Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Mothman has his own museum

UM-Bot

news icon rThe Loch Ness Monster, Bigfoot and the Jersey Devil are names recognized worldwide, hunted by those with an insatiable curiosity.

For residents of West Virginia's own Point Pleasant, there is another name that should be on that list: Mothman.

news icon View: Full Article | Source: Charleston Daily Mail

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• different

• nephilim

• ItsNannerpuss

• 1Batman1

Top Posters In This Topic

It sounds like a really fun idea. I for one would love to visit a place like that.

It's too bad we don't have a museum like that in New Jersey dedicated to our

local myth the Jersey Devil. :D

The majority of the mothman movie was actually filmed in my home town of Kittanning, PA. Our local Foodland gave a lot of money towards the filming, so to this day, up above the freezers against the one wall, there are still quite a few props, such as some twisted steel from the bridge "Collapsing," a telephone, a night stand, shoes, and the police uniforms... That's all I can remember specifically though, since I haven't been there in a few months.

I have somewhere to go this summer! :D

I'm concerned with the apparent emphasis on the movie vs the real story. Anyone familiar with both knows the movie was only very loosely based on the real mothman story. In my opinion, such a display should concern itself with fact vs popular fiction.

In the end it would be very interesting!

I'm a coule hours south of Point Pleasant and have been there before and had no idea there was a muesum I'll have to check it out next time i go.

• 5 years later...