Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Oujua Boards?

• Please log in to reply
85 replies to this topic

#76    Oubli

Oubli

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 942 posts

• Ich Sehe Alles, und alles ist gerade dabei laut aufzuschreien.

Posted 12 April 2006 - 01:34 AM

Please provide evidence that the board works..that all!
I say it don't work because it was mainly used for Pranks..a game. innocent.gif

I tend to agree with you to a cerain extent.  I mean, you hear all these "horrific and terrifying stories".  If these things happened as commonly as we hear, there would be more proof, or something...

#77    Regan17

Regan17

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 82 posts

• "We're creatures of the underworld. We can't afford to love"

Posted 12 April 2006 - 02:05 AM

I tend to agree with you to a cerain extent.  I mean, you hear all these "horrific and terrifying stories".  If these things happened as commonly as we hear, there would be more proof, or something...

That's what I would always say before what happened earlier this evening.  I REALLY wish I DID have some proof but you can't really prove it can you? I mean, what evidence would you except as proof? most evidence when it comes to the paranormal can always be "explained" in some way. When it comes to such a tricky subject, its hard to tell whats overactive imagination, and whats the cold, hard truth. And whenever I would read those "horrific and terrifying stories" I would remind myself that this board is mass produced, it's sold in the toy store, it's ages 8 and up.. its a game. But I think now that it's not the board itself..its what the board is used for that makes these things happen: Contacting Spirits. and i feel like I'm rambling now, but all I know is.. I don't have proof of what happened to me today. But I know that I came to the board to day with excitement and curiousity, skeptical of all the stories..and not afraid of it, but I left scared to death. I won't soon forget what it felt like, and I know what I saw, and I know the impact it had on me, and I do not plan on using that thing again. Whether it be overactive imagination or not.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#78    FrankBlunt

FrankBlunt

One

• Closed
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,512 posts

Posted 12 April 2006 - 04:36 AM

The extreme examples and advisories of evil are about as effective in preventing Ouija board use as the anti-tobacco ads are against teen smoking.  Vilify just about anything and curiosity/rebellion ensues.  It's worked well for cigarette sales, and the human race continues to thrive, so that just about says it for the talk against man's favorite form of recreation.

There is no such thing as bad press.  It's not as if Parker Brothers needs to advertise the board on TV.

About:Blank - No news is good news.  Consistent, reliable, and spyware-free.

#79    Paranormalcy

Paranormalcy

Interterrestrial Being

• 5,621 posts

• "Friday, Friday, gotta get down on Friday."

Posted 12 April 2006 - 05:59 AM

Nor do Parker Brothers need to keep in their product line an ancient occult device to put us mere mortals into forbidden contact with the Nine Outer Planes of Hell, but to hear some people, they do, and only charge $30 USD or less for it, so I'd say its obvious they're not only just an evil giant toy corporation, but one that is encouraging OCCULTISM and SATANISM, BLARGH-BOOGEDY-BOO!

The use of ouija boards is all mental and related to intent - its the "paranormal" equivelant of a magic eye book or an optical illusion - if you look at it right, on purpose, you can see the hidden/obscured message/image, just like you can see perfect outlines of dragons or Abraham Lincoln in clouds. I think the board is an interesting and sometimes intiguing little hobby, especially if there is some pyschic functioning at work during the session, but as far as its preturnatural reputation - ballyhoo, I use mine for a sandwich serving tray.

| Ouija/Ideomotor | Sleep Paralys./Hypnogogia | Ouija: 252 hrs/4yrs

#80    bubs_satansreject

bubs_satansreject

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 292 posts

• Why_live_life_from[dream_to_dream] And_dread_the_day_when[dreaming_ends]

Posted 12 April 2006 - 10:45 AM

The extreme examples and advisories of evil are about as effective in preventing Ouija board use as the anti-tobacco ads are against teen smoking.  Vilify just about anything and curiosity/rebellion ensues.  It's worked well for cigarette sales, and the human race continues to thrive, so that just about says it for the talk against man's favorite form of recreation.

There is no such thing as bad press.  It's not as if Parker Brothers needs to advertise the board on TV.

LOL true.

