Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * - - 6 votes

Fairy Photos

• Please log in to reply
559 replies to this topic

#1    Alisa

Alisa

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 21 March 2006 - 09:21 PM

I posted at the end of the Fairy Pictures thread, but thought I'd start a new topic for any comments on my photos.

I have become an avid spirit photographer, and while poring over some photos I took of trees at night, I found what I realized are fairies. I had no intention of photographing fairies, nor had I considered their existence as real before they showed up in my photos, then I decided, why not? Everything else strange under the sun (well, moon) is showing up in my photos.  There are more of my photos here.

Some people that have seen these photos have had a hard time "seeing" the fairies or found them too blury. However, the fairies seem to only turn out in my photos when I am a certain distance away from them, which makes them blurry when I enlarge the photo. Also, I did not see them with my eyes so they are obviously not 100% physical.

user posted image

I was in complete amazement for days after finding the first fairy images. That first night as I fell asleep, I felt as if the fairies were explaining to me about their culture though I cannot consciously recall any of it, but it happened over several nights. It felt as if I were going through huge volumes of books. One thing that I can remember moments before my alarm clock went off in the morning, was hearing this tiny voice that sounded like the Chipmunks (Alvin, etc.) saying, "Aww nuts, you're running away..."

I remembered the Cottingley fairies and decided to do a thorough internet search on them. When I saw their photos again I was disappointed as the fairies looked like cutouts. However, after reading many versions of the story, I found that some versions say that the girls held out for a long time that the fairies were real, and only one in the end finally agreed that 4 of the 5 photos were not real. However, this is contradicted all over the place, too. What interested me the most was reading that the man who first got his hands on the photos and negatives had them "cleaned up" as thoroughly as possible so the images would be crisp. In doing so, he had made them look fake. The fifth photo was not cleaned up and it is amazing to me because the fairies look transparent (and interdimensional) as are my fairies. Here is a copy of the fifth photo that I clarified by tinting the flesh.

user posted image

user posted image

#2    GrayTone

GrayTone

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 554 posts

• We are the facilitators of our own creative evolution

Posted 21 March 2006 - 09:24 PM

All look fake to me

Posted Image
“The road from legitimate suspicion to rampant paranoia is very much shorter than we think.”

#3    Robert1

Robert1

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,670 posts

Posted 21 March 2006 - 09:31 PM

I'm sorry but I don't see anything supernatural in your photos at all. They are just to blurry.  Personally I think you just imagine the fairies in the photo because want to see
them there. tongue.gif

#4    BurnSide

BurnSide

Through the Looking Glass

• 25,390 posts

• “Experience is not what happens to you. It is what you do with what happens to you.”

Posted 22 March 2006 - 04:00 AM

I had closed this topic but on rethinking the matter i have decided to leave it open. It is a good, well created topic and i would dislike to see it be wasted, plus Alisa has obviously put alot of thought into it.

#5    Neo2005

Neo2005

The One

• 3,523 posts

• If you die in the matrix you die here?
    The body cannot live without the mind.

Posted 22 March 2006 - 04:29 AM

I'm not sure anything is happening in your photos.
but what i an say is that Fairies are most likely not acuall entities. I don;t beleive in fairies at all.
There were pictures a long time ago in blakc and white taken by 3 girls who had faries in their backyard, these were later prooven to be fakes but i still think you should go and look at them if your interested in this line of Mythical stuff.

On further reading of your post i see hat you have already seen these photos i'm talking about.

Edited by Neo2005, 22 March 2006 - 04:30 AM.

#6    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 17,791 posts

• Hey, I'm not wrong. I'm just not completely right.

Posted 22 March 2006 - 06:55 AM

I've looked at the site where Alisa has her photos and the one above that looks like a small person sitting in a tree seems the best one to me. It could be just the patterns of the leaves and shadows, but it does look like something is there.

The Cottingley photos I believe are all faked. Even the one that Alisa points out. There seems to be more detail in the photo, but just like in a court room, the girls credibility is shot and no one will believe it could possibly be real.

Here at Intel we make processors on 12 inch wafers. And, the individual processors on the wafers are called die. And, I am employed to check these die. That is why I am the DieChecker.

At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Qualifications? This is cryptozoology, dammit! All that is required is the spirit of adventure. - Night Walker

#7    Alisa

Alisa

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 22 March 2006 - 07:02 AM

Thanks for all of the comments and for re-opening the topic.  original.gif

Yes, the two black and white photos are the Cottingley Fairies, not mine.  I find it a very believable photo, wish it was mine. wink2.gif

Here are some more fairy photos that I have captured.  Perhaps these will be easier to "see".  I might add that I have spent hundreds of hours looking closely at my photos and over time I have developed the ability to more easily spot these things that at first I did not see myself.  It has taught me to not delete any old photos, because in the future, I might see something I didn't see before!

