Jump to content




Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.


* * * * - 7 votes

Do your deceased loved ones visit in dreams?


  • Please log in to reply
422 replies to this topic

#106    letsgomuddin

letsgomuddin

    Alien Embryo

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Joined:17 Aug 2008

Posted 17 August 2008 - 08:26 PM

my dad passed away a lil over 4 yrs ago on his 54th b-day

about a yr ago, i had a dream that i opened the frnt door at our old house(we moved after he passed) and he was standing there covered in dirt, and i asked him how it was possible that he was there, he was supposed to b dead...and he said that we had burried him while he was still alive... and then we sat on the couch and got cot up on things and i woke up crying

then last night i had a dream that i was with him at work(he drove a truck for yellow freight) and we were at the truck yard walking around and he was showing me how they catalog all the truck trailors, and then had me pull the truck around, and we drove off on the highway...and it was wierd cuz i was 15 wen died, and now im 19 and i started smoking a while ago, and in the dream while we were walkin around i lit a cig, and he dint even mind it at all, he was actin like a normal dad would if a son were to grow up with him...even tho he had a heart attack frm his smoking...


not sure wat to think aobut my dreams or wat there tryin to tell me...

Edited by letsgomuddin, 17 August 2008 - 08:27 PM.


#107    msmischief

msmischief

    Ectoplasmic Residue

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 231 posts
  • Joined:16 May 2008
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:US

Posted 17 August 2008 - 10:56 PM

I've had a few dreams about deceased loved ones.  Main one is my aunt, who was very open to the..un-ordinary I guess is a good word.  I can't remember the specifics, but I am always comforted when I dream of her.  I have never (remembered) dreaming about  my grandmother whom I was very close to and this disappoints me, because I always felt so close to her in life.

I have an deceased uncle.  I wasn't very close to him, I mean not anymore so than any of my other uncles.  About a month ago, I was bored on the internet and somehow came to death records on my state.  I looked up my uncles name, which of course made me think of him.  I don't normally think about him or any of my other dead relatives on a daily basis, but if I do it's usually my grandmother or aunt I think of, not my uncle.  I didn't dream of him that night.  The next morning I called my mom and she began telling me she dreamed of her brother (the uncle) and how I was in it as well. In her dream she wanted to see him; she'd been looking for him for awhile and was relived to finally realize he was with me and that I was taking care of him (I'm a nurse).  She finally got to see her brother.  She didn't tell me anymore than that.  

We were both kind of marveled at how that worked out.



#108    primordial

primordial

    Psychic Spy

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,695 posts
  • Joined:21 Jan 2005
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Land before 1492

  • I'd hate to die twice. It's so boring-- Richard Feynman, physicist, d. 1988

Posted 18 August 2008 - 12:28 AM

I had this really weird dream a couple years ago and I get chills when I think of it. But before I do begin, I do dream a lot about dead loved ones. Those are weird too, but this dream is the most sinister. From what I do remember n' written down in my Dream Journal/or diary of dreams: I was walking outside and around this huge church. The day was nice except there were dark menacing clouds towards the East. The main entrance was facing west. I went back of the church and gone thru an entrance. I could hear  someone is crying inside, and it seemed to be my mother, so I went in.
My senses were quite alert like as if something is waiting in the shadows and is going ambush me at any moment. I wandered thru dark halls looking at all these doors but I didn’t have the courage to undo one. I see a light under a door and I opened it. There was a strong breeze and I see a opened casket in middle of the church aisle between stunning oak pews. I couldn’t see anyone and the pews were all empty. I started to walk in the direction of the casket and it took a long time as though there some force. Halfway, I could see that there was definitely an person in..there and I was beginning to feel incredibly frightened for some reason. In each step nearer, the anxiety was mounting as I began to realize that it was me in the casket. I finally walked up and placed my hands carefully on edge of the casket. It was very cold, and I looked down at myself. My face was “set” in a peaceful look then I begin to feel immense sadness. I reached for my hands..
I woke up crying, feeling scared, and the dream was reasonably meaningful for about 3 mins, then after that I had felt silly. What I think of the dream is that whatever was lurking in the church hallways was my soul…odd dream.



