Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

The Cheer up thread.

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1    Mentalcase

Mentalcase

Space Cadet

• 5,360 posts

• Most Thugish Member of the Six Worst Men of the Apfelschnaps

Posted 17 September 2003 - 07:39 PM

I think everyone in this forum should hold hands and sing around the camp fire. We are all friends with very simular interests and lifes. We should not let any negativity discourage us from posting our beliefs and or opinions. I strongly encourage everyone to post more often.

As for bizarro leaving..we will miss him. I don't think that he should stray away from the forum but, if that's what's best for him then so be it.

Also, No Mod on this board is out to "get" anyone. We are busy as many have already said. Aside from moderating, some of us actually come here to be a part of the converations and to interact with the other members. I have made many friends here.

I basically started this thread to encourage people to be more interactive. We are a family here, I'm sure many of you would agree. If there is a problem, the best thing to do, would be to PM a Mod or an Admin. We want to make this the best forum around (which I believe it is even under the current circumstances or disagreements).

I will also encourage everyone to come to the sunday chat this weekend. If you haven't been there before, you don't know what you are missing. the conversation is much different then posts, you actually get a better understanding of people.

And remember the game tourneys are going to be happening soon, just another way to interact with the rest of the members. So here's to good times ahead of us!! user posted image  thumbsup.gif

BE HAPPY  original.gif  

http://ancientaliensdebunked.com/  <~Ancient Aliens DEBUNKED!
I think that it is much more likely that the reports of flying saucers are the results of the known irrational characteristics of terrestrial intelligence than of the unknown rational efforts of extra-terrestrial intelligence ~Richard Feynman http://www.myspace.com/7leafclover

#2    shelby

shelby

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 49 posts

• True love is found in your heart, look there and you will always be happy.

Posted 17 September 2003 - 07:42 PM

I so agree mentalcase .. so well said.. thank you  original.gif  

I can love you like that, I can make you my world, move heaven and earth if you were my girl...(John Michael Montgomery)

#3    Thistle

Thistle

Mighty Midget Queen of the Faeries

• 2,284 posts

• Stick Girl

Posted 17 September 2003 - 07:48 PM

I second that! This is by far the friendliest forum I have ever bn on and I think we should all make the effort to keep it that way, disagreements will happen but as long as we are all able to kiss and make up at the end there should be no problem.

So, what are we singin' then round the fire then?

happy.gif  

#4    reese2

reese2

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 17 September 2003 - 07:53 PM

How about, instead of the campfire and holding hands singing, we have a mud wrestling pit, and a keg of beer???  That would be good for all of us...

Reese      whistling2.gif         wub.gif  

UA & Barman's Animated Avatar wish list, for the imaginative yet simple minded....  !!!

When one door closes another door opens; but we often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door that we do not see the ones which open for us." - Alexander Graham Bell

Some of the most beautiful works of art, are often not work at all...

#5    Pale_Horse

Pale_Horse

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 233 posts

Posted 17 September 2003 - 07:56 PM

QUOTE (reese2 @ Sep 17 2003, 02:53 PM)
How about, instead of the campfire and holding hands singing, we have a mud wrestling pit, and a keg of beer???  That would be good for all of us...

Reese      whistling2.gif         wub.gif

Mmmm...Beer....

Only if it's Red Stripe or Beamish wink2.gif  

My hair's turnin' white, my neck's always been red, my collar's still blue.
We've always been here tryin' to sing the truth to you.
Guess you could say we've always been red, white and blue.

Let's do it again!