I think when there is an extreme story, people usually dismiss it as exaggerated ahd it is hard to gain proof since people are being harmed mentally most of the time and sometimes physically so what can you do to proof it to a lot of people at once? If there are several extreme stories gathered together as some sort of document to show people what harm can come by using the O.B, I think people will just spend time criticising the details and go on about exaggeration within the story, missing the whole point of the document as a warning altogether. Some idiots might thrive on the excitment that they might be contacting evil spirits whilst some are just curious. There are bound to be people that have different opinions, I have known people that tries to tell me about the advantages of doing drugs, people can all see things very differently.

Edited by bubs_satansreject, 12 April 2006 - 10:50 AM.

*Bubs*

[what is there worth reaching for ]

[......]
          [*Trap*ped]
[in my own planet]
[Can*i*become comfortably*Numb*]

#81    Cobe

Cobe

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 April 2006 - 11:12 AM

Hi guys.

Im a Paranormal Investigator so i kinda have a fair bit of experience using all types of equipement to contact spirits.

Ouija Boards are strange things.

You hear of many stories regarding their use..obviousely some are fake, some are glamourised and others obviousely are true.

One such true story is of my mum and her friends. they was all going to do a Ouija Board after school. My mum decided against it and come straight home however, Her friends decided to do it.

After the meeting they departed and all suffered unexplainable happenings.

Most of the girls reported being chased home from school ngiht after night by an entity that they couldnt see.. The girl who arranged and held the Ouija Board had the same.. she woke up one morning covered head to foot in scratches.

This story is as true as this website..

Most people think about contacting the dead but we must take into consideration that we dont know anything about it.

When you see Paranormal Investigators doing this sort of stuff, they do it with a medium and the medium kind of shields us from negative energy.

The idea of a Ouija Board is to contact spirits of dead people. You cannot control who will reply.

Ouija Boards were built to contact the dead and ask specific questions and get specific replies (Word for Word)

A upturned glass is placed on the board and all perticipants place one index finger very lightly on the top of the glass.

The spirit now using the combined energy of the people will move the glass accordingly.

The one problem with a Ouija Board is you cannot control how hard people are pushing against the glass..so ideally you need people to be totaly honest and not push at all.

Hope this proves to be usefull..

Cobe
Paranormal Investigator

#82    the14u2cee

the14u2cee

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,458 posts

• I Believe....

Posted 12 April 2006 - 01:09 PM

I just wanted to add a story about the ole OB, i myself have never messed with it but there is a reason, My mom told me about the time her friends found one in an old abandon house, they took it home and sat there for awhile, a couple of weeks past and she had her friends over and they decided to play around with it,of course being the young girls they were they asked Questions about boys, getting married,having kids etc. etc.. my Mom said when it was her turn she asked it how many kids will she have, it went to 4, they all laughed, about 5 seconds later it started moving again and spelled out 3 will live, she got scared after that, but they kept going,one of her friends asked the names of her kids and it spelled out B B N, which made no since to her or them, so they asked some more Questions, one of the girls wanted to know if she would be rich, it spelled out NO then her parents ennitials, which at the time was crazy to them, any way, she told me after about a week her friend that asked if she were going to be rich died in a car accident, She was rear ended by a semi on a main HWY, a year after that her parents sued the trucking company and received over$ 20.5 million in damages, pain and suffering etc. My mom got Married when she was 18, had 4 children, 1 died right after birth, 2 boys and 1 girl, there names Billy, Bobby and Nicole.

She has always told me not to play with OB's because they are real and some things are better left alone, i agree... dontgetit.gif

Attached Files

#83    Paranormalcy

Paranormalcy

Interterrestrial Being

• 5,621 posts

• "Friday, Friday, gotta get down on Friday."

Posted 12 April 2006 - 06:47 PM

Heh, interesting anecdote with the BBN and the names, but a bit too far of a reach for me I'm afraid.

Now...

Ouija Boards were built to contact the dead and ask specific questions and get specific replies (Word for Word)

This is NOT accepted fact, and in fact you'll find NO historical documented evidence that supports this particular interpretation. Yes, this is what most people THINK Ouija Boards were created for, and its what they say NOW, but Ouija Boards were originally created as a novelty "ESP" item as a "question and answer" board.

Nothing about ghosts, spirits or contacting the dead was initially indicated or suggested, and it wasn't until the board's  first run after being sold to William Fuld, who remarketed the board in his toy company as a "device to talk with spirits", that this reputation even came about.

| Ouija/Ideomotor | Sleep Paralys./Hypnogogia | Ouija: 252 hrs/4yrs

#84    Oubli

Oubli

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 942 posts

• Ich Sehe Alles, und alles ist gerade dabei laut aufzuschreien.

