Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * - 6 votes

Do your deceased loved ones visit in dreams?

• Please log in to reply
414 replies to this topic

#31    Veliska

Veliska

Investigator

• 2,581 posts

• The unknown is what people are really scared of.

Posted 09 February 2008 - 11:39 AM

veliska27 on Feb 9 2008, 12:29 PM, said:

Well I found out someting interesting though. His wife would hear him call her name...and she swore that when she would sit on the sofa that he was there sitting with her. She would smell his cologne that he used too wear. My ex and I thought that she was doing that because she was used too him being there. That her mind was playing tricks on her. Well after the last dream I had of him....me signing...and of him floating toward the light, she said that she had no experiances. I really think I helped him move on....that he reached me through my dreams, because he needed my help. The song I was singing I can still remember......Eyes with no more tears to cry....turning heavenward toward the light......cry in the name of Jesus.....help me see the light of one more day. He just could not pass on, not without his wife of 52 years. He didn't want to leave her alone. I think that is why in the first dream he would not get in the car....he just kept walking and crying. It was a sign that he was not ready. (((Regency)))) I beleive she will come into your dreams some day. I think that spirits come into your dreams when you are so relaxed before you go to bed...and you don't have so much on your mind. So your mind is open to all kinds of things and possibilites, like pyshcics do. They even do exercises to help them open up. Thats how I think spirits come into your dreams. It's not that your daughter won't visit, she hasn't had the chance too.This might sound weird too you but I think I can help you with a little advice. When you get the chance one night before you go to bed....right down everything that is on your mind, crumble it up and throw it away. After you through it away laydown and relax. If you can get yourself in a Hypnotic state....which is almost asleep, but still awake.....that is how Lucid Dreams can form, where you can control your DREAMS!! Pratice that and see if she comes through in your dream. I can get that way with meditation, but you should try REM (Rapid Eye Movement), it is more effective. Do this when you are laying down relaxed, with your eyes closed move your eyes around a little side by side. You will actually feel yourself going into the Hypnotic State....dont freak out though....go with the flow or you will wake yourself up...lol. you will start seeing flashes of people, or places. Then you go into your dream, with an open mind. If you are luckey it would be a Lucid Dream! When I had those dreams I was not having a Lucid Dream, but I was totally relaxed and open minded. Here is an experiance from another thread when I had a warning come through! (Sightings, reports, and experiances.)

I remember one night, when I was alone, I had a strange dream. I was kinda nervous to be alone anyways because I never go to sleep in an empty house. So I just basically stayed in my bedroom. Finally I drifted off to sleep and had a dream that my phone rang. When I answered it, it was a man on the other end that said secure your home. I was like huh? Then the man on the other end hung up. Then I woke up. I was thinking to myself what a weird dream. Then I remembered HOLY CRAP I did not lock the windows or doors. So I locked everything up...read my novel and feel asleep. 2 hours later a policeman knocked on my door and said that my neighbor was robbed and taken to the hospital. He was 72 years old!! Man that freaked me out. The cop asked me if I had heard anything. I just looked at him like uuuhhhhhhhhhh...lol. He saw the shocked look on my face then said," make sure you keep your home secured."

I did have my grandmother come through one of my dreams when my mom was sick she was bed ridden.......she did'nt say anything too me just disappeared, but I had a feeling overcome me when I woke. I had to see my MOM! When I got there she was dying sad.gif she was bleeding everywhere from between her legs. She keep cussing me out because I called 911! She had a Tumor rupture the size of a football in her uterus, plus the tumor was pressing on her hernaited disk when she layed down....thats why she couldn't get up. My Grandmother saved her life.

Posted Image

www.myspace.com/veliska28

#32    Veliska

Veliska

Investigator

• 2,581 posts

Posted 09 February 2008 - 11:45 AM

SS79 on Feb 9 2008, 12:34 PM, said:

Yikes V thats freaky but cool at the same time . I often wonder if its  some inherant sense that we all have . Like a deep intuition as there are lots who have the same as this . i've had it myself where i'll just be dozing off and suddenly i'll start to dream that one of my kids falls from a window and jump up shocked . but it makes me go around checking windows . and i have often found that one of the kids has left one unlocked which is totally forbidden in my house due to inquisitve toddlers  . wierd  .

Glad you were safe  and hope your neighbour was okay after the robbery it can be a  very traumatic experience .

Thanks for sharing . original.gif

EDIT : numerous typos . its early and i'm tired LOL

Your welcome....sadley he was put in a home after that. Everyone has it SS79 we just need to learn how to use it. Remember....when we are asleep....your brain takes over, so how about learning how to control it!

