Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

UNCONVENTION 2002

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#16    Kira

Kira

Government Agent

• 4,183 posts

• Sexiest,
    Prettiest,
    Bloodthirstiest,
    Elf Member of the
    Six Worst Men of the Apfelschnaps.

Thanks TO xx

Posted 09 April 2002 - 04:48 PM

Phew P.S what a lot to read but really good! Thanks for that and well done on 600!! posts :sk

after that better get posting some more :)

We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.

#17    PurpleStuart

PurpleStuart

Goth

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,118 posts

• The Most Purple Haired Gothic Hedonistic member of the Six Worst Men of the Apfelschnaps

Posted 09 April 2002 - 09:20 PM

I promise to finish my report on the rest of the Unconvention soon but i may not have much time to do so for a few days so bear with me! I'll try not to forget too much!

never take me too seriously

#18    Druss

Druss

Psychic Spy

• 1,209 posts

• My tongue is firmly in my cheek

Posted 09 April 2002 - 11:18 PM

Great reporting PS.

:)

#19    Tommy

Tommy

Psychic Spy

• 1,846 posts

Posted 10 April 2002 - 11:19 PM

Photo update:  Just got film 1 back from Woolworths.  :s8

Unfortunately, out of the dozen or so I took, only a few are worth showing.  :-/  

However, I took another 10 or so of the Uncon on the film currently in the camera, which I'm taking to Glastonbury on the weekend (hopefully get a picture of where King Arthur is supposedly buried  :sk) so look out for the pics next week.   :sh

Tommy
:D

"Superstition created all the gods and angels, all the devils and ghosts, all the witches, demons and goblins, gave us all the augurs, soothsayers and prophets, filled the heavens with signs and wonders, broke the chain of cause and effect, and wrote the history of man in miracles and lies" ~ Robert Green Ingersoll

#20    crosis

crosis

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 343 posts

Posted 10 April 2002 - 11:23 PM

Damn  :'( and hooray  :sk

Bristol society for paranormal research and investigations      Click here

#21    PurpleStuart

PurpleStuart

Goth

• 2,118 posts

• The Most Purple Haired Gothic Hedonistic member of the Six Worst Men of the Apfelschnaps

Posted 18 April 2002 - 11:48 PM

sorry for the delay - Pixieassassin was using my PC to update her website click here to see it

Saturday Part IV

After leaving my first lecture, i wasn't too sure which other ones to watch, none of the rest grabbed my attention - and I was also still on the look out for Tommy and Crow.  
I was just about to go and see Andy Roberts and David Clarke talk about "Out of the Shadows: UFOs and the MOD" but instead i bumped into a friend of mine who i hadn't seen in two years. For the next hour many drinks were drunk and we caught up with what we had been up to since we had last met. With one pair of Talks left he persuaded me to go and see Ken Campbell and The Gastromancers "Speaking Parts: Exorcistic Exhibitions and Ghastly Farragos" - this time in the other auditorium, which was far more comfortable and provided a good view from everywhere in the room.
I had just sat down for a second when i bumped into another friend, who was walking past - this time someone who i went to school with and i hadn't seen for close to 10 yrs!

Ken Campbell i recognised straight away ( i hadn't recognised his name) - he appears  a reasonable amount on TV in the UK, sterotypicaly the mad proffessor type. His talk wasn't really about the Paranormal at all and was more a stand up routinue, and very funny it was too - in a very subtle fashion.
Because of the vast area his talk rambled over i can't remember much to repeat, but it started off about a guy who wrote a series of books about how much of an @rsehole he was, went on to explain the curious fact that the most read english language book in Japan is "Ann of Green Gables", the uncanny effect this book has on it's readers.
Apparently after WWII America decided that to prevent a future war with Japan, it would be a good policy to set up English Language schools. On top of this, as they had decided that Japan was a warlike culture, they plumped for "Ann of Green Gables" as a teaching text, because it was so 'nice'. According to Ken the book is such a phenominon over there, a hotel he stayed in only showed the televised version on it's TVs and nothing else.
This went on to a discussion to see if the book had the same effect on different cultures and the experiments he had done to find this out.

Reading back over what i have just written, i've possibly captured  the idea of how zany his talk was but not quite how funny it was - by this point most of us were in tears.

The talk continued covering such subjects as the suprising fact that Jeremy Beadle (if you don't know your lucky) has one of the largest Fortean libraries in the world, Ventriloquism and it's use in religion and ended with a woman squirting water out of her bum. Yes, you read that correctly!

There was so much that he covered that i can't remember it all, but the talk was subtly hysterical and i'm very glad i was persuaded to see it.

never take me too seriously

#22    Druss

Druss

Psychic Spy

• 1,209 posts

• My tongue is firmly in my cheek

Posted 19 April 2002 - 12:18 AM

Very comprehensive reporting PS

Well done and thanks

:)

#23    Tommy

Tommy

Psychic Spy

• 1,846 posts

Posted 19 April 2002 - 02:34 AM

Okay, I got the second film developed last week... :su

I've got around 7 pics to put up (if thats ok)

The first one is the shot you get if you're one of the first in the building.  8)

"Superstition created all the gods and angels, all the devils and ghosts, all the witches, demons and goblins, gave us all the augurs, soothsayers and prophets, filled the heavens with signs and wonders, broke the chain of cause and effect, and wrote the history of man in miracles and lies" ~ Robert Green Ingersoll

#24    Tommy

Tommy

Psychic Spy

• 1,846 posts

Posted 19 April 2002 - 02:41 AM

This one is of the display outside the 'Centre For Fortean Zoology'  :s9

#25    Tommy

Tommy

Psychic Spy

• 1,846 posts

Posted 19 April 2002 - 02:50 AM

Here's a nice queue of people waiting to go into the smaller Auditorium 2.  :sk

(the big Fortean Banner was directly to my right)

#26    Tommy

Tommy

Psychic Spy

• 1,846 posts

Posted 19 April 2002 - 06:23 PM

Here's the rest of them.  :s06
:sg

Outside the institute (flags at half mast in respect for the Queen mother)

Posted Image

Click these links  :s02

Battle orders wizard

The bar/cafe

Next to Fortean zoology stall

Another shot of the unique building

Posted Image

:sk

Cheers Gareth

#27    Tommy

Tommy

Psychic Spy

• 1,846 posts

Posted 19 April 2002 - 07:53 PM

Pic of auditorium 1

(I swear that guys head wasn't there when I took the picture!!)   :sf :s09

#28    Tommy

Tommy

Psychic Spy

• 1,846 posts

Posted 19 April 2002 - 07:54 PM

An empty looking auditorium 2 (about to fill up)  :s8

#29    Homer

Homer

Government Agent

• 3,814 posts

Posted 19 April 2002 - 08:09 PM

Hey Tommy,
Did you give the camera to someone else for the last picture? Because aren't you that guy in the blue shirt? ;D

Just kidding. Nice work Tommy, the reporting as well as the pics are great.

אַ֭תָּה אֱלֹהֵ֣י יִשְׁעִ֑י

#30    SpaceyKC

SpaceyKC

Government Agent

• 3,349 posts

• Thank you TO

Posted 19 April 2002 - 09:28 PM

Tommy,
        Really nice report and pictures!  Thanks for sharing!  :sk

"Science may have found a cure for most evils;  but it has
         found no remedy for the worst of them all --- the apathy of human beings."
                                                     Helen Keller

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users