Dreams

Edited by primordial, 18 August 2008 - 12:44 AM.

Angels on the sideline,
Baffled and confused.
Father blessed them all with reason.
And this is what they choose...
And this is what they choose.

#109    ValkyrieVoice

ValkyrieVoice

    Psychic Spy

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,439 posts
  • Joined:22 Oct 2005
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Dwight, Illinois

  • "Bubble, Bubble Toil And Trouble;
    Fire Burn, And Cauldron Bubble.
    Double, Double Toil And Trouble
    Something Wicked This Way Comes."

Posted 18 August 2008 - 12:57 AM

nycrican on Apr 14 2006, 10:43 AM, said:

HI Everyone:

I have always had dreams in which deceased friends and relatives show up. I am always delighted to see them and immeadiately ask them why they are here because they are supposed to be dead. They never answer my question but just start to join me in whatever I am doing in the dream when they appear.

I have seen my dad so many times in the dreams, he passed away 20 years ago. I have had dreams with my father in law who twice has given me a big hug and it just felt so good. He passed away about 5 years ago.

I have seen my younger sister who passed away 8 years ago in my dreams. In one of the dreams, I told her to go away because she was bugging me as younger sisters do in real life. When I woke up, I thought to myself that I should never have asked her to leave because the time she was spending with me was extra precious time that a lot of people do not get.

I recently told my sisters and mom about my dreams, they live in another state. Both were shocked because they do not have dreams with deceased people. When I told my mother in law about getting a hug from her deceased husband, she was also shocked and even a little jealous.

So my question is, do you have dreams with your deceased love ones? Who were they and please describe a few if you can.


I totally and completely believe that our passed on loved ones look in on us through our dreams. I've experienced my father and my two grandmothers showing up in my dreams, the last one being as recent as two weeks ago. My one grandmother whom I did not like in life wanted to see my youngest son, who happened to be visiting me here from out of state. I wouldn't allow her to see him and I was so adamant about her not seeing him in the dream that I forced myself to wake up out of it and run downstairs to be with him! That's how real it was. The dreams where my father and other grandmother show up are just as real too. I just got off the phone with my oldest son about 15 minutes ago and he told me of a dream about my father being in his dream once. He's never laid eyes on my father, nor has he seen any photographs of him and he described my dad to a "T". And, in his dream, my dad was riding alongside of him on a motorcycle that he use to ride when he was alive. My son described the motorcycle and it was exactly the motorcycle my dad use to own and ride, and my son has never seen it, nor photographs of the motorcycle neither. Amazing. I believe it was my dead father looking in on him as well.


"You Look Up When You Feel The Need For Elevation And I Look Down Because I Am Elevated. ..."

Thus Spake Zarathustra

-Friedrich Wilhelm Nietzsche

#110    megs

megs

    Alien Embryo

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Joined:04 Sep 2008

Posted 04 September 2008 - 09:53 PM

My father died 4 weeks ago after a very short bout with cancer. Last night I had a dream that I was in a large park at dusk with a group of people..I turned around to see my dad walking the opposite direction carrying stuff in a bag...he was fairly far, but he turned around smiled and waved...next part of the dream I was standing in this group of people and my dad walked up to me, and started talking about some car he wanted to drive (he loved cars) I told him that he could " do whatever he wanted now, so go drive it"..Then he gave me a hug and whispered in my ear " I will never leave you".. I woke up, and was crying..It was such a great dream...it sounded like him, felt like him and looked like him (before he got sick). It was such an amazing dream, and I can't help thinking it was his way of loving me from above...~M


#111    bee

bee

    Forum Divinity

  • Member
  • 11,273 posts
  • Joined:24 Jan 2007
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:England

Posted 04 September 2008 - 10:51 PM

megs on Sep 4 2008, 10:53 PM, said:

