Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * - - 3 votes

Greatest Secret in Modern History

• Please log in to reply
71 replies to this topic

#31    BigDaddy_GFS

BigDaddy_GFS

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,063 posts

Posted 10 March 2006 - 02:48 PM

Interesting stuff, but lean on facts.
Sounds like the author compiled several 'X-Files' eps into one book.

Nothing new here, but interesting.

"Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear."
-- George Orwell

"A civilized society is one which tolerates eccentricity to the point of doubtful sanity. "
--Robert Frost

"No freeman shall ever be debarred the use of arms."
-- Thomas Jefferson

#32    Hazzard

Hazzard

Stellar Black Hole

• 11,758 posts

• Being skeptical of the paranormal is a good thing.

Posted 10 March 2006 - 02:53 PM

I really think the scientists are doing a great damage by not taking the UFO matter into a serious investigation.

I think its because:

.So many scientists work for goverments.

There are also many that doesn`t.

.In the science field, your knowledge, your word, your thoughts, make your career, and if you  take yourself into an UFO investigation,you would be the laugh of all the science community.  

I often see the "Aliens on Earth" believers take refuge in two explanations:

(1) The material that would be convincing proof has been collected and secreted away by the U.S. government. While endlessly appealing, this is an argument from ignorance (tantamount to saying we cant show you good evidence because we havent got it), and perforce implies that every government in the world has efficiently squirreled away all alien artifacts. Unless, of course, the extraterrestrials only visit the U.S., where retrieval of material that falls to Earth is supposedly a perfected art form.

(2) Scientists have simply refused to look carefully at this phenomenon. In other words, the scientists should blame themselves for the fact that the visitation hypothesis has failed to sway them.

This is not only unfair, its misguided. Sure, rather few researchers have themselves gone into the field to sift through the stories, the videos, and the odd photos that comprise the evidence for alien presence. But they dont have to. This complaint is akin to telling movie critics that films would be better if only they would pitch in and get behind the camera. But critics can compose excellent and accurate evaluations of a movie without being participants in the business of making films.

The burden of proof is on those making the claims, not those who find the data dubious.

. In some way, scientists are afraid of turning into pupils and schollars of the real advanced alien scientists.

The putative study and theorisation of ET life is known as astrobiology (or xenobiology). Astrobiology is an interdisciplinary field, combining aspects of astronomy, biology and geology, which is focused primarily on the study of the origin, distribution and evolution of life.Why would any of them be afraid to learn something new, and who are these "advanced alien scientists" you are talking about ?

I also think that actual science laks in some ways, the knowledges for an investigation of this size.

Laks what exactly? And who would be more qualified for an investigation then the best and sharpest mindes in their fields of astronomy, biology and geology?

Edited by hazzard, 10 March 2006 - 03:00 PM.

I still await the compelling Exhibit A.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. -Edmund Burke

#33    Aticus

Aticus

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 101 posts

Posted 10 March 2006 - 05:32 PM

I agree. Testimony means nothing.

Bill Clinton couldn't understand that a hummer was classified as sexual contact (we all know that was a lie), so why should anyone believe stories people tell about anything else? If the president of the United States is willing to lie on national television about something so obvious, then why wouldn't someone else make up a story about a UFO?
...and from the link you posted:

(vi) strategic, theater, tactical, or extraterrestrial weapons;

You read that way out of context, sorry to say.

Who was this CIA director and what proof do you have that he was killed in relation to any of this?

How do you know nuclear explosions damage another dimension? Have you seen this other dimension and witnessed it's effects? And when have you seen a nuke neutralized by aliens? PLEASE!!!

It's important not to state something without proof. The outlandish claims are getting OLD.  rolleyes.gif

well i dont have the luxury of time to find the sources again, sorry
I can tell you though, download and watch The Untold History of the Disclosure Project
I had time to post because its knowledge gathered throughout the years that i didnt think of in one night. i also do not try to make people belive what i say because nothing will change an ignorant person's mind and there is no point for you to know the truth anyway

Edited by Aticus, 10 March 2006 - 05:52 PM.

#34    The Skeptic Eric Raven

The Skeptic Eric Raven

Master Blaster

• 11,065 posts

• One day love will find me.....

Posted 10 March 2006 - 05:34 PM

But you have time to post. Typical.

........the sleeper has awoken!
Sometimes we need a kick in the butt to wake us up. Well, I'm up now!Boo ya.

...there are many things in life that will capture your eye, but very few will capture your heart. These are the ones to pursue. These are the ones worth keeping..."

#35    The Skeptic Eric Raven

The Skeptic Eric Raven

Master Blaster

• 11,065 posts

• One day love will find me.....

Posted 10 March 2006 - 06:00 PM

i also do not try to make people belive what i say because nothing will change an ignorant person's mind and there is no point for you to know the truth anyway

So we are ignorant for not believing thanks. We could say the same for you believing.

........the sleeper has awoken!
Sometimes we need a kick in the butt to wake us up. Well, I'm up now!Boo ya.

...there are many things in life that will capture your eye, but very few will capture your heart. These are the ones to pursue. These are the ones worth keeping..."

#36    NoTC

NoTC

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 693 posts

• "Please Provide Proof of your fantasy claims. Thanks!"

Posted 10 March 2006 - 06:43 PM

I can tell you though, download and watch The Untold History of the Disclosure Project
I had time to post because its knowledge gathered throughout the years that i didnt think of in one night. i also do not try to make people belive what i say because nothing will change an ignorant person's mind and there is no point for you to know the truth anyway

So why are you posting here then if your superior knowledge of the truth will just be cast aside by us ignorant people?

