Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Worst Serial Killer Of All Time

• Please log in to reply
416 replies to this topic

#31    louie

louie

Alien Abducter

• 4,844 posts

• The greatest sceptics are normally the biggest sheep. Anon

Posted 09 March 2006 - 03:33 PM

The story of Ed Gein was particularly disturbing when I first read it. He was the inspiration for Leatherface (from Texas Chainsaw Massacre), I believe.

Ed Gein was the inspiration for physco

www.tmblive.com
If you dont know what it is, it must be art.

#32    __Kratos__

__Kratos__

-Staring-

• 25,876 posts

Posted 10 March 2006 - 12:45 AM

My vote still goes to Countess Elizabeth Bathory. As she brutally tortured and killed hundres of young women. The number that was counted was over 600 but nobody knows for sure and I believe the number could yet be much higher.  ph34r.gif

"Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away." ~Philip K. Dick

#33    Yelekiah

Yelekiah

Calcinatio des Königs

• 10,541 posts

Posted 10 March 2006 - 12:53 AM

some trucker in a rest area caught the snipers not forensics  

A lot of people get caught due to forensics as well. yes.gif

Posted Image

#34    __Kratos__

__Kratos__

-Staring-

• 25,876 posts

Posted 10 March 2006 - 01:17 AM

A lot of people get caught due to forensics as well. yes.gif

Less and less now. tongue.gif I saw on the news last week a group saying shows like CSI are making smarter criminals.  ph34r.gif

"Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away." ~Philip K. Dick

#35    Yelekiah

Yelekiah

Calcinatio des Königs

• 10,541 posts

Posted 10 March 2006 - 01:23 AM

That is to be expected, but not all the techniques are open to the public.
They had a documentary on forensics on A&E. The technology is advancing, which is also to be expected.

Posted Image

#36    frogfish

frogfish

ஆங்கிலத்த&

• 11,142 posts

• Flyfishing -- the Art of the Gods

Posted 10 March 2006 - 01:39 AM

Forensics are still the best way to catch criminals, if not the best for obtaining warrants.

Edited by frogfish, 10 March 2006 - 01:39 AM.

-Frogfish-
Posted Image
Researcher-Prostate Cancer Oncogene Research
University of Michigan Comprehensive Cancer Center

The National Center for Biotech Information
My Photo Gallery: Capturing India

Fishing is a Way of Life!

#37    et's daddy

et's daddy

believer of the possible

• 2,611 posts

• the truth isnt out there
    its right here

Posted 10 March 2006 - 01:49 AM

Forensics are still the best way to catch criminals, if not the best for obtaining warrants.

stupid criminals is the best way to catch criminals  grin2.gif

#38    DaKong

DaKong

Funky Munky/Alpha Ape

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,237 posts

• Let's make a sandwich. I can be the peanut butter and you can be the jelly.

Posted 10 March 2006 - 01:49 AM

I'm still on Charles Whitman- committed the largest single mass murder ever. Also known as "The Sniper In The Tower"

Randomly posting one forum at a time.
Imma postin ur fohrums, lolz.

#39    Perfect Imperfection

Perfect Imperfection

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 502 posts

• This is your life, and it's ending one minute at a time

Posted 10 March 2006 - 02:36 PM

Fred and Rosemary West

#40    Ebony

Ebony

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 185 posts

Posted 10 March 2006 - 08:10 PM

Finally!! A forum where I actually know what I'm talking about for sure...

There are some really excellent ones here already, so I'm going to go and add one no one's mentioned yet- Joachim Kroll.

The information on the net is not brilliant and quite a lot of it is innaccurate and tamer than the reality. I've studied his case (and many, many others) and even used him in my last thesis. He truly was twisted...calculating, rational, logical, motivated, sexually deviated. The works, basically.

Someone a little older and very fitting for the entire forum as the residence is a renowned haunting- Madame LaLaurie.

It is accepted that in all probability LaLaurie's crimes were blown out of proportion, but to be honest they had to be bad enough to stir these kind of rumours in the first place, especially considering the time frame.

