Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Canada's high court allows Sikh daggers in sc

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#31    Fluffybunny

Fluffybunny

Forum Divinity

• 14,136 posts

• "Of all the tyrannies that affect mankind, tyranny in religion is the worst."
    Thomas Paine

Posted 03 March 2006 - 04:48 AM

Well, ceremonial or not, I would not want this blade to be carried by a student at a school for religous reasons or not...

[attachmentid=23712]

I wonder where the line is drawn? The kkk are incredibly religous and carry weapons to every single ceremony they have to show the force that they have to support their point.

If they choose to say that their interpretation of christianity should allow them to carry pistols, should that be allowed to happen as well?

It is just too much of a slippery slope in my opinion. We as a society cannot continue to allow a religion to force it's beliefs on society at large especially when those beliefs are illegal.

Attached Files

Too many people on both sides of the spectrum have fallen into this mentality that a full one half of the country are the enemy for having different beliefs...in a country based on freedom of expression. It is this infighting that allows the focus to be taken away from "we the people" being able to watch, and have control over government corruption and ineptitude that is running rampant in our leadership.

People should be working towards fixing problems, not creating them.

#32    MrVelvet

MrVelvet

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 352 posts

Posted 03 March 2006 - 11:05 PM

This is stupidity to the nth degree...It's one thing to allow responsible adults with the knives, but to allow a child???  This is PC run amuck..The Canadian courts should tell the parents "Sorry, but this isn't India anymore Toto...deal with it..and no, your kid cannot be packing a blade when he comes to school..like it or not"  Why is it that western society must always bend when it comes to other societies (mostly eastern) but it seems that the other societies (again eastern) are completely intolerant when it comes to western values???  Sometimes, we just have to tell them NO..live with it, you now live in a western society, so either live with our rules or go back 'from wence thou came'.  I'm not trying to be heavy-handed, I'm just tired of my way of life always having to capitulate in order to appease those who aren't from here, but wish to change our way of life once they get here.   If their society is so great, why the hell are they here??? (I know, I know-I'm not Canadian-but I still have to deal with the same type of stupidity in American courts). If anything, give the little snots cardboard blades and tell them to pretend it's real... wink2.gif

Edited by MrVelvet, 03 March 2006 - 11:36 PM.

#33    Thanato

Thanato

Government Agent

• 4,060 posts

Posted 04 March 2006 - 12:45 AM

It was the 'kid' who took it to the Supream Courts.

~Thanato

"Your toast has been burnt, and no amount of scrapping will remove the black parts!" ~Caboose

"I will eat your unhappyness!" ~Caboose

"Freedom isn't bought in stores, it is bought on battlefields." ~Thanato

#34    MrVelvet

MrVelvet

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 352 posts

Posted 04 March 2006 - 01:16 AM

It was the 'kid' who took it to the Supream Courts.

~Thanato

Sad state of affairs.. mad.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users