Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

The jersey devil

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#16    x o i s k

x o i s k

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,184 posts

Posted 10 May 2006 - 01:51 AM

Sounds like a real nice urban legend to me, but you won't find me hanging around the pine barrens without a double barreled shotgun. tongue.gif

I totally agree, I donít want them to find my body all mutilated!

#17    OldTimeRadio

OldTimeRadio

Government Agent

• 3,527 posts

Posted 19 October 2006 - 06:31 AM

In the reports I've encountered of the best-known Jersey Devil "flap," the one from 1909, the creature seems remarkably similar to a pterodactyl.

#18    JMugenDPowerM

JMugenDPowerM

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 20 October 2006 - 02:23 PM

Off course: Long time ago there was an woman who had 12 kids and she was so angry and didn`t want anymore so she swored that if she ever got an new kid it should be an devil. Later she got pragnid and borned guess what ?, an devil and since that day the devil has terrorised New Yersey (don`t ask me why) and taken many kids away from people. (Some people also belive that it stolen the independentpapir(i`m not shoore if that word is right))

your write but theres no to the story then just that, when the day the jd was born it didnt come out normal, from what ive heard it tore up of her stomache cuz it was too big to comeout you know where, it killed the maid and the lady that was helping with the birth and the 12 kids

#19    coldethyl

coldethyl

~☆~Public Animal #9~☆~

• 16,381 posts

• ~*★*~Engine of destruction~*★*~

Posted 20 October 2006 - 03:49 PM

What??  Please elaborate.

#20    John_06Doe

John_06Doe

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 December 2006 - 11:16 PM

I've heard of the Jersey Devil also... about the woman.. she had 12 kids... and she didn't want another child.. so she cursed the 13th child before it was born... and she had another child... and it turned out to be the Jersey Devil... reports say they see a creature.. with glowing red eyes.. out in the woods. Found a pic of a cow carcass on a power line.. people around the area say it was the Jersey Devil that put it there.. but i don't know.

#21    CaitSith

CaitSith

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,199 posts

• http://shadowquesters.proboards.com

Posted 03 December 2006 - 11:36 PM

Its not really an urban legend, since they don't have documented reported sightings. When it comes to urban legends you really don't know when they happened. "A few years back" or "a long time ago," is kind of a standard.

"Science fails to recognize the single most potent element of human existence, Spirit moves through all things." SOAD

Posted Image

#22    John_06Doe

John_06Doe

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 December 2006 - 12:11 AM

Its not really an urban legend, since they don't have documented reported sightings. When it comes to urban legends you really don't know when they happened. "A few years back" or "a long time ago," is kind of a standard.

Yeah... well.. thats just what i heard. I do know alot of urban legends too...

#23    HitMan1263

HitMan1263

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 04 March 2007 - 08:21 PM

I belive i saw the jersey devil when i visited my cousin in hoboken his dog was barking and when we went outside we saw a torso that seemed to be of a man but when it ran away we saw the lower body of a goat we didint see it clearly but we ran back 2 the house that the next morning the dog was dead it wasent anything physical it looked like something scared it into shock

#24    Skeet Ulrich

Skeet Ulrich

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 04 March 2007 - 11:25 PM

My friend's cousin said she looked outside at what she thought was a deer but then saw it stand on its hind legs. She was traumatized by the incident and says it might've been the jersey devil. By the way, she lives in South Jersey.

#25    Skeet Ulrich

Skeet Ulrich

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 04 March 2007 - 11:26 PM

Found a pic of a cow carcass on a power line

Holy crap. Think you can show us?

#26    Hawkmason

Hawkmason

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 298 posts

• Don't Catch me if i fall i may have jumped you never know you don't know me at all

Posted 07 March 2007 - 07:20 PM

i am in the Process of writing a script for the Jersey Devil

Its not gona be like a slasher movie its gona be a mystery movie, like Mothman Prophecy

Don't Catch me if i fall, i may have jumped, you never know you don't know me at all

http://www.myspace.com/mikehawes  my myspace page

#27    oldandugly

oldandugly

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 02:11 AM

View PostHawkmason, on 07 March 2007 - 07:20 PM, said:

i am in the Process of writing a script for the Jersey Devil

Its not gona be like a slasher movie its gona be a mystery movie, like Mothman Prophecy
Hey... I am a descendant of Daniel and Dorothy Leeds... as in the "Leeds Devil" aka the Jersey Devil.  I know the origins of the rumor about my family's past.  And by happens-chance I write screenplays. Talk?

#28    Grimm24

Grimm24

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 83 posts

• The World is Indeed Comic but the Joke is on Mankind - H.P. Lovecraft

Posted 01 June 2012 - 11:00 PM

View PostFrankthebunny, on 10 March 2006 - 08:17 PM, said:

sounds pretty cool, but if you could birth a demon by wishing, we would have a lot more of the things going around. i guess.

I think there was more to it then that lol, I thought there were special curcumstances or what not. Love Donnie Darko by the way. Got it on DVD special edition!

EXODUS-INSANUS-NOCTURNAS

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users