#41    _Nyx_

_Nyx_

Forum Divinity

• Closed
  • 11,262 posts

Posted 10 March 2006 - 09:43 PM

Javed Iqbal

On March 16, 2000, a Pakistani court in Lahore sentenced serial child killer Javed Iqbal to death, saying he would be strangled in front of the parents whose children he was convicted of murdering. Judge Allah Baksh Ranja added that Iqbal's body "will then be cut into a 100 pieces and put in acid the same way you killed the children." His three accomplices, including a 13-year-old boy identified only as Sabir, also were found guilty. Sabir was sentenced to 42 years in jail; the other two accomplices were sentenced to death.

Iqbal, 42, initially confessed to the killings in a letter last year to police. He said he strangled the children, dismembered their bodies and placed them in a vat of acid. He later recanted his confession. Police found the remains of two bodies in a blue vat in his home after his arrest. Police also found pictures of 100 children whom Iqbal in his letter confessed to having killed. They also found clothes belonging to the young victims. Previously, the worst killing in akistani history was in mid-1980s when dozens of people were killed in the Punjab, Sindh and North West Frontier provinces in a series of mysterious night attacks that police blamed on a so-called "hammer group." The attackers broke into houses and bludgeoned victims to death with hammers. They were never found.

Parents of missing children were contacted to sort through clothes and pictures to try to identify their missing children. Most were identified, but police did not recover any bodies. The search for Iqbal was one of the largest manhunts in Pakistan. On December 30 Iqbal walked into the Lahore office of a leading newspaper and turned himself in. He refused to go directly to the police, saying he feared for his life. During his trial, the child killer testified that he was only a witness to the killings. He said his earlier confession was sent as a message to the parents of the missing children, whom he accused of neglect.

Iqbal wrote in his letter to the police that he killed the children, who were mostly beggars, in retaliation for the abuse they inflicted on him following a previous arrest when he was accused of sodomy. He claimed he had been wrongly picked up and badly beaten while in police custody. Curiously, and I guess generously, he also claimed to have killed the street children to highlight their plight. During his six-month killing spree, Iqbal kept a detailed account of the murders, listing his victims' names, ages and the dates of their deaths. He also kept their shoes and bundles of their clothing. Healso recorded the exact cost of disposing of each kid. "In terms of expense, including the acid, it coast me 120 rupees ($2.40) to erase each victim," he wrote.

A week after his sentencing, a Pakistan's top religious said the planned execution of serial killer Javed Iqbal went against Islamic tenets. Though the sentence of the killer called for his body to be cut into 100 pieces and dissolved in a vat of acid, the Council of Islamic Ideology said that would desecrate the killer's body, which would go against the Islamic teaching of respect for the body of the deceased.

On October 25, 2001, the Iqbal and Sabir were found dead in their cell from apparent poinsoning. Their apparent suicides -- as declared by prison authorities -- came just four days after the country's highest Islamic Court had agreed to hear their appeal against the death sentence. Iqbal had voiced fears after his conviction that police would kill him. His lawyer said Iqbal was victim of a police conspiracy. Jail officials said Iqbal had twice made abortive suicide attempts in the past.
source

"I could have killed five hundred, this was not a problem. But the pledge I had taken was one hundred children, and I did not want to violate this. My mother had cried for me. I wanted one hundred mothers to cry for their children."
-Javed Iqbal

There's a special place in hell for those who harm children...... disgust.gif

Edited by _Nyx_, 10 March 2006 - 09:43 PM.

#42    Trix

Trix

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 168 posts

Posted 10 March 2006 - 09:49 PM

the worst killers are the killers that kill and then kill themselfs  hmm.gif

#43    Yelekiah

Yelekiah

Calcinatio des Königs

• 10,541 posts

Posted 10 March 2006 - 10:11 PM

Serial killers rarely kill themselves. And yes, I agree that that is a bad thing. Actually I can't recall a serial killer that committed suicide. I know there's one but the name totally escapes me.

Posted Image

#44    distortedpandy

distortedpandy

Alien Abducter

• 5,291 posts

Posted 10 March 2006 - 11:33 PM

Didn't Robert Leroy Anderson commit suicide?

#45    _Nyx_

_Nyx_

Forum Divinity

• Closed
  • 11,262 posts

Posted 10 March 2006 - 11:56 PM

Joe Ball committed suicide.....

Herb Baumeister killed himself as well....

original.gif

Not sure about Anderson, though.....I can keep looking... yes.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users