Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Astronauts gone wild !

• Please log in to reply
167 replies to this topic

#46    ImOne

ImOne

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 619 posts

Posted 12 April 2006 - 02:57 AM

If I walked on the moon and Sibrel called me a "coward and a liar and a thief" I probably would not have punched him but I would have wished that I had.  Good for Buzz!

This topic always cracks me up.  If the HBs looked for positive evidence they would have ten times as much evidence with one tenth the effort.

#47    Bogeyman

Bogeyman

Poltergeist

• 2,841 posts

Posted 12 April 2006 - 03:17 PM

MID
I want to thank you for taking the time and effort to answer to the fullest the questions i've raised......to be honest i dont know enough to know whether you're right or wrong ....not that i'm stupid or anything but i just dont have the interest in this stuff.......i'd like to see the "experts" battle it out on these questions....

Is there also a Scientific explanation for how the Astronauts are dangling on wires in the clips i mentioned  w00t.gif
There are a lot of additions since i was here yesterday but no one seems to have tackled this.......and please dont tell me it's possible for an Astronaut in a space suit to just float up because of 1/6 gravity.
I was looking at Junkyard Wars an houR ago, and man they built a dune buggy and that sand was going everywhere....you're explanation of the sand falling from the Rovers wheels may be right but doesnt ring true with me to be honest....The more you look at this footage the more you'll see the Astronauts feet leaving the Lunar surface when they really shouldnt be  w00t.gif

C'mon guys ....WHY ARE THEY DANGLING ON WIRES ....WHY WHY WHY  crying.gif  w00t.gif

Edited by Bogeyman, 12 April 2006 - 03:19 PM.

#48    Hazzard

Hazzard

Stellar Black Hole

• 11,757 posts

• Being skeptical of the paranormal is a good thing.

Posted 12 April 2006 - 03:45 PM

For someone who "just don't have the interest" in the Apollo missions you sure are asking lots of questions Boog. Trying your best to discredit "EEYY"?

MID is without a doubt the expert on the moon landings here, you should listen and learn folks.

WHY ARE THEY DANGLING ON WIRES
  laugh.gif   wacko.gif

Edited by hazzard, 12 April 2006 - 03:49 PM.

I still await the compelling Exhibit A.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. -Edmund Burke

#49    Bogeyman

Bogeyman

Poltergeist

• 2,841 posts

Posted 12 April 2006 - 04:28 PM

For someone who "just don't have the interest" in the Apollo missions you sure are asking lots of questions Boog. Trying your best to discredit "EEYY"?

MID is without a doubt the expert on the moon landings here, you should listen and learn folks.
  laugh.gif   wacko.gif

No Haz i'm not trying my best to discredit .....I'm just asking why at some stages in the footage are the Astronauts dangling on wires  hmm.gif  w00t.gif

Now you may think i'm wacko for suggesting this....but have you seen the footage in question ?

I'm forming an opinion that yes they did go to the moon But didnt do as much up there as we're being led to believe......... wacko.gif  wacko.gif  wacko.gif  grin2.gif

At some parts you can even see the lights glinting off the wires...i kid you not.Dont take my word for it please ....go look for your self.

Start watching from here  2:01:00 and it will be shown what to watch for ....i've just gone back in to look again ......maybe i was seeing things .....No they're dangling original.giforiginal.gif

Edited by Bogeyman, 12 April 2006 - 04:33 PM.

#50    Hazzard

Hazzard

Stellar Black Hole

• 11,757 posts

Posted 12 April 2006 - 04:33 PM

I'm forming an opinion that yes they did go to the moon But didnt do as much up there as we're being led to believe......... wacko.gif  wacko.gif  wacko.gif  grin2.gif

We were led to believe that they did...what exactly?

At some parts you can even see the lights glinting off the wires...i kid you not.Dont take my word for it please ....go look for your self.

