Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Oujua Boards?

• Please log in to reply
85 replies to this topic

#1    Tallulah

Tallulah

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 13 posts

• The world was not given to you by our parents, it was loaned to you by your children
    ~African Proverb

Posted 27 March 2006 - 12:43 AM

I recently got a Ouija board from my mom as a joke present 'cus she knows I'm into Divination and stuff, but I've heard that only bad spirits communicate through them. Is that true?

#2    dreamhunter

dreamhunter

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 740 posts

• where there is light there is always a darkness

Posted 27 March 2006 - 12:47 AM

for some it is, like me.

Posted Image

#3    The Boy

The Boy

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 27 March 2006 - 01:01 AM

No not necessarily. However, "bad" spirits may exploit the weak

#4    Boltwave

Boltwave

Lord of the Lightning

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,653 posts

• "In order for someone to accept that something exists that person must first begin to see it."

Posted 27 March 2006 - 01:49 AM

I recently got a Ouija board from my mom as a joke present 'cus she knows I'm into Divination and stuff, but I've heard that only bad spirits communicate through them. Is that true?

First of all you shouldn't even consider playing with the ouija, trust me, you won't attract anything good from it, no matter how much a certain spirit tells you that it is a good and beautiful spirit, you might want to read this story here:

http://www.circleofchristianwomen.com/my_testimony.htm

Seriously though, this isn't the first topic about ouija boards, if you want to find some of the familiar questions answered, do a search.

How does anything come into existence, without existence being there to begin within itself?

I am very predictable, in the sense that I am unpredictable.

#5    Glacies

Glacies

THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE!!!!

• 2,095 posts

• How much wood, would a woodchuck chuck, if a woodchuck could chuck wood...perhaps there are some things we are not meant to know...

Posted 27 March 2006 - 01:51 AM

I was going to say the same things, specifically making note of the plethora of other ouija board threads out there. best case scenario, this thread get's merged! yay! worst case, it get's closed.  sad.gif  I do hope you enjoy your board though.

Posted Image
Let the record stand, AC is blind.

#6    primordial

primordial

Psychic Spy

• 1,695 posts

• I'd hate to die twice. It's so boring-- Richard Feynman, physicist, d. 1988

Posted 27 March 2006 - 01:58 AM

Play with the board until it convinces you.  There is going to be various people that is going to tell you to not mess with Ouija boards. However , they have no evidence to back that up. Think about that.  
Keep the board, try with friends, and  if you do sense or invite something malevolent ..be pleased that you know that something is out there with us and not alone.

Angels on the sideline,
Baffled and confused.
Father blessed them all with reason.
And this is what they choose...
And this is what they choose.

#7    FrankBlunt

FrankBlunt

One

• Closed
  • 1,512 posts

Posted 27 March 2006 - 02:02 AM

Tallulah,

If you're interested, below is a post that discussed the benefits of Ouija and the flawed reasoning behind the "gun control" approach to the Ouija phenomenon.

Filming a Documentary
http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum...showtopic=57888

Happy Reading,
Brian

about:Blank - No news is good news.  Consistent, reliable, and spyware-free.

#8    Boltwave

Boltwave

Lord of the Lightning

• Banned
  • 1,653 posts

• "In order for someone to accept that something exists that person must first begin to see it."

Posted 27 March 2006 - 02:28 AM

Play with the board until it convinces you.  There is going to be various people that is going to tell you to not mess with Ouija boards. However , they have no evidence to back that up. Think about that.  
Keep the board, try with friends, and  if you do sense or invite something malevolent ..be pleased that you know that something is out there with us and not alone.

That is one of the most foolish things I think you can tell anyone as given advice, it seems as though the way you seem to consider full-proof or safe is digging a mudhole pit and putting a bear trap inside, covering the opening with a bunch of leaves so that it goes unnoticed, but then again if someone hadn't known or was asking questions as to where beartraps might be you would respond by saying "ah don't worry about it, there's nothing out there, just a bunch of leaves and mud pits" but what if someone should fall inside and get their foot stuck in one of these traps? And what if the people most likely to accidentally injure themselves this way advise people not to take that certain route which leads to who else in hell knows what?

Please elaborate how people that give advice as to not play with ouija boards can't back themselves up, because I'm curios to know whether or not allot of people that have said such things are just plain loony or are they being sarcastic? Either way your right.  rolleyes.gif

Edited by Boltwave, 27 March 2006 - 02:35 AM.

How does anything come into existence, without existence being there to begin within itself?

#9    novaceleste

novaceleste

Psychic Spy

• 1,348 posts

Posted 27 March 2006 - 03:10 AM

Please, please, please be careful with what you may be getting into. I have used one in the past with my very best friend and nothing good came out of it. I mean there were some strange things happening at the time, but for a few weeks later she and I both had a terrifying feeling that something was following us. We had things that were miss placed. I think that there are safer ways of sommunicating with the other side. please consider all options before messing with a oujua board. no.gif  dontgetit.gif

Not all who wander are lost.

