Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Global Warming/Is it really to late for us?

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#1    Harpie Lady

Harpie Lady

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 108 posts

Posted 05 April 2006 - 08:05 PM

Hello everyone,

I really enjoy reading everyone's posts and views on what they think. Now I have a question for everyone out there:
DO YOU THINK THAT IT IS TO LATE FOR GLOBAL WARMING TO BE STOPED?
If you dont know much about it here's a quick run of it:

The green house effect is a natural process that maintaines the Earth's tempature at level hospital for life,
Energy from the sun warm the Earth,  The earth absorbs heat from the sun & radiates it back into space,
About 1% of Earth's atomoshere is compsosed of greenhouse gases primary water,vapor,ozone,methane & nitrous oxide,
Together these gases reflect enough heat back to space maintaning the average temp of aroun 60 F,
Without the greenhouse effect the Earth would be an inhabitable place.
Over all humanity has been a big contributer to global warming........

Nearly 2 dozen computer models now agree that by 2100 the average tempature will be 3 to 6 degress higher that what is now,  according to Geral Mehl a senior scientist at the national center for atmosheric research,
John Walsh director of Center for Global warming change & Artic System research at the University of Alask fairbank said that he is not sure whether anyone can stop global warming.....................

NOW that's where my question comes in to all of you: DO YOU THINK THAT IF ALL HUMANITY INCLUDING ALL GOVERMENTS PUTTING INDIVUDAUL EFFERT THAT THERE IS A CHANCE TO MAYBE STOPPING GLOBAL WARMING? OR AT LEAST PREVENTING IT FROM GETTING WORSE OR ARE WE REALLY DOOMED?  hmm.gif

Edited by Harpie Lady, 05 April 2006 - 08:06 PM.

#2    Universal Absurdity

Universal Absurdity

Poltergeist

• Closed
  • 2,592 posts

• You wont win.

Posted 05 April 2006 - 08:09 PM

The main weapon we have to fight global warming would be to plant more trees. Unfortunately we cut down more than we plant. Untill the problem gets too out of hand, i doubt much will be done.

*moved to correct forum*

Ű∩ίvệѓα|ΛЬşűяđĬŧỵ

Founder Of The Animated Avatar Workshop
43 things

#3    RamboIII

RamboIII

Killer Without Reason

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,124 posts

Posted 05 April 2006 - 08:17 PM

The problem is, when things get too out of hand, it WILL be too late.

#4    Harpie Lady

Harpie Lady

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 108 posts

Posted 05 April 2006 - 08:21 PM

The problem is, when things get too out of hand, it WILL be too late.

but maybe if all humanity works together maybe we can prevent??  yes.gif

#5    StalingradK

StalingradK

Psychic Spy

• 1,716 posts

• We happy few, we band of brothers/
    For he that sheds his blood with me this day/
    Shall be my brother
    -Shakespeare; Henry V

Posted 05 April 2006 - 08:37 PM

What's so bad about global warming? So we'll have to move more inland and become more united as a world? Would global warming also make the world a more tropical reigion? More rain? BRING IT.

Get in the Puma!!!

#6    Harpie Lady

Harpie Lady

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 108 posts

Posted 05 April 2006 - 08:52 PM

What's so bad about global warming? So we'll have to move more inland and become more united as a world? Would global warming also make the world a more tropical reigion? More rain? BRING IT.

NO, not a more tropical region a more extinct region, thousands of people and animals would die....... no.gif

#7    eckogangsta

eckogangsta

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 681 posts

Posted 05 April 2006 - 10:08 PM

NO, not a more tropical region a more extinct region, thousands of people and animals would die....... no.gif

thousands? thats not that much.

#8    Harpie Lady

Harpie Lady

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 108 posts

Posted 05 April 2006 - 10:12 PM

thousands? thats not that much.

millions then  blush.gif

#9    StalingradK

StalingradK

Psychic Spy

• 1,716 posts

Shall be my brother
    -Shakespeare; Henry V

Posted 05 April 2006 - 10:13 PM

NO, not a more tropical region a more extinct region, thousands of people and animals would die.......

