Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Did we land on the moon

• Please log in to reply
295 replies to this topic

#31    psyche101

psyche101

The Customer.

• 38,330 posts

• If you stop to think, Remember to start again

Posted 09 March 2006 - 05:12 AM

So, on the original topic - why is it we could not have hoaxed the initial Moon Landing in order to televise it to the world to show how America beat Russia in the space race?

I have no idea if this actually happened or not, but considering the tension during the cold war, it certainly seems entirely possible that a hoax was pulled off. We may have been up hours/days/weeks later than originally planned, and I think it is ridiculous to believe that we have never been to the Moon. As shown in this thread, there is far too much evidence to the contrary.
There is certainly some real funny 'faked landing' clips getting around the net.

Warned of??? You think Aliens may be territorial? Don't come near my Moon? alien.gif  angry.gif  What is this theory?

Not that it really matters anyways. We have been, not much to see, built a dud spacecraft we are stuck with for a few decades because it blew the budgets horrendously, and nobody will give that sort of trust again easily. Makes sense why we did not go back, not like it is shrouded in Jungles, so nothing to explore, it has no atmosphere, so the idea of life ever existing there as we know it is unlikely. What could we gain, more resources to plunder maybe, but we still have some of those left here on earth........ innocent.gif

Prospector found elevated levels of hydrogen -- a component of water -- around the moon's poles, with the highest readings in the perpetually shaded craters. But the evidence for ice was indirect.

Edited by psyche101, 09 March 2006 - 05:14 AM.

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants. - Sir Isaac Newton Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit. - Ed Stewart Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Dr Who

#32    jinty

jinty

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 09 March 2006 - 11:05 AM

In my opinion the US  didn't land on the moon, there's too much evidence to say that humans have never set foot there.

#33    Fallen

Fallen

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 186 posts

Posted 09 March 2006 - 02:07 PM

Then how did the American Flag get there? Did we launch it perfectly to stick into the lunar surface???

Hey if Astronauts took first step and it was all filmed wasnt it the camera man on the Moon first or did they overlook that and expected everyone else on Earth to do the same?

#34    Harks

Harks

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 711 posts

• Forget Everything and Do Not Listern to Anyone, because you still have a chance to LIVE your own life.

Posted 09 March 2006 - 02:47 PM

Reason #5 -- Things Left Behind on the Moon
"corner cube retroreflector arrays."
The Soviet Union and France also deposited a retroreflector on the Moon using an unmanned spacecraft, Lunakhod 2.

tongue.gif Now I was reading up on this, and from the impression I got is that NASA could have sent unmanned probes up to the moon like Russia, to deposit these cubes. It is also funny that Russia sent the same thing to the Moon.
No one has been to the Moon since 1972. Wow, if a country can spend billions of dollars on nuclear technology and not take advantage of a nuclear base on the moon would be a fool. The cost of the space programs is very small compared to the arms build up. gunsmilie.gif

blink.gif Why didn't the Russian's follow up their program? You can say that they failed, but if I know Russia they would not let the US beat them, look at the first space launches. Maybe they knew that it was impossible to go to the Moon without an electromagnetic field, or one foot of lead shielding around the space craft. This would protect humans from the solar radiation, this technology does not exist yet (publicly maybe), but thankfully the Earth does it naturally. This is also why all Astronauts since the so-called Apollo missions never left the earth’s magnetic field. Titanium alloys are light and give good protection so we might see some real lunar landings.
Also what about extreme temperature change, how do suits and air conditioners keep up with that on the Moon? rofl.gif

Posted Image

#35    TK0001

TK0001

THIMK!!!

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,807 posts

Posted 09 March 2006 - 03:07 PM

I think that also applies to 9/11, impossible to cover up something that would take so many people to pull off

A common misperception. A very small amount of people would have to know the full story, and the rest would just do their jobs as they are told or do it under false pretenses. For example: the people flying the planes into the towers may have thought they did it for Allah (and for Al-Qaeda), but what if someone were controlling Al-Qaeda? They'd never know.

Sorry to take it off track.

#36    Essan

Essan

Recruitment Agent for the 'B' Ark

• 2,365 posts

• Stop Climate Change: Plant a Rain Forest Today!

Posted 09 March 2006 - 03:26 PM

The problem if the Moon landings were all hoaxes is that before the US - or China -  land on the Moon again, the hoaxers will have to secretly land on the Moon themselves in order to plant all the stuff that was supposedly left there in the 60s and 70s......

And in any case, we know someone has been to the Moon - where else would all the cheddar and gorgonzola come from, if not from the alien's cheese mines there?  tongue.gif

Andy

Weather & Earth Science News
The independent climate blog

#37    Waspie_Dwarf

Waspie_Dwarf

Space Cadet

• 34,219 posts

• We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.

Oscar Wilde

Posted 09 March 2006 - 03:39 PM

Hey if Astronauts took first step and it was all filmed wasnt it the camera man on the Moon first or did they overlook that and expected everyone else on Earth to do the same?

I really hope that you are joking!