My father died 4 weeks ago after a very short bout with cancer. Last night I had a dream that I was in a large park at dusk with a group of people..I turned around to see my dad walking the opposite direction carrying stuff in a bag...he was fairly far, but he turned around smiled and waved...next part of the dream I was standing in this group of people and my dad walked up to me, and started talking about some car he wanted to drive (he loved cars) I told him that he could " do whatever he wanted now, so go drive it"..Then he gave me a hug and whispered in my ear " I will never leave you".. I woke up, and was crying..It was such a great dream...it sounded like him, felt like him and looked like him (before he got sick). It was such an amazing dream, and I can't help thinking it was his way of loving me from above...~M


That is a beautiful story...thanks.

When my Dad died....two and a half years ago...he came into my dreams a lot....not your usual type dream
...you know...the special/different type ones. We don't meet in dreams all that often now.....but I think that's
because he's kind-of moved on.....oriented himself to the 'other dimension'.

When my Grandad died many years ago...after cancer....he appeared (in a dream) looking incredibly healthy....smiling
at me...it was as if he was showing himself....so that I'd feel ok and remember him like that. He was also dressed,
in the dream, in a red cardigan and bright coloured cravat....which he would never have worn in his physical
existence. I will always remember his beaming smile, in 'the dream'.



#112    Golden Hawk

Golden Hawk

    Remote Viewer

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 610 posts
  • Joined:22 Apr 2008
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Somewhere in No Woman's Land

  • History is where you confuse the long since deceased
    And irritate the h**l out of the living.

Posted 05 September 2008 - 03:29 AM


So my question is, do you have dreams with your deceased love ones? Who were they and please describe a few if you can.
[/quote]


I don't have the dreams, but my eldest "JR" does and it scared her the first time it happened.  My Dad died when I was 5, my maternal grandmother died on my 14th birthday, so "JR" never even knew them.  My maternal Grandfather passed away when "JR" was 7, he was a character the G-Grandkids thought of as an overgrown Leperchan.  

In 1998 my Dad appeared to "JR" in a dream.  Dad was about 5'10" very thin, with a wonderful sense of humor.  He closely resembled actor Clark Gable, except Dad had a deep Alabama accent (imagine character of Rhett Butler in the movie "Gone With the Wind").  In 98' "JR" dreamed that Dad had come to tell her that my Mom's sister was dying, buty not to worry, everything would be alright.  Dad always talked fast, so "JR" couldn't understand everything he said to her.  In her dream she asked him to slow down.  The next night Dad returned and this time "JR" was able to hear what he was saying.

Almost a year to the day later, Dad returned to tell "JR" that Mom's sister was with them.  She woke up screaming and it took us a while to get her to calm down.  When she finally fell asleep again Gramps and Grandma appeared to her and told her Mom's sister was fine and to let everyone know she was safe with them.

Since then "JR" has seen other family members she never knew.  Without exception, they tell her that a family member is now with them, or to let her know they are watching over her.  Where some folks may have a guardian angel, it appears that "JR" has several, all of them watching over her and the rest of our family. wub.gif  innocent.gif

[/font] Golden Hawk

#113    Jacquie*

Jacquie*

    Alien Embryo

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Joined:15 Oct 2008

Posted 15 October 2008 - 04:20 PM

i once had a dream of my deceased great grandpa. i was about 5 or 6 when he died.  i am 16 now and this dream was just this year sometimes i talk to him, because i know he can hear me, i asked him if he could show me what it's like to be a spirit and about a 2 weeks later,   i dreamt that we were in my house, and in the inside of it there was a bowl for skateboarding in and  my brother was a pro skateboarder, and me and my 2 bestfriends and my great grandpa were watching him skateboard like nothing was wrong like he never died and we were just spending time together and then i was sitting on the edge of the bowl calling my brothers name saying "murray, murray!"  he wasn't answering me  and i was starting to get mad. then i started waving my arms like crazy yelling his name and he still didnt answer me.  my 2 bestfriends werent saying anything either, not even looking at me. my  great grandpa walked up to me and said, "they cant hear you or see you" then i said "why?"  he said, "because your dead, u died in a car accident."  then i started crying for a while and i woke up. it freaked me out. then about 2 or threee weeks after that dream happened i remembered that i asked him to show me what its like. so now i know that they really are with us, watching over us and can hear us when we talk to them. innocent.gif


#114    have2know

have2know

    Extraterrestrial Entity

  • Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 482 posts
  • Joined:04 Aug 2008
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:NY.