Posted 12 April 2006 - 07:07 PM

Nor do Parker Brothers need to keep in their product line an ancient occult device to put us mere mortals into forbidden contact with the Nine Outer Planes of Hell, but to hear some people, they do, and only charge $30 USD or less for it, so I'd say its obvious they're not only just an evil giant toy corporation, but one that is encouraging OCCULTISM and SATANISM, BLARGH-BOOGEDY-BOO!

The use of ouija boards is all mental and related to intent - its the "paranormal" equivelant of a magic eye book or an optical illusion - if you look at it right, on purpose, you can see the hidden/obscured message/image, just like you can see perfect outlines of dragons or Abraham Lincoln in clouds. I think the board is an interesting and sometimes intiguing little hobby, especially if there is some pyschic functioning at work during the session, but as far as its preturnatural reputation - ballyhoo, I use mine for a sandwich serving tray.

OMG.... ROFLMAO!  Jpatt, you make me laugh!  wink2.gif

#85    high moon priestess

high moon priestess

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 37 posts

• We fear what we don't understand.

Posted 13 April 2006 - 12:00 AM

I just used my old ouija board I've had since I was 11. I haven't used it since i was a little girl playing with my friends. Of course, since we were impatient girls I'm certain we were all at one point or another secretly "helping" to move the message indicator along. Well I just used it by myself. I had been reading more and more about them and became curious again.I know one of the things they tell you NOT to do is do it alone..but since i don't trust anyone in my house to be serious enough to play with me.. I did it myself. I did a little prayer (although half-heartedly and very quickly-I was anxious to get to the point ya know?) and put a silver coin on the indicator..and asked a stupid question about an audition i had coming up..well at first nothing happened but then it started moving.. I was convinced I was helping push it..so i put almost no pressure on it and sat straight up..well as soon as i did that it started moving much much more rapidly which was very exciting to me.. Only then it felt like something was trying to enter my body..I was terrified. My chest felt like it was being compressed and i felt a horrible feeling in the pit of my stomach. no.gif  I let got of the indicator and screamed out.. "In Jesus name I pray you leave my body and my house at once, you have no power here. I am a servant of God. I am covered in the blood of Jesus! In His name I command you to leave! I am a lamb of God!" I soon felt the compressing feeling starting to decompress..and whatever it was seemed to have left. I then said, "I'm sorry but I do not wish to speak to you anymore." I then said "Goodbye" and moved the indicator over the word "Goodbye"..As of right now I do not wish to ever use the board again. THis experience have most certainly changed my life.but my advice to all who are curious..if you must I can't stop you..but DO NOT mess around with the unknown..make sure you are prepared to accept all the risks involved and do all that you can to protect yourself DO NOT use the board alone!!! I swear just this morning i was scoffing at the people who said that the board brought in evil entities..but now.. I am a true believer. Does anyone know if what i did was right? or are there more steps i should have taken to protect myself? [font=Microsoft Sans Serif]

First, let me say, you should follow the advice from Harpie Lady.  Suggestion:  holy water and be sure that it is blessed. and blessed salt. A cross and some graveyard dirt, helps too.
Been down that road. Of course, your prayer didn't hurt either. I suggest you study up on it. I alway protect the participants with holy water and prayer prior to each session.

Also, learn how to send back what you bring forth.

[/I][/B]  We fear what we do not understand.

#86    high moon priestess

high moon priestess

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 37 posts

• We fear what we don't understand.

Posted 13 April 2006 - 12:17 AM

I am a witch and I would never touch a oujua board.

My board was also, given as a gift for my birthday. As a witch myself, I have been around things of this nature for all my life. Growing up with a voodoo priest for a grandfather, and a seesayer for a mother, and others in my family that dabbled in the black arts, voodoo, and witchcraft, I have to say, education is the best teacher. As, a practicing witch, and a high priestess, educating yourself first is the best advice I can offer.

Novalceleste, you are wise in not using the board. If you try it you don't want to go it alone.... But, be sure the others with you are as serious as you are. I hope people do their research before undertaking a task of this sort.

From one witch to another Blessed Be. wink2.gif

[/I][/B]  We fear what we do not understand.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users