Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Video Games Thread

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#1    Engulf

Engulf

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,436 posts

• "The wise only speaks when it is right, while the fool always speaks as though he is right."

Posted 26 September 2003 - 08:04 AM

well just thought of starting this thread specially for gamers to crap about the latest games.since i'm a PS2 geek,i'll start things off with the PS2 goods tongue.gif .

anyone heard of the upcoming Syphon Filter game?it's massive and it's online play too.even the latest of GT4,fooh there's just much to debate.well like i've said before,just crap out the latest games and let's talk about it!! grin2.gif  

"Remember the truth is not for everyone - most people just do not want to know." --Robert Morningsky

"Since you are like no other being ever created since the beginning of time, you are incomparible." --Brenda Ueland

"Knowledge is strength, ignorance does not grant you any immunity." --Purple Crow

"I do not see any sin in the world, but I see a great deal of ignorance." --George Sand

#2    Nintendork

Nintendork

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 443 posts

• One day i will rule this

Posted 26 September 2003 - 11:44 AM

yo anyone get THUG and simpsons hit and run? their great

Is adult entertainment killing our children, or is killing our children entertaining adults?

The reason Sants's so jolly is because he knows where all the naughty children live!-george carlin

#3    Cufflink

Cufflink

Poltergeist

• 2,234 posts

• For you, Baby, I could be

Posted 26 September 2003 - 04:40 PM

Engulf, I've got some details on Gran Turismo 4, but there might be more up to date stuff out there.  If I see anything, I'll post it.

Gran Turismo 4:

* More cars (500 or more!)
* More circuits (100 or more, including real-world circuits)
* An online option (possibly for updates, trades, etc)

This comes from an interview with Kazanori Yamauchi, in OPS2 magazine.

Other details are, STILL no car damage; cars looking as good as before, but landscapes improved; Grand Canyon and New York circuits confirmed, and here's the best news of all:

A possible release date of Christmas 2003.

Get saving that cash!  grin2.gif  

Posted Image
Posted Image

In case...two words, not one Posted Image

#4    Engulf

Engulf

Psychic Spy

• 1,436 posts

• "The wise only speaks when it is right, while the fool always speaks as though he is right."

Posted 26 September 2003 - 05:27 PM

w00t.gif GT4 this Christmas??whoa help!running out of cash here sad.gif .better save up now.
anyway S Calibur 2's out now,anyone tried it already??
If I see anything, I'll post it.

Thanks original.gif

Darkstar,dunno much about THUG but the simpsons hit and run is one heck of a psycho game.fooh at least a game before the next sequel of GTA grin2.gif  

"Remember the truth is not for everyone - most people just do not want to know." --Robert Morningsky

"Since you are like no other being ever created since the beginning of time, you are incomparible." --Brenda Ueland

"Knowledge is strength, ignorance does not grant you any immunity." --Purple Crow

"I do not see any sin in the world, but I see a great deal of ignorance." --George Sand

#5    lil_kanga77

lil_kanga77

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 143 posts

Posted 26 September 2003 - 06:02 PM

I played Syphon Filter on the original Playstation and thought it was a great game.

What are peoples' opinions on Splinter Cell?
No matter what I did and no matter how quietly I did it, I still set off alarms!

huh.gif  

#6    Engulf

Engulf

Psychic Spy

• 1,436 posts

Posted 26 September 2003 - 06:26 PM

I played Syphon Filter on the original Playstation and thought it was a great game.

i've played that game too and i've to agree with you. thumbsup.gif

No matter what I did and no matter how quietly I did it, I still set off alarms!

laugh.gif like me too!!i get really frustated at times and i just switch games in the end. tongue.gif

#7    Cufflink

Cufflink

Poltergeist

• 2,234 posts

Posted 27 September 2003 - 12:05 AM

QUOTE (lil_kanga77 @ Sep 26 2003, 06:02 PM)

huh.gif

I prefer Metal Gear.  It's much more playable.  I've always thought that Splinter Cell got too much acclaim, simply because of it's graphics.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#8    Engulf

Engulf

Psychic Spy

• 1,436 posts

Posted 27 September 2003 - 09:43 AM

update,heard that a follow-up to FF VII is comin to the PSP.going crazy here,any news??

#9    Cufflink

Cufflink

Poltergeist

• 2,234 posts

Posted 27 September 2003 - 11:22 AM

QUOTE (Engulf @ Sep 27 2003, 09:43 AM)
update,heard that a follow-up to FF VII is comin to the PSP.going crazy here,any news??

I heard that too, Engulf.

And boy was I happy, until I checked out Sony's site.  crying.gif

It's only a movie, apparently, not a game.

Go to the link below, click on UK for languages, and the article's there.  I couldn't get a direct link to work.

http://eu.playstation.com/europe/europe_select.jhtml

Sorry for the bad news.  sad.gif

Posted Image
Posted Image

#10    Engulf

Engulf

Psychic Spy

• 1,436 posts

Posted 27 September 2003 - 01:21 PM

............ sad.gif  crying.gif  

#11    Seraphina

Seraphina

Voted Best Member 2005

• 7,133 posts

• Everyone likes a smouldering and sexy glare from a diminutive scientist.

Posted 28 September 2003 - 12:24 AM

...well...not to change the subject but...

Bought Soul Calibur 2 the other night (it only came out over here yesterday)

As a result, I have not slept wacko.gif  

Posted Image

Apparantly, over on Exchristian.Net, they say that I'm "probably the smartest person" on UM....that is so cool...

#12    Cufflink

Cufflink

Poltergeist

• 2,234 posts

Posted 28 September 2003 - 12:35 AM

QUOTE (Seraphina @ Sep 28 2003, 12:24 AM)

The mark of any great video game.  grin2.gif  

Posted Image
Posted Image

#13    Engulf

Engulf

Psychic Spy

• 1,436 posts

Posted 28 September 2003 - 08:55 AM

QUOTE (Seraphina @ Sep 28 2003, 12:24 AM)
...well...not to change the subject but...

Bought Soul Calibur 2 the other night (it only came out over here yesterday)

oh man,i really can't wait anymore......need to play the game wacko.gif

anyway,anyone around here played Winning Eleven 6?i'm a total nutcase in that game.... devil.gif  

#14    Kira

Kira

Government Agent

• 4,183 posts

• Sexiest,
    Prettiest,
    Bloodthirstiest,
    Elf Member of the
    Six Worst Men of the Apfelschnaps.

Thanks TO xx

Posted 28 September 2003 - 09:05 AM

I only have a psx1 atm.... though trying hard to get psx2 hinting u know that kind of thing<lol>
I like Metal Gear Solid.... kept me going for hours... but there is another few that are a little off the beaten track... One is Parasite Eve, and another is Koudelka...
great games thumbsup.gif

Edited by Celticwitch, 28 September 2003 - 09:06 AM.

We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.

#15    Engulf

Engulf

Psychic Spy

• 1,436 posts

Posted 28 September 2003 - 01:40 PM

QUOTE (Celticwitch @ Sep 28 2003, 09:05 AM)
I only have a psx1 atm.... though trying hard to get psx2 hinting u know that kind of thing<lol>
I like Metal Gear Solid.... kept me going for hours... but there is another few that are a little off the beaten track... One is Parasite Eve, and another is Koudelka...
great games thumbsup.gif

oh yeah Parasite Eve is a great game too,real contenders with RE at that time but sadly i never did finish the game sad.gif .
i've played Koudelka and i especially liked thier game musics but i haven't finished that one too.played till somewhere in Disc 2.... sad.gif  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users