Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Before The Big Bang

• Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic

#46    Homer

Homer

Government Agent

• 3,814 posts

Posted 07 March 2003 - 04:00 AM

KATSUNARI,
If you disagree with me, then it appears you haven't read what I posted, because nothing I posted can be disagreed with by ANYONE! You stated you disagreed with me, but didn't state what it was I said you disagreed with. How convenient  rolleyes.gif

You said: "there is an on going study about the existence of a much older Universe"
So what? I never said anything contrary to that. But thats not what your old buddy Spaceman said. He said 'Its now a known fact that our universe existed long b4 the bigbang', and I'm simply calling him out on that fact, fully expecting to be amply supplied with the facts as soon as he replies to this post.  rolleyes.gif

You said: "nothing's wrong with what spaceman trying to imply"
Yet you don't question his absolute certainty and 'well known facts'?

I will say to you as I said to Spaceman. You are either misinformed or a liar, and the only exception to this is perhaps you misunderstood what was posted.                                                  

אַ֭תָּה אֱלֹהֵ֣י יִשְׁעִ֑י

#47    nishma

nishma

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 March 2003 - 05:28 AM

welll........i think if we wouldve known the answer to THAT question, then man wouldnt have been studying space science and cosmology any more.
we'll find it soon!!! (meaning, centuries!! ohmy.gif                                                  

#48    SPAC3MAN

SPAC3MAN

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 07 March 2003 - 08:45 AM

woohooo -bigbang- difinition a massive supernova u dummy! user posted image

parallel dimensions- read Stephen hawking   "Brief History of Time"  & Michiako kiko
and u calling me a liar-  wat i have stated is based on current studies of the universe - u see we will never agree, my professor warns us about this, since there is no definite answers to these questions - there is always some wannabe -know it all -hu wanted to defy himself with his own stupidity. why wont u write  ur own book, instead of hanging around on some internet chatroom.-- (let me guess--here comes homers ever dramatic speech of self acclaimed physicist) --

#49    Homer

Homer

Government Agent

• 3,814 posts

Posted 07 March 2003 - 12:54 PM

Spaceman,

You said: "and u calling me a liar- wat i have stated is based on current studies of the universe" and "my professor warns us about this, since there is no definite answers to these questions"

But contradictory to this you said: "Its now a known fact that our universe existed long b4 the bigbang"

Understand I'm not calling you a liar because you believe in recent studies, but because you called them 'known facts', which they are not.

No dramatic speech necessary as your own words proved either your lie or your ignorance.                                                  

#50    j6p

j6p

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 535 posts

Posted 08 March 2003 - 06:46 PM

Homer, my friend. We have debated things of great depth and have discussed light subjects and I trust that we will do so again in the future. We disagree and we agree and we let some things lie but we've never resorted to name calling and childish personal attacks such as your little friend does.
Homer you are dealing with a child here. A child that knows more than we could ever hope to know, he is "17" and he eats physics for breakfast. You can not win an argument with such a person, you can not get your point of view through to such a person because he is brilliance personified. I have learned one thing in my travels that has helped me keep my senses in such circumstances: Never argue with a fool, they will bring you down to their level and beat the shit out of you.

BTW Homer, please relay to your friend that on my other post, the one discussing "Recent stats. on our Universe". My source was NASA in a 3/6/03 report but I will concede that your friend and his professor have a more current and reliable source of information. I would be curious to view their sources...just for the fun of it.                                                  

#51    Homer

Homer

Government Agent

• 3,814 posts

Posted 09 March 2003 - 03:43 AM

j6p,
I understand what you're saying, but his foolishness didn't phase me at all. I know I was dealing with a child, but I won't allow a child to trash my house(not that this is my house, but you understand my point) I didn't have to stoop to his level, and instead I used his own words against him, thereby making himself expose his own stupidity. It was rather easy and it was over in three posts. smile.gif

BTW, don't worry about the stats, because the only professor Spaceman knows is on Gilligan's Island biggrin.gif                                                  

#52    Kira

Kira

Government Agent

• 4,183 posts

• Sexiest,
    Prettiest,
    Bloodthirstiest,
    Elf Member of the
    Six Worst Men of the Apfelschnaps.

Thanks TO xx

Posted 09 March 2003 - 02:48 PM

smile.gif  rolleyes.gif You know I 'd just like to say at this point I do hope that you both continue with this and other threads. As I find it fascinating... I know from reading prev posts that this is a fav subject of Homer's but read another's point of view from a different angle like yours j6p..... just make the subject all the more fascinating.
No ego stroking, just and honest opinion. smile.gif                                                  

Edited by Celticwitch_00, 09 March 2003 - 02:51 PM.

