Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Virus poses as Microsoft update

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1    Druss

Druss

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,209 posts

• My tongue is firmly in my cheek

Posted 19 September 2003 - 03:52 PM

A Windows virus masquerading as a security update from Microsoft is spreading via e-mail, warn experts.
The worm, dubbed Swen or Gibe, comes as an e-mail attachment and exploits a two-year-old hole in Internet Explorer.

Nearly 35,000 copies of the worm in 82 countries have been reported by one security company, while another has classified it as a high risk.

Computer users are advised not to click on attachments in unknown e-mails and update their systems.

View : Full Article | Source :BBC News

#2    Engulf

Engulf

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,436 posts

• "The wise only speaks when it is right, while the fool always speaks as though he is right."

Posted 19 September 2003 - 04:18 PM

thanks for the link Druss original.gif  

"Remember the truth is not for everyone - most people just do not want to know." --Robert Morningsky

"Since you are like no other being ever created since the beginning of time, you are incomparible." --Brenda Ueland

"Knowledge is strength, ignorance does not grant you any immunity." --Purple Crow

"I do not see any sin in the world, but I see a great deal of ignorance." --George Sand

#3    Seraphina

Seraphina

Voted Best Member 2005

• 7,133 posts

• Everyone likes a smouldering and sexy glare from a diminutive scientist.

Posted 20 September 2003 - 01:17 PM

*wonders if she's odd for considering hackers/scum who attack home PC users on the same boat as terrorists disgust.gif*

Posted Image

Apparantly, over on Exchristian.Net, they say that I'm "probably the smartest person" on UM....that is so cool...

#4    Guest_Fugu_Fish_*

Guest_Fugu_Fish_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 October 2003 - 11:50 PM

crying.gif  severly fugged me and my networked freinds up....couldnt play for at least a day....

Have xp update patch for whoever wants it....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users