I guess that playing with wires on the moon was one of those things that they kept from the public.  laugh.gif

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. -Edmund Burke

#51    Bogeyman

Bogeyman

Poltergeist

• 2,841 posts

Posted 12 April 2006 - 04:38 PM

We were led to believe that they did...what exactly?
All that "stuff" on the films
I guess that playing with wires on the moon was one of those things that they kept from the public.  laugh.gif

Well no one likes to admit to playing with their wires ...do they  no.gif  grin2.gif

But okay Haz....I'm all ears lets have your explanation of how they "appear" to be dangling on wires and i'll let go of it if i'm happy with the explanation......dont you want to know ?Or are you happy that NASA dont tell fibs ,as usual  unsure.gif  hmm.gif  wacko.gif

#52    MID

MID

Forum Divinity

• 14,490 posts

• ...The greatest error is not to have tried and failed, but that in trying, we did not give it our best effort.

Posted 13 April 2006 - 11:24 PM

Haz...

You make me blush.   Many thanks for the kind comments.

#53    MID

MID

Forum Divinity

• 14,490 posts

• ...The greatest error is not to have tried and failed, but that in trying, we did not give it our best effort.

Posted 13 April 2006 - 11:56 PM

MID
I want to thank you for taking the time and effort to answer to the fullest the questions i've raised......to be honest i dont know enough to know whether you're right or wrong ....not that i'm stupid or anything but i just dont have the interest in this stuff.......i'd like to see the "experts" battle it out on these questions....

Is there also a Scientific explanation for how the Astronauts are dangling on wires in the clips i mentioned  w00t.gif
There are a lot of additions since i was here yesterday but no one seems to have tackled this.......and please dont tell me it's possible for an Astronaut in a space suit to just float up because of 1/6 gravity.
I was looking at Junkyard Wars an houR ago, and man they built a dune buggy and that sand was going everywhere....you're explanation of the sand falling from the Rovers wheels may be right but doesnt ring true with me to be honest....The more you look at this footage the more you'll see the Astronauts feet leaving the Lunar surface when they really shouldnt be  w00t.gif

C'mon guys ....WHY ARE THEY DANGLING ON WIRES ....WHY WHY WHY  crying.gif  w00t.gif

Well, you're welcome Bogey...

No one's accusing you of being stupid, I'm sure.  But you are making a rather contradictory comment in saying that you "don't have the interest in this stuff".   If that were true, you wouldn't be asking the questions, don't you think?  

On the contrary, I think you do have an interest in getting your questions answered.  Else...why are you here asking?

Now one thing I will point out to you is that you are being offered explanations that are based upon experience here.  They are in fact true and factual explanations.   At the same time, if you have no similar experience (which is certainly not unusual, and nothing to be ashamed of in the least), you may well accept the explanation to a degree, because it sounds good, but you may not completely "buy it", as-it-were.

However, my purpose in giving you the answers is not to have you accept them at face value, but rather to pique your curiosity and make you go and research these things for yourself, so that you can come to an understanding of the principals and concepts involved.  

I admonish you to read carefully, however.  Take everything you find and absorb it.  Do not allow any pre-conceived notions to make you skip something that's significant.  Spaceflight, the lunar environment's nature, orbital mechanics, etc. are oftimes complex scientific areas, and the details and variables are important.

To wit, you mention these guys who built a dune buggy, and you cannot rationalize the behavior of the sand being thrown up by its wheels with my explanation of the behavior of lunar dust being tossed by the LRV's "tires".

Again, the difference is in the details.

Sand is nothing like regolith.  A dune buggy has alot more power, and can rotate its tires at a much higher rate than an LRV had the capability of doing, and a dune buggy operates on the planet earth, where the LRV operated in a vacuum at 1/6 G.   One of the things I told you was that we are discussing an alien world here, with a vehicle designed to operate in that alien environment.   This is very, very significant.  

I will also tell you that it is not possible for an astronaut to "just float up" because of 1/6 G.  I will tell you that it is possible to get off the ground rather easily in 1/6 G without much physical impetus as opposed to what would be required on earth.  I can also tell you that no one was suspended on wires.  

I asked before where and when these pictures were taken so I could look at the actual video feeds and see what it is you're looking at.  I know that Sibrel won't put any such reference on his video.   Which of Sibrel's films are you looking at?

Would it be Astronauts Gone Wild, A Funny Thing Happened On The Way To The Moon, Apollo 11: Monkey Business, or Apollo 11: Post Flight Press Conference?.

