Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * - 6 votes

Do your deceased loved ones visit in dreams?

• Please log in to reply
414 replies to this topic

#121    have2know

have2know

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 482 posts

Posted 17 October 2008 - 02:42 PM

Set the Fallen on Oct 17 2008, 03:29 PM, said:

It was a weird dream. I've never cried after a dream before but that time. I did not think I would miss him so, my older sister was more with him and they were more...
Why did it have to happen after a year that I begin missing him? Gawd, that stupid chihuahua! I miss to toy with him, play with him, take a walk to that place... to hear him bark, those kind eyes. GAAAH. Why DO I HAVE TO MISS HIM? I would not have misse him if he did not seem so sad in the dream! That dream mayd me think on him to much!!
I hope... he is not... in... any... kind... of... troubles... in... the... spirit world... maybe that's why he contacted me? crying.gif

GAAAAHHH! I NEED A MEDIUM TO FIND OUT IF HE IS OKAY!!!  crying.gif

I think dreams bring out things in the back of your mind that you don't realy think about durring our daily activities.

Maybe deep down you think you didn't pay your dog enough attention and this dream brought that out.

So he came to you in your dream to let you know that all was good between you and him and he is in a happy place yes.gif
Just a thought.....hope you feel better!

Tragedy, sadness, loneliness and despair taught me that life is really a beautiful thing; if it wasn't I wouldn't be able to recognize that anything was wrong

#122    Aanica

Aanica

Government Agent

• Banned
  • 3,299 posts

Posted 17 October 2008 - 03:36 PM

sometimes they come or some friend that has passed on but not real often... original.gif

#123    Set the Fallen

Set the Fallen

Poltergeist

• Banned
  • 2,395 posts

Posted 17 October 2008 - 03:44 PM

have2know on Oct 17 2008, 04:42 PM, said:

I think dreams bring out things in the back of your mind that you don't realy think about durring our daily activities.

Maybe deep down you think you didn't pay your dog enough attention and this dream brought that out.

So he came to you in your dream to let you know that all was good between you and him and he is in a happy place yes.gif
Just a thought.....hope you feel better!

But why did he whimper then? Why did he try to breake free to come with us... it was disturbing.

#124    have2know

have2know

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 482 posts

Posted 17 October 2008 - 05:06 PM

[quote name='Set the Fallen' date='Oct 17 2008, 03:44 PM' post='2556672']
But why did he whimper then? Why did he try to breake free to come with us... it was disturbing.
[/quote

Hmm...well stf , think of this way...When he was living and knew he would be left alone   didn't he whimper & whine?  I know mine did and most dogs do right?

So he would be acting as he would if he were alive.

If he just turned around and didn't cry , wouldn't you think your dream meant he didn't care?

I believe in your dream ,  he wanted to tell you that he knows you miss him and how much you cared for him & vice-versa !

Tragedy, sadness, loneliness and despair taught me that life is really a beautiful thing; if it wasn't I wouldn't be able to recognize that anything was wrong

#125    Aries1982

Aries1982

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 177 posts

Posted 26 October 2008 - 01:20 AM

After my grandfather died, I had many dreams about him in the first few months after he passed away. I never thought of asking him questions in my dream because it was a dream after all, and sometimes that's hard to do. The one thing I always noticed about my grandfather is that he was always smiling at me in my dream, the way he would when i'd crack a little joke around him. It felt awesome seeing that reassuring smile. Over the last year though i'd been doing more reading about dreaming and especially lucid dreaming and trying to gain some control over your dream, instead of panicing and trying to kick yourself out, like I'd usually do. I had another dream about my grandfather just a few days ago... he showed up in my dream out of nowhere, again with the reassuring smile. I always seem to be in a quite a panic when I see him and start bawling my eyes out and screaming "Poppa" at him, as soon as I see him. It's like I can't even control that, I can only explain my desperation in the dream is that of a movie scene, where people just fall to their knees and wail. I recognized in this last dream though that I was infact dreaming and even thought in my dream that it's my chance to ask him some questions, it was weird though... because I started crying again and reaching out for him, again him just with the reassuring smile, and I gained composure and was trying to get myself to ask a question to him. As soon as I was ready though... I got sucked back at a rapid rate, almost like the tunnel effect, I just flew backwards really fast and woke up at that second. So anyway, long story short... Althought I dream of my grandfather quite frequently, he always does the one thing in the dream that made me feel the best when I was around him and that's really awesome. I just think he might not be letting me ask questions because i'm not ready to hear the answer to some of my questions, or maybe i'm just afraid to ask, like I said... I tend to just lose it in my dream. I can only hope the next time I dream of my grandfather I can keep my composure and get a question out before I wake up. At the end of the day though, i'm just glad he shows up in my dreams.

It's so damn Hot! Milk was a bad choice..

#126    Aanica

Aanica

Government Agent

• Banned
  • 3,299 posts

Posted 26 October 2008 - 01:46 AM

I do have some visit me in dreams one friend I was very close to and one I was not, so far only these 2 people come and not very often , so much so I believe they really do come and it's not just a dream about them as much as it is a visit,  I also had an appearance of angels once and one time Jesus but only once with a message from each.