The knowledge I've gathered has also been done through years of reading (note, I said READING, which means there's nothing else to prove the existance of what you claim). I've been on both sides of the fence, from believing every stupid thing I've read on the internet to coming to terms with reality and realizing that you can't believe most of what you read. Most of it's made-up garbage by conspiracy theorists and people who don't refuse to accept reality.

So, either state something useful, or don't bother posting a little "teaser" and then claim you can't say it for some reason or another. That's a CLASSIC mistake.

grin2.gif

Reality: Arranging various words into a “profound” statement does not make the statement a fact, no matter how credible the source.
                                         ---------------------ME

I'm absolutely amazed at just how many people still believe in FANTASY when they are proven by science to be incorrect.

#37    Synergy

Synergy

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 836 posts

• "The quality of a person's life is in direct proportion to their commitment to excellence regardless of their chosen field of endeavor."

Posted 10 March 2006 - 08:33 PM

Sounds like the author compiled several 'X-Files' eps into one book.

The only difference is these are real people, not made up. They aren't your ordinary Joe Schmoe's these are very highly respected military officials that have their authentic credentials to back up their claims. It is up to you to decide whether or not they are telling the truth. There are over 500 former government employees at this point in time who have come forward as part of the disclosure project and unlike crack pots like Bob Lazar, they can prove they are who they say they are. Sure, we still don't have that alien DNA to prove it scientifically, but there isn't any reason whatsoever to believe that what they are saying is not the truth. It would be extremely foolish to ignore something of this magnitude.

Edited by Prophecy Guru, 10 March 2006 - 09:47 PM.

"Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity."
--Martin Luther King, Jr.

"In questions of science, the authority of a thousand is not worth the humble reasoning of a single individual."
--Galileo Galilei

"You must be the change you wish to see in the world."
--Mahatma Gandhi

#38    aquatus1

aquatus1

Forum Divinity

• 19,523 posts

Posted 11 March 2006 - 12:05 AM

It is up to you to decide whether or not they are telling the truth.

That's the whole problem right there!  Everything that is presented concerning this topic always comes down to "You either believe or you don't.".  What we need are facts, not opinions.  It doesn't matter if the entire world believes in aliens; if they are not real, the entire global population believing in them will not make them appear.  We are waiting for data that states its claim in an objective and logical manner, a manner which, whether or not we choose to regard it as "the truth", will notheless remain valid.

Sure, we still don't have that alien DNA to prove it scientifically, but there isn't any reason whatsoever to believe that what they are saying is not the truth. It would be extremely foolish to ignore something of this magnitude.

Who's ignoring it?  Not believing it isn't the same as ignoring it.  There is a multitude of other explanations beyond them simply lying, ranging from mis-identifications, to not enough data, to unintentional fraud, and yes, even intentional fraud.

Edited by aquatus1, 11 March 2006 - 12:06 AM.

#39    Lilly

Lilly

Forum Divinity

• 16,635 posts

• "To thine own self be true" William Shakespeare

Posted 11 March 2006 - 12:14 AM

...What we need are facts, not opinions.  It doesn't matter if the entire world believes in aliens; if they are not real, the entire global population believing in them will not make them appear.  

Might I remind everyone that there was a time when everyone believed in witches. Just because everyone believed in witches didn't make them a reality.

"Ignorance is ignorance. It is a state of mind, not an opinion." ~MID~

Posted Image

#40    rapid7

rapid7

Psychic Spy

• 1,950 posts

Posted 11 March 2006 - 02:38 AM

What a waste. Rationality to point of stupidity. Anyone here who claims not to use ‘leaps of faith’ period. I suggest you don’t waste your time posting; how can you be sure you’re even talking to real people and not AI programs. And beware of family and friends until you personally have had them DNA tested, how can you be sure they are human?  rolleyes.gif

On the wall,
There's a red light.

#41    Lilly

Lilly

Forum Divinity

• 16,635 posts

• "To thine own self be true" William Shakespeare

Posted 11 March 2006 - 02:45 AM

... how can you be sure you’re even talking to real people and not AI programs. And beware of family and friends until you personally have had them DNA tested, how can you be sure they are human?  

Nice fallacy of distraction, perfect example of slippery slope.

"Ignorance is ignorance. It is a state of mind, not an opinion." ~MID~

Posted Image

#42    rapid7

rapid7

Psychic Spy

• 1,950 posts

Posted 11 March 2006 - 03:23 AM

Nice fallacy of distraction, perfect example of slippery slope.

Is there actually any claim one can make regarding alien contact that doesn't trigger off any woo woo's or incorrect scientific argument techniques?

http://www.skepticreport.com/funnies/woowoocredo.htm

No? I didn't think so... unsure.gif

On the wall,
There's a red light.

#43    aquatus1

aquatus1

Forum Divinity

• 19,523 posts

Posted 11 March 2006 - 03:34 AM

Is there actually any claim one can make regarding alien contact that doesn't trigger off any woo woo's or incorrect scientific argument techniques?

http://www.skepticreport.com/funnies/woowoocredo.htm

No? I didn't think so... unsure.gif

Certainly.  All you need is a claim that doesn't use incorrect scientific argument techniques.

#44    rapid7

rapid7

Psychic Spy

• 1,950 posts

Posted 11 March 2006 - 03:45 AM

Certainly.  All you need is a claim that doesn't use incorrect scientific argument techniques.

an example would be nice..

On the wall,
There's a red light.

#45    Pax Unum

Pax Unum

< 420 Conspirator >

• 18,758 posts

• "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." - Aristotle

Posted 11 March 2006 - 03:58 AM

well i dont have the luxury of time to find the sources again, sorry - i also do not try to make people belive what i say because nothing will change an ignorant person's mind and there is no point for you to know the truth anyway

typical...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users