If the US had faked the moon landing how come the USSR didn't blow the whistle. The spacecraft could easily be tracked by the Soviet Union as easily as by the US. The Saturn V upper stage with Apollo spacecraft attached is, to this day, the biggest object placed in orbit by a single launch. The radar systems of the US and the USSR can track objects as small as a screw driver. There is no way that the Soviet Union could not have known what the US was up to.

"Space is big. Really big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind-boggingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the street to the chemist, but that's just peanuts to space." - The Hitch-Hikers Guide to the Galaxy - Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

Posted Image
Click on button

#38    TK0001

TK0001

THIMK!!!

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,807 posts

Posted 09 March 2006 - 03:55 PM

And in any case, we know someone has been to the Moon - where else would all the cheddar and gorgonzola come from, if not from the alien's cheese mines there?  tongue.gif

Damn good point.  thumbsup.gif

Case closed.

#39    Waspie_Dwarf

Waspie_Dwarf

Space Cadet

• 34,219 posts

• We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.

Oscar Wilde

Posted 09 March 2006 - 04:05 PM

blink.gif Why didn't the Russian's follow up their program? You can say that they failed, but if I know Russia they would not let the US beat them, look at the first space launches. Maybe they knew that it was impossible to go to the Moon without an electromagnetic field, or one foot of lead shielding around the space craft.

The foot of shielding myth is untrue except in the circumstances of a solar storm.

If the USSR knew that a manned mission to the moon was impossible why didn't they say so. Instead they spent billions of Rubles on a programme to beat tje US to the moon and then spent decades trying to cover it up when it failed.

The USSR tried to build a Saturn V class rocket called the N1. At the time the USSR could not build an engine as powerful as the F1 engine on the Saturn V first stage. Instead of 5 engines it used 30. This produced a nightmare of plunbing. Between 1969 and 1972 all 4 launch attempts ended catastrophically. None of the N1s lasted more than 107 seconds.

The Soviets may have attempted to beat the US to the Moon but they failed. As a result they denied the existance of the N1, despite it's existance being well known, in fact it was nick-named Webbs Giant in the west after the NASA Administrator who made it public. After the break up of the Soviet Union the Russian government admitted the failed moon programme, showing of the Russian lunar Module for the first time.

Some questions for the non-believers:

If the US had the capabillity to launch all the equipment to the moon needed to fake the moon landing how is it thet weren't able to put people on board.

Why did the US kill 3 astronauts in the Apollo 1 fire if the programme was fake.

Why did the US fake a failed mission, namely Apollo 13.

One final thing. Watch the Apollo film footage. Pay careful attention to the dust being kicked up by the astronauts feet. It follows a perfect parabolic trajectory. That could only have been achieved in a vacuum. Now it is entirely possible that the "stage set" on which the Apollo missions were "faked" was in a vacuum but doesn't that rather destroy the conspiracy theorist claim that the flag is waving in a breeze? More importantly than the vacuum is the fact that whilst the astronauts are moving at normal speed the dust falls back to the ground far more slowly, as if it is in one sixth gravity. It may be possible to fake that now with CGI but not in the late '60's.

"Space is big. Really big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind-boggingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the street to the chemist, but that's just peanuts to space." - The Hitch-Hikers Guide to the Galaxy - Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

Posted Image
Click on button

#40    Bella-Angelique

Bella-Angelique

Caprica Six Cylon

• 7,174 posts

• There is more to learn

Posted 09 March 2006 - 04:46 PM

We landed on the moon.
They did not have fries.
We went home.

Posted Image

#41    Purplos

Purplos

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,584 posts

• Everything important is infinite.

Posted 09 March 2006 - 05:13 PM

If the US did not land on the moon, my father got paid quite a nice salary for doing a bunch of nothing.

I don't get the POINT in not believing we landed on the moon.

Embrace the impossible.

#42    Bella-Angelique

Bella-Angelique

Caprica Six Cylon

• 7,174 posts

• There is more to learn

Posted 09 March 2006 - 05:16 PM

I don't get the POINT in not believing we landed on the moon.

I am just guessing Purplos, and it is my guess that existence beyond earth and the complete dominance and control of man disturbs their comfort bubble.

Posted Image

#43    Adam_666

Adam_666

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 335 posts

• From the great movie SawII " Oh yes there will be blood".

Posted 09 March 2006 - 05:25 PM

yes we landed on the moon, duh . devil.gif  devil.gif  devil.gif

Randal Graves: Hey, there is only one Return and it's not of the King, it's of the Jedi.

Clerks II, 2006

#44    Pax Unum

Pax Unum

< 420 Conspirator >

• 18,862 posts

• "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." - Aristotle

Posted 09 March 2006 - 05:27 PM

The problem if the Moon landings were all hoaxes is that before the US - or China -  land on the Moon again, the hoaxers will have to secretly land on the Moon themselves in order to plant all the stuff that was supposedly left there in the 60s and 70s......

LOL  thumbsup.gif

#45    Yelekiah

Yelekiah

Calcinatio des Königs

• 10,541 posts

Posted 09 March 2006 - 05:30 PM

In my opinion the US  didn't land on the moon, there's too much evidence to say that humans have never set foot there.

Is it all right if you elaborate on this wealth of evidence? grin2.gif

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users