Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Will it be worth my while?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1    Waspie_Dwarf

Space Cadet

• 33,644 posts

• We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.

Oscar Wilde

Posted 27 March 2006 - 10:04 PM

As some of you will be aware SaRuMan ran a sister site to this one called Spaceflight News. Sadly that site has been shut down due to circumstances beyond the boss mans control.

Over the last year I posted close to 3000 space and astronomy news stories and images on that site. This forum is different. This site has more than 32,000 members as opposed to the less than 300 on Spaceflight News. Here the space forum is a tiny fish in a huge sea as opposed to the big fish in a tiny sea.

As most of this site is not space related what I would like to know is this, is it worth me posting the large number of space related stories here that I would have posted on Spaceflight News?

Edited by Waspie_Dwarf, 27 March 2006 - 10:05 PM.

"Space is big. Really big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind-boggingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the street to the chemist, but that's just peanuts to space." - The Hitch-Hikers Guide to the Galaxy - Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

Posted Image
Click on button

#2    Ned Tunacao

Ned Tunacao

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 137 posts

• An Old Irish Phrase Says: If you expect a kick in the nuts and get a punch in the mouth, you should consider yourself lucky.

Posted 27 March 2006 - 10:18 PM

Yes.  I like new stuff, not the same argument gone wild.

#3    Beggars

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,835 posts

• "We dream of ways to break these iron bars."

Posted 27 March 2006 - 11:24 PM

i would like to learn new things about space

#4    Bone_Collector

-> SkEpToMaNiAc <-

• 1,334 posts

• You savvy?

Posted 29 March 2006 - 10:47 AM

Sure, why not? This is the space & astronomy forum isn't it? I love to read such stuff, please do post.

The woods are lovely, dark and deep, but I have promises to keep and miles to go before I sleep... and miles to go before I sleep ~Robert Frost

#5    Rykster

Keep thy religion to thyself.

• Banned
  • 2,132 posts
  • Location:Screaming through the universe on a pale blue dot...Wheee!

• I debunk you not out of hostility, but rather in search of the truth...

Posted 29 March 2006 - 10:49 AM

Absolutely Waspie.   Maybe you could compete thread count-wise with the gawd topics!

Posted Image

Resistance is futile!

#6    indeed

Psychic Spy

• 1,193 posts

• The process of searching for a solution is more
    important than the solution itself.

Posted 29 March 2006 - 11:46 AM

thumbsup.gif I hope you do, I passed through SFN all the time and enjoyed it quite a lot   original.gif

#7    thebarman

• 2,589 posts

• Avatar: A visual manifestation of your digital personality within a virtual world.

Posted 29 March 2006 - 11:51 AM

I was a member over there as well, I even started up a "spaced-out" avatar workshop. However it only ever had about 3 customers there just wasn't enough demand.

I would very much like to read more space & astronomy related articles and hope you carry on your efforts on this forum  thumbsup.gif

Posted Image
Click the signature to get your own animated avatar
Are you artistic? Like designing? Come and join the Avatar Workshop!

#8    Lottie

The Nappy Ninja !!

• 7,516 posts

• "I like long walks, especially when they are taken by people who annoy me." - Noel Coward

Posted 30 March 2006 - 04:43 PM

Go for it Waspie  thumbsup.gif ! I really enjoy reading the articles you post.  original.gif

#9    ROGER

Government Agent

• 3,524 posts

• Sticks and stone didnt break my bone,
    But old age is starting to Hurt me!

Posted 30 March 2006 - 06:44 PM

I to was hoping you would not vanish in to the Internet either. Your work as well as the posts of  others is greatly appreciated by all who view it . Please continue here.

Roger L. thumbsup.gif

We pray for one last landing/ On the planet that gave us birth/ Let us rest our eyes on the fleecy skies/ And the cool, green hills of Earth.
Robert A. Heinlein

#10    Lias

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 May 2006 - 01:05 AM

Hey Waspie!

Opteryx here, haven't checked in for quite a while at spaceflightnews and when I found the sad remains, the first thing I did is come over here (of course, all of this happened within the last two minutes). As you know I'm your co-spaceflight fan and if you need any second hand I'm all for it (you can PM me!). grin2.gif  thumbsup.gif

I have more things in mind than simply posting the daily news so once high school is over for me (make that about three weeks from now), I'll be able to contribute plentifully! w00t.gif  original.gif

Great to see you again! cool.gif  wink2.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users