Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Which system is best?

• Please log in to reply
67 replies to this topic

Poll: In your opinion, which is the best video game system? (27 member(s) have cast votes)

In your opinion, which is the best video game system?

1. Gamecube (7 votes [25.93%])

Percentage of vote: 25.93%

2. Playstation 2 (8 votes [29.63%])

Percentage of vote: 29.63%

3. Xbox (6 votes [22.22%])

Percentage of vote: 22.22%

4. Still have Dreamcast (1 votes [3.70%])

Percentage of vote: 3.70%

5. Snes, Genesis (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

6. Other (5 votes [18.52%])

Percentage of vote: 18.52%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#16    Cufflink

Cufflink

Poltergeist

• 2,234 posts

• For you, Baby, I could be

Posted 15 September 2003 - 02:13 PM

QUOTE (Pious Augustus @ Sep 15 2003, 12:05 PM)
Although I know that the longer the wait the better the game will be...  thumbsup.gif

Bless you, Pious, you optimist, you.  wink2.gif

You've obviously not seen the new Tomb Raider.

We've waited several ice ages for it, and though it breaks my heart to say it, it's pants.  (sob)  crying.gif  

Posted Image
Posted Image

In case...two words, not one Posted Image

#17    Engulf

Engulf

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,436 posts

• "The wise only speaks when it is right, while the fool always speaks as though he is right."

Posted 15 September 2003 - 02:51 PM

QUOTE (Cufflink @ Sep 15 2003, 02:13 PM)
Bless you, Pious, you optimist, you.  wink2.gif

You've obviously not seen the new Tomb Raider.

We've waited several ice ages for it, and though it breaks my heart to say it, it's pants.  (sob)  crying.gif

laugh.gif have to agree with you cufflink.i've been waiting for Angel of Darkness since i last played TR:Chronicles (PS1),and sadly......the game's just gone all crappy sad.gif  

"Remember the truth is not for everyone - most people just do not want to know." --Robert Morningsky

"Since you are like no other being ever created since the beginning of time, you are incomparible." --Brenda Ueland

"Knowledge is strength, ignorance does not grant you any immunity." --Purple Crow

"I do not see any sin in the world, but I see a great deal of ignorance." --George Sand

#18    dementedsniper

dementedsniper

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 26 posts

• "I dont have a snipergun. Im .......
    *coff*

Posted 15 September 2003 - 03:15 PM

Playstation2 is the best !!!!!!!!! thumbsup.gif  thumbsup.gif  thumbsup.gif  thumbsup.gif

Gamecube is a piece of sh*t!!!!!

"I will be hiding in the dark ready to kill you!"

"I will Be ready two SNIPE u Out To Night!"

" I repeat this is not a threat to you"

#19    Engulf

Engulf

Psychic Spy

• 1,436 posts

• "The wise only speaks when it is right, while the fool always speaks as though he is right."

Posted 15 September 2003 - 03:30 PM

QUOTE (dementedsniper @ Sep 15 2003, 03:15 PM)
Playstation2 is the best !!!!!!!!! thumbsup.gif  thumbsup.gif  thumbsup.gif  thumbsup.gif

Gamecube is a piece of sh*t!!!!!

yippies to dementedsniper!! bounce.gif  bounce.gif  bounce.gif  laugh.gif

don't you just think it's such a big waste that Gamecube took the rest of the main Resident Evil titles away,i mean they should really stick the rest of the titles to PS2. sad.gif  

"Remember the truth is not for everyone - most people just do not want to know." --Robert Morningsky

"Since you are like no other being ever created since the beginning of time, you are incomparible." --Brenda Ueland

"Knowledge is strength, ignorance does not grant you any immunity." --Purple Crow

"I do not see any sin in the world, but I see a great deal of ignorance." --George Sand

#20    Mr. Salt

Mr. Salt

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 127 posts

• Do you think that I'm crazy?
    Good I do too!

Posted 15 September 2003 - 05:44 PM

I am a PS2 nut. But heres my view. Even though I am a PS2 nut, that doesnt mean its the best system. Personaly I think X-box is the best system out right now. Its got those heavy hitters, such as HALO (and soon to come: HALO2) The gamecube is the 3rd best system right now. They keep making soft games, with cartoony graphics. Most people want a good shooter, or fighting game. The PS2 is 2nd. Its got good games. The Square is working for Sony. FF games are a huge hit, despite how many they have released. (Oh yeah, cant forget MGS1 and 2!) The problem with the PS2 is its not coming out with any GOOD origianal games. They keep coming out with sequals! The X-box is in 1st mostly because of HALO. HALO is a shockingly brilliant game. And with an upcoming HALO2, the other companies will have a hard time keeping up!

But overall, it comes down to this one conclusion. It doesnt matter if a system is the best or worst. You have your own personality, and you like what you like. Hell, if you like E.T. for Atari, thats your decision. It doesnt matter to you that oter people call it the worst game ever!

The grass is always greener... when you mow it! - ME

Some stars are invisible to the naked eye, but mines dressed! - ME

A penny saved is 99 more cents until you have a dollar! - ME

#21    spyro_86

spyro_86

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 311 posts

• If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

Posted 15 September 2003 - 06:40 PM

I'd say X Box but I used to think ps2 because once you get it chipped, install a hard drive and flash the chip you can get all the games, movies, emulators and roms you could ever want, as well as play online for free.

