Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Who really rules this world? God or Satan?

• Please log in to reply
141 replies to this topic

#1    Kryso

Kryso

Always watching...

• 3,943 posts

• Truth titillates the imagination far less than fiction.

Posted 23 September 2003 - 07:22 PM

Who really rules this world? God or Satan?

Let me explain. I have done lengthy research in order to make my latest book (for I am a writer) believable. About a man being approached by the Devil, and having the Devils side of the story told - the biblical message from his point of view. But that’s besides the point. What I mean is, in my long research I found many strange scriptures, that, quite frankly point to Satan being in control of earth! Because (it says) God gave him a certain amount of time to prove answers to his question!

“So down the great dragon was hurled, the original serpent, the one called Devil and Satan, the one misleading the entire inhabited earth; he was hurled down to the earth, and his angels were hurled down with him.” - Revelation 12:9

Jesus talking, said in John 14:30 - “For the ruler of the world is coming: And he has no hold on me.” This couldn’t be with reference to his father surely?

“Among whom the god of this system of things has blinded the minds of the unbelievers.” – 2 Corinthians 4:4

“The whole world is lying in the power of the Wicked One” – 1 John 5:19

Here are just a few scriptures I found while researching. My question again is would the bible refer to God as the Wicked one?  Does this go some way in explaining why the world is so full of violence and hatred?

And I found one more interesting scripture in 2 Timothy 3:2, which I believe, talks about what will come about, because the Devil is in control. It reads:
“For men will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, self-assuming, haughty, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, disloyal, having no natural affection, not open to any agreement, slanderers, without self control, fierce, with out love of goodness, betrayers, headstrong, puffed up with pried, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God.”

Does this not completely describe the world we now live in?

And don’t worry, I’m not some religious nut trying to convert anyone, I just thought it would be an interesting subject to gain everyone’s view on?

(Scriptures taken from a modern day version, in easy to understand English, rather than art, thus, hither, and such like!)

#2    Nintendork

Nintendork

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 443 posts

• One day i will rule this

Posted 23 September 2003 - 09:43 PM

of cousre, i do!  grin2.gif  

Is adult entertainment killing our children, or is killing our children entertaining adults?

The reason Sants's so jolly is because he knows where all the naughty children live!-george carlin

#3    theSOURCE

theSOURCE

Alien Abducter

• 4,450 posts

Posted 23 September 2003 - 10:59 PM

I remember reading somewhere that Satan will rule the world until the second coming of Christ. I don't know if it is true or not. There is both good in the world and bad so this is a tough call.

#4    Cufflink

Cufflink

Poltergeist

• 2,234 posts

• For you, Baby, I could be

Posted 24 September 2003 - 12:31 AM

I'm not overly religious (Church of England...joking wink2.gif ), but I do believe there is a "god".  And I suppose, you can't really have one without the other, so the devil, or whatever, probably exists, too.

As for who rules the world?

The world is full of sh*tty people doing sh*tty things to others.  But at crucial moments of history, humanity's better side seems to prevail.  Maybe god has the edge.

Posted Image
Posted Image

In case...two words, not one Posted Image

#5    dancin'hamster

dancin'hamster

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,800 posts

• "When Good is hungry, it seeks food, even in dark caves, and when it thirsts, it drinks even of dead waters"

Posted 27 September 2003 - 10:59 AM

I can't bring myself to believe in a God or a Devil.
Sorry........ sad.gif

I do believe that there is a universal force out there which we can tap into.....and this force has positive and negative elements. Some weak people find it easier to be cold, cruel and negative - thus increasing the level - for energy cannot be destroyed........ Then there are others who give love & support  and give out positive energies......

Ok, that actually sounded better in my head..........but you know what I mean..  wacko.gif

Hammy x x x

#6    gonzowalker

gonzowalker

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 466 posts

• Many things in this life
    Are not what they appear
    Yeah, I look like a hare
    But if you stop and you stare
    I'm related to a deer

Posted 02 October 2003 - 07:02 PM

Sarkypi, You might like Conversation with the Devil by Ray Wylie Hubbard. That song reflects pretty much what you have said.

The song reminds me of the Divine Comedy. Check it out if you can find the time.

It's hard to kiss the lips at night That chew your *** out all day long. - The Notorious Cherry Bombs

#7    fletch

fletch

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 63 posts

Posted 03 October 2003 - 11:42 AM

neither of them rule because their actions are dictated by a shadow Government thumbsup.gif  

pray that there's intelligent life somewhere up in space coz there's bugger all down here on Earth"

#8    Althalus

Althalus

Alien Abducter

• 4,906 posts

Posted 03 October 2003 - 11:50 AM

I agree with the world having a force attached to it that we can alter and shape to our choosing, either through our actions or by magik, and that the force is kept in balance usually, all I think that is happening at the moment is that the balance is slightly tipped to the negative and that is why the world is like it is.

