Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

- Introduction To The 5th Edition -

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1    Saru

Saru

Site Webmaster

• 19,998 posts

• "The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious." - Albert Einstein

Posted 04 April 2002 - 08:44 PM

The Encyclopedia Of The Unexplained has been running for four years now, in which time it has undergone a variety of major changes, progressing from a very small personel home page, all the way to unexplained-mysteries.com, it's current and 4th incarnation.

This new forum section has been added for discussions, updates and news regarding the upcoming 5th Edition of the Encyclopedia Of The Unexplained, the biggest and most ambitious incarnation yet. Work has already started on the new site, however it will be some time before it is finished.

This section will also allow me to get your own ideas and suggestions for new sections and material for the new site version, as well as hold polls on whether certain things are a good idea, or should be missed out this time around.

Keep your eyes on this section for all the latest on the development of the new site. All comments, ideas and suggestions will always be welcome, so please feel free to let me know if you have any ideas for new additions, changes or improvements.

:su

#2    Magikman

Magikman

Most Exalted member of the first 15

• 6,280 posts

• "Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum viditur"

Posted 12 April 2002 - 08:54 PM

Gareth,

Great looking main page, very classy.  :su

Well done.  :sk

Magikman  :sq

Skeptical scrutiny is the means, in both science and religion, by which deep insights can be winnowed from deep nonsense. ~ Carl Sagan

"...man has an irrepressible tendency to read meaning into the buzzing confusion of sights and sounds impinging on his senses; and where no agreed meaning can be found, he will provide it out of his own imagination." ~ Arthur Koestler

#3    Homer

Homer

Government Agent

• 3,814 posts

Posted 12 April 2002 - 09:38 PM

WOW SaRuMaN!! A total face lift on the main page! Looks really good. I even like the new streamlined name better. :D

אַ֭תָּה אֱלֹהֵ֣י יִשְׁעִ֑י

#4    Kira

Kira

Government Agent

• 4,183 posts

• Sexiest,
    Prettiest,
    Bloodthirstiest,
    Elf Member of the
    Six Worst Men of the Apfelschnaps.

Thanks TO xx

Posted 13 April 2002 - 02:19 PM

:s01 Wow I'm impressed SuRaMaN well done it looks great :sj

We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.

#5    Loonboy

Loonboy

Poltergeist

• 2,852 posts

Posted 13 April 2002 - 08:05 PM

[blue]A design and style truly befitting the twenty-first century... well done... :se

Where are the links, by the way, or am I being thick?
[/blue] :s9

Do what you want and be what you feel. Because after all, those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't 'mind.

Work hard, keep the ceremonies, live peacably, and unite your hearts. Hopi

Listen to the voice of nature, for it holds treasures for you. Huron

The soul would have no rainbow if the eyes had no tears. Minquass

#6    Saru

Saru

Site Webmaster

• 19,998 posts

• "The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious." - Albert Einstein

Posted 13 April 2002 - 08:16 PM

Thanks for all your comments.  :)

LB,

The web site links page has been partly replaced by the search engine, but will be back once I've finished applying the new design to it. Half the links on it didn't work anyway, so it needs to be checked out so that all the links work. ( Your site will still be on it though. )  8)

:su

#7    Tommy

Tommy

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,846 posts

Posted 14 April 2002 - 08:17 PM

WOW  :o

Great new look Gareth!!  :s06

"Superstition created all the gods and angels, all the devils and ghosts, all the witches, demons and goblins, gave us all the augurs, soothsayers and prophets, filled the heavens with signs and wonders, broke the chain of cause and effect, and wrote the history of man in miracles and lies" ~ Robert Green Ingersoll

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users