Posted 15 October 2008 - 05:54 PM

I have dreams once in a great while about family members that are deceased , but not once did they talk to me , only looked at me sad.gif

Tragedy, sadness, loneliness and despair taught me that life is really a beautiful thing; if it wasn't I wouldn't be able to recognize that anything was wrong

#115    TheSleeperAwakes

TheSleeperAwakes

    Alien Embryo

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 36 posts
  • Joined:25 Aug 2008
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Canada

Posted 16 October 2008 - 03:04 AM

have2know on Oct 15 2008, 05:54 PM, said:

I have dreams once in a great while about family members that are deceased , but not once did they talk to me , only looked at me sad.gif



    I dreamt once of my grandma, I had never met but in the dream I knew it was her, I did not quite see her only maybe the side profile but I knew it was her I could just associate the feeling with her. She told me "Everything is going to be ok." I told my mom the next day and she believed me thinking it was a sign. As I headed on into work that day my car slipped on ice dodged traffic and crashed into the side of the road. My car was destroyed but I was unscathed and fine. The part that is weird to me is how I skidded out of oncoming traffic I truly believe I was saved.


#116    Veliska

Veliska

    Investigator

  • Member
  • 2,581 posts
  • Joined:25 Aug 2007
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Florida USA

  • The unknown is what people are really scared of.

Posted 16 October 2008 - 01:38 PM

TheSleeperAwakes on Oct 16 2008, 03:04 AM, said:

I dreamt once of my grandma, I had never met but in the dream I knew it was her, I did not quite see her only maybe the side profile but I knew it was her I could just associate the feeling with her. She told me "Everything is going to be ok." I told my mom the next day and she believed me thinking it was a sign. As I headed on into work that day my car slipped on ice dodged traffic and crashed into the side of the road. My car was destroyed but I was unscathed and fine. The part that is weird to me is how I skidded out of oncoming traffic I truly believe I was saved.

Wow I beleive so too....you are very luckey

Posted Image

www.myspace.com/veliska28

#117    xthequeenofspadesx

xthequeenofspadesx

    Alien Embryo

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 47 posts
  • Joined:24 Sep 2008
  • Gender:Female

Posted 17 October 2008 - 05:26 AM

I believe that your loved ones can visit you in your dreams. It's usually just them trying to let you know that all is well or simply wanting to comfort you. My grandfather passed away about a year ago in the month of may and I haven't been able to think of anything else. The loss is still fresh in my heart and for many months I had often prayed that something like that would happen to me. Though I'm wondering about it now since the dream I had with him in it wasn't pleasant at all. I wouldn't mind a few opinions on what you think it may mean. My dream involved him getting hung from a noose...it was horrible and there were crowds of people laughing at him! I woke up crying...It was so horrible:( I don't know if that was just a product of my imagination or a message.

“Have the courage to live. Anyone can die.”

Shakugan No Shana

#118    Set the Fallen

Set the Fallen

    Poltergeist

  • Banned
  • 2,395 posts
  • Joined:02 Aug 2008
  • Gender:Not Selected

Posted 17 October 2008 - 01:35 PM

nycrican on Apr 14 2006, 05:43 PM, said:

HI Everyone:

I have always had dreams in which deceased friends and relatives show up. I am always delighted to see them and immeadiately ask them why they are here because they are supposed to be dead. They never answer my question but just start to join me in whatever I am doing in the dream when they appear.

I have seen my dad so many times in the dreams, he passed away 20 years ago. I have had dreams with my father in law who twice has given me a big hug and it just felt so good. He passed away about 5 years ago.