"We make choices everyday, some of them good, some of them bad. And - if we are strong enough - we live with the consequences."
— David Gemmell

#9    thepsychoticseaotter

thepsychoticseaotter

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 963 posts

• Ice, Snow, Blood and Iron!!!

Posted 03 October 2003 - 04:39 PM

I actually have to tip in On the side of God vs The devil. I Have always believed that there is pure good and pure evil. You cannot have one side without the other.

Sadly for us right now our universe is the battle ground for forces on both sides. As to who wins well, God does of course...but the damage done form the fight can be seen all over.

I don't want to offend any one or cram my beliefs on anyone but I cannot buy a non-intellegent cosmic force.

Edited by thepsychoticseaotter, 03 October 2003 - 09:18 PM.

Ravens KeepA forum for Classic D&D, AD&D and the upcoming Castles and Crusades.

Soon it's over, all the dwarfs defeated
The silence of the caverns stand still
Orcs took the command of the caves and depths
The darklord has reached his will ---Battlelore

Fill my mug, I just want to forget
All the troubles and fighting
And the ghosts in my head --Battlelore

#10    Isanguard

Isanguard

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 137 posts

• Yesterday is history,Tommorow is mystery,Today is gift

Posted 03 October 2003 - 08:12 PM

Balance.......Without the term of balance there is noting in this earth seems to be right......Good wub.gif  and Evil devil.gif  part of circle of life.... wacko.gif

They both(God and the Devil)having theire fun....

"Life is infinitely strange than anything which the mind of man could ivent."          

~ Sherlock Holmes ~

#11    gonzowalker

gonzowalker

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 466 posts

Are not what they appear
    Yeah, I look like a hare
    I'm related to a deer

Posted 10 October 2003 - 06:29 AM

I've often wondered if God would ever forgive Satan and let him back in Heaven (if he were to change his ways). I havn't read the Bible much, so I don't really know if that would ever be possible. I mean with Satan trying to overthrow God and all......

God owns the planet, Satan is just renting. That's my opinion.

It's hard to kiss the lips at night That chew your *** out all day long. - The Notorious Cherry Bombs

#12    Seraphina

Seraphina

Voted Best Member 2005

• 7,133 posts

• Everyone likes a smouldering and sexy glare from a diminutive scientist.

Posted 10 October 2003 - 07:04 AM

That's actually in an interesting idea...never thought of that...

It depends if you're looking at new testament god, or the old one...the old one was a really ruthless guy, who killed millions of people, and who generally kept you on his black list if you got there...

However, the new, trendier, updated version seemed to be willing to forgive people, whatever their sins, so long as you regreted them, and actually did want forgivness from a religious standpoint...(course, depends which person you're asking about that...but it's an arguement I often hear about why I should convert from athiesm, because God will still love me).

You'd actually think that, given mass murderers can repent of their sins if they want when, to my knowledge, the devil hasn't actually killed that many people...if anyone (just really messed them about) while God has supposedly killed millions upon millions, that the devil could beg forgivness for his sins....after all, compaired to God, he hasn't really sinned all that much.

That, also, never occured to me before, and does actually make me wonder who the villain in the story is...to me, the devil represents personal choice, rather than evil, and was cast out of heaven for going against god...not for being evil, but for going against the mainstream, and the 'order of things', most likely to stop the populace of the time trying to overthrow the ruling class.

But, as for who rules the world...well...since I'm an athiest, my answer would be neither...but draw your own conclusions. Looking at the way things are, if God runs the world, he's an absentee landlord.

Posted Image

Apparantly, over on Exchristian.Net, they say that I'm "probably the smartest person" on UM....that is so cool...

#13    gonzowalker

gonzowalker

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 466 posts

Are not what they appear
    Yeah, I look like a hare
    I'm related to a deer

Posted 10 October 2003 - 07:22 AM

It has always sounded like a father-son argument to me. Parents/Gaurdians often get angry with their children over the choices they make, whether its their sexuality, occupation, friends, or plain rebeliousness (is that a word?).

It's not that it's harder to do what's right, it's just not as much fun- Ray Wylie Hubbard

#14    gonzowalker

gonzowalker

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 466 posts

Are not what they appear
    Yeah, I look like a hare
    I'm related to a deer

Posted 20 October 2003 - 04:27 AM

Here you go

The internet is cool. I found the lyrics to that song I was telling you about, Sarkypi.

#15    gonzowalker

gonzowalker

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 466 posts

Are not what they appear
    Yeah, I look like a hare
    I'm related to a deer

Posted 20 October 2003 - 06:58 AM

Fruity is back!!!  Sugar, do you need me to come over and change your pampers, and tuck you in. I hate replying this crap, but in your case it is a pleasure.

Reese said it best earlier. Take her advice.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users