...yes, unfortunately, this lunatic has 4 half-rate films out.... huh.gif

I've only seen pieces of these films...enough to make me realize what Sibrel is really about, and how much he doesn't know about his subject matter, but I may have to break down and buy one of these things (the thought makes me cringe... disgust.gif ), so I can see what's really there and explain what's presented, or see what Sibrel has concocted for consumption.  I've no doubt, like the reference I gave you to Cosmic Conspiracies false conversation site, that Sibrel is completely capable of fabricating falsehoods.  

Let me know what you're looking at.

#54    Hazzard

Hazzard

Stellar Black Hole

• 11,757 posts

Posted 13 April 2006 - 11:58 PM

Haz...

You make me blush.   Many thanks for the kind comments.

You are so welcome my friend. I learn something new every time.  original.gif
I just wish that the woo woos here would ask instead of trying to claim something that they so obviously haven't a clue about. But then again ,what else is new. Again , thanks MID.

#55    Tokoyo

Tokoyo

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 379 posts

• Take a grain of sand, take another grain of sand and make a brick...
    -Susumu Yokoto

Posted 14 April 2006 - 05:54 AM

Having just wasted 53 minutes of my life watching this video my main thought was that Aldrin should have hit the gut harder. If someone called you a liar and a thief what would you do?

I disagree, that hit was beastly!  I do think this guy is just pressing peoples buttons and misinterpreting their reactions.  Maybe his video did show clear evidence that something was faked (Apollo 11 I think he was saying), but I couldn't easily confirm it from the video.  Wish I'd stopped watching after seeing that right hook.

#56    Bogeyman

Bogeyman

Poltergeist

• 2,841 posts

Posted 14 April 2006 - 11:06 AM

Well, you're welcome Bogey...

I will also tell you that it is not possible for an astronaut to "just float up" because of 1/6 G.  I will tell you that it is possible to get off the ground rather easily in 1/6 G without much physical impetus as opposed to what would be required on earth.  I can also tell you that no one was suspended on wires.  

I asked before where and when these pictures were taken so I could look at the actual video feeds and see what it is you're looking at.  I know that Sibrel won't put any such reference on his video.   Which of Sibrel's films are you looking at?

Would it be Astronauts Gone Wild, A Funny Thing Happened On The Way To The Moon, Apollo 11: Monkey Business, or Apollo 11: Post Flight Press Conference?.

Here ya go MID

This is the footage i'm talking about ...go to 2:00:00 and watch from there ...let me know what you think

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=19...he+moon&pl=true

user posted image

Edited by Bogeyman, 14 April 2006 - 11:42 AM.

#57    Cinders

Cinders

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,012 posts

Posted 14 April 2006 - 02:02 PM

Bogeyman, (and anyone else interested)

I accidently stumbled onto this Google video called:

Dark Side of the Moon   

It is a very interesting 52 minute video.. Find this here:

http://fpiarticle.blogspot.com/2006/04/dar...de-of-moon.html

Give it a chance.... watch the whole thing.. it is very interesting. It seems to back up the 2 documentary videos posted in here previously.

Edited by Cinders, 14 April 2006 - 02:46 PM.

"We are like butterflies who flutter for a day and think it's forever." ~Carl Sagan

#58    MID

MID

Forum Divinity

• 14,490 posts

Posted 15 April 2006 - 04:50 PM

Here ya go MID

This is the footage i'm talking about ...go to 2:00:00 and watch from there ...let me know what you think

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=19...he+moon&pl=true
user posted image

Thanks Bogeyman.

I will review it and get back to you as soon as I can.
This is an Aulis production, not a Sibrel mess.   So I shall preface what I say by telling you that Aulis is, for some reason, responsible for a whole other menagerie of silliness concerning Apollo.   In fact, some of their material is used by the yahoos at Cosmic Conspiracies, including that fake photograph I had mentioned before.

It's a nice presentation, which, like many other hoax "documentaries" lends plausible credence to people like Kaysing, Percy, Bennett, etc....at least in the minds of the unknowledgable.   These people are really quite foolish, and know very little about that which they speak.  

The "inconsistencies" presented in a quick review of the film's last segment are only inconsistencies in the understanding of the producer, and those who foster such silliness.

But anyway, I will be back to you as soon as I can.

#59    MID

MID

Forum Divinity

• 14,490 posts

Posted 15 April 2006 - 06:04 PM

OK Bogey...

