Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Worst Serial Killer Of All Time

• Please log in to reply
416 replies to this topic

#61    __Kratos__

__Kratos__

-Staring-

• 25,876 posts

• As darkness falls, night unfolds ebony wings to wrap the world in it's dark embrace.

Posted 25 March 2006 - 07:37 PM

Well Vlad usually had people do that for him. But he is considered a mass murderer, not a serial killer.

Yeah, he was one cruel son of a .....! He did some of his own handy work and ordered men to do the rest.

Also, what he did could be considered war crimes which the thread excludes. tongue.gif

"Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away." ~Philip K. Dick

"Passion, peace. Strength, knowledge. Power, serenity. Victory, harmony. Freedom, the Force." ~Ashara Zavros

#62    Twisted_Dragon

Twisted_Dragon

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 87 posts

• "Paradise. He's building a paradise. And I'm playing the part of the Serpent?"

Posted 25 March 2006 - 08:48 PM

I found this guy pretty disturbing

HERMAN MUDGETT (AKA H. H. HOLMES)-  200+ murders
Place: Chicago    Date: 1890s    Victims: Boarding house guests
'Dr Holmes' started out stealing corpses from the University of Michigan and moved onto Chicago, where he made o fortune with a chain of drug stores.  He used his wealth to build a 100 room house full of gas chambers, trap doors, acid vats, lime pits and secret doors.  During the 1893 World Fair he rented rooms and killed most of their occupants, moving on to attracting women to his home, forcing them to sign over their savings and then throwing them down an elevator shaft before gassing them.   When plice rumbled him, he burned his torture castle down.  The remains of over 200 victims were found in the ruins.  Mudgett became the first celebrity psycho in the US after a sensational trial.  He was hanged on 7 May 1896.

Posted Image

#63    IhartU

IhartU

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 196 posts

Posted 28 March 2006 - 03:35 PM

Andrei Chikatilo gets my vote for the worst serial killer ever. There is an excellent book about him- Camrade Chikatilo The Psychopathology of Russia's Notorious Serial Killer by Mikhail Krivich and Ol'gert Ol'gin. This man was just sick!

I also think that the Green River Killer is perhaps one of the worst- after all , it took how many years to catch him? Dennis Nilsen was a pretty inventive serial killer, cutting up his victims and flushing them down the toilet. Ted Bundy started off as a pretty smart killer, but got pretty sloppy as he escalated. Gacy was stupid for keeping the bodies in his house, he should have kept dumping them in the water, how did he live in that house? THE SMELL!!  Dahmer- what can I say? One of the worst most deffinately, drugging people, drilling holes in their heads and pouring acid in the wound, keeping flesh in the freezer and a skeleton in his shower-insane!  wacko.gif

There are soooooo many notorious killers. How sad! crying.gif

#64    Yelekiah

Yelekiah

Calcinatio des Königs

• 10,541 posts

Posted 29 March 2006 - 04:12 AM

I forgot about Holmes. that guy was...creative. huh.gif

Posted Image

#65    ValkyrieVoice

ValkyrieVoice

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,439 posts

• "Bubble, Bubble Toil And Trouble;
    Fire Burn, And Cauldron Bubble.
    Double, Double Toil And Trouble
    Something Wicked This Way Comes."

Posted 29 March 2006 - 08:48 AM

I think the worst killer of all time was the Zodiac.

Attached Files

• Attached File  246.gif   202.99K   33 downloads

"You Look Up When You Feel The Need For Elevation And I Look Down Because I Am Elevated. ..."

Thus Spake Zarathustra

-Friedrich Wilhelm Nietzsche

#66    Space Suit

Space Suit

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 30 March 2006 - 05:16 PM

Richard Chase. You can read about him on wikipedia because I don't have the stomach to repeat his atrocious crimes on here.

