Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

smart life in the deep

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
178 replies to this topic

#1    thecreeper

thecreeper

Times Person of the year

• 2,641 posts

• its is not the beginning or the end nor is it the beginning of the end, perhaps it is the end of the beginning-Winston Churchill

Posted 22 February 2006 - 01:58 AM

now the earth is about 70% oceans, and lakes right, and most of the ocean is unexplored right, so there is a chance that there is life that is life almost as smart as us , or as smart as,or possible smart than us, possible  a squid, mermaid, etc?

Edited by thecreeper, 22 February 2006 - 01:58 AM.

May all the hamsters of your world rejoice

#2    werewolf_child

werewolf_child

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 241 posts

• Never say something isn't real..........Maybe you aren't real.

Posted 22 February 2006 - 02:06 AM

grin2.gif anything is possible

Posted Image

#3    RamboIII

RamboIII

Killer Without Reason

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,124 posts

Posted 22 February 2006 - 02:13 AM

werewolf child you arent real.... lol jk, but i dont think it is true just becuase it they were smarter than us dont you think they would have at least come up to land by now? i mean we have already been to the moon so they would be able to go up a few miles...

#4    thecreeper

thecreeper

Times Person of the year

• 2,641 posts

• its is not the beginning or the end nor is it the beginning of the end, perhaps it is the end of the beginning-Winston Churchill

Posted 22 February 2006 - 02:21 AM

werewolf child you arent real.... lol jk, but i dont think it is true just becuase it they were smarter than us dont you think they would have at least come up to land by now? i mean we have already been to the moon so they would be able to go up a few miles...

maybe there scared of us, I mean I saw a mermaid ( I did honestly) and she swam away as soon as saw me looking at her.

#5    RamboIII

RamboIII

Killer Without Reason

• Banned
  • 2,124 posts

Posted 22 February 2006 - 02:38 AM

cool, where did you see it?

#6    thecreeper

thecreeper

Times Person of the year

• 2,641 posts

Posted 22 February 2006 - 02:51 AM

cool, where did you see it?

5 years ago on san diego beach

#7    The Raven

The Raven

Wanderer

• 1,684 posts

Posted 22 February 2006 - 02:54 AM

Judging something as intelligent depends on how you define intelligent. The view most humans share is that humans are the most intelligent, simply because "We can make tools, we can build houses, we have civilization & religion, and we talk." Just because this or similar is the most common belief does not mean it is right.

The human is an animal. We do not believe the majority of other animals to harbor a great intelligence, although some animals are widely recognized as openly more intelligent than the rest of them, namely the dolphin, parrot, crow/raven, dog, and several others.

Just because the listed and several other animals display signs of a higher intelligence does not mean that they are not on par with other animals or even humans. The only acceptable difference between a human and an animal or insect that I can come up with is that a human actively asks "Why, How, When, Who, What?" and then applies it to real life situations constantly. Other animals have this capacity but do not use it as a human does, the most acceptable reason being that other animals have natural defenses such as tough skin, claws, etc while a human only has this ability to apply answers as concepts.

Other animals may do this and more. Other animals have a means of communication between one another, although it is not very similar to our own as we know it. Other animals may have philosophies, religions, etc, but we are unaware of this because they do not actively display it as the human does.

So the answer to your question is YES, there may be animals or creatures that are as intelligent or more intelligent than us, especially in the ocean. It all depends on how you measure intelligence, because intelligence itself is a man-made concept, therefore being a prime subject to our bias and need for dominance.

Edited by The Raven, 22 February 2006 - 02:54 AM.

Baron Wormser said:

What brought me to the woods was the longing to be with words in an undistracted place. 'Woods' and 'words' were almost identical.

Wayfarer - A Journey in Thought and Creation

#8    Naes

Naes

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 28 posts

• No drop of rain thinks that it is the cause of the flood.

Posted 22 February 2006 - 03:02 AM

[quote]werewolf child you arent real.... lol jk, but i dont think it is true just becuase it they were smarter than us dont you think they would have at least come up to land by now? i mean we have already been to the moon so they would be able to go up a few miles...

I agree. But it might be possible they are as inteligent just have been unable to aquire the technology because they have only rescently gained this intelect or the variables of there inviorment have kept them from making technological advancements. Many of the necesities we use for our advancements are unavailible underwater such as electricity,wich can only be created in dry areas, and fire aswell. So i guess it's possible but unlikely.