<(*-*)>

The moment you are born you begin to die. The lesson is life is unfair.

#22    dementedsniper

dementedsniper

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 26 posts

• &quot;I dont have a snipergun. Im .......
    *coff*

Posted 15 September 2003 - 11:17 PM

Did you guys & gals know that Sony is giving Xbox GTA Vice city!!
po.gif  po.gif  po.gif  po.gif

Xbox is a piece of Sh*t also!

ps2 shold keep GTA to them selves

"I will be hiding in the dark ready to kill you!"

"I will Be ready two SNIPE u Out To Night!"

" I repeat this is not a threat to you"

#23    Cufflink

Cufflink

Poltergeist

• 2,234 posts

• For you, Baby, I could be

Posted 16 September 2003 - 02:20 AM

QUOTE (dementedsniper @ Sep 15 2003, 11:17 PM)
Did you guys & gals know that Sony is giving Xbox GTA Vice city!!

It's Rockstar who own the GTA franchise.

And if the Xbox players do get it, it's still ages after us PS2 players.

The people behind Rockstar are good businessmen.  GTA won't leave Sony's machines, because of the huge, largely mature user base.

Posted Image
Posted Image

In case...two words, not one Posted Image

#24    bigsteff

bigsteff

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 312 posts

Posted 16 September 2003 - 08:41 AM

don't know about the rest...but ps2 is quiet good...

althought having had it for just over a year,,it's making wierd noises now and sometimes doesn't read the disc,,,,, disgust.gif  

#25    Engulf

Engulf

Psychic Spy

• 1,436 posts

Posted 16 September 2003 - 10:59 AM

yup,agree with cufflink.the Rockstar guys just wanna expand thier business and moreover it,it wouldn't effect us PS2 owners about the game because it's really quite a long time since the actual GTA:VC was released for the PS2,so while we're looking forward to the sequel to GTA:VC,X-Box owners are looking forward to the release of GTA:VC in the console. blink.gif

final say,don't sweat it dementedsniper.we're gonna have the final laugh!! devil.gif  

#26    TheOracle

TheOracle

Psychic Spy

• 1,031 posts

• Artistic, quiet, musician Member of the
    Six Worst Men of the Apfelschnaps.

Ad mortem fidelis.

Posted 16 September 2003 - 11:15 AM

Dream on Fellas wink2.gif  X Box ROX !!! cool.gif

Never play Leap Frog with a Unicorn.

#27    Engulf

Engulf

Psychic Spy

• 1,436 posts

Posted 16 September 2003 - 11:54 AM

QUOTE (TheOracle @ Sep 16 2003, 11:15 AM)
Dream on Fellas wink2.gif  X Box ROX !!! cool.gif

laugh.gif  laugh.gif
anyway,you got details about Halo 2?heard that it's double the blaster Halo has!!

#28    TheOracle

TheOracle

Psychic Spy

• 1,031 posts

• Artistic, quiet, musician Member of the
    Six Worst Men of the Apfelschnaps.

Ad mortem fidelis.

Posted 16 September 2003 - 12:03 PM

Hi Engulf original.gif  Halo 2 is going to be all that and more. The thing I am looking forward to the most is the changes that are being made with the AI. You will have full interactivity with the environment, and I mean FULL interactivity.

Never play Leap Frog with a Unicorn.

#29    Pious Augustus

Pious Augustus

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 181 posts

Posted 16 September 2003 - 01:21 PM

But overall, it comes down to this one conclusion. It doesnt matter if a system is the best or worst. You have your own personality, and you like what you like. Hell, if you like E.T. for Atari, thats your decision. It doesnt matter to you that oter people call it the worst game ever!

Well said Mr. Salt! Upon reading each post, it really becomes more obvious that it is more of a personal preference type of thing. However, what I dont understand is why so much animosity toward X Box? its a great system, as with all the others listed, each system has something different about it that, personally, I find it impossible to choose one over the other...

Halo 2 is going to be all that and more. The thing I am looking forward to the most is the changes that are being made with the AI.You will have full interactivity with the environment, and I mean FULL interactivity.

Oh yeah! I cant wait!!!  grin2.gif

Hey Oracle, do you happen to know if there is going to be a 4 player co-op mode?

"Ballad of Serenity"
Take my love, take my land
Take me where I cannot stand
I dont care, I'm still free
You cant take the sky from me...
Take me out to the black
Tell them I ain't comin' back
Burn the land and boil the sea
You can't take the sky from me
There's no place I can be
Since I found Serenity
But you can't take the sky from me

#30    Engulf

Engulf

Psychic Spy

• 1,436 posts

Posted 16 September 2003 - 03:49 PM

QUOTE (TheOracle @ Sep 16 2003, 12:03 PM)
Hi Engulf original.gif  Halo 2 is going to be all that and more. The thing I am looking forward to the most is the changes that are being made with the AI. You will have full interactivity with the environment, and I mean FULL interactivity.

ohmy.gif that's just.....fantastic!!! w00t.gif  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users