#127    lucidman

lucidman

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 November 2008 - 12:56 AM

I had a dream which is quite vague but I remember being in a field and looking around, i was with my grandad (who had been dead for 10 years) and everywhere i looked he was standing with me in this field just looking at me. It felt really weird and it didnt last long but made me feel safe and at peace. My grandad had died of cancer when i was young so i had very little memories of him just photos. In the dream we didnt speak i just was with him and he looked the way i had remembered him a long time ago, I didnt realise i was dreaming at the time and it was though he was still alive. Looking back it didnt feel like a dream it was weird as though everything was blurred and surreal other than my grandad who was so clear and real.

Just thought i would share this dream if anyone can make sense of it? thanks

#128    Asteroth

Asteroth

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 220 posts

Posted 22 November 2008 - 01:01 AM

I've dreamed about my dog a lot after he passed. It was allways about trying to save him, keeping him alive. Probably because I feel like he didn't have to die.

I also saw my grandpa in one dream a few weeks ago. That was really weird, because he has passed away more than 12 years ago and I never really thought or dreamed about him before.

Memories spark the most unexpected dreams.

#129    Kismit

Kismit

Telekinetic

• 7,680 posts

Posted 27 November 2008 - 02:15 AM

My friends Father yelled at me about 3 days after he died. I wasn't quite asleep and I heard his voice say "I've tried to tell him but he just won't bloody listen" that was all. The bizzare part of it was that I heard the voice incredibly clearly. In a part of my brain just behind my left ear. And not through my ears at all.

My next experience was also just as I was falling asleep about 3 days after a friend had died. As I was falling sleep I clearly felt a hand slap me playfully 3 times in the back of the head. I'm pretty sure it was him.

#130    boojagirl

boojagirl

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 8 posts

• if you died tommorow would you be happy with how you acted today.

Posted 02 December 2008 - 06:57 AM

I had dreams of my grandma after she died, which I will always remember was around 7pm January 25th 1990, I was 16, I remember being in the car with my parents comming home from church school when they told me,  for 3 nights in a row I drempt that I was at her house and the immediate family was there like when we would all go there for christmas or easter and even though it was her house she would leave, on the 3rd night I asked her why she left even though it was her house and she said "don't worry, I will never leave you". About a year after that I drempt that I was at the house again and it partly looked like it did when her and my grandpa lived there and partly like it did they way my sister and brother-in-law had it, my grandpa moved to the retirement home and passed away Jan 23 1992, my dad owned the house and let my sister and brother in law live there, my grandma was sitting in a chair by the kitchen table telling us all about heaven, I was looking at her and listening, then I turned around to look at something else then when I looked back she was gone

#131    ROGER

ROGER

Government Agent

• 3,482 posts

• Sticks and stone didnt break my bone,
    But old age is starting to Hurt me!

Posted 02 December 2008 - 08:53 PM

Keep looking boojagirl: My wife and I seen or heard my in laws, who,s home we moved in to after they passed, for years. Only after all the kids moved out did the sightings stop.
  I guess my wife and I were just to BORING for them to stay!  grin2.gif

The world can't end in 2012, I have a yogurt that expires in 2013.

#132    Boo Boo

Boo Boo

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 123 posts

Posted 03 December 2008 - 12:39 AM

On the morning of my 10th birthday, I had a dream that I was in this dark empty room, and there was an angel crying in the corner of the room.  I walked up to her and asked what was wrong, and she looked up and said "You are going to die when you are 30."  I asked "what? Why?"  She said "You will come to see..."  I asked "How will I die?"  she again said "You will see..."
Then I woke up crying.
I'm almost 26....  ohmy.gif

#133    Ufo Believer

Ufo Believer

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,684 posts
  • Location:Berks County, PA now residing in Summerville, SC, USA

• Always keep looking up...the truth is out there.

Why shouldn't we believe?

I'm still looking for the truth...when I find it, I'll post it.

Posted 03 December 2008 - 01:35 AM

I hope I have a dream of a dead realitive soon. Hopefully my grandmother. She got me into Ufo's. My grandmother was a very nice person. One time when it snowed alot back in Pennslyvaina, and she was the only one in the tralior park (where she and my pop-pop used to live) that had a gas stove, while most everyone else had an electric stove. Well when the snow started to fall and stick to the road she invited anyone who wanted to come over at anytime to get some coffee and if they needed to, sleep over if need be. I really miss her. She died in 2005 of cancer.

I'm Back...

#134    primordial

primordial

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,695 posts

• I'd hate to die twice. It's so boring-- Richard Feynman, physicist, d. 1988

Posted 03 December 2008 - 01:41 AM

Eventually, u will, Ufo.  original.gif

Angels on the sideline,
Baffled and confused.
Father blessed them all with reason.
And this is what they choose...
And this is what they choose.

#135    Dancer

Dancer

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 35 posts

Posted 03 December 2008 - 11:45 AM

My belief is that dreams are messages from us to us. They are from our subconscious. They are telling us things we already know but donít know we know. We have a storehouse of hidden knowledge within us. We already know where and how our loved ones are but it is not something we are consciously aware of. Sometimes all it takes is for us to sit quietly contemplating a loved one for us to ífeelí that they are still with us.

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users