something like that. Thx.

The admonishment against Idolatry (graven images) is found in the 10 Commandments (also known as the Decalogue), of which there are 3 versions found in the Hebrew scripture or, "Old Testament". (link)

Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth: Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the Lord thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me; And shewing mercy unto thousands of them that love me, and keep my commandments. (Exodus 20:4-6)

Posted Image

"JESUS SAVES... He Passes It To Gretzky... Gretzky Shoots... He Scores!"

#13    stargazer123

stargazer123

Psychic Spy

• 1,401 posts

Posted 18 February 2006 - 10:05 PM

Dont disrespect..BM

Dont tell BM lies

Dont steal from BM

Dont argue with BM

Dont fight with BM

Dont show jealousy to BM

w00t.gif

I'm dying over here....that was pretty hilarious dear.  laugh.gif
The six rules of BM's lair.... grin2.gif

"I am an arms dealer fitting you with weapons in the form of words and don't really care, which side wins as long as the room keeps singing that's just the business I'm in.This ain't a scene, it's a god damn arms race" Fall Out Boys
"Holes in our spirit causin' tears and fears One-sided stories for years and years and years I'm inferior? Whose inferior? Yeah, we need to check the interior Of the system, who cares about only one culture And that is why We gotta take the power back" Rage against the Machine

#14    Astronema

Astronema

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 676 posts

Posted 18 February 2006 - 10:30 PM

A tad sarcastic on your behalf...the book dont kow if you have heard of it ...its called the bible..... rolleyes.gif a bit rich from someone that didnt know of the 7 deadly sins and thought there where 6 sins sleepy.gif

I just finished watching "The Exorsicm of Emily Rose"....i dont know if you heard of it...haha
and she was saying "1 2 3 4 5 6"
and she was possesed by lucifer and he was say i'm the devil with in cain,legion,belial,nero and judas.... and i was wondering about there sins...i only know cains sin "envy"
so dont jump to conclusion "bm"...lol bowel movement haha

#15    stargazer123

stargazer123

Psychic Spy

• 1,401 posts

Posted 19 February 2006 - 02:37 AM

I just finished watching "The Exorsicm of Emily Rose"....i dont know if you heard of it...haha
and she was saying "1 2 3 4 5 6"
and she was possesed by lucifer and he was say i'm the devil with in cain,legion,belial,nero and judas.... and i was wondering about there sins...i only know cains sin "envy"
so dont jump to conclusion "bm"...lol bowel movement haha

I watched that movie as well...it is so far off what the true story is it should have been done as a fiction movie rather than even based on a true story. But of course thats my thoughts.

"I am an arms dealer fitting you with weapons in the form of words and don't really care, which side wins as long as the room keeps singing that's just the business I'm in.This ain't a scene, it's a god damn arms race" Fall Out Boys
"Holes in our spirit causin' tears and fears One-sided stories for years and years and years I'm inferior? Whose inferior? Yeah, we need to check the interior Of the system, who cares about only one culture And that is why We gotta take the power back" Rage against the Machine

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users