Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Video Games Thread

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#16    Cufflink

Cufflink

Poltergeist

• 2,234 posts

• For you, Baby, I could be

Posted 28 September 2003 - 05:08 PM

QUOTE (Celticwitch @ Sep 28 2003, 09:05 AM)
...One is Parasite Eve...

I ADORE Parasite Eve 2.   grin2.gif

It has Resi's gorgeous backdrops, but with the depth of a role-player.  I'm still hopeful that we'll get a PS2 game featuring Aya Brea.  

Posted Image
Posted Image

In case...two words, not one Posted Image

#17    Engulf

Engulf

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,436 posts

• "The wise only speaks when it is right, while the fool always speaks as though he is right."

Posted 28 September 2003 - 06:38 PM

Cufflink do you have a network adapter?i mean can you play online??anyway,i've got questions,hope you might help wink2.gif

say after you've purchased a net. adapt.,do you have to also purchase the internal HDD?i'm really a first-timer here so....

and another one,what are the games/game that you've gotta also subscribe in order to go online and play?

"Remember the truth is not for everyone - most people just do not want to know." --Robert Morningsky

"Since you are like no other being ever created since the beginning of time, you are incomparible." --Brenda Ueland

"Knowledge is strength, ignorance does not grant you any immunity." --Purple Crow

"I do not see any sin in the world, but I see a great deal of ignorance." --George Sand

#18    Cufflink

Cufflink

Poltergeist

• 2,234 posts

Posted 28 September 2003 - 07:06 PM

Engulf, I'm no expert on the online stuff, but this is what I know.

You buy an online adapter, and you must have a broadband connection.  If you've got both, that's it.  I think there's a subscription service, but that's in the UK.

Certain games already have online capabilities, such as Tony Hawk's.

You don't need the HDD, but without it, you won't have the best options for downloading stuff, etc.  I'm not clear on all the details, but I do know, you don't need it if you choose not to.

Myself?  I can't play online, 'cos I don't have broadband.  Oh well.  dontgetit.gif  

Posted Image
Posted Image

#19    Engulf

Engulf

Psychic Spy

• 1,436 posts

• "The wise only speaks when it is right, while the fool always speaks as though he is right."

Posted 29 September 2003 - 10:08 AM

alritee,thank you Cufflink. thumbsup.gif

so i'm just missing out on a network adapter then.....i think we don't have it here in Malaysia,how stupid disgust.gif ,guess i've got to order yet again whistling2.gif  

"Remember the truth is not for everyone - most people just do not want to know." --Robert Morningsky

"Since you are like no other being ever created since the beginning of time, you are incomparible." --Brenda Ueland

"Knowledge is strength, ignorance does not grant you any immunity." --Purple Crow

"I do not see any sin in the world, but I see a great deal of ignorance." --George Sand

#20    Guest_Fugu_Fish_*

Guest_Fugu_Fish_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 October 2003 - 11:35 PM

thumbsup.gif I enjoy playing DFBHD.. am LTC and doing well in multiplayer mode.. huh.gif  

#21    Ronin6th

Ronin6th

Psychic Spy

• 1,499 posts

Posted 07 October 2003 - 04:58 PM

Hmmm...did I hear about PARASITE EVE 1 ???

I really enjoyed that game, and got some cool pics of Aya Brea, if somebody is interessed. I also have some musics, I love the Intro and Police Station Themes!

user posted image

If you cannot be the First, be the One.

*Signature removed, exceeds permitted size guidelines - Click Here for details.

#22    Pale_Horse

Pale_Horse

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 233 posts

Posted 07 October 2003 - 06:59 PM

The game I am really looking forward to on the PC is Homeworld 2
Check out some screenies here!
Gonna' have to build a new comp just to play it though.  3d, real-time, space simulation; doesn't get any better.

My hair's turnin' white, my neck's always been red, my collar's still blue.
We've always been here tryin' to sing the truth to you.
Guess you could say we've always been red, white and blue.

Let's do it again!

#23    Pious Augustus

Pious Augustus

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 181 posts

Posted 08 October 2003 - 02:03 PM

Kingdom Hearts is a brilliant PS2 game, although since the semester started i havent picked up the control since i last played in august...

RPGs+5 Classes= no play and a lot homework disgust.gif  

"Ballad of Serenity"
Take my love, take my land
Take me where I cannot stand
I dont care, I'm still free
You cant take the sky from me...
Take me out to the black
Tell them I ain't comin' back
Burn the land and boil the sea
You can't take the sky from me
There's no place I can be
Since I found Serenity
But you can't take the sky from me

#24    Engulf

Engulf

Psychic Spy

• 1,436 posts

Posted 08 October 2003 - 02:39 PM

QUOTE (Pious Augustus @ Oct 8 2003, 02:03 PM)
Kingdom Hearts is a brilliant PS2 game, although since the semester started i havent picked up the control since i last played in august...

RPGs+5 Classes= no play and a lot homework disgust.gif

Heard that the sequel's comin out soon.I haven't played Kingdom Hearts,so I guess I'll just wait for the upcoming one. original.gif  

#25    Cufflink

Cufflink

Poltergeist

• 2,234 posts

Posted 08 October 2003 - 11:29 PM

RPG's take up so much time.  I loved FFVIII with it's New Romantic imagery (showing your age, here, Cuff).

But the damn thing took up so much time, I gave up on it.  sad.gif  

Posted Image
Posted Image

#26    Ronin6th

Ronin6th

Psychic Spy

• 1,499 posts

Posted 10 October 2003 - 08:40 PM

grin2.gif Aaaah little Kanga! I had a great pleasure playing Syphon Filter on the original Playstation. It was a great game, and a very interesting concept just as Tenchu and Metal Gear solid...

Hmmm...I've just bought Soul Calibur 2...I really had a bad feeling the first time I played it because I'm a great fan of the previous Dreamcast version whose gameplay differs a little, but finally I find it great, lot of interesting characters...

Damn Spawn is not in the PS version...sad.gif

If you cannot be the First, be the One.

*Signature removed, exceeds permitted size guidelines - Click Here for details.

#27    Cufflink

Cufflink

Poltergeist

• 2,234 posts

Posted 15 October 2003 - 12:33 AM

Disappointing update on that earlier Gran Turismo 4 news.

Looks like the Christmas release date has gone, and it's more likely to be out in Europe in Spring 2004.  crying.gif

Trouble with the online side of the game, apparently.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#28    Engulf

Engulf

Psychic Spy

• 1,436 posts

Posted 15 October 2003 - 10:33 AM

Argh ducks..... sad.gif .Guess we just have to wait then.....

Anyway I've just gotten Dynasty Warriors 4 (kinda late but oh well....),and it's awesome.Really stuck to it back a few days ago thumbsup.gif  

#29    pappagooch

pappagooch

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 558 posts

Posted 15 October 2003 - 09:08 PM

Man, I wish I had the "time" to play more video games...  crying.gif

I used to really get hooked into numerous games: Metal Gear, Tekken, Mortal Kombat D.A., Various Star Wars Games, etc... I actually loved Gauntlet! That was awesome! But all I ever have time for now is the occasional "Madden" game... I know it'll last an hour and a half and i'm out...

Also, Madden tourneys are great every once in a while!  

...the truth of things is the chief nutriment of superior intellects.

Leonardo da Vinci

#30    Engulf

Engulf

Psychic Spy

• 1,436 posts

Posted 17 October 2003 - 02:12 PM

One question here,anyone played the old Mortal Kombat Trilogy game?I've replayed it a moment ago,and the game's still kicking my butt!! laugh.gif  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users