Posted Image

#33    SS79

SS79

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,917 posts

Posted 09 February 2008 - 11:47 AM

veliska27 on Feb 9 2008, 11:45 AM, said:

Your welcome....sadley he was put in a home after that. Everyone has it SS79 we just need to learn how to use it. Remember....when we are asleep....your brain takes over, so how about learning how to control it!

AWW im sorry to hear that . poor guy .

Edited by SS79, 09 February 2008 - 11:48 AM.

#34    Veliska

Veliska

Investigator

• 2,581 posts

Posted 09 February 2008 - 12:10 PM

SS79 on Feb 9 2008, 11:47 AM, said:

AWW im sorry to hear that . poor guy .

Yeah it really sucks. His wife was unharmed though, but she was too old to take care of him with those type of injuries.

Posted Image

#35    Regency

Regency

Poltergeist

• 2,846 posts

• I come fully equipped with a papoose. If you need to move me around I slot in the back like a peanut.

Posted 09 February 2008 - 06:06 PM

veliska27 on Feb 9 2008, 11:29 AM, said:

Well I found out someting interesting though. His wife would hear him call her name...and she swore that when she would sit on the sofa that he was there sitting with her. She would smell his cologne that he used too wear. My ex and I thought that she was doing that because she was used too him being there. That her mind was playing tricks on her. Well after the last dream I had of him....me signing...and of him floating toward the light, she said that she had no experiances. I really think I helped him move on....that he reached me through my dreams, because he needed my help. The song I was singing I can still remember......Eyes with no more tears to cry....turning heavenward toward the light......cry in the name of Jesus.....help me see the light of one more day. He just could not pass on, not without his wife of 52 years. He didn't want to leave her alone. I think that is why in the first dream he would not get in the car....he just kept walking and crying. It was a sign that he was not ready. (((Regency)))) I beleive she will come into your dreams some day. I think that spirits come into your dreams when you are so relaxed before you go to bed...and you don't have so much on your mind. So your mind is open to all kinds of things and possibilites, like pyshcics do. [/size]

When I'm in bed at night, it's when I feel most anxious about her not being here - I'm a terrible sleeper, I wake up anxious all through the night because of her, so if being relaxed in bed is a prerequiste of a visit, it would explain why I'm not getting one.

Vel, those dreams were so detailed of yours.  It's funny what you should say about him being in a car, in one of my husbands' clear as day dreams about our daughter, they were on a train.  It must be significant, a journey?  

#36    Veliska

Veliska

Investigator

• 2,581 posts

Posted 09 February 2008 - 06:55 PM

Regency on Feb 9 2008, 07:06 PM, said:

When I'm in bed at night, it's when I feel most anxious about her not being here - I'm a terrible sleeper, I wake up anxious all through the night because of her, so if being relaxed in bed is a prerequiste of a visit, it would explain why I'm not getting one.

Vel, those dreams were so detailed of yours.  It's funny what you should say about him being in a car, in one of my husbands' clear as day dreams about our daughter, they were on a train.  It must be significant, a journey?

Thats what I thought too......because he did NOT want to get in the car. He wasn't ready. I think that is why he was crying

Posted Image

#37    AngelXVI

AngelXVI

Psychic Spy

• 1,149 posts

• God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change... Courage to change the things I can,,, and wisdom to know the difference!

Posted 10 February 2008 - 03:15 AM

Regency on Feb 9 2008, 01:06 PM, said:

There is nothing worse than the lose of a child and I pray to God I never become a member of that club, I am so sorry for you loss. I am sure she will be around you in spirit.

I once dreamt about my Grandma, but she was on a bus with the rest of my family. Maybe there is some significance in it!

Posted Image

Demons only exist if you believe in them!!!

#38    LadyHay

LadyHay

Poltergeist

• 2,232 posts

Posted 10 February 2008 - 11:23 AM

Dreams are just....fascinating. I keep a dream diary.  The more I write in it, the clearer my dreams become.  I have some pretty whacky dreams too.  I'll have a look back in my journal to see if I have one about my birth dad.  I had one about a Thunderbird once.  It was an amazing, awesome dream.  I don't mean awesome cool, but awesome as in powerful!

