Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Vegaterians

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
796 replies to this topic

#781    JACK NEON

JACK NEON

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 79 posts

• Those who do not believe will not achieve

Posted 23 June 2006 - 10:59 AM

They do not feel pain. Yes, they are living, and yes, they do grow, but they do not understand pain, unlike animals, which are beings capable of thought and emotion, just like us. I thought that was pretty obvious. Also, as I quoted above:

Maybe I should point out one thing to you the animals do not feel pain either click they probably don't even realise what hit them it may be gruesome but is actually more humane than any other method. Eat a little meat it won't hurt and it is continuing a natural process that MUST happen

#782    frogfish

frogfish

ஆங்கிலத்த&

• 11,142 posts

• Flyfishing -- the Art of the Gods

Posted 23 June 2006 - 12:30 PM

Maybe I should point out one thing to you the animals do not feel pain either click they probably don't even realise what hit them it may be gruesome but is actually more humane than any other method. Eat a little meat it won't hurt and it is continuing a natural process that MUST happen

actually, they do feel pain...They have a little thing called a CNS thumbsup.gif

-Frogfish-
Posted Image
Researcher-Prostate Cancer Oncogene Research
University of Michigan Comprehensive Cancer Center

The National Center for Biotech Information
My Photo Gallery: Capturing India

Fishing is a Way of Life!

#783    JACK NEON

JACK NEON

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 79 posts

Posted 25 June 2006 - 02:57 PM

Notice the arguments for the healthiness of vegetarianism only distinguish between vegetarians and non vegetarians. I'm sorry but that is too vague to be used as supporting evidence. A proper survey would group people into how much meat they eat with vegetarian zero then a little bit (not that inaccurate) but you get the idea. Then see if there is a general increase in poor health effects with meat consumption or whether my prediction that the people who eat a little but some meat are healthier than vegetarians.

#784    frogfish

frogfish

ஆங்கிலத்த&

• 11,142 posts

Posted 26 June 2006 - 02:50 AM

Notice the arguments for the healthiness of vegetarianism only distinguish between vegetarians and non vegetarians. I'm sorry but that is too vague to be used as supporting evidence. A proper survey would group people into how much meat they eat with vegetarian zero then a little bit (not that inaccurate) but you get the idea. Then see if there is a general increase in poor health effects with meat consumption or whether my prediction that the people who eat a little but some meat are healthier than vegetarians.

Ypu still haven't acknowledged my post.

-Frogfish-
Posted Image

#785    JACK NEON

JACK NEON

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 79 posts

Posted 26 June 2006 - 12:34 PM

Typical killing method cut on the neck severs the central nerve making pain absent as there is nothing to send pain messages to the brain.

Unless of cause I am misinformed on killing methods.

#786    frogfish

frogfish

ஆங்கிலத்த&

• 11,142 posts

Posted 26 June 2006 - 10:05 PM

Typical killing method cut on the neck severs the central nerve making pain absent as there is nothing to send pain messages to the brain.

But they DO experience pain in the way they are held until slaughter.

-Frogfish-
Posted Image

#787    The Skeptic Eric Raven

The Skeptic Eric Raven

Master Blaster

• 11,067 posts

• One day love will find me.....

Posted 27 June 2006 - 08:51 PM

Why the hell should they ?
Besides,  if everyone stopped eating meet the vegetarians would have to find another equally rediculous issue to carry on about. Maybe they could whinge about the death of innocent lettuce and how said lettuce are murdered for our salads when clearly we could survive without them.

LMAO. You got that right.

........the sleeper has awoken!
Sometimes we need a kick in the butt to wake us up. Well, I'm up now!Boo ya.

...there are many things in life that will capture your eye, but very few will capture your heart. These are the ones to pursue. These are the ones worth keeping..."

#788    Megalomania

Megalomania

Poltergeist

• 2,939 posts

• *wonders what happens if you cook Mamee Noodles*

Posted 28 June 2006 - 05:51 AM

But they DO experience pain in the way they are held until slaughter.

Ah, but whichever way they go, they would most likely feel pain.
There is no painless life.

Posted Image

Read my story, Mindless Indulgence
Also read Replaceable

#789    frogfish

frogfish

ஆங்கிலத்த&

• 11,142 posts

Posted 28 June 2006 - 12:27 PM

Ah, but whichever way they go, they would most likely feel pain.
There is no painless life.

yes.gif Don't get me wrong, I am totally for meat-eating...just needed to point out his mistake.

-Frogfish-
Posted Image

#790    mklsgl

mklsgl

just me

• 3,153 posts

• They're selling postcards of the hanging
    They're painting the passports brown
    The beauty parlor's filled with sailors
    The circus is in town

Posted 28 June 2006 - 06:33 PM

Why the hell should they ?
Besides,  if everyone stopped eating meet the vegetarians would have to find another equally rediculous issue to carry on about. Maybe they could whinge about the death of innocent lettuce and how said lettuce are murdered for our salads when clearly we could survive without them.