#6    schadeaux

schadeaux

Ambiguitous

• 1,887 posts

Posted 17 September 2003 - 07:56 PM

If Reese gets a mud pit, can we have a jello pit, too?? w00t.gif  

"To study and not think is a waste.
To think and not study is dangerous."
Confucius

#7    Phantom

Phantom

Psychic Spy

• 1,879 posts

• Bad Ass Member of the Six Worst Men of the Apfelschnaps

Posted 17 September 2003 - 07:57 PM

Rice Crispies for everyone! It's on me! w00t.gif  

"Do you hear that, Mr. Anderson? That is the sound of inevitability..." - Agent Smith
"Apfelschnaps, it's more than skindeep" - Kismit
"OK, don't quote me anymore..." - Mentalcase

#8    Thistle

Thistle

Mighty Midget Queen of the Faeries

• 2,284 posts

• Stick Girl

Posted 17 September 2003 - 08:56 PM

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mud wrestling/ beer/ jello pits and rice crispies.  Count me in I'll bring the popcorn.  But erm do we still get to kiss and make up???

kiss.gif

#9    Seraphina

Seraphina

Voted Best Member 2005

• 7,133 posts

• Everyone likes a smouldering and sexy glare from a diminutive scientist.

Posted 17 September 2003 - 09:28 PM

Mud? Jello? Baaah! I'll show ya how to wrestle!

*sets about building a ring in the corner, and puts a stand up of Chris Jericho in one corner, and Kurt Angle in the other*

Now...time to sit and look at Chris Jericho wub.gif

Oh, but first...

Go mods!...I've been a mod, a global mod, and admin, and all sorts of stuff down through the years, and I know exactly how hard it is to make sure things run smoothly. Not every decision is perfect, s'true, but it's up to a mod to make whatever call they think is the right one, and people need to accept that...mods that make decisions are the lifeblood of the forum, mods that don't aren't doing their job.

So with that said, you guys do your job, and I'll do mine, and bounce around the board like a chipmunk on caffine cool.gif

And now, back to Chris Jericho.... wub.gif  

Posted Image

Apparantly, over on Exchristian.Net, they say that I'm "probably the smartest person" on UM....that is so cool...

#10    colorless

colorless

Psychic Spy

• 1,480 posts

Posted 17 September 2003 - 09:35 PM

Bizarro left too?!

#11    reese2

reese2

Psychic Spy

• 1,303 posts

Posted 17 September 2003 - 09:39 PM

Unfortunately........... crying.gif  crying.gif  sad.gif  disgust.gif  

UA & Barman's Animated Avatar wish list, for the imaginative yet simple minded....  !!!

When one door closes another door opens; but we often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door that we do not see the ones which open for us." - Alexander Graham Bell

#12    reese2

reese2

Psychic Spy

• 1,303 posts

Posted 17 September 2003 - 09:52 PM

Sounds fun Seraphina!!!  I am more of a 'Rock' girl....................

And, Thistle, the kissing is definately on...............

wub.gif  tongue.gif  

#13    Homer

Homer

Government Agent

• 3,814 posts

Posted 17 September 2003 - 09:53 PM

No Bizarro didn't leave, and he won't leave either. This is not a swipe at Bizarro when I say this, but like everyone else here, he is addicted to this place. I for one would be sorry to see him go, and he has made such an enormous contribution to this site as well. I make no apologies for any of my comments, but I would be sorry to see him leave.

Fortunately, that won't happen, and anyone who knows DS/Bizarro knows he is staying with us original.gif  

אַ֭תָּה אֱלֹהֵ֣י יִשְׁעִ֑י

#14    reese2

reese2

Psychic Spy

• 1,303 posts

Posted 17 September 2003 - 09:56 PM

You know, that was in my mind.  I think we all say we are leaving at some point, and always come back to this damn place... (I mean that lovingly, of course)  Even if we just sit and tell ourselves we aren't going to ever come back, we always do.  Rob, that was pretty nice of you.      wink2.gif

Reese

#15    Seraphina

Seraphina

Voted Best Member 2005

• 7,133 posts

• Everyone likes a smouldering and sexy glare from a diminutive scientist.

Posted 17 September 2003 - 09:56 PM

QUOTE (reese2 @ Sep 17 2003, 09:52 PM)
Sounds fun Seraphina!!!  I am more of a 'Rock' girl....................

*puts up a stand up of the Rock too*

Now, let us all be happy, and join in the age old custom of watching two guys knock the living hell out of each other, and in the case of Chris Jericho and the Rock, lookin' real pretty while they do wub.gif  

Posted Image

Apparantly, over on Exchristian.Net, they say that I'm "probably the smartest person" on UM....that is so cool...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users