Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

New Loch Ness Monster Footage?

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1    Magikman

Magikman

Most Exalted member of the first 15

• 6,280 posts

• "Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum viditur"

Posted 18 September 2003 - 02:49 AM

Here's a clip from the Center for Fortean Zoology website. It is a video taken of something in Loch Ness in April of this year and then given to representitives of the center at the Fortean Times Unconvention for analysis. Its in Windows media format, but takes awhile to load if you have a dialup connection, so the quality may not be all that great. The website also offers a section to leave comments, and is conducting a poll of people's opinions.

Magikman

Skeptical scrutiny is the means, in both science and religion, by which deep insights can be winnowed from deep nonsense. ~ Carl Sagan

"...man has an irrepressible tendency to read meaning into the buzzing confusion of sights and sounds impinging on his senses; and where no agreed meaning can be found, he will provide it out of his own imagination." ~ Arthur Koestler

#2    Cufflink

Cufflink

Poltergeist

• 2,234 posts

• For you, Baby, I could be

Posted 18 September 2003 - 03:40 AM

Anyone care to describe what happens in the video?

My steam-powered modem went out of it's way to ruin the experience.  sad.gif  

Posted Image
Posted Image

In case...two words, not one Posted Image

#3    Engulf

Engulf

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,436 posts

• "The wise only speaks when it is right, while the fool always speaks as though he is right."

Posted 18 September 2003 - 08:14 AM

that was a great link magikman,thanks!! thumbsup.gif

personally,i don't think it's Nessie but there's clearly something big & whitish moving down there.....big eel?? blink.gif  

"Remember the truth is not for everyone - most people just do not want to know." --Robert Morningsky

"Since you are like no other being ever created since the beginning of time, you are incomparible." --Brenda Ueland

"Knowledge is strength, ignorance does not grant you any immunity." --Purple Crow

"I do not see any sin in the world, but I see a great deal of ignorance." --George Sand

#4    Blood Angel

Blood Angel

Poltergeist

• 2,389 posts

• Deus Ex Conspiratio

Posted 18 September 2003 - 08:56 AM

Heres My verdict, now you must understand i'm not exactly big on cryptozoological creatures:

There definately something there bigger than a eel that engulf suggested, although the video is poor quality as MM said, you can make it out, with the nice commentry from the dude on the other end of the camera, there is a shadow as he said, and it does look like something breaking the water.  It has to be big to make a shadow under the water like that, but seeing as its white and from other nessie photos, its supposed to be brown, then i suspect its a small whale of some kind. Unless of course loch ness isn't connected to the sea but i'm i dunno about that.

Fight Win Prevail - me
No guts No Glory - me
Cadjole....i like that word, so much more sophisticated than bludgeon.
Vicious says: You are saying impudence to me! That is impudence!!!1

#5    Kismit

Kismit

Telekinetic

• 7,680 posts

Posted 18 September 2003 - 09:56 AM

I can't see enough of it to be able to icentify it as anything , is there any way to see it on another player ? Media player isn't my first choice ..

It could well be a boat , it's a very good video though ..

#6    Tillghast

Tillghast

Forum Divinity

• 2,327 posts

• I'm rather unnatural

Posted 19 September 2003 - 03:49 AM

Wow, good footage, but why didn't he go closer into the water to see Nessie? I liked his accent! laugh.gif  

Posted Image

#7    Xenomorph

Xenomorph

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 20 September 2003 - 09:42 PM

I didn't know that Nessie was white? blink.gif  

Were not alone. Were never alone never.

#8    colorless

colorless

Psychic Spy

• 1,480 posts

Posted 20 September 2003 - 11:43 PM

Does anything good happen? I skipped the middle because I got bored undecided.gif

#9    Druss

Druss

Psychic Spy

• 1,209 posts

• My tongue is firmly in my cheek

Posted 24 September 2003 - 01:27 PM

There is a suggestion that what is in the loch are Eunuch EELs

Link

original.gif  

#10    djdodo

djdodo

Poltergeist

• 2,747 posts

Posted 24 September 2003 - 01:57 PM

its a very very bad video .. anyway .. its not clear what it could be .. it might be a giant fish .. actually it looks like a white log .. or maybe a stick with white cloth on it ..

and ((Alien Invader)) is right .. why didn't he go closer??  dontgetit.gif

BTW .. Thanks ((Druss)) for the link .. it really helped .. happy.gif

<span style='color:pink'>Luv is unpredictable. luv's Blind!
Luv is like a Diamond, when it brakes it turns in to dust.
Dont buy luv with money, it never works</span>

#11    Benjo Koolzooie

Benjo Koolzooie

Psychic Spy

• 1,619 posts

• Pink is like red but not quite...

Posted 24 September 2003 - 01:59 PM

I told you, Nessie is a giant infertile Eel! tongue.gif  

Cherokee Warrior you've lost your battle that's for sure, but what you left behind is still shining.

#12    Kryso

Kryso

Always watching...

• 3,943 posts

• Truth titillates the imagination far less than fiction.

Posted 25 September 2003 - 03:36 AM

Sturgeon fish thrive in the Locks of Scotland. Some which has been caught have reached the length 6-12 feet! If you pop the word Sturgeon into Google search, you will be surprised at the length and size they can grow. And supposedly, just before they die they start turning white. dontgetit.gif  

Attached Files

#13    Benjo Koolzooie

Benjo Koolzooie

Psychic Spy

• 1,619 posts

Posted 25 September 2003 - 07:07 AM

I saw a photo shopped image of a Sturgeon, and it had had its body elongated with effects to seem logner, but you could see small problems with it and was obviously a fake. thumbsup.gif

The man claimed that the thing swam by his boat and he took a photo of it. Oh he also claimed that it was a sea serpent of some kind.

Cherokee Warrior you've lost your battle that's for sure, but what you left behind is still shining.

#14    Athlon64

Athlon64

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 345 posts

Posted 25 September 2003 - 12:12 PM

I am not sure if this guy could have got any closer to the objects in the water. The road is considerably higher than the loch at this point, although he could have attempted to get closer by entering the Urquhart Castle site. Having said that, I am unsure just how close this is to the castle.

Loch Ness is connected to the sea by the River Ness, which flows through the town of Inverness. I cannot imagine that this river is very deep, so it seems rather unlikely that these objects are whales. The Sturgeon theory is an interesting one, but the boat theory can clearly be ruled out. The objects (creatures) disappear underwater at times. I don't think that I have ever seen a boat do that !

Chris Low.

#15    Benjo Koolzooie

Benjo Koolzooie

Psychic Spy

• 1,619 posts

Posted 25 September 2003 - 03:46 PM

Maybe there is a submarine in the Loch, with a plastic Nessie neck stuck on it, and why can no one find it when they search the loch? Because the sub has a built in cloaking device. Now why didn't I think of that ages ago!? thumbsup.gif  whistling2.gif  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users