Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

hope diamond has a curse

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#16    Ryo Ohki

Ryo Ohki

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 862 posts

Posted 20 October 2006 - 03:31 AM

I dont like diamonds. They dont have color.

Heaven didnt want me and Hell thinks I will take over.

#17    A+Certified

A+Certified

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 372 posts

• "...i got a new fridge, and the freezers on the bottom, NOW I HAVE TO BEND DOWN FOR WAFFLES! WTF IS THIS WORLD COMING TO!.."

Posted 20 October 2006 - 03:46 AM

ive seen this thing up close, its really quite beautiful. i was a little suprised at its placement in the museum, lol, it wasnt outstanding in the section it was in, you had to look for it tongue.gif

#18    RollingThunder06

RollingThunder06

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,424 posts

• Most people can hear; however, how many really listen?

Posted 20 October 2006 - 04:22 AM

I saw the misfortunes on a show that was telling about some of the museums displays. I remember another story about the Blue Diamond. The man who delivered it had some things happen to him. If I remember correctly, within a year he broke his leg, his dog died, his house caught fire and the one I am not sure about is that his wife left him. Even though I try to be logical, at the same time I don't believe in pushing luck.  blush.gif

Posted Image

#19    Dracos Nightwolf

Dracos Nightwolf

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 37 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 01:49 AM

First off, I don't believe that it's cursed. While I believe in curses, I don't think that this is what we're dealing with. The best selling proof on it not being cursed is this...

Is the other half of the stone cursed?

According to the story, there is well over half of this gem (in bits and pieces true) out there somewhere. If the curse was on the whole uncut gem, it should still be valid on the remainder of it. But is there any stories about any other cursed remainders? I haven't found anything...

#20    WolvenHeart7

WolvenHeart7

Alien Abducter

• 4,616 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 02:09 AM

Greed was probably the curse...
or coincidence made it seem to be.

#21    Rafterman

Rafterman

Telekinetic

• 7,409 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 02:08 PM

Um, yeah, curses.

Once again, no one can show any evidence that these incidents happened at any higher rate than they do in the general non-big hunkin' diamond owning population.

Apparently nothing happened to Harry Winston and he owned it for 11 years and certainly the Smithsonian has done pretty well in the past 60 years.

"For me, it is better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring."
                                                                                                                                           - Carl Sagan, The Demon-Haunted World:  Science as a Candle in the Dark

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users