#9    davey hooligan

davey hooligan

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 22 February 2006 - 08:13 PM

other than dolphins?

avoiding us is a very intelligent move.... i mean, if they don't want to be disected, invaded, or forced to work at a walmart...

#10    capeo

capeo

Psychic Spy

• 1,746 posts

• Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
    Aldous Huxley, "Proper Studies", 1927

Posted 22 February 2006 - 08:34 PM

other than dolphins?

avoiding us is a very intelligent move.... i mean, if they don't want to be disected, invaded, or forced to work at a walmart...

in that order ohmy.gif

"Come down off the cross, we could use the wood." - Tom Waits

#11    The Skeptic Eric Raven

The Skeptic Eric Raven

Master Blaster

• 11,065 posts

• One day love will find me.....

Posted 22 February 2006 - 08:38 PM

5 years ago on san diego beach

So you were 10 years old then, correct? I think it was a bit of wishful thinking.

........the sleeper has awoken!
Sometimes we need a kick in the butt to wake us up. Well, I'm up now!Boo ya.

...there are many things in life that will capture your eye, but very few will capture your heart. These are the ones to pursue. These are the ones worth keeping..."

#12    thecreeper

thecreeper

Times Person of the year

• 2,641 posts

Posted 22 February 2006 - 09:24 PM

So you were 10 years old then, correct? I think it was a bit of wishful thinking.

okay, but another person told me they saw the same thing 2 days before that

#13    Conspiracy

Conspiracy

Poltergeist

• 3,074 posts

• "I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." - Albert Einstein

Posted 22 February 2006 - 09:27 PM

im surprised squid arent what we are today... theyve been around for sooooooo long, we just got lucky i guess :/

Posted Image

#14    Rykster

Rykster

Keep thy religion to thyself.

• Banned
  • 2,132 posts
  • Location:Screaming through the universe on a pale blue dot...Wheee!

• I debunk you not out of hostility, but rather in search of the truth...

Posted 22 February 2006 - 10:20 PM

Dolphins: [singing] So long, and thanks for all the fish / So sad that it should come to this / We tried to warn you all, but, oh, dear / You may not share out intellect / Which might explain your disrespect / For all the natural wonders that grow around you / So long, so long, and thanks for all the fish!
Dolphins: [singing] The world's about to be destroyed / There's no point getting all annoyed / Lie back and let the planet dissolve around you / Despite those nets of tuna fleets / We thought that most of you were sweet / Especially tiny tots and your pregnant women / So long, so long, so long, so long, so long! So long, so long, so long, so long, so long! So long, so long, and thanks for all the fish!
Dolphin: [singing] If I had just one last wish / I would like a tasty fish!
Dolphin: [singing] If we could just change one thing / We would all have learnt to sing!
Dolphins: [singing] Come one and all / Man and mammal / Side by side / In life's great gene pool!
Dolphins: [singing] So long, so long, so long, so long, so long / So long, so long, so long, so long / So long, so long and thanks for all the fish!

Posted Image

Resistance is futile!

#15    capeo

capeo

Psychic Spy

• 1,746 posts

• Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
    Aldous Huxley, "Proper Studies", 1927

Posted 22 February 2006 - 10:23 PM

Dolphins: [singing] So long, and thanks for all the fish / So sad that it should come to this / We tried to warn you all, but, oh, dear / You may not share out intellect / Which might explain your disrespect / For all the natural wonders that grow around you / So long, so long, and thanks for all the fish!
Dolphins: [singing] The world's about to be destroyed / There's no point getting all annoyed / Lie back and let the planet dissolve around you / Despite those nets of tuna fleets / We thought that most of you were sweet / Especially tiny tots and your pregnant women / So long, so long, so long, so long, so long! So long, so long, so long, so long, so long! So long, so long, and thanks for all the fish!
Dolphin: [singing] If I had just one last wish / I would like a tasty fish!
Dolphin: [singing] If we could just change one thing / We would all have learnt to sing!
Dolphins: [singing] Come one and all / Man and mammal / Side by side / In life's great gene pool!
Dolphins: [singing] So long, so long, so long, so long, so long / So long, so long, so long, so long / So long, so long and thanks for all the fish!

That's awesome  grin2.gif   Gotta love HGTTG

"Come down off the cross, we could use the wood." - Tom Waits

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users