Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Death, Life or Tourcher

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

Poll: Death, Life or Tourcher (34 member(s) have cast votes)

if someone commits a very high otrosity, or even war crimes which should they recive and why

1. Death, the scum deservers to die! (12 votes [35.29%])

Percentage of vote: 35.29%

2. Life, Let him rot and think about what he/she did ! (12 votes [35.29%])

Percentage of vote: 35.29%

3. Tourcher, its a mix of death and life ! (10 votes [29.41%])

Percentage of vote: 29.41%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1    Mostar

Mostar

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 917 posts

Posted 24 March 2006 - 04:12 AM

I always wonder about this, lets say hitler was caught would they kill him sentence him to life or tourcher or something like that i would say tourcher.  This is only for seriose crimes.

You're All Crazy

#2    Glacies

Glacies

THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE!!!!

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,095 posts

• How much wood, would a woodchuck chuck, if a woodchuck could chuck wood...perhaps there are some things we are not meant to know...

Posted 24 March 2006 - 04:20 AM

while i do admire your passion towards this idea, (i would probably chose death sentence, but who knows dependent upon what they offender had done) however, what about a selection for those who would chose to let the offender live so they could forgive them. just saying the selections for the poll seem to be a bit...in favour of pain for the person involved. not saying that's a bad thing all the time...just an observance.

Posted Image
Let the record stand, AC is blind.

#3    Talon

Talon

UM Chess Tournament Champion 2005

• 15,003 posts

• Life, Death, Anime inbetween

Posted 25 March 2006 - 02:39 AM

Its spelled torture tongue.gif

Anyway, Death should be the punishment for criminals such as Murderers, rapists, happy slappers, muggers, burglars, con-men, repeat offenders, etc  Basically any crime that in aimed at individual citizens and not establishments (e.g. breaking into someone's house and stealing their possessions is an act so evil it can only be truly be avenged by hanging the b*stard, however stop-lifting will sickening isn't as bad as its not aimed at an individual and doesn't have the same psychological impact on the victim).

Torture should be used on terrorists to find out their info. And then they should be shot in the head and cremated in secret so that they don't become martyrs.

I'm a lovely person arn't I tongue.gif

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something." -Plato

#4    RamboIII

RamboIII

Killer Without Reason

• Banned
  • 2,124 posts

Posted 25 March 2006 - 02:48 AM

you dont torture someone like hitler. he was the leader of the most feared enemy of the 20th century. an evil man yes, but you must repsect his military genius.  they would have sent him to prison, but he might have asked to be killed now that i think about it...

#5    Rykster

Rykster

Keep thy religion to thyself.

• Banned
  • 2,132 posts
  • Location:Screaming through the universe on a pale blue dot...Wheee!

• I debunk you not out of hostility, but rather in search of the truth...

Posted 25 March 2006 - 02:49 AM

I'm against torture (for the most part anyway)

I don't think society should bear the finacial burden of keeping criminals alive for life in prison.

Kill 'em and use their organs for transplants.

Posted Image

Resistance is futile!

#6    Mostar

Mostar

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 917 posts

Posted 25 March 2006 - 02:54 AM

Its spelled torture tongue.gif

Anyway, Death should be the punishment for criminals such as Murderers, rapists, happy slappers, muggers, burglars, con-men, repeat offenders, etc  Basically any crime that in aimed at individual citizens and not establishments (e.g. breaking into someone's house and stealing their possessions is an act so evil it can only be truly be avenged by hanging the b*stard, however stop-lifting will sickening isn't as bad as its not aimed at an individual and doesn't have the same psychological impact on the victim).

Torture should be used on terrorists to find out their info. And then they should be shot in the head and cremated in secret so that they don't become martyrs.
I'm a lovely person arn't I tongue.gif

Torture, thanks for that i did spell check and it didnt help lol sorry. But if they die then they havent lurnet their lesson. Tortue them a lil.

Some say Terrrorists Some say Freedom fighters. America steals oil and bombs them  saying osama is there and binladen, might as well take oil while your at it lol, forcing people to resist and you call them terrorists ? Hell i would fight back, back with a big aeroplane, but that was an inside job apparently  wacko.gif  gunsmilie.gif

You're All Crazy

#7    Talon

Talon

UM Chess Tournament Champion 2005

• 15,003 posts

• Life, Death, Anime inbetween

Posted 25 March 2006 - 03:19 AM

Torture, thanks for that i did spell check and it didnt help lol sorry. But if they die then they havent lurnet their lesson.

I doubt very much even torture is going to make some criminals learn their lessions, they're just to far gone.

Some say Terrrorists Some say Freedom fighters. America steals oil and bombs them saying osama is there and binladen, might as well take oil while your at it lol, forcing people to resist and you call them terrorists ? Hell i would fight back, back with a big aeroplane, but that was an inside job apparently  

I'm afraid I don't quite see what part of murdering the primary school children of Beslan and similar acts can be seen as the act of a 'freedom fighter'.

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something." -Plato

#8    Glacies

Glacies

• 2,095 posts

• How much wood, would a woodchuck chuck, if a woodchuck could chuck wood...perhaps there are some things we are not meant to know...

Posted 25 March 2006 - 03:25 AM

I agree with talon on this, torture can be used as a valuable tool, especially against terrorists. yes.gif

Posted Image

#9    RamboIII

RamboIII

Killer Without Reason

• Banned
  • 2,124 posts

Posted 25 March 2006 - 03:27 AM

torture is inhumane

#10    Glacies

Glacies

• 2,095 posts

Posted 25 March 2006 - 03:31 AM

torture is inhumane

yes, though some would say death penalty is also...'eye for an eye only leaves the whole world blind' and whatnot, i do understand the concept of harming someone to save others is a bit...odd, barbaric even, yet, you gotta ask where would your priorities be if torture was the only way to stop another terrorist attack? (not saying torture is even that effective btw, merely playing devil's advocate, that and i'm slightly biased towards any means necessary, watched too many bruce willis movies...)

Posted Image

#11    Boff

Boff

Psychic Spy

• 1,222 posts

• Free Tibet

Posted 25 March 2006 - 03:42 AM

life in prison.

#12    Shivel

Shivel

Poltergeist

• 2,287 posts

Posted 25 March 2006 - 03:46 AM

The life he would have  had if he were in a kind of imprisonment would be far worse than death, I think.

Incidentally, the Spell Check button is something to be aware of.

#13    RamboIII

RamboIII

Killer Without Reason

• Banned
  • 2,124 posts

Posted 25 March 2006 - 03:55 AM

why does everyone harp on using the spell check? i can understand misspelled words so dont give them a hard time!

#14    Conspiracy

Conspiracy

Poltergeist

• 3,074 posts

• "I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." - Albert Einstein

Posted 25 March 2006 - 03:59 AM

life in prison.

costs to much, i say a bullet in the head and its done

Posted Image

#15    Pax Unum

Pax Unum

< 420 Conspirator >

• 18,766 posts

• "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." - Aristotle

Posted 25 March 2006 - 04:06 AM

I'm against torture (for the most part anyway)

I don't think society should bear the finacial burden of keeping criminals alive for life in prison.

Kill 'em and use their organs for transplants.

I agree  thumbsup.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users