When I was about 12, I was camping with a friend's family once, and had a dream once that my dad went to the hospital (he had already had two heart attacks and one was near-fatal and we were always worried about his seemingly fragile health) but in my dream he was laughing and chatting in his hospital bed.  When I got home that afternoon, he had had a gallbladder attack and was taken to the hospital. When I visited him later that day, he was cracking jokes and was quite chatty.  I was told once that it might have been someone watching over me and passing me a dream to prepare myself for this.

I have premonitory dreams occasionally and I wonder if someone is sending me stuff.  Not quite what the OP was about, but a side topic.

#39    Veliska

Veliska

Investigator

• 2,581 posts

Posted 10 February 2008 - 02:26 PM

Hezzbelle on Feb 10 2008, 12:23 PM, said:

Dreams are just....fascinating. I keep a dream diary.  The more I write in it, the clearer my dreams become.  I have some pretty whacky dreams too.  I'll have a look back in my journal to see if I have one about my birth dad.  I had one about a Thunderbird once.  It was an amazing, awesome dream.  I don't mean awesome cool, but awesome as in powerful!

When I was about 12, I was camping with a friend's family once, and had a dream once that my dad went to the hospital (he had already had two heart attacks and one was near-fatal and we were always worried about his seemingly fragile health) but in my dream he was laughing and chatting in his hospital bed.  When I got home that afternoon, he had had a gallbladder attack and was taken to the hospital. When I visited him later that day, he was cracking jokes and was quite chatty.  I was told once that it might have been someone watching over me and passing me a dream to prepare myself for this.

I have premonitory dreams occasionally and I wonder if someone is sending me stuff.  Not quite what the OP was about, but a side topic.

Thanks for sharing it!

Posted Image

#40    Radian

Radian

Καρδιά ενός &a

• 8,002 posts

• Καρδιά ενός δράκου

Posted 10 February 2008 - 08:42 PM

Hezzbelle on Feb 10 2008, 05:23 AM, said:

Slightly off topic myself.. but, I've wondered what the major differences were between Premonitions & dreams.. I've come to think premonitions are more emotional in the experience, while dreams are just the experience.. I believe too these premonitions are ways to prepare us for something.. who's sending them or what? I'd awoke one morning with the heavy thought and burden on my heart that my father was dead. I had no reason to think he was, he (or so we thought) was in good health at the time.. a few hours later.. I found him in his bed.. passed away from a fatal heart attack... He'd passed that very night..
Did this dream/premonition prepare me? In strange ways it absolutely did...

Posted Image <-- my attack bee

#41    RX-7

RX-7

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 433 posts

Posted 10 February 2008 - 11:16 PM

Speaking of dreams and premonitions, I often have a strange recurring dream where my mouth would go numb and then my teeth would break off. When I looked up the definition in dream books, I would usually laugh it off or would always dismiss them as nonsense since who would like to believe that something bad would happen. But the funny thing I've noticed is that after around 3 days of the dream, something bad and physically draining would always occur.

#42    AngelXVI

AngelXVI

Psychic Spy

• 1,149 posts

• God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change... Courage to change the things I can,,, and wisdom to know the difference!

Posted 10 February 2008 - 11:18 PM

RX-7 on Feb 10 2008, 06:16 PM, said:

Speaking of dreams and premonitions, I often have a strange recurring dream where my mouth would go numb and then my teeth would break off. When I looked up the definition in dream books, I would usually laugh it off or would always dismiss them as nonsense since who would like to believe that something bad would happen. But the funny thing I've noticed is that after around 3 days of the dream, something bad and physically draining would always occur.

I used to have those dreams or similar years ago... I read somewhere it's a sign of insecurity.

Posted Image

#43    RX-7

RX-7

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 433 posts

Posted 10 February 2008 - 11:35 PM

AngelXVI on Feb 10 2008, 11:18 PM, said:

I used to have those dreams or similar years ago... I read somewhere it's a sign of insecurity.

Insecurity? that can't be true  tongue.gif

This is all nonsense, and dream books are evil.

#44    AngelXVI

AngelXVI

Psychic Spy

• 1,149 posts

Posted 10 February 2008 - 11:39 PM

RX-7 on Feb 10 2008, 06:35 PM, said:

Insecurity? that can't be true  tongue.gif

This is all nonsense, and dream books are evil.

Well I can say I didn't feel insecure... I no longer have the book, and never bothered to buy a new one!

Posted Image

#45    RX-7

RX-7

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 433 posts

Posted 10 February 2008 - 11:44 PM

AngelXVI on Feb 10 2008, 11:39 PM, said:

Well I can say I didn't feel insecure... I no longer have the book, and never bothered to buy a new one!

I already burnt mine  grin2.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users