Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Ben Rich, Former Head of Lockheed Skunk Works

• Please log in to reply
57 replies to this topic

#1    speaker of the house

speaker of the house

Extraterrestrial Entity

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 475 posts

Posted 10 March 2006 - 09:29 PM

“We already have the means to travel among the stars, but these technologies are locked up in black projects and it would take an act of God to ever get them out to benefit humanity….. anything you can imagine we already know how to do.”
Ben Rich, former Head of the Lockheed Skunk Works

I actually have the entire speech on video....very....interesting, he died shortly after...imagine that

#2    TK0001

TK0001

THIMK!!!

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,806 posts

Posted 10 March 2006 - 09:31 PM

What is Lockheed Skunk Works?

What did he die of?

#3    speaker of the house

speaker of the house

Extraterrestrial Entity

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 475 posts

Posted 10 March 2006 - 09:32 PM

Ben Rich
Benjamin R. (Ben) Rich graduated from Berkley with a degree in mechanical engineering in 1949 at the age of 25. Rich originally wanted to become a doctor. In 1949 Rich decided to get a master's degree from UCLA specializing in both "aeronautical engineering and dateing soriety girls." Rich came to Lockheed in 1950 after recieveing a degree aeronautical engineering. In December 1954 he was summoned to the Skunk Works by Kelly Johnson as a 29 year old thermodynamisist earning $87 dollars a week. Kelly had requested to borrow from the main plant "a thermodynamicist, preferably a smart one" to solve an unspecified problem. Ben Rich's first assignment with the Skunk Works was the intake on the XF-104 Starfighter. Rich would soon work on the U-2, the A-12, YF-12, Sr-71, and D-21 programs. He joined the SR-71 program in it's inital stages in 1958, and as a thermodynamicist, personally suggested that the Blackbird family of aircraft be painted black to reduce surface temperatures.

In 1975 Rich succeeded Johnson as the head of Skunk Works and as a Lockheed vice president in 1977. Rich during this period focused the Skunk Works on the creating the F-117A. In 1977 when the XST made it's first flight, retired Kelly Johnson slapped Rich on the back and yelled "Well, Ben, you got your first airplane." In 1984-86 he served as interm president of Lockheed's Advanced Aeronautical Company, after which he promptly returned to head up Skunk Works once again. In May 1990 when the Skunk Works became a independent company, Ben Rich was named the company's first president and "Chief Skunk." In December 1990 while the first deployment of F-117A's were heading to Saudi Arabia for DESERT SHEILD, Rich retired from Skunk Works.

Ben Rich (and the entire F-117A team) won the 1989 Collier Trophy, was a fellow of the American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics (AIAA), recieved the American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics (AIAA) national aircraft design award in 1972, was selected the 1988 Wright Brothers annual lecturer by both the AIAA and the British Royal Aeronautical Society, and in 1991 was elected an honorary fellow of the AIAA. In 1994, Ben Rich published his memoirs "Skunk Works."

On January 5, 1995 Ben Rich died from cancer at age 69. At his request, his ashes were scattered from an airplane near his beachfront house on the California coast in Oxnard. At the moment his ashes were released, a lone F-117A appeared out of the clouds and dipped its wings in a final salute to its creator.

http://www.skunkworks.net/

Edited by speaker of the house, 10 March 2006 - 09:42 PM.

#4    The Skeptic Eric Raven

The Skeptic Eric Raven

Master Blaster

• 11,065 posts

• One day love will find me.....

Posted 10 March 2006 - 09:34 PM

“We already have the means to travel among the stars, but these technologies are locked up in black projects and it would take an act of God to ever get them out to benefit humanity….. anything you can imagine we already know how to do.”
Ben Rich, former Head of the Lockheed Skunk Works

I actually have the entire speech on video....very....interesting, he died shortly after...imagine that

Do you have a link to that video? My wife works for company that does contract work for the government. Specifically in the area of propulsion. Her boss once said that they were working on anti gravity propulsion,but not from UFO's.

........the sleeper has awoken!
Sometimes we need a kick in the butt to wake us up. Well, I'm up now!Boo ya.

...there are many things in life that will capture your eye, but very few will capture your heart. These are the ones to pursue. These are the ones worth keeping..."

#5    speaker of the house

speaker of the house

Extraterrestrial Entity

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 475 posts

Posted 10 March 2006 - 09:36 PM

Do you have a link to that video? My wife works for company that does contract work for the government. Specifically in the area of propulsion. Her boss once said that they were working on anti gravity propulsion,but not from UFO's.