#67    BKB

BKB

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 30 March 2006 - 06:31 PM

My vote would go for Gille De Rais, Marshall of France during the early 15th century, Abused, raped and killed hundreds of young boys in his castle. By all accounts he was a lunatic

Edited by BKB, 30 March 2006 - 06:31 PM.

#68    Yelekiah

Yelekiah

Calcinatio des Königs

• 10,541 posts

Posted 30 March 2006 - 11:18 PM

Richard Chase the schizophrenic blood drinker?
He had problems.
But the worst ones imo are the psychopaths that are driven for other motives. Chase, if I'm not mistaken, was paranoid that if he didn't drink blood, his would turn into powder.

Posted Image

#69    theGhost_and_theDarkness

theGhost_and_theDarkness

Tsavo Maneater

• 1,914 posts

• Death is not the greatest loss in life. The greatest loss is what dies inside us while we live. - Norman Cousins

Posted 31 March 2006 - 07:41 PM

I had forgotten about the Beanes until I read the story on here. I remember going out and renting the original version of the movie (The Hills Have Eyes) right after reading about it. . .it's amazing and disturbing  that they lived like that. . .

I do like Elizabeth Bathori (aka the blood countess). . .but the Zodiac Killer would have to get my vote, mainly because of the mystery around him and the fact that he was never caught. . .

Edit: I had forgotten about "HH Holmes", also. . . That was an extremely fascinating case. ..I was just trying to remember his name the other day when my husband and I were talking about strange murder cases. . .

Edited by Sweetsalem82103, 31 March 2006 - 08:03 PM.

"To be conscious that you are ignorant is a great step to knowledge." ~ Benjamin Disraeli

#70    portez

portez

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 April 2006 - 10:42 PM

Are you kidding me I don't understand why nobody has said Henry Lee Lucas & Ottis Toole.  You could even say that jimmy jones was the worst killer of all time but the person that just scared the people to death was charles manson.  But out of all the people talked about the only one that ever used dead bodies to get money holmes has to be the weirdest he is already rich and he pulls insurance scams must be something wrong with that fellow.  And to top it all off how bout Pee Wee Gaskins who was said to be the meanest killer of all time...can't be easy getting that tittle.

Edited by portez, 04 April 2006 - 10:53 PM.

#71    LostLittleGirl

LostLittleGirl

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 590 posts

Posted 19 April 2006 - 08:06 PM

Serial killers rarely kill themselves. And yes, I agree that that is a bad thing. Actually I can't recall a serial killer that committed suicide. I know there's one but the name totally escapes me.

Harold Shipman and Fred West killed themsleves. They were both serial killers.

As for my vote I say Pedro Lopeez, AKA, The Monster of the Andes. He is suspect of killing over 300 girls.

Edited by LostLittleGirl, 19 April 2006 - 08:07 PM.

#72    najaesouljah

najaesouljah

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 217 posts

• Faith is the belief in things unseen.

Posted 20 April 2006 - 03:22 PM

The story of Ed Gein was particularly disturbing when I first read it. He was the inspiration for Leatherface (from Texas Chainsaw Massacre), I believe.

I just read a book about Ed Gein.  I think he has my vote for worst serial killer of all time.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#73    najaesouljah

najaesouljah

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 217 posts

• Faith is the belief in things unseen.

Posted 20 April 2006 - 03:24 PM

I think my favorite serial killer would have to be Jack the Ripper .  There was also a pretty disgusting serial killer in my home town called " The Zoo Man".   devil.gif

Edited by najaesouljah, 20 April 2006 - 03:26 PM.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#74    colorless

colorless

Psychic Spy

• 1,480 posts

Posted 20 April 2006 - 04:36 PM

John Wayne Gacy gives me the creeps.

#75    LostLittleGirl

LostLittleGirl

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 590 posts

Posted 20 April 2006 - 08:30 PM

John Wayne Gacy gives me the creeps.

The clown killer gives alot of people the creeps. I heard of this on guy who has some paintings by him. Gacy did a portiat (sp?) of his son for the kid's 3rd birthday.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users