Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Did dinosuars have lips?

• Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic

Poll: Did dinosuars have lips? (33 member(s) have cast votes)

Did dinosuars have lips?

1. yes (8 votes [24.24%])

Percentage of vote: 24.24%

2. no (13 votes [39.39%])

Percentage of vote: 39.39%

3. some did (12 votes [36.36%])

Percentage of vote: 36.36%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#61    robbieb

robbieb

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 687 posts

Posted 19 April 2006 - 04:08 AM

lets look at it like this we know evolution liks to repteat itself right like the emrald tree boa and the green tree python come from completly diffrent sides of the world but evoleved to be almost identical except for size one is a liitle bigger i forget which one. now if u think aobut i look at plant eating lizards they have lips look at iguanas and thne look at turtles and we know some had beaks now look at meat eating reptiles like the komodo dragon it has lips now look at the crocs they dont i think its a fair assesment that some had lips others beaks and some neither and lived withere there teeth chillin uncovered.

#62    frogfish

frogfish

ஆங்கிலத்த&

• 11,142 posts

• Flyfishing -- the Art of the Gods

Posted 19 April 2006 - 09:27 PM

If they were cold blooded then how did thourpodes evol. in to birds

The blood changed from "cold" to "warm". Remeber, every land animal evolved from amphibians and reptiles at one point. Mammals evolved from the reptilian synapsids and diapsids.

For the dinosaurs that most likely has lips were grazers, presumably the sauropods. They probably also had a prehensile tongue like giraffes.

-Frogfish-
Posted Image
Researcher-Prostate Cancer Oncogene Research
University of Michigan Comprehensive Cancer Center

The National Center for Biotech Information
My Photo Gallery: Capturing India

Fishing is a Way of Life!

#63    SG7

SG7

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 475 posts

• To days Sci-Fi is tomorrows science fact.

Posted 20 April 2006 - 04:19 AM

lets look at it like this we know evolution liks to repteat itself right like the emrald tree boa and the green tree python come from completly diffrent sides of the world but evoleved to be almost identical except for size one is a liitle bigger i forget which one. now if u think aobut i look at plant eating lizards they have lips look at iguanas and thne look at turtles and we know some had beaks now look at meat eating reptiles like the komodo dragon it has lips now look at the crocs they dont i think its a fair assesment that some had lips others beaks and some neither and lived withere there teeth chillin uncovered.

Good point. original.gif

Human kind can not gain any thing with out first giving some thing in return. To obtain, something of equal value must be lost. -Edward Elric the Fullmetal Alchemist

Posted Image

#64    xstortionist

xstortionist

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 856 posts

Posted 20 April 2006 - 02:47 PM

The blood changed from "cold" to "warm". Remeber, every land animal evolved from amphibians and reptiles at one point. Mammals evolved from the reptilian synapsids and diapsids.

For the dinosaurs that most likely has lips were grazers, presumably the sauropods. They probably also had a prehensile tongue like giraffes.

there not one single piece of evidence that anything evolved into anything. Noboy knows what the dinosaurs looked like...so its more of an opinion.

#65    frogfish

frogfish

ஆங்கிலத்த&

• 11,142 posts

• Flyfishing -- the Art of the Gods

Posted 20 April 2006 - 03:13 PM

there not one single piece of evidence that anything evolved into anything. Noboy knows what the dinosaurs looked like...so its more of an opinion.

That has to be one of the most unintelligent remarks I have ever heard. I guess you are a creationist? Come out of Plato's Cave-learn. It has been proven that mammals evolved from synapsids yes.gif

Here are some links:
http://www.ucmp.berkeley.edu/synapsids/synapsida.html
http://www.ucmp.berkeley.edu/synapsids/pelycosaurs.html
http://tolweb.org/Synapsida
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Synapsid

Paleontologists DO know how 95% of all discoverd dinosaurs look like. Maybe not color, but definitely looks. We even have discovered fossilized skin imprints and feather imprints on many dinosaurs!

Edited by frogfish, 20 April 2006 - 03:14 PM.

-Frogfish-
Posted Image
Researcher-Prostate Cancer Oncogene Research
University of Michigan Comprehensive Cancer Center

The National Center for Biotech Information
My Photo Gallery: Capturing India

Fishing is a Way of Life!

#66    Pilgrim_Shadow

Pilgrim_Shadow

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 265 posts

• The color of infinity
    Inside
    An empty glass

Posted 20 April 2006 - 10:18 PM

That has to be one of the most unintelligent remarks I have ever heard. I guess you are a creationist? Come out of Plato's Cave-learn. It has been proven that mammals evolved from synapsids yes.gif

Here are some links:
http://www.ucmp.berkeley.edu/synapsids/synapsida.html
http://www.ucmp.berkeley.edu/synapsids/pelycosaurs.html
http://tolweb.org/Synapsida
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Synapsid

Paleontologists DO know how 95% of all discoverd dinosaurs look like. Maybe not color, but definitely looks. We even have discovered fossilized skin imprints and feather imprints on many dinosaurs!

Indeed. Furthermore, the bones tell us much about the dinosaur's build. We can see where muscles attached and how powerful those muscles were.

Our image of dinosaurs may not be perfect but it is far from a shot in the dark.

As for the proof for evolution, evolution is a theory and cannot be absolutely, definitively proven. However, as theories go, it is probably the most rock-solid theory in all of science. The evidence in favor of it is so incredibly vast that we could not even begin to touch on it here. Suffice to say, it is not a subject of scientific dispute. Scientists disagree about how it works and about what creatures are descended from which ancestors, but no one in the scientific community doubts that it did happen.

Also, we should remember that in science, the word theory takes on a slightly different meaning. When most people say "I have a theory," in scientific terms, they have a hypothesis. Only when that hypothesis has been tested extensively and proven over and over to be correct, and has been independently verified again and again, is it elevated to the status of theory. Thus, when we say evolution is a theory, it is akin to saying that we cannot prove it, but we are almost certain it is true.

Nothing in science can ever be known with absolute certainty, but evolution is about as close as a theory can get to that lofty goal.

-Pilgrim

"Shadow," said he,
"Where can it be,
This land of Eldorado?"

"Over the mountains
Of the moon,
Down the valley of the Shadow,
Ride, boldly ride!"
The shade replied,
"If you seek for Eldorado!"

#67    SG7

SG7

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 475 posts

• To days Sci-Fi is tomorrows science fact.

Posted 23 April 2006 - 05:58 AM

WOW........................................................................ blink.gif

Human kind can not gain any thing with out first giving some thing in return. To obtain, something of equal value must be lost. -Edward Elric the Fullmetal Alchemist

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users