Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

The jersey devil

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1    Smeagol1

Smeagol1

Psychic Spy

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,718 posts

Posted 25 February 2006 - 12:42 AM

Ive heard manys stories of this thing I hear it's protecter of the pine barrens I read all documents on the jersey devil

can anyone shed some more light on the subject. ph34r.gif

#2    Immortal Norway

Immortal Norway

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 800 posts

• NP, risen from the snow...

Posted 25 February 2006 - 10:09 AM

can anyone shed some more light on the subject.

Off course: Long time ago there was an woman who had 12 kids and she was so angry and didn`t want anymore so she swored that if she ever got an new kid it should be an devil. Later she got pragnid and borned guess what ?, an devil and since that day the devil has terrorised New Yersey (don`t ask me why) and taken many kids away from people. (Some people also belive that it stolen the independentpapir(i`m not shoore if that word is right))

A second try, a second change...

Oh, and don`t ever make fun of my russian accent English, for Gods sake, i`m a 13yo Norwegian! Don`t expect me to speak this language 100% fluent and expecialy not without tons of grammar and spelling mistakes (Lol, I`m shure there are 6, 7, 8 only in this siggy)...

#3    zoom7500

zoom7500

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 123 posts

Posted 03 March 2006 - 09:47 PM

ive watched a show about it they had where it was said to of been born. the place was burnt down i think

there out there

#4    Shekinah

Shekinah

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 75 posts

Posted 03 March 2006 - 10:58 PM

My husband has my son and himself convinced they saw the darn thing...lol. They were killing time one day driving around the pine barrens in New Jersey.. and saw something big and hairy run through a field..swearing it had a shape that was not normal...meh.. I chastized him for scaring the boy..lolHe swears by his story though..lol

Posted Image

#5    White Wolf

White Wolf

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 05 March 2006 - 08:23 AM

The thing is, I've heard so many variations to this story. A woman's 13th child was born demonic and flew out the chimney; and is thus the Jersey Devil. I kinda feel it's nothing more than El Chupacabra for the east coast LOL. At least with the goat sucker, there have been goats and other similar farm animals found dead and completely exsanguinated

Oh yeah, and Smeagol1, that egg you have in your signature that hatched March 1st, what is it. I mean it's a black egg. Isn't supposed to hatch into a creature or something?

#6    Rare and Unusual Human Creature

Rare and Unusual Human Creature

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 197 posts

Posted 05 March 2006 - 02:57 PM

The thing I never understood about that story is why would she wish for her next child to be a devil? Wouldn't that just make her life harder? "Well, I've got twelve kids. If I have another one then I hope it's a demon! Yheah, that's gonna help matters".

#7    Otacon

Otacon

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 532 posts

• When people lead, the leaders will follow

Posted 07 March 2006 - 01:29 AM

Sounds like a real nice urban legend to me, but you won't find me hanging around the pine barrens without a double barreled shotgun. tongue.gif

This day will go down in History! For the first time, a civilized nation has full gun registration! Our streets will be safer, our police more efficient and the world will follow our lead to the future! -1935 Adolf Hitler

Posted ImagePosted Image

#8    Shekinah

Shekinah

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 75 posts

Posted 07 March 2006 - 10:28 PM

ive watched a show about it they had where it was said to of been born. the place was burnt down i think
Well, as of today, my husbands obsession has grown. He spent ANOTHER day over there(we are from PA) and got close enough to ask a bunch of locals some info.. them claiming the fire department burned the building down to thwart random gawkers like my husband.. my husband found the foundation of the building though.. nothing more...

I have no idea what this proves.. he went touting his camera and knife..LOL!

Edited by Shekinah, 07 March 2006 - 10:30 PM.

Posted Image

#9    Adam_666

Adam_666

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 335 posts

• From the great movie SawII " Oh yes there will be blood".

Posted 09 March 2006 - 07:02 PM

Yeah ibelieve in that, actually i used to look for info on that topic when i was in like eighth grade, i was actully upseesed with the Jersy Devil

Randal Graves: Hey, there is only one Return and it's not of the King, it's of the Jedi.

Clerks II, 2006

#10    Frankthebunny

Frankthebunny

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 19 posts

• Twenty eight days, six hours, forty two minutes, twelve seconds...that is when the world will end...

Posted 10 March 2006 - 08:17 PM

sounds pretty cool, but if you could birth a demon by wishing, we would have a lot more of the things going around. i guess.

Posted Image

Donnie: Why do you wear that stupid bunny suit?
Frank: Why are you wearing that stupid man suit?

#11    SAMURAI-X

SAMURAI-X

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 412 posts

• "I am the wisest man alive,for I know one thing,and that is I know nothing"-Socrates

Posted 07 May 2006 - 02:58 PM

I also watched a couple of shows on the  jersey devil, i sorta remember hearing that a indian put a curse on the woman, not sure though it just something i remember, they also showed the remains of the foundation, they went in search of it that night and don't know what they heard could have been faked but it sounded like a cougar or something and they all took off back to their car, sounded also like something was stalking them

by the way frank one of my fav. movies in donnie darko thumbsup.gif

Edited by SAMURAI-X, 07 May 2006 - 03:00 PM.

The Battousai

Posted Image
"When you're strange, Faces come out of the rain, When you're strange, No one remembers you're name, When you're strange, When you're strange, When you're strange" The Doors

Posted Image
Thanks to Mr. Fahrenheit for the avatar animation and tiddlyjen for the sig

#12    Mr Black

Mr Black

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,354 posts

• If the Avvie made you smile once, i'm happy

Posted 08 May 2006 - 02:16 PM

i heard that the Jersey devil was nothing more than a person who has not evolved into a modern human, but instead chooses to live life as a neandathal back to basics, (so to speak). However how he/it/she could of managed it in this day in age is open for debate.

*WARNING* - Expect typos!

JB FAQ

* I have a dry sense of humour, any sarcasm that offends was not meant to do so.
    * I am a sceptic at heart, however am open minded to new ideas and experiences
    * If i dont reply ive probably lost track of the thread overnight and cannot be bothered to trawl through new posts

#13    Smelly_Cryptozoologist

Smelly_Cryptozoologist

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 22 posts

• "Window Broken, Cause Unkown, Probably Voodoo"

Posted 08 May 2006 - 07:40 PM

S'anyone seen the Jersy devil recently, anyone know?

huh.gif

ELVIS LIVES!

#14    Ferran the Skeptic

Ferran the Skeptic

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 70 posts

Posted 09 May 2006 - 10:45 PM

In preperation for a short story I was writing, I did quite a bit of research into the Jersey Devil.

Little seems to seperate the Devil from other local urban legends at first. Upon further investigation you'll find that THOUSANDS of people reported encounters with the Jersey Devil in a one-week period in 1909.

Most of the good stuff is here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jersey_Devil

However, its a bit dissapointing (and funny) to see what is a commonly accepted representation of the Jersey Devil (found in that link).

After all that hype, he doesnt appear to be very threatening...

#15    Taulha

Taulha

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 105 posts

• I fear nothing paranormal.
    ;D

Posted 10 May 2006 - 12:45 AM

For some reason this story has always scared me. it's like a scary bedtime story. It reminds me of the mothman at times. it's an intresting story, and I guess there are still blood related people still alive and search for teh devil still. Kind of creepy, but I would do that to.

Taulha-Tole'Ha  
Posted Image
Myspace
Deviant art stuff.
I am Morphine. The Genetically Enhanced Zombie Artist!
Rawr!
:3

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users