I have seen my younger sister who passed away 8 years ago in my dreams. In one of the dreams, I told her to go away because she was bugging me as younger sisters do in real life. When I woke up, I thought to myself that I should never have asked her to leave because the time she was spending with me was extra precious time that a lot of people do not get.

I recently told my sisters and mom about my dreams, they live in another state. Both were shocked because they do not have dreams with deceased people. When I told my mother in law about getting a hug from her deceased husband, she was also shocked and even a little jealous.

So my question is, do you have dreams with your deceased love ones? Who were they and please describe a few if you can.

A while ago I had a dream of the family dog.
He died about a year ago, it was really sad in the dream. We were not best friends, but we respected each other and used to have fun. To at all have a dream of him...

I was going on a train with my friends (it looked weird the train and I've never been on a train more than once... and that train came in another dream some years ago...). We got of the train to go to some house with a graveyard kind of house. The train keept going, but we knew we could reach it without troubles. So we were by this graveyard looking house. There that chihuahua stod. He was really large for a chihuahua, even though he is small to. He looked good and he was so happy to see me. He liked me like crazy and fluffed his tail as mad. I was happy to.
But we had to leave after a while to reach the train.
He went almost mad and looked really sad. He whimpered and cried. It was hard to leave him behind but we had to go. I was sad on the train... like a huge hole with a elephant hung inside it in my chest.


#119    have2know

have2know

    Extraterrestrial Entity

  • Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 482 posts
  • Joined:04 Aug 2008
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:NY.

Posted 17 October 2008 - 02:17 PM

Set the Fallen on Oct 17 2008, 02:35 PM, said:

A while ago I had a dream of the family dog.
He died about a year ago, it was really sad in the dream. We were not best friends, but we respected each other and used to have fun. To at all have a dream of him...

I was going on a train with my friends (it looked weird the train and I've never been on a train more than once... and that train came in another dream some years ago...). We got of the train to go to some house with a graveyard kind of house. The train keept going, but we knew we could reach it without troubles. So we were by this graveyard looking house. There that chihuahua stod. He was really large for a chihuahua, even though he is small to. He looked good and he was so happy to see me. He liked me like crazy and fluffed his tail as mad. I was happy to.
But we had to leave after a while to reach the train.
He went almost mad and looked really sad. He whimpered and cried. It was hard to leave him behind but we had to go. I was sad on the train... like a huge hole with a elephant hung inside it in my chest.

Aww , that's a sad dream/story.  But I think you did get to see your dog in that dream and say your last good bye.  I had a chihuahua growing up at home.  She bit everyone that came to vist , couldn't break her of that.  But she was great with us and I just loved her !!




Tragedy, sadness, loneliness and despair taught me that life is really a beautiful thing; if it wasn't I wouldn't be able to recognize that anything was wrong

#120    Set the Fallen

Set the Fallen

    Poltergeist

  • Banned
  • 2,395 posts
  • Joined:02 Aug 2008
  • Gender:Not Selected

Posted 17 October 2008 - 02:29 PM

have2know on Oct 17 2008, 04:17 PM, said:

Aww , that's a sad dream/story.  But I think you did get to see your dog in that dream and say your last good bye.  I had a chihuahua growing up at home.  She bit everyone that came to vist , couldn't break her of that.  But she was great with us and I just loved her !!

...
It was a weird dream. I've never cried after a dream before but that time. I did not think I would miss him so, my older sister was more with him and they were more...
Why did it have to happen after a year that I begin missing him? Gawd, that stupid chihuahua! I miss to toy with him, play with him, take a walk to that place... to hear him bark, those kind eyes. GAAAH. Why DO I HAVE TO MISS HIM? I would not have misse him if he did not seem so sad in the dream! That dream mayd me think on him to much!!
...
I hope... he is not... in... any... kind... of... troubles... in... the... spirit world... maybe that's why he contacted me? crying.gif

GAAAAHHH! I NEED A MEDIUM TO FIND OUT IF HE IS OKAY!!!  crying.gif





0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users