Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Who really rules this world? God or Satan?

• Please log in to reply
141 replies to this topic

#31    JustAnIllusion

JustAnIllusion

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 53 posts

Posted 09 November 2003 - 12:13 AM

Well, w/ people these days, I'd say they act as though the Devil is their God. In this time & age, no one holds any value to human life , nor do they show much emotion or have any morals. It's pretty sickening, but very true.

I wouldn't say I'm a highly religious person. I have my beliefs, as well as many doubts. There are some things that I agree w/, but as many others, seeing & experiencing is believing. It's hard for me to believe something when there is no actual proof of it.  

#32    moe eubleck

moe eubleck

No need to thank us

• 7,001 posts

• may the horse of Caligula drop one in your senate building.

Posted 09 November 2003 - 12:33 AM

Who really rules the world? I dont think the world belongs to anybody. Since we depend on it for everything, wouldnt  it be fair to say that we belong to it?

Posted Image
Moe's Poetry Corner
Moe's Big Adventure
" Behavior is a function of its consequences, invoked by the antecedant conditions"

#33    Potholer

Potholer

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,114 posts

• It shouldn't be "Seize the day" but "Seize *every* day"

Posted 11 November 2003 - 10:59 AM

I'm happy to believe in nothing. Sounds a bit, well, lonely, sad, whatever, but that way it's easier to accept what other people think because I have no preferences. Well, truthfully, I think I'm a little biased against Christianity and the paranormal fascinates me but overall, I like to think I'm pretty openminded (or gullible depending on how you take it...  tongue.gif  ).

I was reading this thing yesterday that had the idea that all religions are just ideas created by us. None of them are at all accurate in the way they portray a god(s)/ goddess(es), their little minions, the beginning of the world. In a word, they are fiction.
It proposed that 'god', as we call it, is not a single being, it has no gender, it is not omniscient, it is a presence is the most broadest terms possible.
There is our 'side' and the 'spirit' side. WHen we die, our actions are mirrored onto our existence after death. If someone was bad, they become a bad/evil spirit, if they preformed a mix of good and bad, they become neutral (and now that I think about the neutral point...does it entirely make snese?).
And, if God is a prescense, likewise is satan. SInce the beginning of life, a 'battle' has been fought through us.... sounds a bit melodramatic. Neither can win the war, but each can win battles.
It also proposed that, if we believe something, then it is true (at least from a spirital view). We believe triple six is the devils number, so it is. We believe that praying helps, so it does. So then, any god or goddess or whatever can 'exist' as long as people believe it does.

Ok...may have gotten a lil off topic, but as it said (and I think I liek the sound of this it), neither rules as such, but are fighting for dominion that neither can win.

'You may have won the battle, but it doesn't mean you've won the war'

You don't have to believe that it will or believe that it wont - just that it's possible.

Ambyglam.com!
My Livejournal
Girl Power

He fell out of the ugly tree and hit every branch on the way down...

Long live PLGROYR!

#34    Naveed

Naveed

Psychic Spy

• 1,064 posts

Posted 11 November 2003 - 09:00 PM

I think the simplist way to look at it is, there is no good or evil. The world is colorful, but people make it black and white; good and evil.  

#35    Bright Eyes

Bright Eyes

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 152 posts

• *.'.*Live Life Like A Dream*.'.*

Posted 11 November 2003 - 10:39 PM

There is no way I can believe in God with all that goes on in the world. Sometimes it seems like we are living in a horror movie.

But then, maybe that's the Devil's plan... to make us doubt that there is a God, until noone believes any longer andhe has free reign over us all!!!!

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.....  salook.gif  

#36    Potholer

Potholer

Psychic Spy

• 1,114 posts

Posted 12 November 2003 - 08:47 PM

Please don't take this the wrong way but...
how can we go blaming satan for the bad things that happen in this world? Can there possibly be a voice if every single murderers ear whispering "Go on, it's ok, this is the right thing to do"? I'm sure at least a few of them are doing it of their own free will.
Disease and disaster are natures way of controlling numbers. Face it, we're at the top of the food chain, so she can't use that to keep us in check.
Up to a point, all things happen for a reason, just some things are harder to accept and the point is a little foggier than others though...
But up to point. After that it's just a screwed up human race. We can't go blaming others all the time, though I guess we can't always blame ourselves either...

Just my rant original.gif

You don't have to believe that it will or believe that it wont - just that it's possible.

Ambyglam.com!
My Livejournal
Girl Power

Long live PLGROYR!

#37    Potholer

Potholer

Psychic Spy

• 1,114 posts

Posted 12 November 2003 - 10:24 PM

It just occured to me last night that, if such beings as god and the devil existed, they wouldn't interfere so outrightly.
I remember a quote from futurama -
'God' says "when you do things right people won't be sure you've done anything at
all."

Ambyglam.com!
My Livejournal
Girl Power

Long live PLGROYR!

#38    Xenojjin

Xenojjin

Absurdity

• 2,753 posts

• Life is not meaningful, therefore it is.

