Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

French town offers live Internet weddings

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1    Althalus

Althalus

Alien Abducter

• 4,906 posts

Posted 19 September 2003 - 07:37 PM

MONTBELIARD, France (AFP) - Couples looking to tie the knot in a very public way should head to the eastern French town of Montbeliard, where from October, city hall will offer live webcasts of civil wedding ceremonies.
A camera will transmit an image from the city hall's marriage room every three seconds on the town's website, officials said, in order to allow relatives and friends living far afield to "attend" the ceremonies.
The future brides and grooms have the option of refusing the webcast, officials noted.

Yahoo News

"We make choices everyday, some of them good, some of them bad. And - if we are strong enough - we live with the consequences."
David Gemmell

#2    Starlyte

Starlyte

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,657 posts

• Wisdom begins in wonder.
    --Socrates

Posted 24 September 2003 - 05:05 PM

I've seen a lot of these "Wedding Web-cams".  There was one that was at a hotel in Vegas.  I actually got to see someone get married.  Of course I couldn't here anything that was going on.  I personally don't think I would want to do this. original.gif  

The Earth has music for those who listen." - Shakespeare

Posted Image

#3    Engulf

Engulf

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,436 posts

• "The wise only speaks when it is right, while the fool always speaks as though he is right."

Posted 25 September 2003 - 06:19 PM

first there were ghostcams,now wedcams?? dontgetit.gif  

"Remember the truth is not for everyone - most people just do not want to know." --Robert Morningsky

"Since you are like no other being ever created since the beginning of time, you are incomparible." --Brenda Ueland

"Knowledge is strength, ignorance does not grant you any immunity." --Purple Crow

"I do not see any sin in the world, but I see a great deal of ignorance." --George Sand

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users