#10    Boltwave

Boltwave

Lord of the Lightning

• Banned
  • 1,653 posts

Posted 27 March 2006 - 03:35 AM

Please, please, please be careful with what you may be getting into. I have used one in the past with my very best friend and nothing good came out of it. I mean there were some strange things happening at the time, but for a few weeks later she and I both had a terrifying feeling that something was following us. We had things that were miss placed. I think that there are safer ways of sommunicating with the other side. please consider all options before messing with a oujua board. no.gif  dontgetit.gif

Thank you! Someone agrees!  grin2.gif

However I would have to say it's of best interest to not contact any spirit at all, it's none of our buisness until we get there, the dead should not be molested, actually, I shouldn't even been saying the "dead" I should be saying that demons shouldn't have a wide open door with a welcome mat at the doorstep that says "please enjoy your stay"

Good post though regardless  yes.gif

#11    voltaura

voltaura

Alien Embryo

• Validating
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 27 March 2006 - 04:08 AM

live in the sandbox ya built ~~~
anything outside one's self--is a tether to earth ~~
restricting dimensions ~~~
beware of confining self to a one-sided ignorance--
's thats where you'll go ~~~
spirits everlasting

#12    primordial

primordial

Psychic Spy

• 1,695 posts

• I'd hate to die twice. It's so boring-- Richard Feynman, physicist, d. 1988

Posted 27 March 2006 - 04:24 AM

Sure it is fine advice to rid of Ouija board if they have it, but in all the forums and threads about the O.B, there is not one shred of proven fact that it works(but only spooky "stories"). Think hard about that and accept realism whole-heartedly. It is not even used for a scientific tool for communication. The O.B. is not even mentioned in the bible. Most people really need to believe in something, and a Ouija Board is one of them. And it’s ingenuous to think that these boards are useful.
Ouija boards started in the mid 19th century when spiritualism became wildly popular in the United States and Europe. It became an obsession and  most of the séances became “pranks”.  Warn all you want, its not going to work. Keep the board. Our species need to grow up.

Edited by primordial, 27 March 2006 - 04:25 AM.

Angels on the sideline,
Baffled and confused.
Father blessed them all with reason.
And this is what they choose...
And this is what they choose.

#13    Beggars

Beggars

Psychic Spy

• 1,835 posts

• "We dream of ways to break these iron bars."

Posted 27 March 2006 - 04:34 AM

all i can say is be careful,me personally,i just stay away from them i don't even like to talk about them

#14    Boltwave

Boltwave

Lord of the Lightning

• Banned
  • 1,653 posts

Posted 27 March 2006 - 05:02 AM

Sure it is fine advice to rid of Ouija board if they have it, but in all the forums and threads about the O.B, there is not one shred of proven fact that it works(but only spooky "stories"). Think hard about that and accept realism whole-heartedly. It is not even used for a scientific tool for communication. The O.B. is not even mentioned in the bible. Most people really need to believe in something, and a Ouija Board is one of them. And it’s ingenuous to think that these boards are useful.
Ouija boards started in the mid 19th century when spiritualism became wildly popular in the United States and Europe. It became an obsession and  most of the séances became “pranks”.  Warn all you want, its not going to work. Keep the board. Our species need to grow up.

There are things not mentioned in the bible specifically, that is true, however the bible is a giant metaphor, it is neither specific, nor 100% literal, people need to identify what the difference is between the two when spoken or reading such a book, the bible has addressed this issue, but never in the direct sense, the bible says that no one is to worship idols or commit idolatry, not to worship other gods other than oneself, this is a generalization that at this time people were rebelling what was being taught (an ongoing political arguement even unto this day) it also gives the impression that seperate religions were being founded, it does not specify anything directly, it just says "do not worship idols or multiple gods"

The bible also says that we are not to tamper with anything supernatural unless it is granted by his permission, otherwise we cannot make of any kind of spiritual contact to reach any type of spirit under the influence of self-will or temptation of any kind, this power and force is the result of which is provided by Satan and all demonic power, he was the very first tempter, his title hence "the father of lies" it also says that he was a murderer in the beginning, he came to cheat, tempt, kill and destroy.

In the text it talks about serpents, scorpions, poisonous and evil spirits which roam the earth seeking after the exact purpose of that of Satan, to carry out evil and despair to anyone who wishes to seek after temptation, bring pain to others, have little defence against the devil and his demons, or invites any type of force which opens the door.

#15    voltaura

voltaura

Alien Embryo

• Validating
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 27 March 2006 - 05:16 AM

user posted image

~~my family revival ~~
~~  live copperheads ~~
've 0 trust factor of all man made
what's NOT an ouija board ???

Edited by voltaura, 27 March 2006 - 08:22 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users