Link?? No...I actually have it on VHS...lol, comeon it was the 90s...if you wanna PM me your address I'll mail you a copy.

#6    Synergy

Synergy

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 836 posts

• "The quality of a person's life is in direct proportion to their commitment to excellence regardless of their chosen field of endeavor."

Posted 10 March 2006 - 09:42 PM

This is also one of the main purposes to the disclosure project. We have had extremely advanced technology for decades purportedly, however, they are locked within the secret shadow government vault, as the rumor goes. The estimated “black budget” spending per year in the past few years has been estimated as high as 2.3 trillion in 1999. What could they possibly be spending trillions on considering that none of this money went to any other government spending program, strictly for black budget spending? If these estimates are true, than the U.S. government is hiding something immensely important completely secret. Top Secret military projects, special weapons etc, can only be attributed to maybe a couple hundred billion of this black budgets spending, if that. Then what is the rest of this tremendous sum of money being invested into? What could possibly be so important to spend trillions of government dollars and not tell the very people who are paying for these black budget projects in the first place?

Check out these two articles regarding the black budget:

http://www.arcticbeacon.com/1-May-2005.html
http://www.scoop.co.nz/stories/HL0209/S00126.htm

"Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity."
--Martin Luther King, Jr.

"In questions of science, the authority of a thousand is not worth the humble reasoning of a single individual."
--Galileo Galilei

"You must be the change you wish to see in the world."
--Mahatma Gandhi

#7    patstp

patstp

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 196 posts

Posted 10 March 2006 - 10:05 PM

anything you can imagine we already know how to do

Is it just me or "how to do" doesn't mean that it exists AT ALL ??!! or at least for now, but the tech is available...

unsure.gif

Edited by patstp, 10 March 2006 - 10:06 PM.

Universe is much to vast for us to be alone...don't you think ?

#8    speaker of the house

speaker of the house

Extraterrestrial Entity

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 475 posts

Posted 10 March 2006 - 10:07 PM

anything you can imagine we already know how to do

Is it just me or "how to do" doesn't mean that it exists AT ALL ??!!

unsure.gif

I can imagine some pretty crazy stuff...usually envolves cheerleaders and midgets...but still...they must know EVERYTHING

#9    patstp

patstp

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 196 posts

Posted 10 March 2006 - 10:09 PM

I can imagine some pretty crazy stuff...usually envolves cheerleaders and midgets...but still...they must know EVERYTHING

There's a difference between KNOWING EVERYTHING and actually building and flying these things don't you think ?

Universe is much to vast for us to be alone...don't you think ?

#10    Stellar

Stellar

Forum Divinity

• 14,806 posts

• The objective of war is not to die for your country. It's to make the other son of a b**** die for his!
    -Patton

Posted 10 March 2006 - 10:15 PM

That'd be great if it were true. It all seems so... stargateish though.

"I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed opponent."

----Seraphina

#11    Unlimited

Unlimited

Truthseeker

• Banned
  • 7,597 posts

• Give me liberty or give me death.....

Posted 10 March 2006 - 10:30 PM

neat story  ph34r.gif

Edited by limited, 10 March 2006 - 10:31 PM.

God Bless America..

"one man with courage,makes a majority"..tj

#12    et's daddy

et's daddy

believer of the possible

• 2,611 posts

• the truth isnt out there
    its right here

Posted 10 March 2006 - 10:41 PM

That'd be great if it were true. It all seems so... stargateish though.

Stargate wasnt based on a true story  ?  blink.gif

Edited by et's daddy, 10 March 2006 - 10:42 PM.

#13    speaker of the house

speaker of the house

Extraterrestrial Entity

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 475 posts

Posted 11 March 2006 - 03:09 PM

Stargate wasnt based on a true story  ?  blink.gif

Not the entire movie, but the part where Kurt Russell kills that guy...totally based on an actual event....

#14    Cinders

Cinders

Psychic Spy

• 2,012 posts

Posted 11 March 2006 - 04:03 PM

Don Phillips is also from Lockheed Skunkworks and CIA contractor (and also formerly served in the military)
He speaks on some amazing things on the NPCC video from "The Disclosure Project" that was done in 2001 prior to 9/11
He is seen about 35 minutes into the 2 hour video.

Edited by Cinders, 11 March 2006 - 04:06 PM.

"We are like butterflies who flutter for a day and think it's forever." ~Carl Sagan

#15    Cinders

Cinders

Psychic Spy

• 2,012 posts

Posted 11 March 2006 - 10:31 PM

oops! I forgot to add his picture from the video....

user posted image

"We are like butterflies who flutter for a day and think it's forever." ~Carl Sagan

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users