This comment clearly identifies you among The World's Greatest Thinkers. Does genius ever stop flowing from your mind?

By the way, it's 'meat' not meet; 'ridiculous' not rediculous; and, 'whine' not whinge.

Grateful Dead; July, 31, 1982 @ Manor Downs, Manor, TX
"Yes it's 'T' For Texas"
Be Here Now!

#791    Sherapy

Sherapy

Sheri loves Sean loves Sheri...

• 24,798 posts

• "If one is to be thought acceptable and agreeable in society, one must submit to being taught the same lessons over and over again." --Hammer

Posted 01 July 2006 - 05:15 AM

This comment clearly identifies you among The World's Greatest Thinkers. Does genius ever stop flowing from your mind?

By the way, it's 'meat' not meet; 'ridiculous' not rediculous; and, 'whine' not whinge.

thumbsup.gif Who would of thought that  a few vegans looking to learn from each other  and converse would attract such a  crowd....  innocent.gif

#792    The Skeptic Eric Raven

The Skeptic Eric Raven

Master Blaster

• 11,067 posts

Posted 01 July 2006 - 04:47 PM

thumbsup.gif Who would of thought that  a few vegans looking to learn from each other  and converse would attract such a  crowd....  innocent.gif

I guess its your glowing personality. innocent.gif

...there are many things in life that will capture your eye, but very few will capture your heart. These are the ones to pursue. These are the ones worth keeping..."

#793    The Skeptic Eric Raven

The Skeptic Eric Raven

Master Blaster

• 11,067 posts

Posted 01 July 2006 - 04:55 PM

Umm does he have one of the finests minds on UM cuz he agrees with you on certain topics such as...................this one?? huh.gif

I am not saying he dont have a great mind..no not at all but if he disagreed with you...would you be as keen to say that??

Look  Sheri...you preach like a religious person does with their bible......when it comes to food and drink ...which is fine...but when it comes to stuff like this...just becuase YOU is dead against it and is a plain out right health fanatic ( like an extremist christian lol) ...thats it...if you dont agree with it...its haevy preaching all the way....thats why people find it all rude...thats why you get into tight spots....there is NO CALL for it Sheri......its like I say to religious folks...quit trying to push your beliefs on to others.....Sheri sweetie that's what you are doing....

I understand you are taking a stand for what you believe in and I ADMIRE you for it...but girl you paint a pic of someone that looks down on those who eat meat...drink alchol...smoke a ciggy...eat junk food...ect....you give me the impression you are looking down on me too......only person I see agreeing with you is Hyper....good for him
You take frogfish, me and a few others on here...we like to eat meat...we dont go over the top...we dont preach meat is better than veg or fruit....we dont look down on others who dont eat it...we dont sould like junk food fanatics...girly you are what is known as a health fanatic...one of these days you will do yourself harm...and thats something I DONT WANT TO SEE...NO...I luvies you as a friend...but girl CHILL IT with the preaching..you have turned into something you detest...(much like the extremists) a preacher...preaching the health bible if you will

You told me Hyper was a skinny guy...you too I imagine are rather skinny...THIS IS WHY!!! Over doing it....geee girl please try and stop the OTT health crap....you need food that will give you strenth too....veg aint going to do that alone now is it??...You need a lil meat on your bones..you can still look great with a bit more shape...you go to the GYM..more times than a christian would pray blink.gif  slow the heck down chick please for your own good

How did I miss this wonderfully correct post?? Go Becky.... thumbsup.gif

#794    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

Sarcastic Muppet..!

• 51,196 posts

• "I hate pretentious people. I mean, what is the point in applying exorbitantly extensive vocabulary, it is just straightforwardly unnecessary".

Posted 01 July 2006 - 08:15 PM

Hmm not so sure on that...i'll cut you a deal...lemme try it out on you...if you squeal..then we will know..if not..meh you must be imformed alrght in killing methods..either way we have a result!! w00t.gif

Just kidding LOL tongue.gif

Posted ImageRAW Berris... Dare you enter?

If there's a heaven...I hope to hell I get there !

#795    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

Sarcastic Muppet..!

• 51,196 posts

• "I hate pretentious people. I mean, what is the point in applying exorbitantly extensive vocabulary, it is just straightforwardly unnecessary".

Posted 01 July 2006 - 08:19 PM

How did I miss this wonderfully correct post?? Go Becky.... thumbsup.gif

Aww thank you eric...you did miss it...but heck it was high time someone took a stand...I just cant stand those that act all high and mighty, making others feel bad for how they live...all without thinking...tragic wouldnt you agree?? w00t.gif  Look at me I am a vegan, I am the vegie God..you will all rot in vegie hell rolleyes.gif  laugh.gif gimme a break!!

Posted ImageRAW Berris... Dare you enter?

If there's a heaven...I hope to hell I get there !

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users