Posted 13 November 2003 - 01:52 AM

Well, truthfully, I think I'm a little biased against Christianity

Ive never understood this . What has christianity done that is so bad that other religions have not ? I sense a long discussion .. this will be fun  grin2.gif  grin2.gif  

In the way, the supernatural is what's behind the curtain. Normally, you only need to see what's happening in stage. That's how reality works. If you don't know then it's for the best. Actually, learning about the supernatural only increases the number of things you don't know.

Posted Image

#39    DrStrangelove

DrStrangelove

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 292 posts

• *something profound*

Posted 13 November 2003 - 02:06 AM

God is in control of everything, and in the end, He wins. So I would not be to worried abou it. It's cool that you are a writer, though.

Go Home
People don't know why I am called Strangelove.
"By Deus! It's Full of stars!"
-Hal-Man (3001: The Final Odyssey)

#40    nadgouk

nadgouk

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 31 posts

• If I could live my life again.
    I wouldn't!

Posted 13 November 2003 - 02:13 AM

QUOTE (Kryso @ Sep 23 2003, 07:22 PM)
Who really rules this world? God or Satan?

Well said kryso thumbsup.gif

Looking at how so many 'nasty' people are in such influencial positions around the world, I often wonder if we are looking in the wrong direction when we pray!

Don't tell lies.
The Government hates competition!

#41    Anirbas

Anirbas

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 853 posts

• Put your big girl panties on and DEAL with it!

Posted 13 November 2003 - 02:55 AM

I rule - end of story wink2.gif No really - God allows Satan to rule but he will take control again after he's had enough.

Whatever hits the fan will be distributed evenly!

Lord keep your arm around my shoulder and your hand over my mouth!!!

My life is 10% what happens to me and 90% what I make of it!

#42    TheLight

TheLight

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 142 posts

Posted 13 November 2003 - 05:39 AM

Money rules the world, or economy if you want me to put it this way.

So is money good or evil ?

Money is simply an invention of the human race so it's neither good nor evil, but the way it is used can be good or evil.

People would do anything for money (the more you have the more you want) and that's what is called greed in the christian religion.

Greed is evil.

So the evil rules the world.

How about that for a demonstration ?

#43    Potholer

Potholer

Psychic Spy

• 1,114 posts

Posted 13 November 2003 - 08:03 AM

Xeno

What has Christianity done? -
It's all mostly historical, but these things have changes their reputaion (at least in my eyes)
1. The crusades: The purging of barbarians because they weren't christians. "They don't believe in our our god, they must be barbaric". Isn't there a commandment against this sort of thing? ie "thou shalt not kill". But then again, these people weren't properly human therefore it was a favour to kill them and end their godless existence.
2. Their total and complete lack of toerance for other religions. It's their way or death. Which would you choose? the muslim religion had no problem with christianity and allowed to christians to live amongst them (learned about this in history - people of other religions had to pay a tax. but still, I'd say thats better than death)
3. How in the middle ages it became more of a political leader thing than a religion and was used to control the populace
4. The fact that no matter what you do during the week, all is forgiven if you go to confessional on sunday. I saw a movie once where the man beat his wife and drank heavily but the priest forgave him because he confessed and went to chruch every sunday.

Like I said, it is all mostly things the religion has done in history. But many of them weren't particularly nice. There seems a fine line between a devote christian and a fanatic.

Rest assured, I do not go round criticizing Chrisitans. I accept what they believe, after all, if it makes you happy, go for it original.gif

Please feel free to correct or shoot down any of my ideas. original.gif

10 commandments
there's a little information about the commandments, specifically, "thou shalt not kill" original.gif

Ambyglam.com!
My Livejournal
Girl Power

Long live PLGROYR!

#44    Naveed

Naveed

Psychic Spy

• 1,064 posts

Posted 13 November 2003 - 10:32 AM

QUOTE (Anirbas @ Nov 13 2003, 01:55 AM)
I rule - end of story wink2.gif No really - God allows Satan to rule but he will take control again after he's had enough.

I can picture satan now. He walks up to God, puts a hat on and says
Satan: "I've had enough of these foolish humans! They make me look bad! I quit!"
God: "Darn there goes another beelzebub! Who am I gonna get to replace him? Ah what the heck, maybe it's time for the old wrath of God thing again." *He zaps some poor street bum* "Yep I still got it! HAHA!"  

#45    Seraphina

Seraphina

Voted Best Member 2005

• 7,133 posts

• Everyone likes a smouldering and sexy glare from a diminutive scientist.

Posted 13 November 2003 - 05:26 PM

Well...if satan IS ruling the world until god decides to take over....I haven't seen any worldwide floods, cities getting wiped off the face of the earth, people being turned into pillars of salt, or people having to fight their way out of a whales digestive system under HIS rule...

maybe we're better off with things under good ol' evil devil.gif  

Posted Image

Apparantly, over on Exchristian.Net, they say that I'm "probably the smartest person" on UM....that is so cool...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users