How? Who says? Yeah some animals will become extinct but that's the way it's always been, animals die out and another spieces takes its place. And Thousands of people would die why... think about it, You have rising sea levels where the water is also getting warm at the same time, you have a more tropical areas round world where growing crops wouldn't be a problem.

Get in the Puma!!!

#10    Harpie Lady

Harpie Lady

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 108 posts

Posted 05 April 2006 - 10:41 PM

How? Who says? Yeah some animals will become extinct but that's the way it's always been, animals die out and another spieces takes its place. And Thousands of people would die why... think about it, You have rising sea levels where the water is also getting warm at the same time, you have a more tropical areas round world where growing crops wouldn't be a problem.

man made stress are endangering coastal regions & the sea's ability to sustain itself my well be leading to long-term damage & serious problems.......

because of temp. in the sea's rising many animals are dying & confused on where they should be going to migrate & corals in the oceaons are dying too

as for the crops growing because of this it's more like the SUN IS GOING TO MELT US!! ph34r.gif

#11    StalingradK

StalingradK

Psychic Spy

• 1,716 posts

Shall be my brother
    -Shakespeare; Henry V

Posted 06 April 2006 - 02:04 AM

That's not how global warming works... And what do you mean the sea's ability to sustain itself. Rising waters does not mean that the ocean is going to be all f***ed up. Please tell me what you think global warming is and what is does.

Get in the Puma!!!

#12    Glacies

Glacies

THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE!!!!

• 2,095 posts

• How much wood, would a woodchuck chuck, if a woodchuck could chuck wood...perhaps there are some things we are not meant to know...

Posted 06 April 2006 - 03:11 AM

That's not how global warming works... And what do you mean the sea's ability to sustain itself. Rising waters does not mean that the ocean is going to be all f***ed up. Please tell me what you think global warming is and what is does.

global warming is produced by a massive blanket of gasses, preventing the heat from escaping back out again, akin to a greenhouse. this would create deserts across dry land and oceans covering more and more land, killing millions of species. so while this would mean i'd have some nice ocean waterfront property in saskatchewan...i think the pros may be outweighed by the cons...

Edited by Glacies, 06 April 2006 - 03:11 AM.

Posted Image
Let the record stand, AC is blind.

#13    lowbro

lowbro

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 54 posts

Posted 06 April 2006 - 05:17 AM

Global Warming is just a theory, its not actually factual yet.
Everything now is just a prediction from past records which started only 200 -300 years ago?

Remember climate changes happen sometimes thousands to millions of years in a cycle, but we dont actually know how irratic or slow they are.

We could be experiencing the worst right now, or this could be just the tip of the ice berg?

I dont think we can do enough to stop any climate change of that magnitude.

Unfortunatly thats nature and we are no more important than any other creature. eg dinosaurs
[quote]How? Who says? Yeah some animals will become extinct but that's the way it's always been, animals die out and another spieces takes its place. And Thousands of people would die why... think about it, You have rising sea levels where the water is also getting warm at the same time, you have a more tropical areas round world where growing crops wouldn't be a problem.[code]

Unfortunatly he has some good points and bad points

GOOD POINT - when species become extinct, a new one rises
BAD POINT - "Tropical" is an understatment of the temperature, more like "desert".

#14    Raptor

Raptor

Omnipotent Entity

• 9,085 posts

Posted 06 April 2006 - 11:08 AM

Can someone explain to me; if global warming is heating up the planet because the suns heat is being prevented from leaving the Earth due to the build up of gases in the atmosphere, why isn't an equal amount of heat also being prevented from entering through the atmosphere?

#15    punish3ment

punish3ment

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 719 posts

• I choose death before dishonour, I'd rather die than live down on my knees

Posted 06 April 2006 - 02:32 PM

I heard that there are some ways to actually stop it from getting worse, Theres a liquid that absorbs carbon dioxide, then releases it under heat. But its too expensive for most factories, but there's always ash, that absorbs some CO2 aswell

Posted Image
"I dress to kill, but tastefully." -- Freddie Mercury

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users