Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

sandwiches still good after 3 years

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1    Homer

Homer

Government Agent

• 3,814 posts

Posted 11 April 2002 - 07:49 PM

If you're like me, then you will have no problem consuming food before it goes bad, regardless how much leftovers you may have. But if you're like some people who have a tendency to waste food due to not being able to consume large portions before it goes bad, then I have some good news for you.

Experts at the U.S. Army Soldier Systems Center have developed "indestructible" food that they say will stay good for up to 3 years. Of course I know what you're thinking: Why only 3 years?  But hey, it's a start.

I don't know about you, but the thought of eating 3 year old sandwiches just makes my mouth water. Mmmm...yum yum :s04

For more information, click the smiley :s04

אַ֭תָּה אֱלֹהֵ֣י יִשְׁעִ֑י

#2    SpaceyKC

SpaceyKC

Government Agent

• 3,349 posts

• Thank you TO

Posted 11 April 2002 - 08:06 PM

Maybe if the choices were:  starvation,  cannibalism,  or that sandwich...then I guess I'd eat the sandwich!  :P

Good find,  Homer   :s1

(did it say British scientists had American soldiers try it out first?  Clever!!!  :D  )

"Science may have found a cure for most evils;  but it has
         found no remedy for the worst of them all --- the apathy of human beings."
                                                     Helen Keller

#3    Loonboy

Loonboy

Poltergeist

• 2,852 posts

Posted 11 April 2002 - 10:23 PM

[blue]They tried it on British soldiers, but the British soldiers realised that they don't have to eat 3 year old sandwiches, they could just go to the shops instead...[/blue]
;D

Do what you want and be what you feel. Because after all, those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't 'mind.

Work hard, keep the ceremonies, live peacably, and unite your hearts. – Hopi

Listen to the voice of nature, for it holds treasures for you. – Huron

The soul would have no rainbow if the eyes had no tears. – Minquass

#4    Tommy

Tommy

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,846 posts

Posted 12 April 2002 - 01:44 AM

"...sandwiches, which come in pepperoni and barbecue chicken flavour, to supplement battle rations..."

Who knows what delicacies they’ll be having next.  ::) Come to think of it, I can think of a few 'white' meat meals they could try... :sh

Mouth-watering stuff  :s04

Tommy

"Superstition created all the gods and angels, all the devils and ghosts, all the witches, demons and goblins, gave us all the augurs, soothsayers and prophets, filled the heavens with signs and wonders, broke the chain of cause and effect, and wrote the history of man in miracles and lies" ~ Robert Green Ingersoll

#5    PurpleStuart

PurpleStuart

Goth

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,118 posts

• The Most Purple Haired Gothic Hedonistic member of the Six Worst Men of the Apfelschnaps

Posted 17 April 2002 - 11:31 PM

If it preserves food for 3 yrs, then what will it do to the lining of your stomach?  :s9

never take me too seriously

#6    Test_Bear

Test_Bear

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 149 posts

Posted 28 May 2002 - 05:57 AM

Heck, I eat twinkies that are older then that....

"If I laugh at any human thing 'tis so I do not weep."     -Lord Byron

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users