Original photo, then original with fairies outlined...

user posted image

user posted image

Are these easier to see?  Fairies seem to be a bit like chameleons, and like many creatures, they blend into their environment for a reason.

And for anyone that wants to see something a little less sweet than fairies, I have more spirit world photos to share...

#8    Alisa

Alisa

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 22 March 2006 - 07:14 AM

DieChecker, thanks for your great comments and for viewing my other photos.  It does take some getting used to to see these anomalies.  I think it is a part of the brain (probably in the visual cortex) that gets stimulated into creating new neural pathways to discern these subtle clues.  In our urban life we just don't have a great need to look so closely at things, and most people don't pore over their photos with a fine-tooth comb looking for little anomalies, therefore, we often don't "see" them.  But based on my experience, there are lots of things happening all around us that we just don't see because we haven't been looking.

As for the Cottingley photos, I agree that the girls' credibility is shot.  That is something that really distresses me, but is a frequent occurrence.  One person starts yelling "fake", and a lot of the herd follows.  Then people start quoting it and portraying it as a fact rather than opinion.  It teaches us to look closely at everything and do a bit of research to get to the original report.  And if that is not possible, then read as many sources as you can so you can learn other variations of the story.

If you read up on the Cottingley fairies, you will find there are plenty of people who are convinced they are real.  They are just lost in the din of the people that have loudly announced the photos to be proven fakes (proven by whom, I always wonder...)

#9    jackie boy

jackie boy

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 105 posts

• Why does it always rain on me?

Posted 22 March 2006 - 10:21 AM

First of all,great work Alisa  thumbsup.gif
It's obvious that you put a lot of effort in the subject,which is really admirable.

Well,about the pics I do believe they might be showing something,it just may not be what we think.If you believe in fairies they show you fairies,if you don't they just show some weird shadow formings on a tree.If you believe and are sure of what you saw,Alisa,then I don't think you need to prove us anything at all.Some will say the pics are fake,some will say misinterpretations etc.but if you say they are fairies,then indeed they are.

Me?I really try hard to see them but I fail,though not miserably..Let's just say I want to believe  yes.gif

I would a like to mention a few things that,if I'm not mistaken,were unnoticed.
In the cottingley pic where you say there is a reflection of a fairy wing I see two little faces,one is mostly transparent and appears to be in a strange angle compared to the other one on its right.
And,is that an orb in the pic of the tree fairies right under the fairy in the middle?

sen yine de o yolun sonundaydın
sen yine de hiçbir şey yapamazdın
sen uyuşuk, tembel, yalnızdın
sen...

#10    frogfish

frogfish

ஆங்கிலத்த&

• 11,142 posts

• Flyfishing -- the Art of the Gods

Posted 22 March 2006 - 04:17 PM

The lines you outlined never existed there...they were just leaves. You drew hte lines to show fairies

-Frogfish-
Posted Image
Researcher-Prostate Cancer Oncogene Research
University of Michigan Comprehensive Cancer Center

The National Center for Biotech Information
My Photo Gallery: Capturing India

Fishing is a Way of Life!

#11    novaceleste

novaceleste

Psychic Spy

• 1,348 posts

Posted 22 March 2006 - 05:07 PM

I believe in fairies, but I can't see these pictures being real. sad.gif I wish they were.

Not all who wander are lost.

#12    Robert1

Robert1

Psychic Spy

• 1,670 posts

Posted 22 March 2006 - 05:41 PM

I'm sorry Alisa, but I still don't see anything supernatural.  Even in the close-up,
outlined photos, I only see patterns in the leaves.  I wish I could see them the way
you do, but the fact is I just don't.  But keep taking your pictures.  Maybe you'll
capture a photo of fairies that will convince us all.

#13    The Skeptic Eric Raven

The Skeptic Eric Raven

Master Blaster

• 11,065 posts

• One day love will find me.....

Posted 22 March 2006 - 05:56 PM

I don't see anything but leaves either.

........the sleeper has awoken!
Sometimes we need a kick in the butt to wake us up. Well, I'm up now!Boo ya.

...there are many things in life that will capture your eye, but very few will capture your heart. These are the ones to pursue. These are the ones worth keeping..."

#14    chunga

chunga

Remote Viewer

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 568 posts

Posted 22 March 2006 - 06:01 PM

I don't see anything but leaves either.

Only those with vision can see.

#15    The Skeptic Eric Raven

The Skeptic Eric Raven

Master Blaster

• 11,065 posts

• One day love will find me.....

Posted 22 March 2006 - 06:02 PM

Only those with vision can see.

Well, so far it sounds like most everyone doesn't see them. thumbsup.gif

........the sleeper has awoken!
Sometimes we need a kick in the butt to wake us up. Well, I'm up now!Boo ya.

...there are many things in life that will capture your eye, but very few will capture your heart. These are the ones to pursue. These are the ones worth keeping..."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users