A segment at a time, OK?

As is my habit, I will attempt to make this as simple as possible, in an effort to get you to look into these things yourself and find the facts out.

First, I'll address the visual "evidence" of wires shown in the AS-14 and AS-17 pictures shown in the film.  The narrator refers to "pings" I believe, which are inferred to be reflections off of wires that are suspending the astronauts from above.

Cute, but very innacurate.

The Apollo "backpack" consisted of a Portable Life Support System (PLSS), and, attached to the top of it was a thing called the Oxygen Purge System (OPS), designed to be used in an emergency (i.e., a suit puncture or something like that).  The OPS would be used to supply a purge of oxygen, hopefully to allow a crew menber to get back to the LM and ingress, re-pressurize  the vehicle, and save his behind in the event of some catastrophe.  

What you may not realize (and of course, the producers of the film don't, as they never bothered to check into things much before making their astoundingly silly claims) is that on the top of the OPS is a metal communications antenna that juts up about a foot over the top of the thing.  

Every flash you see in these two small segments is a reflection of sunlight coming off of the COMM antenna on top of the astronaut's OPS.   Look at the actual video and you'll see the antenna rather clearly.

That is all you are seeing here, and if you watch the actual video, you'll see plenty more such reflections coming off of these bright metal objects, and a whole bunch of TV camera effects which are common, produced by very bright objects in the field of view.

Remember that I had told you before that on the Moon, it was always broad daylight, a brighter and more fierce daylight than anyone on this planet has ever experienced?  

TV camerae have to be adjusted when taking pictures of the lunar surface in order to avoid "peaking", or what one might call "whiting-out" upon the input of a very bright reflection.   Note that the films tend to be a bit peaked-out when white appears in them (it's common in all Apollo footage... the white areas tend to be a bit swollen looking and blurry).   On Apollo 17, for instance, you will note, if you watch the actual footage, that the color and brightness changes from time to time.  This is because the controller in Mission Control (Mr. Fendell, a.k.a. "Captain Video") is adjusting the aperture of the camera to allow us to see more detail and avoid the ultra bright whiting effects resultant from the unfiltered sunlight bouncing off of metal and white objects.  You'll see the background colors darken and get tanner from time to time as he does this.

When these flashes "peak out" the TV camera (in a similar fashion to the manner in which very loud sounds "peak" on an audio recording and cause a distorted sound), often you'll see a variety of effects which are caused by the very bright light affecting the phophors in the TV camera.  You'll see globes of light, flashing at various places, etc.   Some of this is caused by the brightness bouncing about inside the lens body of the camera (an effect common when taking such photos with a conventional film camera or still camera).  You see these things frequently in Apollo lunar surface video...moreso than in 16mm film taken by the crews.  It is an normal effect of extremely bright light entering the lens body of a camera.

All you are actually looking at here are reflections of exceedingly bright sunlight off of the COMM  antennae on the top of the OPS, and the attendant effects of these reflections on the TV camera and the image it produces.

There were no wires suspending the crew on a soundstage somewhere.

I will deal with The famed 'jump salute" that John Young did on Apollo 16, and with Charlie Duke's getting -up with the help of John's hand in a later post.

Edited by MID, 15 April 2006 - 07:23 PM.

#60    magnetar

magnetar

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 726 posts

Posted 16 April 2006 - 03:01 AM

1.  Apollo 11 Launched 16, July 1969. About the radiation, they could vector a brief diagonal course to transit the Van Allen belts.

2. They had radiation issues. The command module was shielded by metal, from alpha and beta radiation (the radiation in the van allen belt). Also, they were lucky regarding X-class solar flares, while on the moon. The same goes for the film.

3. About the landing, descent propulsion was throttled down during the final stage. And, the lander was moving horizontal-vertical right before landing, so the exhaust would not be focused on any one area for very long. The Lunar Module was no longer rapidly decelerating, so the engine only had to support the lander's own weight, at 1/6 gravity. At the time of landing, the engine's exhaust did make a small crater.

Attached Files

• Attached File  allen.jpg   8.04K   17 downloads
  • Attached File  ed_3.jpg   49.55K   12 downloads
  • Attached File  nd.jpg   114.24K   12 downloads

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users