We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.

#53    Homer

Homer

Government Agent

• 3,814 posts

Posted 09 March 2003 - 08:03 PM

Yes, this is a favorite topic of mine smile.gif

I agree CW, another point of view makes it interesting, and I enjoy j6p's and others input, to show a different angle.                                                  

#54    Kismit

Kismit

Telekinetic

• 7,680 posts

Posted 10 March 2003 - 12:00 AM

Forgive me for this Intrusion but I was really looking forward to seeing Homer kick Spacemans Butt . No ego stroking here either .
    I could just see Spaceman digging his own little hole and was ammused by the fact that his ego wouldn't let him see when he had gotten in over his head . salook.gif

I think Spaceman (allthough I too am just a mindless adult) you should check out the posts of the people you are arguing with first just so that you know what you are up against. That is ego stroking but only because it is deserved by both Homer and j6p.                                                  

#55    PurpleStuart

PurpleStuart

Goth

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,118 posts

• The Most Purple Haired Gothic Hedonistic member of the Six Worst Men of the Apfelschnaps

Posted 10 March 2003 - 12:51 AM

Now this is one subject that can capsize your brain if you think on it too hard smile.gif

I haven't checked into this, so i have no idea if this has already been disproven or even held up as a credible theory, but what if there was more than one big bang? Now i don't mean the cycle of Big Bang, Big Crunch, Big Bang or theories on parrallel dimensions, but the possibity there may be more than one universe making up the whole, in the same way there that many galaxies make up our universe and many stars make up galaxies.  Each universe would be created by big bangs but not all at the same time (in the same way that supernovas don't all happen at the same time).

Does that make sense?                                                  

never take me too seriously

#56    j6p

j6p

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 535 posts

Posted 10 March 2003 - 02:44 AM

I don't know bout you Homer but I'm blushing over here, thanks for being my friend Celti and Kismet.

Purple Stuart, I see the same thing you do. Many bangs, some out of our range of perception. I see them all as one"Universe" also.  I can't get my mind wrapped around this multiple dimension idea. I wish I could and maybe some day it will come to me but as it stands right now, it's gotta almost smack me upside the head before I accept it.
I don't know if you've ever heard of the ant and the hose analogy of a two dimensional world or the residents of a place called "Flatland" but I suspect that I'm like that flat lander. I'm walking around in my two dimensional world and all of a sudden ++WHAM++ there it is. Right in front of my eyes something, apparently from nowhere, materializes. Then it hits me, maybe there is something beyond this two dimensional world of mine. Like I said though, for now I'm sticking with my little four dimensional world.                                                  

#57    Homer

Homer

Government Agent

• 3,814 posts

Posted 10 March 2003 - 12:59 PM

I know what you mean j6p smile.gif

When Phantom and myself take over the world, there just may be room in the administration for those two. In fact, there can be room for all the forum chicks wub.gif  tongue.gif                                                  

#58    Kismit

Kismit

Telekinetic

• 7,680 posts

Posted 12 March 2003 - 08:38 AM

Homer ,
    no offence but you do take short hand don't you , and I'm sure phantom can make  coffee. When Celtic and I acheive world domination we may need a couple of secretaries    wink.gif  biggrin.gif                                                  

#59    Kira

Kira

Government Agent

• 4,183 posts

• Sexiest,
    Prettiest,
    Bloodthirstiest,
    Elf Member of the
    Six Worst Men of the Apfelschnaps.

Thanks TO xx

Posted 12 March 2003 - 08:55 AM

ohmy.gif  biggrin.gif @ Homer and Phantom.... 'When you take over the world' wink.gif

laugh.gif  laugh.gif  laugh.gif  laugh.gif  I don't think so somehow, this tinme leave it to the women this time I know and the Forum ladies will agree with me.... we will do a better job biggrin.gif  tongue.gif

*so can you make coffee and take shorthand either of you??? smile.gif                                                   

We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.

#60    Halo_Jones

Halo_Jones

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,067 posts

• Thanks to Universal Absurdity and The Barman for my new Groovy Dynamite Diva.....See UA & thebarman's Animated Avatar Workshop

Posted 12 March 2003 - 09:48 AM

laugh.gif  laugh.gif  laugh.gif @ Celti & Kismit
Can we get them to dress up as secretatries aswell? complete with short skirts and high heels.
Mines a tea with 1 sugar biggrin.gif                                                  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users